You're of course right. I just wanted to stress the notion that the new release of Bodyslide, does in fact contain tools for UNP-derivate users. UNPConvert is actually a part of UUNP (or has been developed together). afer transforming an outfit to the shape you like you can either weight it for UUNP thus making it compatible with close to 40 shapes( x3 since you can chose non-HDT, HDT and HDT+3D privates) or for a single "rue" version of a body.

ofc there's the loss of fidelity/quality associated with the morphing and nothing beats making proper conversions in a real 3D program, but that's the price you pay to cater all those many different forms in one go...

And i want to stress the notion that saying "Bodyslide now suppports UNP bodies" is not true.

It supports it's own propriatary and incompatible versions of UNP, that users would have to switch to and convert all their installed mods to, which is a lot of work! And by no means the same as having native support for UNP. Rather, it's the same amount of work as migrating your install to any other and completely incompatible body (or rather, it's actually more work, UUNP does not have any real backing by the modding community right now, so endusers will have to do all the conversions themselves, and without aids like the batch-converter that CBBE users can enjoy, since UUNP conversion does not follow standard Bodyslide conversion methods).

But that's how people are selling it, making false blanket statements that "if it supports Bodyslide then it also supports UNP" as if that were a fact. It isen't, and i wish people would stop saying it as they are leading both endusers and content creators astray by doing so.

Those of us not using CBBE have already lost a good few mods to this misinformation, the authors choosing to can any and all support for bodytypes other than CBBE+Bodyslide in the false belief that "Bodyslide means it works for everybody", since that is what they were told by a myriad of people who haven't even attempted to do this themselves (or they would have known it to be false).

I've had to give up on a few mods myself because of this.

I'm sorry but, Unified UNP IS indeed, like the name suggest, all of the UNP bodies inside one set of BodySlide sliders.

It uses the 7B topology and UNP UV layout, and the sliders morph it to each of the UNP family's bodies.

There are very few exceptions that have a higher polygon count in their originals, such as UNPSH or UNPK.

If you convert an outfit to be UUNP compatible, it IS compatible with all UNP bodies, as the only difference is the shape for 90% of them.

Obviously, "CBBE BodySlide" outfits aren't "UUNP BodySlide" compatible. They have to be converted to the sliders and weights copied.

Though as they share the same base shape, that's easier. Converting to UUNP is the same process as converting to CBBE BodySlide.

If you want an outfit for UNP, you convert it straight to UNP. If you want an outfit for all of UNP at once, you convert it to UUNP. That's the use of it.

So yes, BodySlide now supports UNP bodies, not to say that the weighting of UUNP is the 3rd best I've seen thus far after Dream Girl and Lady Body: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18461-post-your-sex-screenshots/?p=1129290

I'm sorry but, Unified UNP IS indeed, like the name suggest, all of the UNP bodies inside one set of BodySlide sliders.

It uses the 7B topology and UNP UV layout, and the sliders morph it to each of the UNP family's bodies.

There are very few exceptions that have a higher polygon count in their originals, such as UNPSH or UNPK.

If you convert an outfit to be UUNP compatible, it IS compatible with all UNP bodies, as the only difference is the shape for 90% of them.

Obviously, "CBBE BodySlide" outfits aren't "UUNP BodySlide" compatible. They have to be converted to the sliders and weights copied.

Though as they share the same base shape, that's easier.

So yes, BodySlide now supports UNP bodies, not to say that the weighting of UUNP is the 3rd best I've seen thus far after Dream Girl and Lady Body: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18461-post-your-sex-screenshots/?p=1129290

According to the UUNP mod description, UUNP does not use the standard UNP/UNPB/7B/etcetc weightpainting, but rather applies weights based on the Dreamgirl body. So how does that compute? Even if the polycount and each individual vert were to be placed identical to the body of it's namesake (which i don't know if they are 100%), things simply will not be compatible if the weightpaints are not also identical, that's just common sense.

I have admittedly not tried the latest version of Bodyslide as i do not use CBBE, what i tried was the previous version of it. So i'm willing to give this the benifit of the doubt if there is good reason to do so: How exactly can UUNP be compatible with standard UNP/UNPB/etcetc assets if it does not use the same meshes or weights? Or does it infact use the same meshes and weights and the description is just out of date? What's the deal there? 

Though as they share the same base shape, that's easier.

According to the UUNP mod description, UUNP does not use the standard UNP/UNPB/7B/etcetc weightpainting, but rather applies weights based on the Dreamgirl body. So how does that compute? Even if the polycount and each individual vert were to be placed identical to the body of it's namesake (which i don't know if they are 100%), things simply will not be compatible if the weightpaints are not also identical, that's just common sense.

I have admittedly not tried the latest version of Bodyslide as i do not use CBBE, what i tried was the previous version of it. So i'm willing to give this the benifit of the doubt if there is good reason to do so: How exactly can UUNP be compatible with standard UNP/UNPB/etcetc assets if it does not use the same meshes or weights? Or does it infact use the same meshes and weights and the description is just out of date? What's the deal there? 

You're right with that, of course. I've never said equipping a DD that was made for UNP on UUNP will work, which indeed it does not as UUNP's weights are a mashup of weights all over and further manually edited (not only Dream Girl anymore).

However, once you have done that, applying sliders and weights, you have an even better conversion that's compatible with ALL of UNP at once. My point was that BodySlide is indeed UNP compatible now, if people start using UUNP.

Now if you do not want to convert your outfit to UUNP, you can still use the helpful stuff that comes with UUNP to convert it to the actual UNP (even though it would be more ideal to convert to the UUNP straight and release that BodySlide set).

As in, the real UNP mesh with its shape and weights. You do that by using the UNPConvert or UUNP conversion references that come with BodySlide (or rather Outfit Studio).

I am confused.  When you (Coopervane and Cell) said that UUNP is not compatible with DD's UNP version, what do you mean by that?

Do you mean clipping but how bad would it be if one is still using UUNP's UNP base shape?  CBBE UNP reference won't work due to incompatible texture sets but isn't UUNP (base/HDT not the plus or plusplus versions) 100% compatible with UNP textures?

UUNP and UNP don't have the same weights that control deformation, the UV map is the same.

Instructions moved here, as this is the more relevant place (where ppl interested in the matter migh actually check) and not to clutter this thread.

UUNP and UNP don't have the same weights that control deformation, the UV map is the same.

I got that but what does it mean as in "won't work"?  I am looking to switch to UUNP mainly for the combo of DDa compatible shape with DreamGirl like deformation.  I am only referring to UUNP output in UNP and not customized shapes.

DDa UNP mesh does not come with its own body and even in TBBP how big a problem will that be if the shape (UUNP in UNP shape) are almost identical? 

As far as outfits are concerned, so the toon will deform like UNP when clothed and like UUNP when not.  To me, that is different than "won't work".  It sounds like it should work better than UNPB cloth on UNP or vice versa, which most people consider compatible with each other.

I am still confused and hope I am not the only one.

EDIT: to t3h0th3r, sorry I didn't see you are still editing your reply above...

My point was that BodySlide is indeed UNP compatible now, if people start using UUNP.

Cell.. please re-read the statement you just made here and tell me how that makes any sense at all :lol:

Here, let me flip that statement the other way:

DDa currently supports UUNP. All you have to do is replace your UUNP generated body with the standard UNP body, and all your UUNP generated armours with standard UNP ones, and then it works!

Yeahhh... bit of a problem with that logic, isen't there? ;)

My point was that BodySlide is indeed UNP compatible now, if people start using UUNP.

Cell.. please re-read the statement you just made here and tell me how that makes any sense at all :lol:

Here, let me flip that statement the other way:

DDa currently supports UUNP. All you have to do is replace your UUNP generated body with the standard UNP body, and all your UUNP generated armours with standard UNP ones, and then it works!

Yeahhh... bit of a problem with that logic, isen't there? ;)

With UNP-compatible I meant in a broader way, in terms of the UNP UV map having had its way into BodySlide now. I never said UUNP = UNP. BodySlide is UNP-compatible in terms of "has bodies that use the UNP textures and look like the UNP's now", instead of "BodySlide has UNP now". :P

Whatever, in the end it doesn't matter. My personal opinion is that UUNP is a handy tool if you want everyone to be happy with the body shape he wants to use for your outfit by choosing it himself in BodySlide with even more tweaking due to the extra sliders it has (other than full-body sliders).

I'm not saying it to knock UUNP, i really have no opinion of the body at this time as i've not tried it.

But as a long time UNP user, who ever since Bodyslide got those body presets has been told "just convert to UNP with Bodyslide", lets just say that my patience with this myth ran out months ago.

The fact that it's false information is bad enough, but what's much worse is that it has lead to mod-authors cancelling support for any other body than CBBE because they belived this myth, genuinly thinking that they were supporting other bodies and advertising that their mod would work with other bodies because it had Bodyslide files. Sadly, i can even count Devious Devices on that list (the first time UNPB support got dropped, and now again with Dcur, which also postulates in it's release notes that UNP users can just use Bodyslide to make the mod work with the UNP assets).

When a misconception starts causing issues like that, then it starts to be a real problem, and that's the core of my beef with it.

i must be doing something wrong cause no matter what i do my armbinders are invisible 

could it be my ENB?

Which DD mods do you have installed?

I would recommend taking all of them out and then installing them again. Start with just Assets and Integration and see if armbinders show. Don't worry about body conversions or anything like that, just choose meshes for one of the officially supported bodies when installing. If the armbinders work, next add in Expansion if you use it and check again. If they still work then add in any other DD-related mods you use one-by-one, including a conversion if you don't use one of the official bodies, and check again after each of them until you find the culprit.

i must be doing something wrong cause no matter what i do my armbinders are invisible 

could it be my ENB?

Which DD mods do you have installed?

I would recommend taking all of them out and then installing them again. Start with just Assets and Integration and see if armbinders show. Don't worry about body conversions or anything like that, just choose meshes for one of the officially supported bodies when installing. If the armbinders work, next add in Expansion if you use it and check again. If they still work then add in any other DD-related mods you use one-by-one, including a conversion if you don't use one of the official bodies, and check again after each of them until you find the culprit.

it could be the old male conversions don't work cause that's the only other dd mods i have then after that its look mods enbs skin mods hair etc etc (i have all the requirements) 

it could be the old male conversions don't work cause that's the only other dd mods i have then after that its look mods enbs skin mods hair etc etc (i have all the requirements) 

That's precisely it. Device-For-Him is completely busted with the latest versions of the core DD mods, and since it functions by overwriting DDi's and DDx'es code with it's own code, it's currently breaking those mods aswell. You'll want to uninstall that mod untill the author returns to active modding and get's it fixed.

That's precisely it. Device-For-Him is completely busted with the latest versions of the core DD mods, and since it functions by overwriting DDi's and DDx'es code with it's own code, it's currently breaking those mods aswell. You'll want to uninstall that mod untill the author returns to active modding and get's it fixed.

ooooooooof coooourse that fucking sucks

well i tried to do this skyrim modding thing it's not worth it to many female mods 

well i tried to do this skyrim modding thing it's not worth it to many female mods 

There was an update that works for the most part in this post: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35684-devious-devices-for-him-21st-nov-2014/?p=1072538. There are still some issues but it addresses the items not showing up.

"Boy did I feel vulnerable in this Restrictive gear, good thing I put on some armor..."

post-101267-0-78580500-1428186508_thumb.jpg

There was an update that works for the most part in this post: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35684-devious-devices-for-him-21st-nov-2014/?p=1072538. There are still some issues but it addresses the items not showing up.

"Boy did I feel vulnerable in this Restrictive gear, good thing I put on some armor..."

oh no forget it already gave up skyrim is off my computer 

not really surprised tbh poor straight men

I don't feel poor at all. If i'm going to spend houers looking at a butt wiggle around infront of the camera, then why woulden't i want it to be a nice female one? ^_^

^This. This is always my answer when people ask "why do you always play female characters?" :P

I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a roleplaying game. Some people want to play basically as themselves, and usually pick their own gender as a result. Others would rather be another person completely, which often means the opposite gender. And then, of course, some people just want to drool over a wiggling bottom :P

I guess I'm lucky. While I appreciate the best of both worlds, I happen to think my own gender has the most drool-worthy bottoms. So I play girls!

A lot of people say straight men play as men. I say, since when is looking at a male butt 24/7 straight?

By that logic, every person on earth is gay. If you have any thoughts pertaining to self aesthetics or vanity (which everyone does every day) you are automatically sexually orientated to your own sex?