Thanks for the update. For a future update chains to arm and leg cuffs would be great. Arm cuff could give a penalty on fighting or casting spells. And leg cuffs could slow you down. Additionally slave heels in DD would be great. Different kind of these heels exist e.g. in LADL but not in DD unfortunately.

Some thoughts on gags:

No dialog is surely nice, but since it's the only way to interact with friend NPC, it can be inconvenient like in could not speed up prison transportation. How difficult is it to replace default dialog with a "..." to get help or attention? Just like the somewhat universal "Do you know about Helgen?" question in Alternate Life.

Thanks for the update. For a future update chains to arm and leg cuffs would be great. Arm cuff could give a penalty on fighting or casting spells. And leg cuffs could slow you down. Additionally slave heels in DD would be great. Different kind of these heels exist e.g. in LADL but not in DD unfortunately.

Interconnecting chains across different limbs are a no-go for Skyrim apparel. The deformations caused by player motion would be too great.

Some thoughts on gags:

No dialog is surely nice, but since it's the only way to interact with friend NPC, it can be inconvenient like in could not speed up prison transportation. How difficult is it to replace default dialog with a "..." to get help or attention? Just like the somewhat universal "Do you know about Helgen?" question in Alternate Life.

Please post any gameplay-related suggestions in the DD:Integration thread. Assets focuses primarily on models and textures.

Are small variants of items hard to make?

I'm thinking about luxury variants of most of the devices for nobles or otherwise special groups. They would be made out of gold or silver and with gems as further ornamentation.

Could be a new vogue trend from Cyrodiil, reaching Skyrim in Solitude :).

And devious devices made out of silver might be particularly interesting for vampires and werewolves.

A new poll is up regarding glossy, shiny, sparkly latex devices.

Coopervane has been working on latex texture variations of the leather devices (see attached image) lately and is ready to share his efforts with the rest of the DD userbase. The purpose of the poll is to gauge the popularity and demand for these textures in order to determine how best to manage them.

post-190757-0-67778700-1400028510_thumb.jpg

Are small variants of items hard to make?

I'm thinking about luxury variants of most of the devices for nobles or otherwise special groups. They would be made out of gold or silver and with gems as further ornamentation.

Could be a new vogue trend from Cyrodiil, reaching Skyrim in Solitude :).

And devious devices made out of silver might be particularly interesting for vampires and werewolves.

Thanks for the suggestion. Keep an eye out for the next version of Veladarius' Captured Dreams mod will will include some custom device textures done by naaitsab.

Some thoughts on gags:

Please post any gameplay-related suggestions in the DD:Integration thread. Assets focuses primarily on models and textures.

Oh my bad! I was using mobile and searched for "Devious Devices" which brought me here :P.

To make this reply a bit worthy I suggest more furniture devices! Apart from ordinary pillaries, borrow some genius ideas from renowned AV such as chair and "horse" cart. And of course where is the evil triangle horse? ( I haven't reached the book yet so please spare me if they are already present ).

Interconnecting chains across different limbs are a no-go for Skyrim apparel. The deformations caused by player motion would be too great.

I use the Zarias restraints mod for its ankle chains. I just equip these in addition to any ankle cuffs the actor is wearing.

Yes, there is deformation but not too much. It helps that the chain is quite long to begin with and you don't need short chains anyway, just something between the cuffs to make walking harder.

So, if it's the deformation you are worried about, I wouldn't mind that, at least for ankle chains. If anything, it makes the restraints even more believable, despite the occasional deformation. You could include them as another item that the player can decide whether to have it appear or not. And... you can make another poll about this to see if anyone else is interested!

A new poll is up regarding glossy, shiny, sparkly latex devices.

Coopervane has been working on latex texture variations of the leather devices (see attached image) lately and is ready to share his efforts with the rest of the DD userbase. The purpose of the poll is to gauge the popularity and demand for these textures in order to determine how best to manage them.

*Kicks in door.*

I've voiced it before, but I'll say it again-- I am a fan of all things rubber!

Getting a realistic shine, however, is extremely difficult.  Only http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41534/? has really succeeded in achieving that goal.  

I really like the look of well oiled leather personally. That being said, I expect there is a high enough demand for the latex appearance as to make it worth-while to do, and make one or the other an optional texture (or whatever the difference is, I suck at that kind of thing) for download.

I highly prefer the way the leather stuff looks right now in the current version of Assets (as well as everything else).

If you did happen to release a latex version please keep it entirely optional.

The leather version is not going away, by no means, and the latex versions will be either wholly optional, or standalone in some form. I'm well aware not everyone likes the idea of latex in Skyrim and find it breaks their immersion, which is why i've wanted to make it optional from the very start of the project. 

We're just trying to guage what the demand for it is, as there are several ways it could be included, and some of them would require more of an effort to impliment than others (but might be worthwhile if there is a high demand for it). 

I highly prefer the way the leather stuff looks right now in the current version of Assets (as well as everything else).

If you did happen to release a latex version please keep it entirely optional.

The leather version is not going away, by no means, and the latex versions will be either wholly optional, or standalone in some form. I'm well aware not everyone likes the idea of latex in Skyrim and find it breaks their immersion, which is why i've wanted to make it optional from the very start of the project. 

We're just trying to guage what the demand for it is, as there are several ways it could be included, and some of them would require more of an effort to impliment than others (but might be worthwhile if there is a high demand for it). 

I voted for the leather for the immersion reason. I do like the look of those latex samples, and may use them in the occasional less serious game if they become an option. It could also be interesting to see both in the same game, leather being the common standard and a scattering of latex gear as exotic rarities that may be difficult to acquire. I can imagine a rare hide/difficult processing techniques that would result in a type of leather that looks like latex. It just could not be common, otherwise why wouldn't it be used in other applications like leather armor.

Or perhaps someone will come up with a Skyrim latex makeover, retexturing all sorts of things to make latex a common material in Skyrim. I can imagine there would be a high demand for that, but could be a huge undertaking. Especially if it is done as latex as an alternative to leather, rather than a simple replacer for all things leather.

Latex just doesn't do it for me, like it does for some, so I voted for the leather.  But in fairness, I'd like to point out that the Devious Loading Screens mod here on LL, explains that the inflatable plugs (which look like latex) are made from a combination of spider silk, nirnroot sap, and some other alchemical ingredient I can't remember at the moment.  So I don't buy the non-immersive argument.  :cool: