SexLab Animation Loader

View File

This mod makes easier register new animations in SexLab Framework.

Several animators on LoversLab have been creating lots of new animation files, but don't have the modding experience necessary to create mods that load them in Skyrim. This mod aims to help solve that problem. Now you can create simple animation packs without needing any modding experience, and then you can use this mod to load them in Skyrim.

Dependencies For Users:

If you just want to load an animation pack that someone else has already built, this is all you need:

Dependencies for Animators:

If you want to build your own animation packs, you will also need:

Installation:

Just install this normally like you would install any other mod. This mod doesn't come with any animations though, so you will likely want to also install some animation packs as well.

Installing animation packs:

Install animation packs just like you would any other mod. (They need to be unpacked and put into your Skyrim data directory.)

Usage:

After installing the mod, open the MCM menu, select the animations you want to register, then click "Register"

Uninstallation:

Rebuild the SexLab animation registry after uninstalling this mod to remove any animations it added.

Upgrade Procedure:

No clean save or special upgrade steps needed. You will generally want to rebuild the SexLab animation registry after upgrading animation packs, to make sure you pick up the new pack data.

Creating animation packs:

Rydin has written up an excellent guide describing how to create animation packs.

The mod itself contains a readme and an example animation pack source file.
Normally you'll want to edit your animation pack source file, then run SLAnimGenerate.py to generate the FNIS lists and the JSON data read by this mod.
You will need to run GenerateFNISforModders.exe if the FNIS lists change.
An example animation pack can be found here.
Additional documentation can be found in the README or in the example source file.

Bugs:

Probably some. Feel free to let me know if you run into anything unusual.

Source:

https://github.com/OsmelMC/SLAnimLoader/

License:

Public domain. Feel free to do whatever you want with this. If Ashal or rydin ever want to include any of this code directly in SexLab or NSAP that would be cool with me.

Credits:

- Orxx, for the original mod

- Andreis, for ported it to SSE

- Ashal, for SexLab
- Earen, for JContainers
- rydin, for writing awesome docs, helping support users, and helping to build packs
- CGi, for the German translation and setting up translation files for other languages
- CPU, for fixing creature races when multiple races are used in an animation
- MadMansGun, for updating the creature races list to match the latest More Nasty Critters release
- All the awesome animators on LL for inspiring Orxx to write the original version of this Mod.
- Probably others that Orxx forgot to mention.

6 minutes ago, urbon said:

So,  sorry my dumb ass. This is an updated and like you said, not need for clean or special steps, just rebuild animation, right? can I easily deleted the latest version? 

Yes is an update. You can delete or overwrite the old version and keep playing as nothing change.

For the common users:

The difference on this version is some speed up on register new animations because the original version was wasting time registering all the animations too times after reset the animation registry and things like that.

But the real deal is for the animation authors that now can do all the things allowed on the SexLab Framework that wasn't being used  because the previous versions of SLAL don't support them (In fact some of them was commented on the scrips by the original author as "TO DO")

Edited by OsmelMC

This version include a better cum description and better "Bed" treatment. Both things available since the SexLab Framework v1.60 for LE, but SLAL doesn't include them so none of the new authors was able to include that on the animations.

I hope this version be popular soon, so the animation author start to use it and new Bed Animations be made as also better cum effects on the old animations. 

the Example.txt could probably use some more info on things, Eg:

like what animvars="AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable" is used for and why it should only be used on actor stage params #1. (leg alignment and fnis optimization related stuff)

and maybe that list of tags i posted somewhere that listed what they are used for.

has the generator's "canine" fnis list problem been fixed yet? it would be nice to have the proper "dog" and "wolf" lists get generated instead of having to copy & rename the invalid "canine" list.

also i'm still a LE modder, is there anything in this that would stop it from working in LE?

5 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

also i'm still a LE modder, is there anything in this that would stop it from working in LE?

Except for the "Furniture" of the AnimOffsets that for now only works with my SLU+ everything else is compatible with the LE version.

Edited by OsmelMC
5 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

has the generator's "canine" fnis list problem been fixed yet? it would be nice to have the proper "dog" and "wolf" lists get generated instead of having to copy & rename the invalid "canine" list.

I don't know, i use your generator as base and did few adjustments but I'm not aware of any canine issue. In fact if canines, dogs and wolf are the same skeleton with different race scale, what's the point.

I will need some details 

Edited by OsmelMC
6 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

I will need some details 

"FNIS_(modnamehere)_canine_List.txt" is not a valid name for the generatefnisformodders.exe because there is no such thing as a "canine behavior",

the correct names are "FNIS_(modnamehere)_dog_List.txt" and "FNIS_(modnamehere)_wolf_List.txt"

the way SLAnimGenerate.pyw is setup does not allow it to make the correctly named files, therefor when you make a animation for them you need to copy, rename and hand edit the txt files to be the right names and to remove any animations that don't belong in one of them. (Eg: fox animations should only be in the wolf behavior file, not the dogs)

6 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

In fact if canines, dogs and wolf are the same skeleton with different race scale, what's the point.

there is more to it than just the skeleton, wolf animations have a extra behavior added to there eyes that moves them forward a bit (that for some annoying reason only activates with stock animations...there is a long backstory about us animators working around it) and dog animations use different ear nodes.

therefor the dog behavior file is not the same as the wolf ( + fox) behavior file.

i use your generator as base

and sadly i am too stupid to know how to fix this problem so it never got fixed.

Edited by MadMansGun
3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

"FNIS_(modnamehere)_canine_List.txt" is not a valid name for the generatefnisformodders.exe because there is no such thing as a "canine behavior",

the correct names are "FNIS_(modnamehere)_dog_List.txt" and "FNIS_(modnamehere)_wolf_List.txt"

the way SLAnimGenerate.pyw is setup does not allow it to make the correctly named files, therefor when you make a animation for them you need to copy, rename and hand edit the txt files to be the right names and to remove any animations that don't belong in one of them. (Eg: fox animations should only be in the wolf behavior file, not the dogs)

there is more to it than just the skeleton, wolf animations have a extra behavior added to there eyes that moves them forward a bit (that for some annoying reason only activates with stock animations...there is a long backstory about us animators working around it) and dog animations use different ear nodes.

therefor the dog behavior file is not the same as the wolf ( + fox) behavior file.

Mmm, definitely need the adjustments. I will do the changes and release a new version in few days. 

25 minutes ago, Parky said:

So this is a update of SLAnimLoader correct?

I believe Osmel regrets uploading this right now.. Yes like the Description pages says, like Osmel himself says right ABOVE your Question. It is an Update.

Edited by Gukahn
6 hours ago, Gukahn said:

I believe Osmel regrets uploading this right now.. Yes like the Description pages says, like Osmel himself says right ABOVE your Question. It is an Update.

The description on the download page is a copy of the original description of the LE version. So isn't personal, at least not yet.

16 hours ago, Gukahn said:

Problem is that in MO2, all I can see is "SLAnimloader" and no other other information. I assumed it was an update but have been mistaken before, so I didn't want to screw up my playthrough that is actually working fine for now. 

On 9/12/2022 at 6:48 PM, Parky said:

Problem is that in MO2, all I can see is "SLAnimloader" and no other other information. I assumed it was an update but have been mistaken before, so I didn't want to screw up my playthrough that is actually working fine for now. 

same issue as well, i waited and nothing loaded ... went back to the original.

on a new game with 1.6 the contents of SL Anim Loader never show up in the MCM. The tab for SL Anim loader is there and i can select it, but there is nothing on its page

edit:

nevermind it just took longer to load the mcm than i remember! i had to wait about 15 seconds, np!

Edited by eicosa
6 hours ago, yencrown12 said:

Updated and working great, just one question any way you might increase animation slot limits?

SLAL only help with the registration of the animations the animation in self and the slot limit depends only of the SexLab Framework.

On 9/10/2022 at 3:24 PM, MadMansGun said:

and sadly i am too stupid to know how to fix this problem so it never got fixed.

This file should do the work but I can't test it and you can do a better test anyway.

Please check if everything is fine with your animations after be updated with this. And of course let me know.

Edited by OsmelMC