That is correct, the same one used by armor and clothes covering the torso.

Although to be honest I don't see how using the same slot as SOS is a problem, since the device is intended for females and SOS focuses purely on males, right? (I haven't used it myself yet)

The problem comes when the couterpart to SOS (opening/closing female mesh) for females is finished and it too uses slot 52.

Best to nip that problem now.

It's already a problem for sanguine's daedric artifact. Enable that, and females can't wear body armor. Probably the same for males but I haven't tested that yet. 

Reserving 52 for dangly parts makes sense based on convention but it will play havoc with zaria's restraints and other current mods providing labia decorations.

BTW how do you change the slot? Just change the BSdismember slot number or do you also have to reskin everything?

Reskin everything? Thankfully no, that would be madness (unless you're not just making a numerical tweak, but want to change the actual placement. Then the answer would be yes).

First you change the BSdismember slot number of any NiTriShape in NifSkope, but then you also have to change the slot in the Armor entry in the CK to the same value.

Doesn't take too long when there are only a few objects involved, is was the case here.

It's already a problem for sanguine's daedric artifact. Enable that, and females can't wear body armor. Probably the same for males but I haven't tested that yet. 

Reserving 52 for dangly parts makes sense based on convention but it will play havoc with zaria's restraints and other current mods providing labia decorations.

Yeah, I've been looking at taking each of those mods and adjusting the slots used because lately I like to see my favorite gal with all sorts of intimate jewelry on her highly tattoed body. So I use an invisible armor (eliminates the naked comments).

Yeah, I've been looking at taking each of those mods and adjusting the slots used because lately I like to see my favorite gal with all sorts of intimate jewelry on her highly tattoed body. So I use an invisible armor (eliminates the naked comments).

If you're going to edit them you might as well add the keyword ArmorCuirass to one of the jewelry pieces and give it an armor rating. Eliminates the need for the invisible stuff. I did the invisible armor thing for a while but I kept forgetting to equip it :) 

If you're going to edit them you might as well add the keyword ArmorCuirass to one of the jewelry pieces and give it an armor rating. Eliminates the need for the invisible stuff. I did the invisible armor thing for a while but I kept forgetting to equip it :)

Not a bad idea except I would like to have her be recognized as nude at times as well without having to remove the special piece of jewelry.

Easy enough in the normal game to build any piece of armor into a completely awesome armor (she had an excessive armor rating just under 4k with only three pieces of armor (boots glove and the invisible armor) though I am given to understand that anything over about 750 doesn't make the armor more effective but I like the way she looks in that combo (for now).

Whoot? That's great. Nice to see that people have a use for it. Thanks for letting me know.

This seems like a good time as any to give you guys some info about the upcoming mod update:

• The locks finally do their job and prevent the player from taking off the belt without a specific key or some special talents (see next feature).
  • A menu is added giving the player several options on how to interact with the belt (helpful for those who have lost the key or need to answer the call of nature - will require Zaz Animation Pack).
  • Plugs are now separate objects that can be attached to the corresponding belt by the wearer.
  • Chastity belts and accessories are now craftable (but only after reading about them).
  • (A new belt - maybe. Not quite satisfied with the result at this point)

Been getting into scripting lately and most of these features are fully functional by now. Still a few bugs here and there, but it shouldn't take much longer.
By the way, if anybody is interested in testing the next version and look for bugs and errors once it's ready - please contact me.

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone to give the new update a quick run-through to make sure that there are no weird issues or unexpected behavior. Shouldn't be too complicated and no technical knowledge or modding experience required.

Anybody here interested in helping me improve the mod?

If you need suggestions, you could make a diamond belt that only nobles can afford and they are worn only by female jarls, thanes etc. It's really thick, but has like 70% transparent alpha so you can see the belt AND THE GOODS.... You know, their husbands don't want to remove the belt each time they want to look at the goods and potential fiancees must do an inspection before marrying so they don't get... ummmm... second-hand goods.

If you need suggestions, you could make a diamond belt that only nobles can afford and they are worn only by female jarls, thanes etc. It's really thick, but has like 70% transparent alpha so you can see the belt AND THE GOODS.... You know, their husbands don't want to remove the belt each time they want to look at the goods and potential fiancees must do an inspection before marrying so they don't get... ummmm... second-hand goods.

Sure, suggestions are always welcome.

Nice idea. I was considering doing a belt with a transparent metallic glass panel in the front. Would you rather have a belt entirely out of transparent material (probably glass instead of diamond to keep it more lore friendly)?

The ability for bystanders to be able to... inspect the good is an interesting concept. Would give such a belt a nice back-story like being a custom crafted piece for the wife of a jealous nobleman or something of that sort.

Effects from wearing the belts. Not sure exactly whether they should be buffs or debuffs.

Very slow health loss due to chafing maybe?

Extended horse riding or running while wearing one of the belts with plugs causing orgasm or just increasing arousal (once lover's comfort's arousal mechanism is spun off)? 

Nice idea. I was considering doing a belt with a transparent metallic glass panel in the front. Would you rather have a belt entirely out of transparent material (probably glass instead of diamond to keep it more lore friendly)?

The ability for bystanders to be able to... inspect the good is an interesting concept. Would give such a belt a nice back-story like being a custom crafted piece for the wife of a jealous nobleman or something of that sort.

I like the ideas, including the semi-transparent panels with glass, but I think making the entire thing semi-transparent/making the belt out of glass/diamond would be a little much. It'd probably look functional (although not too much come to think of it; walking around wearing basically a heavy sculpture around your thighs...) but wouldn't really look all that good D:

For the love of OCD, please whatever new belt you make, make it something that can match other objects. I know that's a pretty vague thing to say but take your first/original belt for example, that thing blends super well because of the dark palette and materials used.

-Maybe a belt that's made entirely out of hardened leather (matches the leather palette from the leather armor set [hell maybe even use the leather set's textures]) and maybe add a "coat" of glass/diamond ontop of that, if that makes sense? Like a second -thinner- version of the belt that goes over the leather part, and on the edges you'd have either leather showing or perhaps some fur. Something that looks functional (including the transparency feature) and also looks both nice and fancy, expensive to craft and work out all the details, rather than just a chunk of a mineral carved into a basic sculpture.

As for Bufs and Debufs, there's all sorts of compatibilities you could work out, without touching actual magic effects.

For example:

-Making it compatible with Private needs, you wouldn't even need to touch debufs yourself, simply make it so people cannot do their daily needs with that thing on, and let Private Needs handle the respective effects.

-Compatible with Radiant Prostitution - can only accept oral and I guess "hand" requests, and you'd of course get paid less if the client had to accommodate to -your- needs.

-Compatible with LoversComfort, making it so while you have the Chastity belt your arousal won't go down (and prevent the player from masturbating), so you'd always be aroused, and thus deal with the debuf consequences. -However if you were to attach the corresponding plugs and what not, it would have a complete opposite effect, making it so the player is never aroused, and thus while having to deal with the above suggestions' debufs/effects, you'd never have to worry about the negative effects of being aroused.

If you need suggestions, you could make a diamond belt that only nobles can afford and they are worn only by female jarls, thanes etc. It's really thick, but has like 70% transparent alpha so you can see the belt AND THE GOODS.... You know, their husbands don't want to remove the belt each time they want to look at the goods and potential fiancees must do an inspection before marrying so they don't get... ummmm... second-hand goods.

I like the ideas, including the semi-transparent panels with glass, but I think making the entire thing semi-transparent/making the belt out of glass/diamond would be a little much. It'd probably look functional but wouldn't really look all that good D:

For the love of OCD, please whatever new belt you make, make it something that can match other objects. I know that's a pretty vague thing to say but take your first/original belt for example, that thing blends super well because of the dark palette and materials used.

-Maybe a belt that's made entirely out of hardened leather (matches the leather palette from the leather armor set) and maybe add a "coat" of glass/diamond ontop of that, if that makes sense? Like a second -thinner- version of the belt that goes over the leather part, and on the edges you'd have either leather showing or perhaps some fur. Something that looks functional (including the transparency feature) and also looks both nice and fancy, expensive to craft and work out all the details, rather than just a chunk of a mineral carved into a basic sculpture.

As for Bufs and Debufs, there's all sorts of compatibilities you could work out, without touching actual magic effects.

For example:

-Making it compatible with Private needs, you wouldn't even need to touch debufs yourself, simply make it so people cannot do their daily needs with that thing on, and let Private Needs handle the respective effects.

-Compatible with Radiant Prostitution - can only accept oral and I guess "hand" requests, and you'd of course get paid less if the client had to accommodate to -your- needs.

-Compatible with LoversComfort, making it so while you have the Chastity belt your arousal won't go down (and prevent the player from masturbating), so you'd always be aroused, and thus deal with the debuf consequences. -However if you were to attach the corresponding plugs and what not, it would have a complete opposite effect, making it so the player is never aroused, and thus while having to deal with the above suggestions' debufs/effects, you'd never have to deal with the negative effects of being aroused.

Those are all good ideas, but it's very important to me to keep the dependencies to an absolute minimum and the mod unified. Therefore the question would be whether making it compatible with such other mods would force players who don't have them to install additional files.
Including Zaz' Animations in the next update was pushing it for me already, but they were just too good to pass on. Heck, I haven't even touched the SexLab API yet for that reason (even though admittedly most people here probably have it installed already).
And while I'm tempted to create some custom scripts for adding these features to my mods (scripting is kinda fun) just to make sure everything works together and be able to control the development, I'm not sure players would appreciate the addition of such features for which they already have another mod for. And that's not mentioning other modders who might feel ripped off by any potential similarities...

So yeah, I'll look into some custom effects for future versions, as well as how the integration with other mods works, but if that means additional requirements then consider it unlikely unless there is excessive demand for a very specific feature.

And don't worry, I'll keep the visual style of any additional designs close as close to Skyrims original art direction as possible while staying true to their nature. 

That's all good to hear Zadil :)

As for the mod dependencies, yeah I understand and can see how that would be annoying. Worst case scenario what you could do, since you actually find scripting fun :P is to make optional plugins for it. For example what I mentioned about Private needs; Make an optional file that instead of using a big chunk of your own scripting, you simply call on what Private Needs does. Granted making an optional file for every mod that you could see compatibilities for would probably be a drag, even if you find it fun lol, but it doesn't need to be put in place right away.

On a side, off-topic to the whole effects matter-note, I was thinking that in the future if you were to tackle some sort of Magical/Daedric looking/functioning belt, it would be interesting to mess around with an idea used in SD, and that is to have the player do things triggered by objects that seem to have a mind of their own.

Imagine your player is talking to an NPC, and then suddenly the Daedric/Demonic/Possessed/Whatever belt forces the player to say something completely unrelated to the topic at hand, and more sexual oriented. The effect could get worse over time to the point the player would need to release some of that sexual energy or else they wouldn't be able to focus, namely not able to talk to anyone without blatantly asking them for sex right there and then.

The Belt itself could be made in such a "wicked" way that only a "third party" could open it; The belt would sense the desire/lust on the NPC and open itself only when needed for the intercourse itself, and then shut itself off automatically afterwards.

Of course the whole idea would be heavily "lore" driven, but hey, it's out there now :P Just something basic you could develop upon.

That idea relates to something I had in mind (I have a text file full of ideas I write down as soon as I think of them, just in case someday I get into modding myself lol), and that'd be to have one of the Daedric lords to start "accompanying" you in your adventures. Everything would go and feel normal, until specific interactions with items and NPCs would occur. For example if an NPC presents the player with a subject that requires the player to make a choice, the "spirit" of the Daedric prince would try and force the player to make one of the choices; If the player agrees to follow the lord's choice, it could result in something random, could be nothing but a dialog line, or could be something like a temporary buf to something, maybe something related to whatever the subject/choice was. If the player decides to not listen to the Daedric lord, well, a bunch of scenarios as "consequence" can come to mind :P

Not sure if any of that would actually be possible to achieve lol, but it's interesting nonetheless. Also I need to start cutting down on my walls of text -.-

I definitely should keep you and your ideas around.
A device with a conscious mind inhabited by a spirit or other arcane being communicating mentally with the player while the device is worn. The being could be trapped in a soulstone mounted as a plug or something (oh, the dialogue possibilities...), craving another being to talk to and control so that they refuse to release the device and punish the player for ignoring them. Possibly a mage who made an accident while enchanting the item and got trapped or a nobleman put into that...position as a curse by a witch. This is fantastic...

One of my modding principles (hey, don't judge me) is to keep the original quests and scripts untouched, but just a short questline and some custom npc might be enough to get going. Let's see, some of the required scripting would be straightforward, but I'd also need a way to artificially trigger dialogue...

Curse you, monababii. I'll be thinking about this all week.

Honestly I wish I knew how to script, I'd be harassing you all day to make these things together.

Also I could always send you the file/copy the list (rather long) of ideas that I've had over time. The reason I write them down is because of my inability to actually make them happen, I eventually forget D:

The ideas range from silly things already seen in other games, like running towards something similar to a fence, and instead of seeing it as an obstacle use it as a speed boost as you'd jump on it/over it and launch yourself forward to resume the "race"- To a whole quest line involving taking control of your -horse- and when the player enters a certain "dungeon", instead of following the player's character, you'd see the world through different eyes and control the horse; What does your faithful steed do while you're off killing things? Stand around waiting? Naw, it is also off in its own misadventures. It just so happens that your horse is done with their quests before you come out of the dungeon.

-True story.

If you go on like this I'll have to like every post you make. This idea of a dedicated horse quest is equally brilliant and hilarious - who's the sidekick now?

And hey, it's never to late to learn. I had no clue how to make scripted stuff happen myself several days ago and now I'm off to a good start, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. We'll see once I release the update these next few days.

Rather than having this mod start gaining dependencies on SexLab etc., it probably makes more sense to make this available as a resource for THOSE mods to depend on.  Add a keyword to the item, and work with Ashal to get that keyword respected by SexLab itself;  I seem to recall there's already a 'no strip' keyword or something added at jbezorg's request.  Then it is up to the SexLab plugins to incorporate it into their mods as and when it makes sense.

Rather than having this mod start gaining dependencies on SexLab etc., it probably makes more sense to make this available as a resource for THOSE mods to depend on.  Add a keyword to the item, and work with Ashal to get that keyword respected by SexLab itself;  I seem to recall there's already a 'no strip' keyword or something added at jbezorg's request.  Then it is up to the SexLab plugins to incorporate it into their mods as and when it makes sense.

Not a bad idea and yeah, I guess that could work... I'll think about it.

Just to let you all know, the updated version (1.1) is now out.
This update focuses on script additions, meaning the belts are now interactive, craftable and simply more awesome than they were before.
Oh, and the starting location has also changed. It's now at the Arcanaeum in the College of Winterhold.

While I tested it before uploading, adding scripts greatly increases the potential for bugs, so let me know if you find any.

No new belts this time, but I'm working on one right now. Here's a small preview of what's to come:

post-190757-0-75815800-1376167377_thumb.jpg

This update focuses on script additions, meaning the belts are now interactive, craftable and simply more awesome than they were before.

Oh, and the starting location has also changed. It's now at the Arcanaeum in the College of Winterhold.

While I tested it before uploading, adding scripts greatly increases the potential for bugs, so let me know if you find any.

No new belts this time, but I'm working on one right now. Here's a small preview of what's to come:

JinZen is watching :P

This is a good looking chastity belt for sure :P All of them are... Don't say it that much but yours are the best I saw so far

Please add a version where you can swap in Dark Soul Gems for the vaginal and anal plugs, allow you to craft them but require them to be filled gems (there are a few annoying characters "Do you get to the Cloud District often?" I'd like to stuff up someones ass).

[...]

JinZen is watching :P

This is a good looking chastity belt for sure :P All of them are... Don't say it that much but yours are the best I saw so far

Why, thanks JinZen, glad to hear it. The next belt is almost finished and just has to be made compatible with the different bodies, so check back these next few days for more.

[...]

Please add a version where you can swap in Dark Soul Gems for the vaginal and anal plugs, allow you to craft them but require them to be filled gems (there are a few annoying characters "Do you get to the Cloud District often?" I'd like to stuff up someones ass).

Trust me, soul gem plugs are high on my to-do list (part of a whole concept of having the belt possessed and controlled by a conscious entity), but even the belt alone is gonna be a step up from the previous models in terms of complexity and challenge, so I can't give you a time frame yet.

It's gonna happen though. Eventually.

Maybe even with custom effects depending on the plug or soul gem...