7 hours ago, iiToast said:

Where is home that Duke mentions? I can't find it

i need to figure out how to mark the door I dont know how. but a quest should trigger when he talks about it

After trying the tweaks Krayzone reccomended I was able to get duke to follow me, but Duke doesn't talk at all, I get some dialogue options but mostly the regular dogmeat ones like "hey boy can you fetch me something" or "hey boy can you do a trick". Are you required to be a female PC?

After following Krayzone packaging fixes mod in general works for me, including AAF and it's quite cool. However some dialogs make my game softlock permanently. Eg. choosing "we need to talk about us" and then "acually nevermind" to which Duke responds "I hope what you wanted to say wasn't important" and then dialogue softlocks. The same happens when I choose "who's a good boy" to which duke responds "me!" and dialogue also softlocks, never proceeding. I'm not sure if some scripts are missings or some animations but considering that before applying Krayzone changes the same happened also to other dialogues I believe it could be some scripts / files still missing from mod archive.

4 hours ago, Lapsio said:

After following Krayzone packaging fixes mod in general works for me, including AAF and it's quite cool. However some dialogs make my game softlock permanently. Eg. choosing "we need to talk about us" and then "acually nevermind" to which Duke responds "I hope what you wanted to say wasn't important" and then dialogue softlocks. The same happens when I choose "who's a good boy" to which duke responds "me!" and dialogue also softlocks, never proceeding. I'm not sure if some scripts are missings or some animations but considering that before applying Krayzone changes the same happened also to other dialogues I believe it could be some scripts / files still missing from mod archive.

So whos a good boy is just end. I wanted the ability to say nice things to duke but couldnt think of anything lewd after that.  but the nevermind should send u back to the menu I will have to look into why that happened. 

sorry for not updating anything for a week I have been busy with IRL stuff. I will be updating everything soon

On 3/27/2022 at 12:35 AM, Krazyone said:

Mod wouldn't work properly until I tweaked it.

Things that need doing...

1. File name needs the version number in the Zip file name.

Duke your New Best Friend v1.0.1

2. Spelling mistake... Script folder name should be Scripts

Scripts

3. Wrong Zip file structure.

Duke your New Best Friend v1.0.1

Duke your New Best Freind.esp

Scripts        ( folder )

Materials    ( folder )

4. Minor spelling mistake... Spelling of freind is wrong, Friend is correct spelling.

Great mod, it has a lot of potential. I reckon Duke should not be able to be dismissed, I don't know if he can be dismissed. :)

Thanks for posting this got the mod to work . that seem to be the only issue is the name to Scripts and the fact the ESP was not in the same folder as them. now i can test this mod out .

2 hours ago, scytheforlife said:

Mod looks interesting but needs alot of work. Cant get duke to follow me among the other issues users have mentioned

You and @TheeFranklinator need to follow @Krazyone instruction - take the manual download - unzip - rename script to scripts - move the scripts under the data folder then re-zip.  The mod author hasn't updated to fix this so we have and it works fine.

John

3 hours ago, Lenore said:

Is it normal to lose my pip boy? How do I get it back?

I lose my PipBoy to mods a lot... I just made myself a Bat File to get it back, or you can just use the console command.

There's a pre-made Bat File on the Nexus, not mine. I found it with a quick search just now.

Both ways do do it...

Console Command...

1. Open Console Commands

UK.. @ button, 2 buttons right of the L button

US... ¬ button, left of the 1 button

2. player.equipitem 00021b3b

Or... if you want to use a Bat Text File... which is just a small text file, with the above command.

1. Download PipBoy.bat from the Nexus

2. Open the Zip File and drop it into STEAM\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

3. Play your game, and open the Console Command screen and type: Bat Pipboy

If you're playing in Survival Mode... you can re-enable Console Commands with the Nexus mod. 

Console Enabled in Survival Mode

Edited by Krazyone
16 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

I lose my PipBoy to mods a lot... I just made myself a Bat File to get it back, or you can just use the console command.

There's a pre-made Bat File on the Nexus, not mine. I found it with a quick search just now.

Both ways do do it...

Console Command...

1. Open Console Commands

UK.. @ button, 2 buttons right of the L button

US... ¬ button, left of the 1 button

2. player.equipitem 00021b3b

Or... if you want to use a Bat Text File... which is just a small text file, with the above command.

1. Download PipBoy.bat from the Nexus

2. Open the Zip File and drop it into STEAM\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

3. Play your game, and open the Console Command screen and type: Bat Pipboy

If you're playing in Survival Mode... you can re-enable Console Commands with the Nexus mod. 

Console Enabled in Survival Mode

Ohhh thank you! :D

6 hours ago, horny basterd said:

Duke won’t follow me but I read that it was fixed did I do something wrong?

No it has not been fixed in official release. You gotta scroll through thread and find post by Krazyone that tells how to rename files and folders and repack zip to make it work. Then It'll work just fine. Basically mod archive has wrong directory names and has to be repacked. That's why scripts don't work without this fix.

Edited by Lapsio
On 4/18/2022 at 5:02 PM, Lapsio said:

No it has not been fixed in official release. You gotta scroll through thread and find post by Krazyone that tells how to rename files and folders and repack zip to make it work. Then It'll work just fine. Basically mod archive has wrong directory names and has to be repacked. That's why scripts don't work without this fix.

i kinda new to moding how do i un zip the mod?

Loving the concept of the mod and how it’s coming along. After the tweaks from

above, seemed to be working mostly as intended. However, first play-through I didn’t have any issues with getting into the door to Duke’s home. After realizing F4z Ro Doh was causing my player dialogue to not appear in subtitles, I removed this mod (plus Scrap Everything due to a conflict with another mod) and had to start a new game. 

Dialogue all works fine now and everything seemed to be working okay, however, after getting the key, it doesn’t allow me to go through the door. It isn’t even showing the option to, and just shows an empty wooden panel. Not sure if it is due to a level dependency, relationship with Duke, or what, but it’s a bit frustrating as I’m not sure what I did differently. 

Has anyone been able to figure out a fix for the door or why it would be doing this?

sorry for the wait I am back to working on the mod. I had my finals for collage so I couldn't work on it for a couple weeks. Regarding the piss play complaint. I am learning how to have mcm and I will put a option to turn it off. I want to add content every update so its not just bug fixes. I want yall to be excited when you see this mod is updated. I will also do the fixes that Krayzone told when updating the mod. So the official version will just work. 

one of the biggest bottle necks for adding new content is idea's. I don't write a script for what happens its more what would sound hot. I want to add a storyline involving a raider settlement once dukes open world and home sandbox AI is done and bug free. but if yall have any idea's for what duke could say to the player i would love to hear them. just remember duke doesn't want the player to sleep around he wants her all to himself

regarding the pipboy being removed I don't know why it would do that as I use the command unequipAll() to get the player naked. I don't have the problem myself and most likely is a mod that bugs out the pipboy showing it in the inventory. if someone knows a better command to remove the players clothes I would love to here it. 

if i cant figure out how to create a mcm page properly I will just make a dialog option to disable piss play similar to how you can disable random dialog.

I want to create a punishment for not doing what duke tell you to mainly not going home when duke tell you to. does anyone know a way to keep the player near duke while he walks home. I know skyrim has the shock thing with SD+ I want something like that or just a leash that forces the player to follow. 
if I cant think of anything I will just have duke stack debuffs on the player till they gets home. any idea's on how duke could debuff the player?

Edited by eidod23