Just posted this to someone in tech support, but it ought to be here too:

In Tryouts-Working-Girl, Jacobstown and Repconn pay you based on your prostitution level, which should be 1-5.

However, you don't get level 1 until (I think) you volunteer for James Garret at the Atomic Wrangler.

So, your prostitution level is 0 and you don't get properly paid by Jacobstown or Repconn (you can get a couple of caps but nothing else)

(I noticed this a while back with the SCR stable version, so apologies if its been mentioned/fixed already

Just curious. How does one get enslaved by the legion?

Backtalk legionaires or marissa.

So.. safe to say I have to be on their good side.

Yes.. if you're kill on sight, you can wait until you have caesar's token. If you already have it and have really upset them, then you'll have to do missions for them to try and raise your standing -- or reload/restart.

Or you can use the real secret and use the Sunny companion esp Prideslayer included in the pack.

I have SexoutTryoutBeta - 20130905.fomod downloaded from the op installed with Nexus manager. It didn't install anything of the sort. What is this pack and where is it hiding?

/edit/ I've opened the fomod in 7zip and I see the Sunny folder now, but it wasn't installed by the Nexus manager. It just installed the tryout plugins and subfolders. That's probably why so many people earlier in this thread are having trouble.

To be fair, the installer (even in FOMM) isn't very clear on the Sunny thing. It has an option to install "Sunny Outfits" under the Compatibility section, and the description of that option does indicate that you need to have Sunny installed separately. But if you choose it, it does install SunnyCompanion.esp (Pride's reworked version).

If one were to not notice that little tidbit, they might then install SunnyCompanion from another source (Loogie's or the original), which will then completely fail to work with the included quests etc.

Can't really blame users for that one, since even the installer is deceptive on that point. NMM vs FOMM makes no difference in this particular case.

--

On a related note, the Sunny-PG quest comes up even if no SunnyCompanion is installed, leaving users with an un-winnable quest entry.

NMM makes me feel all skeezy anyway. I feel like I'm being watched.

Unfortunately, as you say, I'm sure its use will only increase, especially since it's THE (only?) installer for Skyrim.

edit: I still maintain that Wrye Bash/Flash is the best for 90% of stuff. FOMM is right up there though. :P

Honestly, it's idiotic. NMM isn't nearly as bad as it was (I, too, use it for Skyrim) but the backwards compatability breaking is pure stupidity. The more compatabile with fomods it is, the more people will switch to it rather than using FOMM, OBMM, whatever -- and thus the more people there will be to pay for the 'premium' mode in NMM.

I personally never really liked NMM. I used it for a while,... a while back but never really felt comfortable with it.

I doubt that NMM is their only problem. They need to get their servers in order before they can even begin to expect people to pay for the 'premium" mode.

I do need to start getting comfortable with Wyre Bash. It is always good to have choices and alternatives.

Honestly, it's idiotic. NMM isn't nearly as bad as it was (I, too, use it for Skyrim) but the backwards compatability breaking is pure stupidity. The more compatabile with fomods it is, the more people will switch to it rather than using FOMM, OBMM, whatever -- and thus the more people there will be to pay for the 'premium' mode in NMM.

I have Oblivion, FO3, FONV and Skyrim on this laptop, and I use OBMM, FOMM 0.12, FOMM 0.13 and NMM respectively. Pain in the ass, but it's the only way I could get everything working...

You can try FOMM 0.14, my custom build, in (non-adult) FO downloads for FO3 and FONV. I use it for FONV, haven't played FO3 since creating it, but if there are problems let me know what they are and I'll see what I can do. I made the new version simply to disable the update check that was crashing FOMM, and to put an error catcher with nice message and instructions in for when NMM screws up the FOMM XML file.

Heads up -- new Beta tomorrow

For those of you who haven't noticed, I'm in the process of retiring SSR. A new beta of tryouts will be out tomorrow that requires neither the SSR or SCR ESMs -- only, for now, the SCR datapack. Removing this requirement from tryouts is going to introduce some minor but possibly annoying or surprising behavior to players and modders alike. Since I know this going in, here's a list of the things I know are going to be affected.

• Pregnancy will not work 'correctly' for the slave outfits in tryouts, since they are no longer the pregnancy-enabled SCR versions. This is no different from how the beta works now with SSR though, since pregnancy does not work with it either.
  • Same goes for clothing eval. However, the new (duplicated) items can be handled in eval without a lot of effort I think.
  • Same goes for the store and the dildos/plugs Tryouts uses. This is much less of a problem and may at worst mean temporarily duplicated items in inventory. You may end up with a dildo from the store, and an identical one with the same name but a different ID from tryouts. Tryouts though usually removes the ones it adds when it's done.
  • External mods will no longer be able to determine if a working girl is working, since the iWhoreMode var (and related vars) are now internal to working girl. This will change once I've finished the NX changes to support NX vars in dialog conditionals.
That's everything that comes to mind.

At some future point, tryouts may again have SCR as a requirement, but that isn't likely to happen for several weeks in a best case scenario. If and when it does, the item and clothing issues will go away, and by then, the vars that need exposed will be exposed through NX anyway.

I only have two more changes to make and then I'm done (all tryouts are done except two records in WG) but I'm simply too tired to finish tonight, thanks to not sleeping worth a damn last night. TTFN.

New BETA in OP

The new beta of Tryouts is up. This one has no real functional changes, it simply removes SSR as a dependency, and has a few changes to the fomod XML file. The FOMOD is modified to go in two steps now, as this was the quickest way I found to force Slavery and Legion to be installed. I tried some tricks to get the load order for them right, but I just don't think this is possible using the XML format, so I will change it to a C# script later on. Also, I changed the name of the sunny companion section to be more informative.

I will update the OP with the Sunny information in a moment, since I forgot to do so when updating it to put up the new file.

Note that neither SCR nor SSR is required for any of the Tryouts mods to work now. The SCR Datapack is still required however, as I have not yet copied the required meshes and textures back into Tryouts.

I would start by disabling any other mods that affect NCRCF. The yard is pretty barren to start with, if yours is well populated, it's some other mod adding those PG -- and it is probably the one to blame for their disappearance. Repopulated wasteland works fairly well for some people with tryouts, and I believe adds more PG to NCRCF.

I would also try sleeping indoors rather than outdoors if you can. This will ensure that 'stuff' is not happening in the outdoor cell while you're asleep, giving the cell a chance to reload to normal when you go outside and hit the loading screen.

Thanks, Prideslayer, for replying.

Without Breeder, the yard was pretty barren in the beginning, as I expected it to be (but not NEARLY as barren as it got!); but, I had slept on the mattress up in the guard tower-- an habit I just got into when I'd tried the HPT mod long ago.  I can try sleeping in one of the cell blocks, instead.

As an aside, another issue that always seems to come up, especially in the cell with Carter; but, I've noticed eventually spread through the entire population in every game I've ever played without using Breeder, is a condition in which, following the sex animation, the prisoner 'toon will just freeze in place.  If I leave the cell and re-enter, any frozen 'toons will simply be gone.  As an experiment, in the game I was playing, I tried interacting with Carter, first, and that caused both 'toons to do it; but, if I interacted with his cellmate, first, only he froze/disappeared, and Carter was unaffected for the duration of my game (which was, admittedly, rather short, since I got pissed off not long after the yard was empty).  

I don't know if this information helps in any way; I hope it does.   I'm just passing along observations, since I don't know how to program this stuff.

* I don't know that Breeder is the reason that the mod behaves more stably; I stay in the prison until I pick up the perks, and I can pick them up faster when there are more Powdergangers around-- even when slowing down for the considerations of the Wear and Tear mod, which I think makes for a more realistic take on the situation.  Consequently, the program may just not "age" to the point at which it gets cancer and succumbs.  Just a theory.

** Oh, and, I was wondering: the size of the Beta is considerably smaller than the release version.  I would expect it simply to take the place of the release version; but, since it's supposed to be adding functionality, and is actually a smaller file, I'm wondering if it might not supposed to be installed on top..?  Since I'm unsure, I'm just staying away; but, if I can help out as a test dummy, I'm basically helpful, even if, around this stuff, I'm a dummy.

I don't know what to say about the breeder interaction. My best suggestion is to just cut back on the mods in general until you find the one causing the problem. Anything else is just guessing.

The beta and release are never installed together unless the instructions say to do so.. and they don't. ;) SexoutNG works that way, but not Tryouts.

Size different is probably just a difference in 7z options during creation. Uncompressed both are about the same size.

I just downloaded and activated the latest beta.

There still seems to be an issue with the Powder Gangers Vault 19

quest; specifically Vault 19 is completely empty of NPC's except for Epstein

and one customer hiding out in the sex dungeon. There also appears to

be a problem with the room itself; one side of the room disappears if

you stand in certain spots and you see only the brown void that appears

outside a cell/off the map.

The quest marker seems to indicate Epstein would be in the cafeteria,

but of course he is elsewhere in the dungeon.

Thanks for all your hard work.