Thanks for the suggestion. Keep an eye out for the next version of Veladarius' Captured Dreams mod will will include some custom device textures done by naaitsab.

Good to know. It's really amazing how the devious devices family gets bigger and better :).

Latex just doesn't do it for me, like it does for some, so I voted for the leather.  But in fairness, I'd like to point out that the Devious Loading Screens mod here on LL, explains that the inflatable plugs (which look like latex) are made from a combination of spider silk, nirnroot sap, and some other alchemical ingredient I can't remember at the moment.  So I don't buy the non-immersive argument.  :cool:

For me the non-immersive argument is more that if this stuff is commonly used in DD devices in place of leather, why does it not replace leather in other non-DD applications? Its one thing that it is used were leather will not work, being a rare substance. Its odd that it would be common as, and used interchangeably for certain purposes, and unheard of in others. You would use leather for bondage in stead of "latex" if it was too weak to be used for armor, as straps need the same strength.

Guest smellbo

TBH ever since I first found DD, I've wanted latex devices, it just seems like there isn't enough latex out there. I know that people feel it breaks immersion, but lets be honest, with the amount of wack-ass mods out there that break immersion, I'm sure someone can think of a reason for latex in Skyrim. 

It's a shame that 57.63% don't agree with me  :(

TBH ever since I first found DD, I've wanted latex devices, it just seems like there isn't enough latex out there. I know that people feel it breaks immersion, but lets be honest, with the amount of wack-ass mods out there that break immersion, I'm sure someone can think of a reason for latex in Skyrim. 

It's a shame that 57.63% don't agree with me  :(

The new textures will be available regardless of the poll. The poll is simply to determine demand, to decide how / where we package them.

Speaking of immersion i might have a fun idea for another plug set:

Why not use one of Skyrims most excessive resources, ice. An ice dildo or buttplug would look great while also being a rather cruel plug. And there could be an enchanted one which regenerates the ice because it is enchanted through ice wraith essences.

And it could be used together with the panel gag, this might be very useful for cruel slavers traveling their slaves around in Skyrim like with the nice slavegirls mod from hydragorgon. So the poor slaves could travel a few days, wouldn't die of thirst while even drinking would be a pain.

As a suggestion, any chance of a 'box tie' rope restraint? 

Apart from the adjustments to arm animations and the asset modelling involved - not as easy as writing that, I'm sure! - the scripting might be almost identical.  And the 'look and feel' might be very 'lore friendly'?  Not that I care too much about lore friendliness, given some of the apparitions that I have wandering about on the Skyrim landscape :shy:   But it would look cute...

How about adding a lockable corset? It would look something like this:

J331.jpg

Or like this, but I guess then in black, since that seems to be the dominant colour of this mod:

redleatherlock6.jpg

In integration it could add effects such as loss of stamina and reduced stamina regeneration it would make it harder to breathe.

voted for leather on the poll but as long as the latex was optional I wouldn't mind it's inclusion, I try my best to keep my game relatively immersive and pretty sure latex gear popping up would kind of ruin that, but on the flip side latex is increddibly sexy

Question time guys:

One thing that keeps cropping up here is whole "yeah but, latex sounds so modern, i don't think it would fit in to Skyrim's world" issue. Well, as PubliusNV correctly pointed out a few posts up, this issue has been raised before with the Inflatable-plugs, and the workaround employed was to say "Ok, it's not Latex, it's an alchemicly transmuted material made from spidersilk, nirnroot-sap and chaurus-bile".

If it'll help people, and i suspect it will to some degree atleast, then i see no reason why these shiny items coulden't be made from the same stuff (or something similar), just so that it doesen't have the modern-sounding word "Latex" attached to it, but gets to have some made-up name that one can reason could fit into the lore of the game (magic is common in this world, why coulden't magic and alchemy create a shiny material?).

So here's the question: What in the blazes do i actually call it!? I need some name to attach to it, so what's this material going to be named?

I'm keen on any suggestions, although, try to keep in mind that Skyrim's UI can only fit so many letters in there before things become unreadable, so let's try avoiding giant strings of words like "Alchemicly infused leather", because then then the item names would become silly things like "Alchemicly infused leather gag (ball) (harness)", and that's not going to fit well in the UI at all..

I voted no. I get the work arounds like saying it's alchemical, but for me it's not going to be immersive until there's more regular/standard gear options that make use of the same sort of material (texture). An example would be high-grade leather armour that does fit the game lore-wise (at least in a Mak07 or Crosscrusade sexy sort of way...I :heart: my "Barbarian Cycle" style Skyrim!) that's made from this 'latex' analogue and textured appropriately.

That said, clearly the best option would be "both"! Then people can just choose.

Or, the 'latex' stuff can be additional, high-grade, and harder to escape...?

For a name, hmm, ebonite? Ebonette? Riff off the liquid ebony idea someone posted above. Or perhaps vulcanite or vulcanium, to give more of an alchemical feel to the word?

Guest smellbo

Warning, rant incoming.

Surely any mods that add something to/take something away from Skyrim should be classed as un-lore friendly. If it doesn't stick to the lore that Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games were based on, such as adding dragon wings to the player, or even doing something small like removing Nazeem from Whiterun, then it technically it isn't lore friendly.
So it makes me wonder, how is anything "Lore Friendly"

tl:dr - I get mad about lore

latex is a naturall resource that come's from tree's , leather is from cows, so whats more realistic? the fact that u make some stuff out off tree's or the markmanship to get a cowskin into black leather, i don't know but both are realistic to me.

i guees latex is just rarely seen in this world and leather is not. but both are what they are realistic in skyrim

Warning, rant incoming.

Surely any mods that add something to/take something away from Skyrim should be classed as un-lore friendly. If it doesn't stick to the lore that Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games were based on, such as adding dragon wings to the player, or even doing something small like removing Nazeem from Whiterun, then it technically it isn't lore friendly.

So it makes me wonder, how is anything "Lore Friendly"

tl:dr - I get mad about lore

I think there's a huge difference between "lore friendly" and "lore defined". Most people mix up those two things. Actually they also mix them up with other totally different things ^^ The way I understand it is like this:

"Lore defined" means things that were clearly described in the lore of the world like the existence and appearance of Sloads: a mod that added a Sload race according to those parameters would be more faithful to lore than Skyrim itself ^^ This can also include things like: Bosmer turning into zerglings, cyborgy implants, cloning, high heels (at least on shivering isles)

"Lore friendly" means things that don't obviously contradict the existing lore and are justifiable within its established boundaries. By this definition lots of things are lore friendly with minimum justification: dwemer trains, talking swords that turn people into vampires, potions that make you grow wings, skimpy armours made from spriggan parts or rubber growing on trees (it does on Earth! ^^)

People often say things are or aren't "lore friendly" buuuuuut i think lots of them don't know what they're talking about and just make that term mean whatever they want it to mean. TES games themselves have contradicted or retconned previously established lore to make their plots work so even developers are less stringent about it than some fans. I think TES world is amazing exactly because so few things in it are clearly defined so developers and modders can come up with their own interpretations of things to justify adding fun stuffs. Liiiiiike Devious Devices! Are they part of established TES lore? Nuuuuuh. Could they be? Why not! ^^

@ Ms Leeches;  well said

Lore was set by Bethesda, but they broke lore many times (women bandit leaders for instance).  Since Skyrim has now become the player's Skyrim, I think we can make the lore how we want it.  

You can't keep comparing Skyrim with our world using terms like "modern".  What is modern anyway.  Skyrim today is the practically the same as it was centuries, even millenniums ago.  So modern times for Skyrim is just that, for Skyrim - another planet, another galaxy, another dimension outside our normal comprehension.

Quit comparing it to our times.  We can't take a potion and be instantly healed, nor can we touch an artifact and have all diseases removed.  How many glass swords and armor have you seen used in our battles, modern or ancient?

For the inhabitants of Skyrim, this is modern times and our world would be considered backwards and still in the cave man era.

PS.  My PC will continue to run around in HER 'g-string-pasties' armor.  How's that for lore, or practicability?

Lore was set by Bethesda, but they broke lore many times (women bandit leaders for instance). 

Ummmm how did that break any lore? ^^ if anything it reinforces it because in the TES world women were never limited from doing anything just because they're women. Ashlanders are a small exception because only a women can be Wise Women and only men are Ashkhans but the leadership is split between them so I think it still counts. Women in Tamriel have been soldiers, scholars, artists, rulers and bandits for like ever and NPCs who see anything wrong with it have always been an insignificant minority (like they should be n_n)

I think we can make the lore how we want it.

This is not necessary. In the current state TES-lore itself can be a justification for all kinds of stuff, even assault rifles and spaceships. Like seriously.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Guest smellbo

@ Ms Leeches;  well said

Lore was set by Bethesda, but they broke lore many times (women bandit leaders for instance).  Since Skyrim has now become the player's Skyrim, I think we can make the lore how we want it.  

You can't keep comparing Skyrim with our world using terms like "modern".  What is modern anyway.  Skyrim today is the practically the same as it was centuries, even millenniums ago.  So modern times for Skyrim is just that, for Skyrim - another planet, another galaxy, another dimension outside our normal comprehension.

Quit comparing it to our times.  We can't take a potion and be instantly healed, nor can we touch an artifact and have all diseases removed.  How many glass swords and armor have you seen used in our battles, modern or ancient?

For the inhabitants of Skyrim, this is modern times and our world would be considered backwards and still in the cave man era.

PS.  My PC will continue to run around in HER 'g-string-pasties' armor.  How's that for lore, or practicability?

There's plenty of things I could say about this topic, but I feel like this is not the place to start a debate about how Skyrim mods are classified as "Lore Friendly"/"Lore Defined".

Just a passive comment, but thanks for giving me something to read on a boring day off.  :sleepy:

I think we can make the lore how we want it.

This is not necessary. In the current state TES-lore itself can be a justification for all kinds of stuff, even assault rifles and spaceships. Like seriously.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

We make lore how we, the individual wants it.  If you want assault rifles and spaceships, then install it.  If you don't want that as your idea of lore, then don't.  I don't so I didn't.  Some do and did.

@ Ms Leeches;  ask some of the women, they will tell you, " being a woman is hard...treated like cattle (should have been chattel).  Chattel is property, also slavery, not leaders. Women, normally, are the gathers, healers, cooks, tenders etc.  not warriors - again, normally.  The nord men of Skyrim would never follow a woman into battle (yes, I know there are exceptions in lore, but exceptions do not make the norm, never).  Bethesda added the "women warriors" as an appeasement for OUR sensitive, liberal idiotic society*.  

*idiotic is my interpretation from experience

I voted for leather.  Then I had a thought: how does latex withstand the elements; humidity/water/rain, sunlight/heat, sweat/salt, wear & tear and anything that would come in contact with it (tools, body fluids, magic and etc).  Latex isn't that duable.  Maybe a latex with element damage would work (whip marks, discoloration, fading, stains, spots, melting, spider cracks, aging and (breakage > this may help the PC escape or punished with Leather).  Possibly the process of damage, while worn, could be applied over time. This damage could also be applied to leather, though not as easily.  Anyway it was just a thought and not necessarily the facts about devices, lore and/or preference.

Question time guys:

One thing that keeps cropping up here is whole "yeah but, latex sounds so modern, i don't think it would fit in to Skyrim's world" issue. Well, as PubliusNV correctly pointed out a few posts up, this issue has been raised before with the Inflatable-plugs, and the workaround employed was to say "Ok, it's not Latex, it's an alchemicly transmuted material made from spidersilk, nirnroot-sap and chaurus-bile".

If it'll help people, and i suspect it will to some degree atleast, then i see no reason why these shiny items coulden't be made from the same stuff (or something similar), just so that it doesen't have the modern-sounding word "Latex" attached to it, but gets to have some made-up name that one can reason could fit into the lore of the game (magic is common in this world, why coulden't magic and alchemy create a shiny material?).

So here's the question: What in the blazes do i actually call it!? I need some name to attach to it, so what's this material going to be named?

I'm keen on any suggestions, although, try to keep in mind that Skyrim's UI can only fit so many letters in there before things become unreadable, so let's try avoiding giant strings of words like "Alchemicly infused leather", because then then the item names would become silly things like "Alchemicly infused leather gag (ball) (harness)", and that's not going to fit well in the UI at all..

There's no need for the 'Alchemically' in the name. Just use Infused Leather.