I finally switched to SE for this playthrough and got this mod again since I never quite beat it, but this time I can't even get the second spell. I've tried farming interactions with angrim because I saw that that's what advances the main quest and still nothing just the belt and "practice" when I ask for the new spell. I tried using spell like I'm supposed to on others (drink magic essence) but don't get any sort of noticeable effect from it afterwards, although I don't remember if you're supposed to it's been a while. I also just tried playing the game normally for what has to have been 2 in game weeks and still nothing. Anyone know how to advance to the second spell or what might help?

Edit: I am using SLSO if that has something to do with the issue

Anyone know a command to force my way past the "Not now little one, but while you're here..." thing? Because I've gone as far as a week in-game now without speaking to Angrim and that's still the result when I try to progress. 

Tried checking quest variables but I cannot recognize which one I need to change.

If I am remembering correctly, and you have the 3 spells and the upgraded belt then

Spoiler

an "angrimsatiation" of less then 7 or lower is what you need. The belt with plugs vibration event is the main way to lower satiation, many short 1 hour waits will work much better then a single long wait.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:22 AM, H Bof said:

I finally switched to SE for this playthrough and got this mod again since I never quite beat it, but this time I can't even get the second spell. I've tried farming interactions with angrim because I saw that that's what advances the main quest and still nothing just the belt and "practice" when I ask for the new spell. I tried using spell like I'm supposed to on others (drink magic essence) but don't get any sort of noticeable effect from it afterwards, although I don't remember if you're supposed to it's been a while. I also just tried playing the game normally for what has to have been 2 in game weeks and still nothing. Anyone know how to advance to the second spell or what might help?

Edit: I am using SLSO if that has something to do with the issue

Angrim's Apprentice has some compatibility issues with SLSO (check the previous page in this thread for details), try changing the option within the SLSO MCM to "sexlab always orgasm" and then try the spell again.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:49 AM, Marg597 said:

Angrim's Apprentice has some compatibility issues with SLSO (check the previous page in this thread for details), try changing the option within the SLSO MCM to "sexlab always orgasm" and then try the spell again.

Yeah that did the trick thanks! Bummer there still isn't some compatibility patch like psq by now

On 3/28/2021 at 2:44 AM, H Bof said:

Yeah that did the trick thanks! Bummer there still isn't some compatibility patch like psq by now

RE: SLSO Patch for Angrim's Apprentice 2.11 LE (and maybe SE too?)

This patch is to add compatibility for Angrim's apprentice for use with SLSO = SexLab Separate Orgasm (Link to LE version)

I don't know if this patch will work for you, so you may want to back up your save first.  See below for testing status.  I took the 8 scripts that have "OrgasmEnd" and "PlayerOrgasmEnd" and changed them to "AnimationEnd" As per the suggestion made on a previous page by @DayTri .  I have no idea if this will work, but it did compile successfully.

Please note that these files were created based on the LE version of the mod.  If the scripts are the same in LE and SE, then this should work under SE as well.

*Make sure to back up your save game before trying this* 

As far as I know, loose files should override the bsa.  So you could copy the "scripts" folder from this archive directly into your mod folder, but you should also be able to just install it like you would any other patch provided it is taking precedence in the load order. 

If anyone tries this patch and it works for you please let me know :)

Here are the changes made:

angrimtemptressscr changed OrgasmEnd to AnimationEnd
angrimtriggerspell changed OrgasmEnd to AnimationEnd
angrimyngvildscr changed from PlayerOrgasmEnd to AnimationEnd
angrimapprenticequestscript changed OrgasmEnd to AnimationEnd
angrimdibellafavorscr changed from PlayerOrgasmEnd to AnimationEnd
angrimdibellaquestscr changed from PlayerOrgasmEnd to AnimationEnd
angrimemissaryscr changed OrgasmEnd to AnimationEnd
angrimsuccubusscript changed OrgasmEnd to AnimationEnd

If you decide to try it on SE but want to compare the files first you would need to unpack the BSA and then use notepad or notepad++ to view the source .psc files and compare them (I recommend Notepad++ as it has tabs)

1. backup your save!

2. install the patch

2.5 If you were using the work-around, disable sexlab always orgasm in SLSO MCM before trying to test

3. ???

4. Profit (I hope)

Angrim's Apprentice 2.11 LE SLSO Patch (Untested).7z

13 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I don't know if this will work for you, so you may want to back up your save first.  I have been wanting to do this for a while and of course now I'm in the middle of a save that doesn't include this mod, so I can't test it.  I took the 8 scripts that have "OrgasmEnd" and "PlayerOrgasmEnd" and changed them to "AnimationEnd" As per the suggestion made on a previous page by @DayTri .  I have no idea if this will work, but it did compile successfully.

Please note that these files were created based on the LE version of the mod.  If the scripts are the same in LE and SE, then this should work under SE as well.

As far as I know, loose files should override the bsa.  So you could copy the "scripts" folder from this archive directly into your mod folder, but you should also be able to just install it like you would any other patch provided it is taking precedence in the load order. 

If you decide to try it on SE but want to compare the files first you would need to unpack the BSA and then use notepad or notepad++ to view the source .psc files and compare them (I recommend Notepad++ as it has tabs)

1. backup your save!

2. install the patch

2.5 If you were using the work-around, disable sexlab always orgasm in SLSO MCM before trying to test

3. ???

4. Profit (I hope)

Angrim's Apprentice 2.11 LE SLSO Patch (Untested).7z 20.15 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, took a look at your scripts and this should work. For anyone who wants to test, you'll know it works if you are able to successfully get any of the spell effects to work without SL always orgasm turned on.

BTW there is an even better way to fix this, which is to patch the mod so that partner orgasms are required for the spells to trigger. That seems to be the intention of the mod, you are taking people's souls by making them cum. But it's not as simple a fix.

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

This patch is to add compatibility for Angrim's apprentice for use with SLSO = SexLab Separate Orgasm (Link to LE version)

I don't know if this patch will work for you, so you may want to back up your save first.  See below for testing status.  I took the 8 scripts that have "OrgasmEnd" and "PlayerOrgasmEnd" and changed them to "AnimationEnd" As per the suggestion made on a previous page by @DayTri .  I have no idea if this will work, but it did compile successfully.

1. backup your save!

2. install the patch

3. ???

4. Profit (I hope)

Testing Status for SLSO patch (currently using LE):

Updated May 26

Spoiler

1st spell - Drink Magical Essence = Works

2nd spell - Honeyed Tongue = Works*

3rd spell - Drink Vital Essence = Works

* I'm pretty sure that the Drink Wits / Honeyed Tongue spell works, I did get it to work at least twice, but I think maybe something in my load order is preventing it from working reliably and I have no idea what.  My guess is it's something else that adds speechcraft buffs / debufs, which could be YPS Fashion or Bathing in Skyrim or something else.  The other 2 spells work every time, and I'm working towards getting the "fourth" spell to test.

I'll try and update this post again once I get more of the spells tested.  After that I will put the patch up on it's own page to make it easier to find. 

Please let me know via PM or reply here if you are able to successfully get the other spells to work in the mean time.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been answered already.

Way in the beginning of my game I went to do Rannveig's Fast. At the end of it I ended up being that sometimes a ghost. I didn't return to Angrim until much later. He's stopped interacting with me because I'm a part time ghost.

Have I done goofed? Is the rest of the mod locked because of that or is there a way to continue?

3 hours ago, aviante said:

Way in the beginning of my game I went to do Rannveig's Fast. At the end of it I ended up being that sometimes a ghost. I didn't return to Angrim until much later. He's stopped interacting with me because I'm a part time ghost.

Have I done goofed? Is the rest of the mod locked because of that or is there a way to continue?

Check in with the mage Fallion in Morthal and see if he can help you.  There's something but I never tried it.  Small spoiler below:

Spoiler

Being a ghost is known as one of the 3 "endings" as far as I know.  So I don't know if you'd be able to cure it and then keep going?  If Fallion cures you but you still can't move forward with Angrim (which may very well be the case) and you do another run through on a new character just don't read that book (Dalliances I think it is) unless you want the ghost ending.

Edited by Marg597
spoiler
On 7/7/2021 at 8:39 PM, aviante said:

Have you read "Dalliance" book before going to that dungeon?

The books are part of a small quest chain. You can find the first one (Carnal Magic) inside a chest in Angrim's cellar.

Steps:

1- Find the Carnal Magic book. Upon reading it, you'll be going to a dungeon and retrieve a spell tome. After that, return to the cellar and read On Succubi.

2- You'll once again be sent to another place to recovery the "Drink Soul" spell tome. Return to the cellar again and read Dalliance.

3- Go to Rannveig (or Yngvild, depending of what your quest log says), then become a ghost and finish the quest having sex with the dremora.

4- To get rid of the ghost form, cast Drink Soul spell just before having sex with any humanoid NPC. If you use SLSO, make also sure to enable the option "Sexlab always orgasm" before the scene starts, even if you have the patch at post #1351 installed (it doesn't work to end the ghost curse). Be careful at that point, since the NPC affected by the spell will take damage and may survive (sometimes becoming hostile and giving you a bounty) - very likely to happen if the NPC is protected or essential.

If you're stuck after finishing Dalliances, add the "Drink Soul" spell with console commands and do the step 4.

So I think I'm at the moment where I have to wait around 30 days (if i understand it from previous comments) before I can make further progress with the belt and stuff but does it help to make it go quicker by changing the timescale (default is 20 I think and change it to 50 or something)  or does that nothing or would that break anything?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 2:46 AM, Vaccinated Alligator said:

Have you read "Dalliance" book before going to that dungeon?

The books are part of a small quest chain. You can find the first one (Carnal Magic) inside a chest in Angrim's cellar.

Steps:

1- Find the Carnal Magic book. Upon reading it, you'll be going to a dungeon and retrieve a spell tome. After that, return to the cellar and read On Succubi.

2- You'll once again be sent to another place to recovery the "Drink Soul" spell tome. Return to the cellar again and read Dalliance.

3- Go to Rannveig (or Yngvild, depending of what your quest log says), then become a ghost and finish the quest having sex with the dremora.

4- To get rid of the ghost form, cast Drink Soul spell just before having sex with any humanoid NPC. If you use SLSO, make also sure to enable the option "Sexlab always orgasm" before the scene starts, even if you have the patch at post #1351 installed (it doesn't work to end the ghost curse). Be careful at that point, since the NPC affected by the spell will take damage and may survive (sometimes becoming hostile and giving you a bounty) - very likely to happen if the NPC is protected or essential.

If you're stuck after finishing Dalliances, add the "Drink Soul" spell with console commands and do the step 4.

I'm having the same problem, the drain does happen, but I still a ghost. Do you need a soul gem or something to end the curse?

On 7/10/2021 at 8:37 AM, TaCo1234567890 said:

So I think I'm at the moment where I have to wait around 30 days (if i understand it from previous comments) before I can make further progress with the belt and stuff but does it help to make it go quicker by changing the timescale (default is 20 I think and change it to 50 or something)  or does that nothing or would that break anything?

The amount of days doesn't matter.  What matters is you "arousal".  You have to be sexually frustrated to progress the quest.  The other progress markers are finishing certain vanilla quests and practicing the spells that he asks you to.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is probably an answer to this in the thread but i read 2 pages and already got more spoilers than I want so if anyone could kindly help me id appreciate it. Ive just installed and went to talk to angrim in the cellar. He just dismisses me, doesnt even open a dialogue. Is it borked or am i just missing a step in game?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 2:19 AM, devilhunter89 said:

There is probably an answer to this in the thread but i read 2 pages and already got more spoilers than I want so if anyone could kindly help me id appreciate it. Ive just installed and went to talk to angrim in the cellar. He just dismisses me, doesnt even open a dialogue. Is it borked or am i just missing a step in game?

You may have already figured this out since it's been 2 weeks, but try talking to farengar the wizard in whiterun and do his favor.  Also there's dialogue from belethor and Ysolda but I don't think it's required to hear it from them.  I honestly don't remember if that's required but my gut instinct is telling me that's what it is.

I saw someone ask this in the previous page, but I didn’t see an answer, and I have the same problem: when I go to Angrim, he says that he can’t teach me, and that I should go to the temple of Dibella to get some training. So I went to the temple, got a quest to go have sex with Ainethach and get a mark from him, which I did, only Angrim still says the same thing. He does let me blow him for the magicka boost, however. Do you have to do the Heart of Dibella quest (vanilla quest to find the Sybil) in order to progress?

Edited by Muschi
10 hours ago, Muschi said:

I saw someone ask this in the previous page, but I didn’t see an answer, and I have the same problem: when I go to Angrim, he says that he can’t teach me, and that I should go to the temple of Dibella to get some training. So I went to the temple, got a quest to go have sex with Ainethach and get a mark from him, which I did, only Angrim still says the same thing. He does let me blow him for the magicka boost, however. Do you have to do the Heart of Dibella quest (vanilla quest to find the Sybil) in order to progress?

I'm pretty sure that answer is yes.  I think you need to be Champion.

7 hours ago, Marg597 said:

I'm pretty sure that answer is yes.  I think you need to be Champion.

I guess that would explain it. It’s weird; I remember seeing something saying interlinked vanilla quests were all optional, but I might have misread.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Muschi said:

I guess that would explain it. It’s weird; I remember seeing something saying interlinked vanilla quests were all optional, but I might have misread.

Thanks!

There's dibella and (spoiler tag in case you don't want to know but you may want to click on it anyway as it's tied with a vanilla quest you can do at the same time)

Spoiler

a book which sends you to a certain cave zone with ghost ladies that has a quest which is also a thieves guild side quest given by the bartender, but be careful with doing this one as it's 1 of the known "endings" Edit: actually it can send you there or if you are lower level a nord ruin Ranvigs Fast I think which also might be tied to a mage guild quest but maybe that's radiant

That's my recollection at the moment without digging through the previous 60 pages :)  but also if you get real stuck and don't mind getting spoiled, alot of answers in this thread.  I honestly haven't played this quest in the last 9 months or so.

Also you may find if he still doesn't talk to you to give it a little time, then go back.  Usually the way I do this mod is to just pretend I'm his lacky.  I go bother him from time to time to see what he'll teach me, and of course try and make him happy.

Edited by Marg597
On 1/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, Marg597 said:

You may have already figured this out since it's been 2 weeks, but try talking to farengar the wizard in whiterun and do his favor.  Also there's dialogue from belethor and Ysolda but I don't think it's required to hear it from them.  I honestly don't remember if that's required but my gut instinct is telling me that's what it is.

thank you. i did not figure out the exact tie in but i did get his first inter action after doing farengars quest. i had assumed it was tied to the drgon stone quest. now that i know its working im just doing some stuff and checking in when i pass whiterun. i do have one question, there arnt any tie ins to the dragonborn quest are there? i dont plan on doing it on this character.