Is there any known load order requirement with the Succubus race and Angrim's to get the abilities to show up? I've been messing around with things, and just tried to make another new Succubus character; as before, she didn't get any of the abilities the OP says she should have, even after a save and reload.

I haven't tried manually setting up the spells on a non-Succubus, but when I tried it on my previous Succubus char, it added the curse but not the Drink Magickal Essence.

I've got the Succubus Race somewhere in the middle of my load order, and Angrim at the end.  I've had a few weird results, if I go to the new character menu after having first loaded another save (e.g. I loaded a Succubus save first, and my new Nord had the AngrimPlayerIsSuccubus set - but didn't get the spell effects).  If weirdness persists, try looking in the Papyrus log for messages starting with '[Angrim]'.

A Succubus character doesn't start with the Drink Magical Essence spell in her spell list, but rather casts it automatically.  When she later learns it from Angrim, it is mostly redundant (though the hand-cast spell can be triggered by a wider range of acts).

Well, I already had Angrim's loading below the Succubus Race mod, so what I did was move Angrim's even further down my mod order, right towards the bottom. Still no go. 

I don't know if it has something to do with other mods I have installed, or what, but I have been frustrated quite a bit over the last few days with mods exhibiting odd behavior. This is not even the worst of it. :P

Hey!

I started a new game recently to further help SexLab's framework to finally work properly for me :P the 1.35 version.

Along with my usual set of SexLab plug-ins I decided to give this mod a go because it's looking pretty amazing :o but I've stumbled across a rather major problem...

- I completed the quest to kill the very first dragon and started the one to go see the Greybeards (that's as far as I went into the story/the game), and I decided (actually kinda forgot about the mod until just a few minutes ago <_<) it was a good time to start playing with this mod. I go up to the abandoned house and into the basement, and speak to the wizard. Immediately he demands a blowjob for a special spell he says, and just as the conversation ends, when the scene should trigger, my game crashes... in various ways so far; sometimes it's a sudden CTD, others the game freezes and I get a Runtime error thingy.

I have all the mod's dependencies properly installed (almost none of the optional ones though), and everything aside from this mod works perfectly, SexLab and its plug-ins included.

Should I make a papyrus log or has this issue popped in the past to the point you know I'm either doing something fundamentally wrong or there's a work-around for it?

Thanks in advance! I'm really excited to try this mod because well, it's new content :D that's always exciting \o/ Hope I can get it to work.

A papyrus log might help, though I've had very little luck with them for debugging actual crashes.  It sounds from the symptom as though it crashed when it should've played a SexLab animation.  But if such animations are working for you, in general, there's no reason why they should fail with just this mod.  You're not far enough along for Zaz animations or Devious Devices to enter the picture.

Nobody else has reported any crash in that part of the dialogue (nor any other, in recent weeks).

A papyrus log might help, though I've had very little luck with them for debugging actual crashes.  It sounds from the symptom as though it crashed when it should've played a SexLab animation.  But if such animations are working for you, in general, there's no reason why they should fail with just this mod.  You're not far enough along for Zaz animations or Devious Devices to enter the picture.

Nobody else has reported any crash in that part of the dialogue (nor any other, in recent weeks).

Oks, I'll enable the papyrus logging and go try that again  :) I'll be back with the report.

Here's the papyrus log: Papyrus.0.rar

I'll try looking at it as well on my end but I have absolutely no idea how to go about finding anything wrong in these. Just about every other line looks like alien language to me.

Edit: I loaded the save (an auto-save where I was already inside the basement). Waited around 1 minute to let things load in, and then went to talk to him. First chose the option to ask what was he doing down there, and then followed with the line if he could teach me magic. After that I chose to answer "Are you joking!" (or something like that), and then agreed to kneel.

That's exactly how things went down from loading the game to CTD.

I see a lot of things at the very bottom of the log under "Stack" this and "Stack" that, but can't tell if that's how it's supposed to look (I'd assume it isn't?) or not D:

Well, I don't know if it specifically relates to the CTD, but you have a TON of mods being called which are missing. That is going to screw things up and clog up Papyrus. Did you forget to load some stuff, or did you uninstall them after starting this save? Unfortunately, uninstalled mods can still get referenced by your savegame and create tons of problems.

It also kinda looks like Sexlab it freaking out there at the end looking for something, but I am not savvy enough to know what it's doing specifically (I'd say it can't find anyone to put into the animations, but that seems odd).

Nope, I set every mod I want and what not, and then started the game. The things that are missing are likely "compatibility" checks from mods, for example, say Convenient Horses will do a check if you have any of the mods it directly supports. It doesn't mean you need them, it's just checking if they are present. Lots of other mods do that as well I think. "Convenient Horses" is just an example :P

Edit: I just loaded the exact same save and instead of attempting to trigger the mod/quest/whatever, I went to have sex with Angrim through another SexLab plug-in, and the scene started, went through and ended without a hitch. It's somehow the way the scene is being triggered from Angrim (just assuming here, since normal sex with him works well like with just about any other plug-in or NPC).

Edit 2: At least this is happening at the very beginning lol. I can just avoid the whole thing until whatever's going on is solved D:

Yeah, that's a common trick for optional dependencies.  If only Papyrus provided some other way to check the existence of mods, that didn't result in spamming irrelevant errors!

No, the first interesting error is shortly after the "SexLab Animation Search" line.  Specifically:

[01/04/2014 - 01:01:12AM] ERROR: Cannot call HasForm() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SexLabQuestActorSlots (0E03CE6B)].sslactorlibrary.ValidateActor() - "sslActorLibrary.psc" Line 452
    [alias ThreadView014 on quest SexLabQuestThreadSlots (0E03CE6E)].sslthreadcontroller.AddActor() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line ?
    [SexLabQuestFramework (0E000D62)].sexlabframework.StartSex() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 103
    [AngrimApprenticeQuest (7C004E5F)].angrimapprenticequestscript.PerformAnim() - "AngrimApprenticeQuestScript.psc" Line 103
    [topic info 7C005E9C on quest AngrimApprenticeQuest (7C004E5F)].AngrimInitAct_0.Fragment_3() - "AngrimInitAct_0.psc" Line 12

That refers to this line in sslActorLibrary.psc (part of SexLab itself):

if ValidActorList.HasForm(a)

and it says that the internal property ValidActorList is 'None', i.e. uninitialized.  No idea how that could happen.

However, that isn't the last thing before the crash.  The last thing the game did was start another SexLab animation - only it isn't one that this mod ever uses (see the 2nd "SexLab Animation Search", for tag "leadin"?  I've no idea where that came from!).  Perhaps you have foreplay anims enabled (they're off by default, I think)?

I do see some related SexLab warnings earlier in the log, some of which lead me to believe that you've got a corrupt installation, with some disagreement between an ESP and the compiled scripts.   For example:

[01/04/2014 - 12:58:54AM] warning: Property Stats on script sslactorlibrary attached to SexLabQuestActorSlots (0E03CE6B) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[01/04/2014 - 12:58:54AM] warning: Property slots on script sslactorlibrary attached to SexLabQuestActorSlots (0E03CE6B) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

which indicates that the properties on SexLabQuestActorSlots weren't refreshed after the last time sslActorLibrary's properties were changed.  And also:

[01/04/2014 - 12:58:59AM] ERROR: Cannot call RemoveAddedForm() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [SexLabQuestConfiguration (0E03E3FA)].sslConfigMenu.OnGameReload() - "sslConfigMenu.psc" Line 51
    [alias PlayerAlias on quest SexLabQuestConfiguration (0E03E3FA)].SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.psc" Line 6

which is referencing the same property (ValidActorList) as the errors that preceded the crash.

To make a long story short, there's no indication (aside from the behavior) that you have a problem with this mod; it looks more like your SexLab installation is broken to begin with.  I would be looking for a mismatch between the date stamp on one or more of the SexLab files (SexLab.esm, SexLab*.pex, ssl*.pex) and the rest.

You might also try disabling foreplay (if it is enabled), since that seems to have been the last thing before the crash.  But there's evidence of a sick SexLab install from the start (that error in sslConfigMenu.OnGameReload), so that workaround probably won't help.

If this was an upgrade on top of an existing save, you might also try creating a new character (for test purposes), and simply try to start the quest clean.  Just create the character and the use the console command 'coc angrimslair' to go visit the wizard.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I checked my own logs, and with SexLab 1.35 I do not see any of those warnings relating to sslActorLibrary or the property ValidActorList.  Since the 'quests' in question reside in SexLab.esm, it strongly suggests that you do not in fact have the v1.35 ESM file installed and active.

That's so weird :/ Like I said in the post above yours, I even tried triggering a sex scene with the wizard and it fired just fine. Like... everything is working wonderfully so far, not even bad FPS lol (I know that has nothing to do with anything but just goes to say the game is working great).

I will try creating a new character and 'porting to his basement, however I'll try the foreplay thing first.

Thanks for the help :) and no need to apologize, I don't have to imagine how hard would it be to diagnose someone else's problems with a game when I can't even understand half what that log is showing lol, and it's -my own- xD

In any case, it's just saddening that I won't be able to play with the new content, so I hope creating a new character has some effect.

P.S.: This was a fresh new start/game. No updates/upgrades happened; I got every mod and plug-in I wanted in, sorted things around, and started a new game.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that my SexLab copy used to be 1.31? and I used the "update" file from the downloads section (from 1.30+ to 1.35). Perhaps if I would have updated my SexLab to '32, '33 and 34 as they came out like most people I would have a more stable framework? I don't know just shooting blanks lol. Then again, everything else works -.- We'll see! Thanks again!

Okay... so... here's something awkward...

When you mentioned something about SexLab starting "another" animation... as soon as I was done posting my reply I went to test your suggestions, only I wanted to test something first... dismiss my follower <_< I had a follower with me (Sven, the bard from Riverwood) this entire time with me, and I did not mention it because it didn't even cross my mind he could be messing things up.

Alas, when I dismissed him, I went back into the basement and followed exactly every choice I made before, not changing one answer, and voila o.o sex started, and I even asked him if he needed something from town and brought him an item from a shop... so by all means, the mod is now working great lol D:

Could you try it in your game? see if taking a follower would cause anything like that? At the very least, if anyone else ever has the same kind of problem, It could help them lol

Sorry for having wasted your time, I'm still feeling a little awkward that the solution was so simple yet out there ridiculous...

Anyway, I'm excited again :D time to play with the new content \o/

@monababii:  I would still check your log for those errors and warnings from sslActorLibrary.psc; even if they are no longer causing visible symptoms in your game, they point to a potentially serious problem.  Best to fix it before you get too deep into the game.

One difference between your setup and my own is that I installed the full SexLab 1.35 download, not the upgrade patch.  I will test what happens with a follower when I get a chance (I usually run solo, so it wouldn't come up in testing).  But chances are, that would involve yet another mod interaction - this mod doesn't attempt to bring followers into the act, so something else would have to trigger Sven.

@Gravemind218: That sounds vaguely familiar from earlier versions of SexLab, but nothing recent.  What version do you have installed?  In any case, it is likely to be a SexLab issue, not something specific to this mod.  Without any useful details (versions, error messages, etc.) there's not a lot anyone can do to help.

@monababii:  I would still check your log for those errors and warnings from sslActorLibrary.psc; even if they are no longer causing visible symptoms in your game, they point to a potentially serious problem.  Best to fix it before you get too deep into the game.

One difference between your setup and my own is that I installed the full SexLab 1.35 download, not the upgrade patch.  I will test what happens with a follower when I get a chance (I usually run solo, so it wouldn't come up in testing).  But chances are, that would involve yet another mod interaction - this mod doesn't attempt to bring followers into the act, so something else would have to trigger Sven.

Are you using any other plug-ins aside from your own mod? asking because maybe the extra lines are just things floating about from other plug-ins I'm using, and I say just floating because lol... like I said everything works flawlessly, your mod included now :P

I'm using SL Aroused, Lovers Comfort, Lovers Victim, SL Submit, Sanguine's Debauchery, Working Girl (the latest that works with all followers), TDF Prostitution, SL Romance, SL Enchantress, SL Guild, and then little patches for a few of them, for example SD+ for Sanguine's Debauchery, the patch to have Devious Devices and Submit work together, Nude Creatures, Warm Bodies for Frostfall, SexLab Sound replacer, and I may be forgetting something lol... (also using the optional Xaz Prison Overhaul, love that mod to death).

I probably shouldn't be using a few of these at this point lol but I'm an addict of running everything I can :P

Either way, I appreciate both the work and the time you've spent in the mod and with me :) What I'm going to do next is -without a follower- enable papyrus the next time Angrim triggers a sex scene with my character, and see if those floating lines were all from the same root.

@Gravemind218: That sounds vaguely familiar from earlier versions of SexLab, but nothing recent.  What version do you have installed?  In any case, it is likely to be a SexLab issue, not something specific to this mod.  Without any useful details (versions, error messages, etc.) there's not a lot anyone can do to help.

I think it may have to be the issue of upgrading the required mods in the middle of the quest. I started from a way earlier save and am going to try it again. 

Edit: Earlier save is not working either, Im now able to equip the gags and bondage effects but as soon as the sex scene is done i cant talk to Angrim anymore. it says i can press the A button (using controller) to talk to him but no dialogue appears. I will keep this newest save just in case, otherwise gotta start from the beginning again

Are you using any other plug-ins aside from your own mod? asking because maybe the extra lines are just things floating about from other plug-ins I'm using, and I say just floating because lol... like I said everything works flawlessly, your mod included now :P

Those warnings are from SexLab itself, indicating that the ESM and the compiled scripts do not entirely agree.  Like I said, installing the full 1.35 version, I do not see those warnings. 

If you're well into a game, and don't want to risk breakage (and no longer seeing any visible symptoms from those log messages) that's fine.  But if you're just starting a character, I would strongly advise re-installing SexLab (the full version, not a patch), to reduce the risk of discovering a fatal bug somewhere down the road.

Hmm. Right now I'm at the point where I just took a trip to Markarth and did the quest for the Sybil and what not, giving me the Dibella Agent passive or whatever that's called. Now I return to Angrim (as he was the one who suggested me going there in the first place) but I don't see the "How about that spell now?" line (or whatever that line is :P). Maybe it has something to do that, the first time I got the mod working (after the follower fiasco) and I spoke to him about the magic/spell, the sex scene triggered, and he told me not to take it the wrong way but I still had much to learn. However along that line I could also ask him something among the lines of "Can I recharge that spell? I must admit it was useful...". As I chose that option, he told me to strip and we got it on, and then carried on, he was still refusing to teach me the new spell.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for coming back here with issues lol D:

P.S.: Let me know if you want a papyrus log of something. Reason I'm not posting one right now is because I don't think you'll be able to see much from it, as it's not a matter of something happening or not happening when I choose a dialog line, but the line is just not there altogether.

No problem, the first few stages of Angrim's dialogue can and do repeat sometimes (randomly).  As the OP says, the side quests are optional; the main quest dialogue can progress without them.  (Having done the Dibella quest does alter some later dialogue, and is required for the 3rd ending).

So if the quest is still in stage 10-30, just keep talking to him periodically.  It will advance.  He won't actually agree to teach anything until stage 40 ('sqv angrimapprenticequest', if you want to check progress under the covers).

Oh okay, phew. I thought I messed something up. Sorry lol this mod works in a very unpredictable way; from Angrim's interactions to how the quests work with no log at all... mind you though, I'm liking the mod so far :P though to be fair I haven't really seen much xD just read about it while trying to look for help on my own lol (help that I didn't need in the end apparently :P)

... And thanks for the console command! I'm doing everything I can as legitimately as possible, I'm not even using fast travel at all in this game, but using Touring Carriages instead if I really can't be bothered to ride somewhere, but that command seems like it's going to be extremely useful :D

One question however... when you say Talk to him periodically. It will advance... How exactly -does- it advance? Do I need to progress the main storyline in the game? or just go do whatever in Skyrim and wait a few days or? I'm not trying to make the mod go easier on me, I'm just trying to understand what it's asking of me xD

Thanks again!

Basically, Angrm's main quest is all dialogue (and sex, and toys).  The intent is that you go about your adventuring career, periodically stopping by to get Angrim to renew the spell (a valuable buff for fledgling mages).  After a few such visits, he will agree to actually take you as an apprentice (and start actually teaching).  I realize this type of interaction is not typical of Skyrim quest mods, so a bit of uncertainty is not surprising.

There are radiant side-quests for certain spells that he won't teach (read some of the books he's got lying around), and optional effects from certain vanilla game quests (e.g. Dibella's).

You could, in theory, do the entirety of Angrim's main quest without leaving his basement at all.  That would be silly, but it is possible (at least if you have enough magicka to cast the basic spells).  There are a few instances where some time needs to pass (notably late in the quest, when he wants to let frustrated lust wear you out).