I've recently gotten into papyrus + scripting, and have been digging around in various mods to see how things work.  I have a few pretty simple concepts I want to work on, and I have a good idea of how they should work, but being new to papyrus, I don't know quite how to get there if that makes sense.  Some of the functionality of your mod is nearly identical to what I aim to make, do you mind if I pm some questions about some of the scripts?  

Side note:  I tried using Base Object Swapper to add some tentacle traps at random wild plants but not sure if it worked right. Would just putting the activator MHK_TentacleTrap (xx1A56C5) just anywhere work, or is there something else that needs to be done to enable that?  

2 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

I made edits for the bodymorph for use with TWB,  About to start a new game to see how it works out

templates.ini 1.38 kB · 0 downloads

Cool! If you decide you like the way it looks, I can leave myself a reminder to include it in the next release (just need to make sure I get TWB's plugin name right in the FOMOD config to reduce the risk of clueless user mishaps).

27 minutes ago, sullysam said:

I've recently gotten into papyrus + scripting, and have been digging around in various mods to see how things work.  I have a few pretty simple concepts I want to work on, and I have a good idea of how they should work, but being new to papyrus, I don't know quite how to get there if that makes sense.  Some of the functionality of your mod is nearly identical to what I aim to make, do you mind if I pm some questions about some of the scripts?

I try to limit/avoid giving technical help in private as much as possible, because if it occurs in public then that increases the number of others who can also learn from it and provides a record anyone can refer back to later as well. That said, I'm happy to answer questions about the scripts from MHK in this support topic, or over in the CK Help Thread (I ask my own fair share of questions in there as well).

27 minutes ago, sullysam said:

Side note:  I tried using Base Object Swapper to add some tentacle traps at random wild plants but not sure if it worked right. Would just putting the activator MHK_TentacleTrap (xx1A56C5) just anywhere work, or is there something else that needs to be done to enable that? 

Just to be up front, I consider myself pretty wet behind the ears with making FO4 mods, the CK and Papyrus. While I don't mind folks looking at my script sources (I include them in the mod for that very reason) or even copying whole scripts and making new mods from them, please don't get the idea that what's there is a shining example of efficiency, stability, or clarity. I do try to add code comments where I think they're warranted, as much as a reminder to myself about why I did something, but not everything is well-commented. Also this mod represents over a year of off-and-on development work so far, and as a result some of the scripts it includes were mostly conceived and written when I was just getting started, so the degree of competence displayed will vary widely between my older and newer scripts (at least I certainly hope that's the case!).

Anyway, my opinion on the tentacle trap: yes you could spawn that form anywhere and it should "just work" (there are three in the cavern complex at the moment and they're all identical aside from having manually scaled each ref to fill a corridor or passageway of varying sizes. Trigger box references allow for dynamic x/y/z scaling in the CK, but if you use a script to place them then I'm not aware of a good way to go about that. You can use the SetScale function, but it only supports proportional scaling (a single float to indicate how large or small overall you want that ref).

Also, that trap benefits from the fact that I only used it in an interior cell that the player will eventually leave (and hopefully revisit), giving it the opportunity for the game engine to garbage-collect any mess it might leave behind. It may work similarly well outdoors, but I haven't tested that. At the very least, you should probably make certain that you don't place multiple overlapping trigger boxes, I'm not really sure what the result would be if the player entered one while already inside another, but the result might be disastrous.

Instead of placing things with BOS, you might want to read up about how random encounters work. You could create a scene or travel encounter which just places one of those triggers at the center marker and scales it way up so the player is likely to walk into it. Maybe also place something tempting in the center to lure the player in... or it could work well as a chokepoint encounter without needing any sort of lure, as long as it's large enough to span the area the player is going to need to traverse.

Edited by vaultbait
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Anyway, my opinion on the tentacle trap: yes you could spawn that form anywhere and it should "just work" (there are three in the cavern complex at the moment and they're all identical aside from having manually scaled each ref to fill a corridor or passageway of varying sizes. Trigger box references allow for dynamic x/y/z scaling in the CK, but if you use a script to place them then I'm not aware of a good way to go about that. You can use the SetScale function, but it only supports proportional scaling (a single float to indicate how large or small overall you want that ref).

I was mainly using BOS because of the unpredictability of it, but admittedly wasn't really considering the repercussions of having potentially 3 overlapping that got entered at around the same time. I couldn't get that to work anyway.  Even with "14.placeatme XXXXXXXX (whatever the ID for MHK_TentacleTrap is)" I couldn't get a tentacle trap to fire.  Do you have to be at a certain stage of the quest for that to work properly?  They do work fine in the cavern it seems, maybe BOS cant place activators properly or something.

I'm going to look at what all I need for the scripts I'm looking to make and get back to you on that.  I know one of them was an aid item similar to the "vajuvenate", but on use it would first check if you had pants on via SAKR keywords, if so, play an animation of taking them off, and after that play an animation of the player applying it. 

A few of the things I'm working on depend on knowing what armor has SAKR keywords on it and being able to act on that efficiently.  I don't think SAKR keeps track of anything besides your actual skimpy rating for top and bottom, at least in any way that can be quickly accessed by another mod.  Actually, the main thing I wanted to make is a super-lightweight Combat Strip mod that operates on what armor has certain keywords on it instead of having to pre-define slots.  SAKR keywords would be on the whitelist, could also add a blacklist of keywords, but for efficiency and speed's sake, I think it's better to just keep track of what armor is strippable so that it doesn't have to do much during combat.  But I'm not sure how to even store or track that information lol, I just know it'd be best if it decided what was vs. wasn't strippable when you equipped it instead of deciding that when the player gets hit.

25 minutes ago, sullysam said:

I was mainly using BOS because of the unpredictability of it, but admittedly wasn't really considering the repercussions of having potentially 3 overlapping that got entered at around the same time. I couldn't get that to work anyway.  Even with "14.placeatme XXXXXXXX (whatever the ID for MHK_TentacleTrap is)" I couldn't get a tentacle trap to fire.  Do you have to be at a certain stage of the quest for that to work properly?  They do work fine in the cavern it seems, maybe BOS cant place activators properly or something.

Yeah, I've really never tried dynamically placing a triggerbox from the console or via Papyrus, so I don't actually know whether that works. It might be that you need to create a quest with an alias and then set that alias to create a new reference from the trigger box's form (that's how you'd likely do it if you set it up as a random encounter anyway, since those typically work by creating quest aliases).

28 minutes ago, sullysam said:

I'm going to look at what all I need for the scripts I'm looking to make and get back to you on that.  I know one of them was an aid item similar to the "vajuvenate", but on use it would first check if you had pants on via SAKR keywords, if so, play an animation of taking them off, and after that play an animation of the player applying it. 

If you specifically want to check whether the player's wearing pants, have a look at how Provocative Perks checks them for its USB Type-V perk.

Out of curiosity, which animation were you going to use? Is there one in the game already? If so, I'd probably use it for the lubricant pump/numbing gel activator, but I had looked previously and not turned up much (granted I probably didn't look all that hard).

30 minutes ago, sullysam said:

A few of the things I'm working on depend on knowing what armor has SAKR keywords on it and being able to act on that efficiently.  I don't think SAKR keeps track of anything besides your actual skimpy rating for top and bottom, at least in any way that can be quickly accessed by another mod.  Actually, the main thing I wanted to make is a super-lightweight Combat Strip mod that operates on what armor has certain keywords on it instead of having to pre-define slots.  SAKR keywords would be on the whitelist, could also add a blacklist of keywords, but for efficiency and speed's sake, I think it's better to just keep track of what armor is strippable so that it doesn't have to do much during combat.  But I'm not sure how to even store or track that information lol, I just know it'd be best if it decided what was vs. wasn't strippable when you equipped it instead of deciding that when the player gets hit.

SAKR does track more than just skimpiness ratings, but the only real API is to check for the presence of its keywords (like in the Provocative Perks example). You should be able to use that to, for example, identify all worn items that are SAKR-keyworded to indicate that they cover a particular part of the body.

21 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Out of curiosity, which animation were you going to use? Is there one in the game already? If so, I'd probably use it for the lubricant pump/numbing gel activator, but I had looked previously and not turned up much (granted I probably didn't look all that hard).

It's actually from a port of GSPoses I found on discord, one of them looks like a "taking pants off" animation, I could be wrong.  It would probably look better if it were sped up as well.  I'll send you a link when I can find it.

As far as the application, I was probably one from Daily Life of Hookers or something like that.  

edit:  it's GS164.  I use SAM to play them but it should work for console too.  I am going to look for better alternatives or ways to speed that up.

GSPosesFO4_0.1.zip

Edited by sullysam
Attached file
On 6/11/2023 at 9:51 AM, vaultbait said:

I can add a toggle in MCM. In the meantime, you should be able to do this in the console to reset it:

Are you still planing to add a toggle that disables the size queen perks effect on sex attribute arousal during normal sex?

Thanks for the update.

8 hours ago, RenFL2 said:

Are you still planing to add a toggle that disables the size queen perks effect on sex attribute arousal during normal sex?

Thanks for the update.

Yes, sorry that slipped off my to do list but I'll work on that for the next update.

26 minutes ago, avikingman@gmail.com said:

Is it part of the mod to have the high radiation once you start in the mutie pits? if so, do you need to seek a safe area?

There should only be environmental radiation in the hallway leading to the exits, and in Colostrum Cave (through a load door past the columns).

Perhaps you're using a mod that changes the effect radius of radiation hazards throughout the game? If so, I might be able to implement a workaround by not using standard ones, not sure if that would help...

13 minutes ago, kazeha9 said:

soo tentacle costume its part of mod now? )

No, it's part of Devious Devices RC8 (the meshes were present in DD 2.0 as well but it wasn't plumbed through the plugin so couldn't be worn until RC8 added support for it).

14 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

No, it's part of Devious Devices RC8 (the meshes were present in DD 2.0 as well but it wasn't plumbed through the plugin so couldn't be worn until RC8 added support for it).

i mean this equp after tentacle  rape PC in cave ) i knpw suit was in RC but it seem like you made this event )

24 minutes ago, kazeha9 said:

i mean this equp after tentacle  rape PC in cave ) i knpw suit was in RC but it seem like you made this event )

It's been a possible effect of sex with tentacles since 0.9.0, there's a random 25% chance per tentacle in the scene so maybe you just didn't get lucky previously. It will only trigger if there's not already something worn in biped slot 33 (slot index 3) during the scene, so if you have something like a DD restrictive corset locked on or you set Rogg's No-Strip Items Manager to not remove a pair of high heels during scenes or whatever, then it won't happen (in order to avoid conflicts).

25 minutes ago, LatencyRemix said:

If you'd like i can send you some screenshots of how it looks on TWB and see if it matched you version for FG slider's

Feel free to just reply with them here (but please stick them in a spoiler if you do, especially if there are a lot).

I would like to test out those breeding patrols.

Is there a way to trigger them directly?

Edit:  I found the breeding patrol.

A group of Super Mutants appears and some comments appears on screen.

Nothing else happened. Maybe I messed something up with the settings.

Same issue with the lone naked Mutant.

I tried talking with them but they just tell me to go away.

Edited by ZI0MATRIX

So I never got round to starting Milking Human Kindness in my current game; While trying to fix a long standing problem I had, I figured I could update and add a few more mods before starting a new game. Seeing that you mention TSEX on the soft dependencies/requirements and in previous posts, is there much of a difference to Hardship:BeggarWhore, and would MHK register Hardship or does it have to TSEX specifically.   

4 hours ago, Evelynith said:

So I never got round to starting Milking Human Kindness in my current game; While trying to fix a long standing problem I had, I figured I could update and add a few more mods before starting a new game. Seeing that you mention TSEX on the soft dependencies/requirements and in previous posts, is there much of a difference to Hardship:BeggarWhore, and would MHK register Hardship or does it have to TSEX specifically.   

i do not know how much difference there is between the different hardship/beggar whore.

however i do know on 0.90 (haven't played the new update yet as i am in Commonwealth Slavers right now) that MHK does register AAF Hardship.

12 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

i do not know how much difference there is between the different hardship/beggar whore.

however i do know on 0.90 (haven't played the new update yet as i am in Commonwealth Slavers right now) that MHK does register AAF Hardship.

Awesome, thank you for that confirmation. I had planned to disable Hardship before starting the new game, and after getting out of the vault I was going to make a save before installing TSEX, as I wanted to try both versions. As far as I can tell from reading the mod description TSEX has all the same features as Hardship as well as the more added features added by the mod.

10 hours ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

I would like to test out those breeding patrols.

Is there a way to trigger them directly?

Edit:  I found the breeding patrol.

A group of Super Mutants appears and some comments appears on screen.

Nothing else happened. Maybe I messed something up with the settings.

Same issue with the lone naked Mutant.

I tried talking with them but they just tell me to go away.

Right now the "breeding patrols" are just various sized groups of super mutants and kin who have a chance to spawn at the game's general random encounter points (specifically the ones for assault, camp, chokepoint, scene, or travel type encounters), with packages to guard their spawn location or start following you around a little if you get close. The stalkers are also normal super mutants, albeit naked/unarmed and with a custom name, that will track and follow you for a while (duration depends on the same factors as their odds of occurring, so the higher your chance the longer they stalk you too).

As typical NPCs, they'll either be hostile or friendly to you based on the same rules as other super mutants. If you have super mutants as allowed approachers in Harassment (either explicitly or via MHK's sync feature) then they can approach you similar to other super mutants.

Right now there's a fairly low chance of either appearing, but for 0.9.3 I'm replacing the breeding patrols on/off toggle in MCM with separate sliders to allow you to independently increase the frequency of patrols and stalkers if they're not happening enough for your liking (or to make it easier to test those features).

8 hours ago, Evelynith said:

The integration is specifically for TSEX (which is a sex modding framework). Mostly MHK integrates with TSEX's painslut feature, but also it's utilized for interactive masturbation when waking up in certain beds in the main location in MHK.

There is a newer version of Hardship made for use with the TSEX framework, which is also quite nice. Not all of the planned features for it were completed, but it still has basic feature parity with the original Hardship mod.

8 hours ago, valcon767 said:

I'm not sure what this means, but MHK doesn't use anything in Hardship directly (you can still use the two mods in the same playthrough without conflict of course).

8 hours ago, Evelynith said:

Awesome, thank you for that confirmation. I had planned to disable Hardship before starting the new game, and after getting out of the vault I was going to make a save before installing TSEX, as I wanted to try both versions. As far as I can tell from reading the mod description TSEX has all the same features as Hardship as well as the more added features added by the mod.

Technically TSEX and TSEX Hardship are separate mods which just happen to be written by the same authors and are downloaded from the same page. The first is a framework mod, the second is a gameplay mod which uses that framework. You can install TSEX by itself, but installing TSEX Hardship (the version of Hardship made for the TSEX framework) together with it is what I and most others do.