I have an odd little request. I'm one of the people who plays with 'destroy keys' on for a bit of complications on things, but by the same token, there's some times when I would love to be trotting around with plugs handy. I'm curious if you might considering adding a harness variant [or hip-harness, even] which lacks locks, the chastity keyword [so attackers or partners won't be dissuaded], but could hold in a set of plugs for those naughtier denizens of Skyrim?

Small question about the restrictive sets. I have a lot of clipping with the gloves and some other items and was wondering if it is for a different body than CBBE or if I changed the body via Body Slide to be slightly different (it's  mainly  arm clipping that is annoying)

Great assets.

Are the restrive gloves doing something different since they don't cuff?

If your in a device, how do you get out of it? Do you need to be a certain level or have a certain skill level?

It depends on which device you're in, and if you made any changes in the MCM before you got put in it - or put it on yourself. All piercings require a Piercing Removal Tool. Chastity belts, bras and the main harness require a Chastity Key. Most collars, cuffs, gags, blindfolds and boots require a Restraints Key. You can craft keys and the piercing tool at any forge under the miscellaneous section provided you've read the Devious Devices Chastity Belts (I think) book which should be in the Forbidden Bookshelf in the library at the College of Winterhold. (Read it from your inventory, not the bookcase's inventory menu.) If you didn't change any settings in the MCM, though (you can't when locked in a device) you're going to need some exceptionally rare and expensive materials to craft them. And by default it requires - I think - a level of 85+/100 in the relevant skill for any chance at all of forcing devices open without the proper key/tool. Either way, without a key or an NPC's help, you're going to be spending a long time locked up :o

Armbinders can be struggled against repeatedly until you get a message they feel a bit looser, after which you can take them off. Yokes can also be struggled out of with a bit of patience if you have a Restraints Key in your inventory, though it might take a while. Both yokes and armbinders can be fiddled with before they're equipped to make them easier to get out of. Talking to NPCs will give you a "Can you help me?" dialogue option for a chance to remove an armbinder or yoke (again, if you have a Restraints Key for the latter.) Unless you're gagged, in which case you have to struggle to make yourself understood first, plus you might well find the person you're trying to ask for help has made your situation worse by then :P

But then some devices are only removable through quests - and while some other mods might offer a way out of them (like paying a blacksmith) it's usually a bad idea as that might break the quest and mess up your save. Other mods also offer a way of finding keys - such as Cursed Loot and Devious Devices for the Masses. Captured Dreams has a shop where you can go to build up some heavy debt in exchange for getting some of your devices off.

If your in a device, how do you get out of it? Do you need to be a certain level or have a certain skill level?

With a great deal of difficulty unless you changed the skill defaults in DDi.

Keys are the normal way to escape devices (some skills can be used as well but need to be very high). To get keys you'll need to install other mods that provide them or learn how to craft them yourself by doing the Forbidden Tome quest.

Mods that drop keys:

Devious Devices for the Masses

Deviously Cursed Loot

The mod Captured Dreams will also remove standard devices for a fee

Is there any way to get this to work with UNPB again? I stopped updating all mods since it has been unsupported. UNPB is just perfection to me. I really don't like to walk away from it. :-/

You could always try one of the newer bodyslide conversions with a UNPB preset.

Is there any way to get this to work with UNPB again? I stopped updating all mods since it has been unsupported. UNPB is just perfection to me. I really don't like to walk away from it. :-/

You could always try one of the newer bodyslide conversions with a UNPB preset.

I tried that once. Didn't look ANYTHING like UNPB. The devices (back then) didn't fit the body properly, especially the belts.

UNPB meshes for the new items do exist. The new restrictive assets were created when UNPB was the standard for DD. However, they're incomplete - they're all for weight 1 and unweighted. A weight 0 needs to be created from that and then they need to be bone-weighted, then exported into nif files while keeping the naming, materials, etc in line with standard DD.

On top of that, the old UNPB files need their slots changed to be in line with the 2.9 release.

I'm happy to make my source meshes available to anyone who has the necessary skill, time and software to do that and release the UNPB set. In fact I've already done so twice (nothing came of it).

UNPB meshes for the new items do exist. The new restrictive assets were created when UNPB was the standard for DD. However, they're incomplete - they're all for weight 1 and unweighted. A weight 0 needs to be created from that and then they need to be bone-weighted, then exported into nif files while keeping the naming, materials, etc in line with standard DD.

On top of that, the old UNPB files need their slots changed to be in line with the 2.9 release.

I'm happy to make my source meshes available to anyone who has the necessary skill, time and software to do that and release the UNPB set. In fact I've already done so twice (nothing came of it).

I really don't have any knowledge about it. Or is there a good tutorial on this? Can you say about how much work (hours) it is for someone who knows how to do it?

First I wanted to say I abolutely love this mod! Great work!

I especially love the Restrictive Corset/Collar/Gloves/Boots set and also the malusses you get from some items like the weapon skill malus of the bra, stamina malus of the corset and slow-down-effect of the boots. Makes things more challenging :)

In this regard I have a suggestion:

It would be great if the Restrictive Gloves give you a malus on lockpicking and pick-pocketing.

As in real life, it would be significantly more difficult to fumble around with lockpicks or inside other people's pockets with a pair of thick leather gloves on.

And it would also be great if the Restrictive/Pony Boots give you a malus on sneak.

As in real life it would be significantly more difficult to sneak around people while your heels/horseshoes "click" with every single step.

And it would also be great if the Restrictive/Pony Boots give you a malus on sneak.

As in real life it would be significantly more difficult to sneak around people while your heels/horseshoes "click" with every single step.

Pretty sure pony boots already do that, or maybe it's dd expansion, but I know at least some of them provide a penalty to sneaking when wearing pony boots. (check the magic tab for buffs/debuffs, it's listed there, not on the boots themselves)

Hey!

If I download the CBBE version and I create my own cbbe preset it will not fit am I right?

Correct. How much clipping/misalignment there is will depend on how much you tweak the vanilla CBBE body for your preset, but for a perfect fit you'd need to do a conversion of at least some of the devices to match the body.

Hey!

If I download the CBBE version and I create my own cbbe preset it will not fit am I right?

Correct. How much clipping/misalignment there is will depend on how much you tweak the vanilla CBBE body for your preset, but for a perfect fit you'd need to do a conversion of at least some of the devices to match the body.

So if I liked UNPB then is it the same work to make a tweaked CBBE to work as UNPB? Thanks for the quick answer btw.

Hey!

So if I liked UNPB then is it the same work to make a tweaked CBBE to work as UNPB?

I've never used bodyslide or anything like that to make my own body, I've always been lucky enough that normal UNP is perfect for me, but yes, if you're using any body other than one of the officially supported ones at least some of the devices aren't going to fit unless you convert the device meshes. Nipple piercings in particular aren't going to line up properly if you make any changes to breast shape.

I used UNPB for quite a while purely because of DD, but not long before support was officially switched from UNPB to UNP I was already using the devices with UNP. I used gerra6's clothing converter to fit the nipple piercings to the UNP boobs and just put up with some very minor clipping elsewhere until 2.9.0 was released.

Basically, if you use any body other than the officially supported ones:

CBBE 3.2.3 (Curvy)

UNP v1.2

UNP v1.2 (Skinny)

UNP HDT-PE-TBBP

then you'll need to convert/tweak the devices for a good fit. Install the meshes for the body that most closely matches yours, try the devices on in-game to see how well (or badly) they fit, and then start looking to make changes to what needs it. As far as I understand bodyslide, once you've made your preset you should be able to use outfit studio to convert things to fit it. As I said, though, I've never used it so I can't help out with that.

So if I liked UNPB then is it the same work to make a tweaked CBBE to work as UNPB? Thanks for the quick answer btw.

Ehhh..

I have actually tried Bodyslide, and the answer to that is a resounding no. Bodyslide cannot make a UNPB body, it's got a preset named that, but the endresult is still the CBBE body, just a CBBE body that has been altered a bit to look kinda-sorta more like UNPB. It doesen't really look the part though, there are many things about it that look nothing at all like UNPB, and more importantly, the end-result is not in any way shape or form compatible with UNPB assets, it will only work with CBBE ones modified via Bodyslide to fit that preset.

The notion that Bodyslide can create any bodytype or be used to make anything compatible with other bodies is patently false, there is not a shred of truth to it. It's a misconception beeing widely spread by people who have no real understanding of what the program does or how it actually works (and in this case, how it most certainly does not work).

All Bodyslide does is move around the verts/polys on the CBBE body, but the end-result, nomatter how much you distort the mesh, will always be the CBBE body.

OutfitStudio is a different kettle of fish, it can in threory make working conversions of items, though it's very buggy, there are many things it won't handle, and the endresult will never be as good as something converted proper in Blender/3dsMax.

Umm you may wanna revise that statement. Newest Bodyslide version 2.3 comes with Unified UNP, which can basically create any body with an UNP UV map (38 different bodies before custom sliders), with and without HDT and also with 3d privates , aaaand *drummroll* the whole bodymorphing stuff is also available ingame via RaceMenu.

@Koffii i'm not too good with blender, but i'm currently working on someting with the aforementioned toolset, just waiting for some final tweaks...

I am a bit curious if anyone else has run into a glitch where you can't remove Plugs even after you have removed all other devious devices, even with debug commands such as the Free Me option from Cursed Loot. Everything else works 100% okay, it's just that for some reason, plugs will permanently stay in place even with no chasity device to hold them there.

02 TBBP (UNP)\piercingNSoul_0.nif

02 TBBP (UNP)\piercingNSoul_1.nif

looks like it is missing a bone Breast01

so this should be BBP instead...

BBP uses 2 skeletal nodes to control the breasts, namely NPC L Breast and NPC R Breast.

TBBP uses 4; the NPC L/R Breasts to control the lower halves, and a new, NPC L/R Breast01 to control the upper halves.

so this one is exclusively to "UNP HDT-PE BBP TBBP" that does not have Breast01 bone

but if you want one that has belly bone and so like this UNP TBBP that has all of it there is no support,,,

all the others TBBP if you look inside this pack has Breast01 bone but this "02 TBBP (UNP)"...

so my point is this one is named wrong... should be BBP only

Umm you may wanna revise that statement. Newest Bodyslide version 2.3 comes with Unified UNP, which can basically create any body with an UNP UV map (38 different bodies before custom sliders), with and without HDT and also with 3d privates , aaaand *drummroll* the whole bodymorphing stuff is also available ingame via RaceMenu.

No, i really don't.

UUNP is not UNP (nor is it UNPB or 7B or any of the others), 3D assets made for one does not work for the other, ergo the need for that UNPConvert app in the first place. It is it's own propriatary thing and only works with assets converted to the UUNP format.

You're of course right. I just wanted to stress the notion that the new release of Bodyslide, does in fact contain tools for UNP-derivate users. UNPConvert is actually a part of UUNP (or has been developed together). afer transforming an outfit to the shape you like you can either weight it for UUNP thus making it compatible with close to 40 shapes( x3 since you can chose non-HDT, HDT and HDT+3D privates) or for a single "rue" version of a body.

ofc there's the loss of fidelity/quality associated with the morphing and nothing beats making proper conversions in a real 3D program, but that's the price you pay to cater all those many different forms in one go...

You're of course right. I just wanted to stress the notion that the new release of Bodyslide, does in fact contain tools for UNP-derivate users. UNPConvert is actually a part of UUNP (or has been developed together). afer transforming an outfit to the shape you like you can either weight it for UUNP thus making it compatible with close to 40 shapes( x3 since you can chose non-HDT, HDT and HDT+3D privates) or for a single "rue" version of a body.

ofc there's the loss of fidelity/quality associated with the morphing and nothing beats making proper conversions in a real 3D program, but that's the price you pay to cater all those many different forms in one go...

And i want to stress the notion that saying "Bodyslide now suppports UNP bodies" is not true.

It supports it's own propriatary and incompatible versions of UNP, that users would have to switch to and convert all their installed mods to, which is a lot of work! And by no means the same as having native support for UNP. Rather, it's the same amount of work as migrating your install to any other and completely incompatible body (or rather, it's actually more work, UUNP does not have any real backing by the modding community right now, so endusers will have to do all the conversions themselves, and without aids like the batch-converter that CBBE users can enjoy, since UUNP conversion does not follow standard Bodyslide conversion methods).

But that's how people are selling it, making false blanket statements that "if it supports Bodyslide then it also supports UNP" as if that were a fact. It isen't, and i wish people would stop saying it as they are leading both endusers and content creators astray by doing so.

Those of us not using CBBE have already lost a good few mods to this misinformation, the authors choosing to can any and all support for bodytypes other than CBBE+Bodyslide in the false belief that "Bodyslide means it works for everybody", since that is what they were told by a myriad of people who haven't even attempted to do this themselves (or they would have known it to be false).

I've had to give up on a few mods myself because of this.