6 hours ago, Saya Scarlett said:

Does it check for FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp?

If so, it might not make a different which FPE is used then, as their plugin is named the exact same way.

Only real difference between the two is that Invictus's FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp is flagged as ESM/Master plugin.

As written, DYNBF checks for pregnancy perks exclusive to FPER.  Seems to be simply for the purpose of confirming pregnancy stage in dialogue.  So at worst, in its current state, using original FPE means the pregnancy-related quests/dialogue won't fire.  A future compatibility exercise (if desired by the author) could probably pull this same pregnancy info from original FPE.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:45 AM, ahboy99 said:

might doing non-awkcr for this?

Looks like AWKCR just got added in by reference as a master of Devious Devices.  It can be cleaned from this mod's masters in xEdit.

11 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Having the player consume an item is the correct method.  ? Easily done via script.  You can use Additem and EquipItem with your potion name.  EquipItem will even add the potion to inventory if none is found (although if the potion is found, it will use one from inventory instead without adding a new potion).

Love the mod concept.  I look forward to watching it develop.

that is currently how i have it done with player.additem then player.equipitem

10 hours ago, Black Justicar said:

v 1.0.1 
- Duke is not following 
- Undressing is not working 
- AAF is not working (don't know if it should)
- Keys are not added to inventory 

Something is very wrong with this mod or IDK

this is my first mod ever I am learning how to properly upload as well as bug fixing any problems others have. If their is a way to upload the mod easily without hunting through file explorer to find the 1000 simple scripts i wrote I would love to know if their is a easier method but i am mostly learning as i go. 

6 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

As written, DYNBF checks for pregnancy perks exclusive to FPER.  Seems to be simply for the purpose of confirming pregnancy stage in dialogue.  So at worst, in its current state, using original FPE means the pregnancy-related quests/dialogue won't fire.  A future compatibility exercise (if desired by the author) could probably pull this same pregnancy info from original FPE.

Looks like AWKCR just got added in by reference as a master of Devious Devices.  It can be cleaned from this mod's masters in xEdit.

I did a xEdit clean forgot to do it before uploading. you seem knowledgeable in mods more then me at least I am just creating a .rar file and mimicking all the folders that my mod needs then dropping the files into the folders. Is their a easier way that way i don't forget any file or if I make a change it will carry over easily.

The pregnancy stuff is completely optional I plan on having a system like New Vegas mods where you can turn in puppies to duke at your home. in future plans i stated that i want a quest line where you get to see your first litter grow up and you get to raise them. 

Edited by eidod23
14 minutes ago, eidod23 said:

this is my first mod ever I am learning how to properly upload as well as bug fixing any problems others have. If their is a way to upload the mod easily without hunting through file explorer to find the 1000 simple scripts i wrote I would love to know if their is a easier method but i am mostly learning as i go. 

I didn't see a response on the question so I ask again, are you using ModOrganiser2? Dropping everything manual in your data folder is unmanageable for modding. There is also an option in the Creation Kit to 'pack' a mod. You could try that. But I would suggest using MO2 as it's a requirement in my opinion. 

How I do modding

-Create a empty zip with a folder inside called Data, in that folder create a new folder named scripts. Name the zip file the name of your mod

-Import the mod zip into Mod Organiser and mark it as active

-Start modding, every time I make a custom texture, sound etc I move the folder or content from the 'overwrite' to the folder created by MO in above step. Only move if you don't have the game or Creation Kit running.

-When I'm ready to post, I double check the overwrite folder for anything I've missed and just zip the folder created in step 2.

8 hours ago, eidod23 said:

Is their a easier way that way i don't forget any file or if I make a change it will carry over easily.

When crafting mods, I have always done as naaitsab suggests above: run CK and xEdit through MO2, and migrate new files from the Overwrite folder to my mod folder as I go.  I'd imagine a suitable process exists to do similarly in other mod managers.

Since you still not good at modding, I think it would be wise to put an Alpha/WIP tag to your mod, there are several things that are broken (e.g. Duke doesn't follow you; in several occasions he kept saying that he has a home and gives me the key, this happened almost four times in a row during the same session), so when people see the version 1.0.1, they will assume that your mod is functional with the features already implemented, even if doesn't has all the planned features yet. Making clear that still has issues as yourself have put and is a work in progress, since you don't have much experience in modding as of now, would also avoid people that are not interested in testing a work in progress to download it and getting frustrated, and people that do download the mod, would be more willing to help in a technical level.

Regardless, I do like the idea of the mod a lot. I'll try to test again later to see if I can find any other issue.

I think AAF is not working. That said I'm using patched staged animations (idk if it may affect compatibility). Duke is just stuck in dialog when (I believe) animation should play

ScreenShot111.png.e503a88095498819a50c7b819f330848.png

Aaaand it just stays like this. When I opened AAF overlay it didn't indicate any scene being arranged. Also I didn't manage to get him to follow me. In general it doesn't seem to have follower dialogue options like inventory access? idk. I can't command him in any way, nor get rid of this helmet lol. He just wanders around playground. Any interaction is either text-only or leads to softlocks that make dialogue stuck (I believe it was supposed to play AAF animation but for some reason doesn't).

Also idk just random thought but maybe it'd be good idea to use separate mesh file from standard dogmeat (maybe just deadass copy original meshes so that they're under different paths) so that it's not affected by other dogmeat appearance changing mods like one visible above xD I know many mods don't do that but it's quite meh when you have like 3 mods for dog companions and they all use dogmeat mesh with just different texture so when you have modded dogmeat that doesn't have the same textures they just all look... exactly the same :T

Either way keep going, it reminds me of Fernis mod for Fallout NV which was imho super dope, so I really dig your mod idea as well. Also props for trying, I personally never got past getting script extenders stuff to work with my Creation Kit so I totally understand that it may be hard to troubleshoot mods at early stages xD

Edited by Lapsio
1 hour ago, Lapsio said:

I think AAF is not working. That said I'm using patched staged animations (idk if it may affect compatibility). Duke is just stuck in dialog when (I believe) animation should play

ScreenShot111.png.e503a88095498819a50c7b819f330848.png

Aaaand it just stays like this. When I opened AAF overlay it didn't indicate any scene being arranged. Also I didn't manage to get him to follow me. In general it doesn't seem to have follower dialogue options like inventory access? idk. I can't command him in any way, nor get rid of this helmet lol. He just wanders around playground. Any interaction is either text-only or leads to softlocks that make dialogue stuck (I believe it was supposed to play AAF animation but for some reason doesn't).

Also idk just random thought but maybe it'd be good idea to use separate mesh file from standard dogmeat (maybe just deadass copy original meshes so that they're under different paths) so that it's not affected by other dogmeat appearance changing mods like one visible above xD I know many mods don't do that but it's quite meh when you have like 3 mods for dog companions and they all use dogmeat mesh with just different texture so when you have modded dogmeat that doesn't have the same textures they just all look... exactly the same :T

Either way keep going, it reminds me of Fernis mod for Fallout NV which was imho super dope, so I really dig your mod idea as well. Also props for trying, I personally never got past getting script extenders stuff to work with my Creation Kit so I totally understand that it may be hard to troubleshoot mods at early stages xD

oh dam i didnt know there was mods that changed dogmeats mesh besides floppy ears one. I am using a texture I created for duke i don't know if its translating over and i need to figure out how to swap the mesh as well. so currently i would say the mod conflics with anything that swaps dogmeats meshes since duke uses them.

on Fernis. that is my favorite fallout nv mod and i am inspired by that mod. along with bait from trouble of heroin. I actually wrote most of baits dialog for that mod but was unsatisfied with the options and direction the mod was going in. so i learned how to make the mods. this is extremely new to me and I am excited to be able to build this and finally give back to the LL community.

Nice idea

I noticed that the mod doesn't appeared to packaged correctly, which may be why it is not working for some.

The scripts folder is currently spelt "script" should be "Scripts" (with the 's' on the end).

The scripts folder should be inside the Data folder. Mod managers do correct for this, but better cover all bases.

6 hours ago, qasdf said:

Nice idea

I noticed that the mod doesn't appeared to packaged correctly, which may be why it is not working for some.

The scripts folder is currently spelt "script" should be "Scripts" (with the 's' on the end).

The scripts folder should be inside the Data folder. Mod managers do correct for this, but better cover all bases.

Ah, good spot, once I fixed that, animations work, Duke follows and gives the  key.

The problem I have is once Duke strips Nora as a punishment, I lose all ability to talk to Duke (E key does nothing) and pip-boy no longer works (nor does the M key, so can't use map, equip or un-equip weapons, etc). Also Dukes home no longer has a functioning door, just a wooden panel. Will re-try tomorrow with a fresh start.

21 hours ago, hitmanh said:

Ah, good spot, once I fixed that, animations work, Duke follows and gives the  key.

The problem I have is once Duke strips Nora as a punishment, I lose all ability to talk to Duke (E key does nothing) and pip-boy no longer works (nor does the M key, so can't use map, equip or un-equip weapons, etc). Also Dukes home no longer has a functioning door, just a wooden panel. Will re-try tomorrow with a fresh start.

did u update the mod i fixed that in the last patch

Mod wouldn't work properly until I tweaked it.

Things that need doing...

1. File name needs the version number in the Zip file name.

Duke your New Best Friend v1.0.1

2. Spelling mistake... Script folder name should be Scripts

Scripts

3. Wrong Zip file structure.

Duke your New Best Friend v1.0.1

Duke your New Best Freind.esp

Scripts        ( folder )

Materials    ( folder )

4. Minor spelling mistake... Spelling of freind is wrong, Friend is correct spelling.

Great mod, it has a lot of potential. I reckon Duke should not be able to be dismissed, I don't know if he can be dismissed. :)

Problems... Pipboy un=equipping when being stripped of clothes by Duke...

Devious Devices not equipping... saying can't equip item. It could be a problem on my end though...

Devious Devices being un-equipped when Duke strips Nora.

I don't know if it's meant to happen, I'm using my Bat Pipboy, bat file I always use, to re-equip my Pipboy again.

If it's not a feature, maybe you could add Pipboy, and Devious Devices to the exclusions of things that don't get unequipped.

Edited by Krazyone
3 hours ago, Sweettits said:

I can not get Duke to follow me at all. He will talk, but he just sits there on the ground. Any ideas on whats up?

Try my tweaks to the mod about 7 posts up, I had the same problem. Now it works brilliantly...

Edited by Krazyone