2 hours ago, someonenew333 said:

how can i remove the tentacle parasite?  stuggle doesnt work, cutting doesnt work and even though i have the ingredients to make the cream it always says that i dont.  

That's definitely odd. Devious Devices (RC8) is what handles the parasite and its removal, all MHK does is ask DD to put one on you. I did make sure to add enough ingredients around the cavern (mainly in the vicinity of the hospital basement) for several doses. I'll try to test it again today, but I hadn't observed any problems with it previously.

10 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Technically TSEX and TSEX Hardship are separate mods which just happen to be written by the same authors and are downloaded from the same page. The first is a framework mod, the second is a gameplay mod which uses that framework. You can install TSEX by itself, but installing TSEX Hardship (the version of Hardship made for the TSEX framework) together with it is what I and most others do.

Thanks for the clarification, I have used the 1.6 version of Hardship in my previous games and just installed the TSEX/Hardship version now to do a trail run of MHK.

25 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

That's definitely odd. Devious Devices (RC8) is what handles the parasite and its removal, all MHK does is ask DD to put one on you. I did make sure to add enough ingredients around the cavern (mainly in the vicinity of the hospital basement) for several doses. I'll try to test it again today, but I hadn't observed any problems with it previously.

like i said,  i have more than enough of all the ingredients.   is there a console command to remove it and its magic effects?  or am i just going to have to trash this save and start a new game?

12 minutes ago, someonenew333 said:

like i said,  i have more than enough of all the ingredients.   is there a console command to remove it and its magic effects?  or am i just going to have to trash this save and start a new game?

I can dig into DD's scripts later today or tomorrow and see if it's safe to just player.removeitem it, but keep in mind that MHK is still very much in beta and strongly recommends in multiple places that you not get too attached to any saves you're testing it with.

28 minutes ago, someonenew333 said:

Not sure how much I can help but do you have the DD  bench unlocker mod installed? Another trick I have used to help unstick items is use the console to unequip the item, you might then have to re-equip the item to make sure the scripts are enabled and then try unlock it the normal way. (Worked for me in Skyrim, not sure how well it will work in FO4).

In regards to the console commands if you type  "Prid 14" to select your self and then type "showinventory" that will list everything you are carrying as well as the formID, next type

"14.unequipitem (xxformid)" xxformid being the number that is showen for the worn item. It helps if you put everything you can into a container so the shown list is small and easy to find.

Edit:Quick example in spoiler. Just be aware unequiping this way will not remove the DD locked scripts which is why you may need to try to re-equip then  re-unlock.

Spoiler

20230725024937_1.jpg.f42b4e35edbd3533d1c657bf1eecdafd.jpg20230725024838_1.jpg.1199c678f56aaaea340afb6cbce705e1.jpg

Edited by Evelynith
5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I can dig into DD's scripts later today or tomorrow and see if it's safe to just player.removeitem it, but keep in mind that MHK is still very much in beta and strongly recommends in multiple places that you not get too attached to any saves you're testing it with.

i can live with it for now so ill keep playing this save.   i'll just keep trying struggle and hope i get lucky.

5 hours ago, Evelynith said:

Not sure how much I can help but do you have the DD  bench unlocker mod installed? Another trick I have used to help unstick items is use the console to unequip the item, you might then have to re-equip the item to make sure the scripts are enabled and then try unlock it the normal way. (Worked for me in Skyrim, not sure how well it will work in FO4).

In regards to the console commands if you type  "Prid 14" to select your self and then type "showinventory" that will list everything you are carrying as well as the formID, next type

"14.unequipitem (xxformid)" xxformid being the number that is showen for the worn item. It helps if you put everything you can into a container so the shown list is small and easy to find.

Edit:Quick example in spoiler. Just be aware unequiping this way will not remove the DD locked scripts which is why you may need to try to re-equip then  re-unlock.

Reveal hidden contents

20230725024937_1.jpg.f42b4e35edbd3533d1c657bf1eecdafd.jpg20230725024838_1.jpg.1199c678f56aaaea340afb6cbce705e1.jpg

DD unlocker doesnt recognize the tentacle so it doesnt work on it. 

tried what you suggested but it didnt work.   it just triggers the tentacles unequip script same as when i click on it in inventory.  thanks anyway though.

Edited by someonenew333
5 minutes ago, someonenew333 said:

i can live with it for now so ill keep playing this save.   i'll just keep trying struggle and hope i get lucky.

DD unlocker does recognize the tentacle so it does work on it. 

tried what you suggested but it didnt work.   it just triggers the tentacles unequip script same as when i click on it in inventory.  thanks anyway though.

Have you looked into the DD mcm settings and adjusted the difficulty slider to 0, to help with struggling out faster.

There is also the "14.removeitem (xxformid)" command which will remove/delete it from your inventory (still wont remove any associated scripts unfortunately) 

17 minutes ago, Evelynith said:

Have you looked into the DD mcm settings and adjusted the difficulty slider to 0, to help with struggling out faster.

There is also the "14.removeitem (xxformid)" command which will remove/delete it from your inventory (still wont remove any associated scripts unfortunately) 

yeah... set slider to 0 but still no luck.   ill keep trying stuggle.. bound to get lucky eventually.

removeitem does the same thing as your other suggestion.  just triggers the tentacle script so it reattaches and give the pop up with the struggle options.

1 hour ago, someonenew333 said:

yeah... set slider to 0 but still no luck.   ill keep trying stuggle.. bound to get lucky eventually.

removeitem does the same thing as your other suggestion.  just triggers the tentacle script so it reattaches and give the pop up with the struggle options.

I struggled with making the ointment quite a bit as well.  Did you have the raw components for the ointment in your inventory, or just enough junk with the necessary raw components?  I found that the item does not automatically break things down like a workbench does and that you have to first break everything down manually, then have the raw components in your inventory or it would not create the ointment. 

3 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

I struggled with making the ointment quite a bit as well.  Did you have the raw components for the ointment in your inventory, or just enough junk with the necessary raw components?  I found that the item does not automatically break things down like a workbench does and that you have to first break everything down manually, then have the raw components in your inventory or it would not create the ointment. 

yeah... that was it.  i guess i am so used to the way workbenches work i didnt even think to break them down into raw components. 

1 hour ago, someonenew333 said:

yeah... that was it.  i guess i am so used to the way workbenches work i didnt even think to break them down into raw components. 

Glad to know that solved your problem.

Might be worth putting into the FAP's, as I doubt any other mod really makes use of the parasite.  It might help some one else down the road.

46 minutes ago, mercplatypus said:

Glad to know that solved your problem.

Might be worth putting into the FAP's, as I doubt any other mod really makes use of the parasite.  It might help some one else down the road.

Yep, the underlying problem is that the script in DD naively looks for the corresponding "scrap" MiscObject forms instead of actual Component forms (there's a different set of Papyrus functions for that). I'll stick a note in known bugs for now and make sure to add plenty of actual scrap as well as post a patch in the DD support topic to improve this in the next DD community version.

Thanks for tracking it down!

Here is them pictures of how the Milk Dispenser, Fat Cow an FatPig look with the edit for TWB.

On a side note i had a play around editing the MHK ESP trying to put the breeder virus in ( i nenver did get to try 9.0 with it) I did it probably the wrong way, but the quick and dirty way.  I just added FPE as a master and added the MGEF for the breeder virus to the Contraceptives (this one didnt work) and Atom's Milk pool (This one did give the virus)  The infinite injector bug i think was part of FPE's script a while back, It would happen with the injector when used in 3rd person view or used as a favoirited item.

While i was in there diggin thru files i saw some cool toys in Wasteland Dairy, but to add them i dont know how.  There from the injector chair furnitures and i dont know how to make them work on the food or milker dispenser.  

Two shiney toys are in QASMOKE from wasteland dairy,  one gives permenant lactation, the other gives permenant fertility

Spoiler

20230724095519_1.jpg.e78d33ef0dc7851632eeaf61c73268c0.jpg20230724095517_1.jpg.979704a5cb25ae071a8282389f34d4fd.jpg20230724095500_1.jpg.2dc091d7c9dcdc7dc02f37759cee650a.jpg

2 hours ago, LatencyRemix said:

Here is them pictures of how the Milk Dispenser, Fat Cow an FatPig look with the edit for TWB.

Wow... very nice but a bit on the unbelievable scale. Here's what the included FG versions look like... Milk Dispenser is standing to the left in this shot:

Spoiler

fresh.jpg.cbe4ad31417a2508ae380e09fac719

Fat Cow is bending over looking at the newspaper in the top of this collage (I don't have a clearer capture uploaded for her at the moment so it's hard to see her proportions):

Spoiler

lore.jpg.8eaea02b97646d96f339c371200c613

And Fuck Pig is the one looking over her shoulder as she walks away in the bottom right picture here:

Spoiler

sex.jpg.97ec1b1fd3b2dd6695d934c27ca214bd

While their shapes are relatively extreme by natural standards, I tried to keep them biologically possible and avoided getting too cartoonish. The basic body archetypes I use for them are:

• Baby Factory: barely pudgy and with a slightly increased belly size
  • Cock Drain: fairly skinny but with a bit of a pot belly (like she's had a lot to drink)
  • Cum Dumpster: fat-ish, mainly wide hips, big ass and thick thighs
  • Fat Cow: "realistic" SSBBW, realistically large and saggy udders appropriate to her weight
  • Fuck Pig: fat/BBW but with very small tits/flat chest (surprisingly tough with FG's sliders)
  • Milk Dispenser: a bit of thickness, but mainly a pendulous set of engorged breasts
  • Thirsty Urinal: very skinny/emaciated, like they're intentionally starving her

There's a bit of an underlying theme. The breeders who have caved to pressure are given increasing amounts of autonomy and are also quite a bit heavier. The more restrained or punished breeders are at varying stages of being broken in and aren't showing signs of long-term exposure to the "refreshments" provided. Note that I don't give any of them pregnant bellies so as not to interfere with FPE, it will take care of pregnancy-related morphs if users have it installed.

On a side note i had a play around editing the MHK ESP trying to put the breeder virus in ( i nenver did get to try 9.0 with it) I did it probably the wrong way, but the quick and dirty way.  I just added FPE as a master and added the MGEF for the breeder virus to the Contraceptives (this one didnt work) and Atom's Milk pool (This one did give the virus)  The infinite injector bug i think was part of FPE's script a while back, It would happen with the injector when used in 3rd person view or used as a favoirited item.

Here's the version of the script I used in 0.9.0 (removed breeder virus application in 0.9.1 because it was causing the aforementioned "perpetual squatting" problem). it was simply attached to the activator:

MHK_FPER_BreederVirus.psc

While i was in there diggin thru files i saw some cool toys in Wasteland Dairy, but to add them i dont know how.  There from the injector chair furnitures and i dont know how to make them work on the food or milker dispenser.  

Two shiney toys are in QASMOKE from wasteland dairy,  one gives permenant lactation, the other gives permenant fertility

If you're using FPER/WDF then presumably you've spotted the magazines in the rack by the cigarette machine. I switched back to basic FPE a while ago so haven't had a chance to make sure they're still showing up. I'm open to other integrations for it, as long as they fit with the overall theme and aren't bug-riddled. Unfortunately the last few versions of FPER have been significantly buggy (part of why I'm no longer using it), so I'd prefer to avoid pointing users to half-features until it (hopefully) gets into better shape. Once the serious breaking bugs in it are ironed out I'll feel a lot more comfortable about new tie-ins (and maybe even switching back to it myself).

Edit: Also, you mentioned the chairs, 0.9.3 has a custom injector chair I'm adding, to satisfy the folks who say Mommy-O doses are too hard to come by. It will inject you any time you sit in it, but you'll have to repair it first (I'm working on the repair mini-quest for that right now). The idea is that the basement area there was (before the war) the maintenance workshop for Medford Memorial Hospital's obstetrics wing (which has become overrun by super mutants now). The broken chair in it was awaiting repair before the bombs dropped, but there were still other working ones upstairs (currently inaccessible through the barred door). Adding more injector/extractor chairs and switching some of them to the variants from FPER/WDF might make sense once I add the location for the old obstetrics wing and open up access, but that's not planned until after the 1.0.0 release.

Edited by vaultbait
59 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

presumably you've spotted the magazines in the rack

I did saw these and picked them up the first time with 9.1 but they were just books and didnt have associated perks to go along with them

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

switched back to basic FPE a while ago

This could be a reason for something i just noticed on my new game (after using the chairs to get permanent fertile/lacttion efect)  all the while in the breeding pit for maybe an hour real time there was no pregnancy,  I use wasteland dairy and family planing enchaned redux 

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

bit on the unbelievable scale

Yeee, you should see the rest of the world :P

On a total side note for Unhealth Craving and how you used robco pather for adding "MHK_DetachGel and MHK_PheromoneEffect to UC_FatGainEffects"  Is it possible to add UC_FatGainEffects to a perk? Im not asking for you to make it in the mod, it was just something i want to try for my own game but havent got to figureing it out yet

1 hour ago, LatencyRemix said:

I did saw these and picked them up the first time with 9.1 but they were just books and didnt have associated perks to go along with them

You're talking about the magazine rack to the right of the cigarette machine in the top picture here, yeah?

Spoiler

amenities.jpg.1d321f5feb26c7c49df76f8b5e

If you have the INVB_WastelandDairy.esp plugin enabled (from installing WDF), that magazine rack should be prepopulated with 5 of the perk magazines from it when you first arrive, mainly the pregnancy-related ones. When I originally tested, picking them up from the rack gave me the corresponding perks.

This could be a reason for something i just noticed on my new game (after using the chairs to get permanent fertile/lacttion efect)  all the while in the breeding pit for maybe an hour real time there was no pregnancy,  I use wasteland dairy and family planing enchaned redux 

Yes, there have been numerous reports in the FPER support topic about pregnancies after the first one not working in v4, basically the past year or so. I had a similar experience, which made continued testing with it problematic.

On a total side note for Unhealth Craving and how you used robco pather for adding "MHK_DetachGel and MHK_PheromoneEffect to UC_FatGainEffects"  Is it possible to add UC_FatGainEffects to a perk? Im not asking for you to make it in the mod, it was just something i want to try for my own game but havent got to figureing it out yet

Sorry, forgot to answer this part. If you're simply adjusting it for your own playstyle, it's probably far easier to just edit the Data\UC\FatGainPerks.txt file that comes with Unhealthy Craving (I put all those things in externally-loaded text files to make it easy for users to adjust). If you really want to do it with RobCo Patcher instead, just add the perks you want to the UC_FatGainPerks formlist similar to what I did for MHK's integration.

If RobCo Patcher had existed and supported pathing formlists at the time I added that feature to UC, I probably wouldn't have implemented my own data loader for it, but at least now people have more than one option for safely adjusting all the various gain/loss lists in it.

Also, if you have more questions about UC, it's probably better to ask them in its support topic rather than MHK's, just to keep like discussions grouped together a bit better.

1 minute ago, vaultbait said:

the magazine rack to the right of the cigarette machine

Yeah, i mean was that the magazine's are in the rack but they dont give the perks when reading them as they would when picked up from other locations

3 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

support topic about pregnancies after the first one not working in v4,

This would have been the first time getting pregnant , i went in stragiht after leaving 111,  But i do see your point with FPER, Now it causes other issues i never had before, just approching doctors when pregnant or father quest locks the game up, And i did remember last time i was playing fallout 4 with it i had issue with the new infertility perk .  Next time i do a new game i will try the other FPE 

36 minutes ago, LatencyRemix said:

Yeah, i mean was that the magazine's are in the rack but they dont give the perks when reading them as they would when picked up from other locations

That's definitely weird. Those magazines from WDF are implemented as typical perk mags, so should apply perks the first time you pick them up (or they did when I tested). I wonder what's breaking that.

15 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Right now the "breeding patrols" are just various sized groups of super mutants and kin who have a chance to spawn at the game's general random encounter points (specifically the ones for assault, camp, chokepoint, scene, or travel type encounters), with packages to guard their spawn location or start following you around a little if you get close. The stalkers are also normal super mutants, albeit naked/unarmed and with a custom name, that will track and follow you for a while (duration depends on the same factors as their odds of occurring, so the higher your chance the longer they stalk you too).

As typical NPCs, they'll either be hostile or friendly to you based on the same rules as other super mutants. If you have super mutants as allowed approachers in Harassment (either explicitly or via MHK's sync feature) then they can approach you similar to other super mutants.

Right now there's a fairly low chance of either appearing, but for 0.9.3 I'm replacing the breeding patrols on/off toggle in MCM with separate sliders to allow you to independently increase the frequency of patrols and stalkers if they're not happening enough for your liking (or to make it easier to test those features).

Thank you for the detailed reply!

I was expecting them to behave in a similar way like the ones in the cave. Like you talk to them and a window opens. He wants to fuck (and calms down), you either comply or he turns hostile. Or maybe it becomes an alternative way of getting turned into a breeder (% chance option).  SM gets post nut clarity and a window pops up and the SM says something like 

*you got injected with something*

"You smell good. Nice birthing hips. Will be good breeder.

Take you with me so you give birth our babies. You will like it or else..."

*you black out*.

Thinking more about the concept of Super Mutants that operate far away from the breeding room.

Like suspiciously friendly SM that will trick or groom the Player into becoming a breeder as another alternative way to enter the breeder cave.

Like some SM NPC that later becomes a companion (or maybe counted like a dog so you can take another female follower) with which you are allowed to exit the cave.

Maybe the SM NPC itself uses a brainwashed female NPC (that could be a naughty follower later) to convince the player character.

Could be like some place (A door at some building) that claims to help desperate humans.

Later it turns out that males "disappear"(get turned into protein) and the females go to a better settlement (breeder cave).

One word about the gore and breeding room and gore.

I agree that the gore is part of Super Mutants, even if one could make the arguments that even old brainwashed breeders could help the new ones in some way...

(like old chickens go on the nest of younger chickens and make the flock tamer easier to control).

I tend to imagine that the constant exposure to SM fluids somehow makes the breeders immortal as a form of symbiosis. SMs and Breeders that cooperate have more descendants (mostly SM, maybe rarely a female human).

The danger of not complying leads to death --> motivation to comply. 

Complying with the SM can generate guilt feelings of being complicit.

The character could have had opportunities of running away, but did not for the craving of dick, or not wanting to take the risk (screams from outside the breeder cave), guilty pleasure, guilty convenience (beds, foods, drinks, drugs,...), emotional attachment (favorite SM, ...)... while ignoring that the character is constantly drugged. So here maybe the player can choose a mental path (love being giving birth to SM or wishing to end)

But I could imagine that these more advanced mutants would place their gory kitchen in a separated room,

filled with animals and males, females that did not comply or wished to be ended. Maybe just as a level of basic hygiene for the breeders (or causing less stress).

For me the gore pile was not an issue since my ENB makes it so that this spot that has no lighting is dark and not really visible in this cave.

Sory for google translate my english is terrable

As of writing this I was blown away by this mod and the lack of any logic in the game's lore.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25307

Some time ago I was thinking about the history of super mutants and even wrote a short text for myself.
The situation in the game is as follows. In the game, we have scattered random settlements of super mutants whose sole purpose is to be killed by the player. The game lore says nothing about them except that they were created by the institute. Why and how they ended up outside of it, while being so randomly scattered, nothing is said.
On the other hand comes logic. Supermutants are surrounded by hostile people, they are stupid, and most importantly, they don't breed (at least there are no female supermutants). Under such conditions, no matter how many of them end up in the Commonwealth, they will be exterminated in a very short time. That is, it is necessary to figure out how they multiply and how they spread. Two versions are possible for reproduction.
1 Supermutants are the work of the institute that breeds them and releases them into the commonwealth. Why is he doing this? To me, there is no logical explanation other than to terrorize its inhabitants.
2 The second option is more interesting for me).
The super mutant project is spiraling out of control. Laura is like that. The Institute decided to help the Commonwealth. The biggest problem is radiation. Especially in the glowing sea. The idea is to process and decontaminate the glowing sea. Attempts to work in anti-radioactive suits fail, as a host of hostile creatures live there. Unfortunately, resources are limited and there is no way to produce an army of Synths to fight there. Having BPE at hand, it is decided to use it to transform people into super mutants. Having great strength, endurance and immunity to radiation, they will not only be able to clean up the glowing sea, but also effectively fight the inhabitants there. After the operation is over, they will be turned back into humans. This perfectly explains why Virgil becomes a super mutant and then a human and what he does in the Shining Sea. He was the head of this project.
Unfortunately, the project is getting out of hand. Dr. John is Shawn's deputy at the institute and has always thought Shawn was a weak-willed fool. The institute should have come forward and taken control of the commonwealth a long time ago. In other words, instead of clearing the glowing sea, slaughter the raiders, the minutemen, and anyone who resists. Even a small but well-commanded Synth army can do this. When he starts the project about the super mutants and the cleansing of the shining sea, he is opposed and enters into a severe conflict with Shawn, which almost costs him his head. Doctor John loses the internal struggle, but decides to fail the project as revenge. As a sign of repentance and reconciliation, he became Virgil's deputy and began working on the project. Doctor John and Virgil find common ground and decide that this project and their opportunity to overthrow Shawn. The idea is to kidnap people from the commonwealth, treat them with poorly purified BPE and turn them into idiotic supermutants, allegedly by mistake, and they kill Shawn, also allegedly by mistake. Shaun's death should be presented as a production accident and they should take over the institute.
Unfortunately for them, Shawn finds out about the plan. Doctor John and Virgil must run very fast for their lives. When they find themselves in the Commonwealth they come into conflict. Virgil is remorseful and afraid, so he decides to flee to the Holy Sea. Doctor John, who has also become a super mutant, decides to continue his fight with Shawn. He decides to kidnap people, turn them into super mutants and return to the institute with them. However, the plan failed. The VRE he stole is small and spoiled. He manages to turn only a few people into super mutants, and they are idiots at that.

Part 2
Doctor John finds himself alone in the Commonwealth with only a few subordinate supermutants and chased from the Institute. With no BPE at his disposal, he thinks about how to find more supermutants. He decided to try the natural way - with reproduction. He kidnaps women and forces them to give birth to his super mutants. Even with the first generation, however, a peculiarity arises. When a boy is born, he is a super mutant, but when a girl is born, he is a half mutant. Reasonably at that! Many years pass... Doctor John is still daydreaming about how he will return to the institute with an army of super mutants. His group of super mutants grew into a real settlement. Since supermutants are idiots and half-mutants are sane, they take over the settlement. Normal life reigns there. You have to build houses, go hunting, raise children... In one word - matriarchy. Demi-mutants believe that they are the superior race - humans are weak and super-mutants are stupid. However, the second generation reveals an unexpected problem - the half-mutants who mate only with super-mutants only give birth to super-mutant boys. To their great regret, they have to continue kidnapping human women.
Now greatly aged, Dr. John decides it's time to storm the institute. His stories about the half-mutants are sometimes interesting, sometimes useless tales of an already aged and blue-eyed old man. When he tells how he wants to lead them to certain death they refuse. In the conflict that broke out, Dr. John suffered a heart attack from excitement and died.
The super mutants take over the settlement completely and decide to start an expansion. They send groups of supermutants throughout the commonwealth on missions to kidnap women, hunt and deliver meat and captives to the main settlement.

Now I'm thinking how to tie this story to your mod).

Edited by vranina
8 hours ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

Thinking more about the concept of Super Mutants that operate far away from the breeding room.

Like suspiciously friendly SM that will trick or groom the Player into becoming a breeder as another alternative way to enter the breeder cave.

Like some SM NPC that later becomes a companion (or maybe counted like a dog so you can take another female follower) with which you are allowed to exit the cave.

Maybe the SM NPC itself uses a brainwashed female NPC (that could be a naughty follower later) to convince the player character.

The idea with the breeding patrols and stalkers was to increase the number of super mutants you run into, especially at early levels and in areas of the map where permanent super mutant encampments are scarce. As time goes on I'm hoping to add more varied behaviors and additional interactions for generic super mutants throughout the game, so the breeding patrols and stalkers will benefit from those features too once added.

And yes, I have plans for a unique super mutant companion in the next phase of the mod (after 1.0.0), like a naked and horny version of Strong who wants you to stay naked all the time and help him find more human females for breeding (repeatable companion quests essentially). Also members of the super mutant faction will be friendly to you (not simply non-hostile) when he's traveling with you, so you can equip weapons, get into combat, and not have to worry about keeping dosed with Mommy-O (unless you want to, of course!).

Edited by vaultbait
37 minutes ago, vranina said:

Now I'm thinking how to tie this story to your mod).

I've got a pile of personal notes on how I'll be tying the content into the many gaps and grey areas of canon Fallout lore (including names, timelines, etc). There will be a few more hints in a terminal I'm adding in 0.9.3, but the bulk of it will wind up in notes, terminal entries and dialogue for the Medford Memorial Hospital's obstetrics wing, once I add that (hopefully soon after 1.0.0). A quick summary (in a spoiler for the sake of those who don't want the eventual surprise ruined):

Spoiler

Before the war, researchers from CIT were conducting drug trials for an experimental erectile dysfunction treatment, under federal grant funding from the National Institutes of Health (old white male politicians are always looking for new ways to keep it up). They were trying virus-based gene therapy, but the results in test subjects weren't very promising. Worse, there was an increase in birth defects in their female sex partners who became (disproportionately) pregnant during the trial.

Since some couples who thought they could never conceive were suddenly achieving the impossible, the researchers switched their focus to volunteer patients seeking treatment at a fertility clinic in the obstetrics wing of nearby Medford Memorial, all the while trying to get those birth defects under control. Federal grant funding dried up once the wrinkled old men in Washington got wind that there was no magic erection drug on the way, but West-Tek stepped in to underwrite the project on the condition that their scientists could have copies of any of the team's findings.

With war on the horizon, West-Tek took over the research entirely and shut down the team at CIT, but not all copies of the research were purged from computers in Medford Memorial before the bombs fell. After the war, when the Institute began to explore the Commonwealth and eventually found the ruins of Malden, they unearthed forgotten research and preserved virus samples from Medford Memorial, which is what kick-started their own FEV experiments. When the sole survivor visits the Institute, you see that there aren't very many FEV vats, and they're not in active operation, so really can't explain how the super mutants are continually (re)populating the Commonwealth no matter how many are killed.

When fine-tuning FEV to make supersoldiers for the war effort, one of the side-effects of the strains West-Tek developed (most notably the one used later by The Master in Mariposa) was that it caused sterility in those exposed to it. The earlier strains being used in CIT's research did not have such a defect, which is why Commonwealth super mutants created from the Medford Memorial samples are able to replenish their numbers by impregnating normal human women. Super mutants produced through insemination are always male, which is why basically all the ones the sole survivor encounters have penises. Maybe the Institute experimented with making fertile female super mutants too, but they're not the ones you encounter in the FO4 game world.