Conditional Expressions Extended

Initially the mod worked, now for some reason my character expression won't update, I have to equip/unequip some item for the expression to update. For example when I equip a DD gag, I can see in console that my character phenome is such that she should open her month, however the change only actually applies to her face when I unequip/equip something

On 11/22/2021 at 4:43 AM, FredOof said:

Initially the mod worked, now for some reason my character expression won't update, I have to equip/unequip some item for the expression to update. For example when I equip a DD gag, I can see in console that my character phenome is such that she should open her month, however the change only actually applies to her face when I unequip/equip something

If mfg itself glitches try showracemenu and change race back and forth. Sometimes helps. 

Update/restart button removes and adds spell(probably won't help with mfg issues) 

Also update to the recent version. I'm constantly optimizing magic effects. 

3 hours ago, crajjjj said:

If mfg itself glitches try showracemenu and change race back and forth. Sometimes helps. 

Update/restart button removes and adds spell(probably won't help with mfg issues) 

Also update to the recent version. I'm constantly optimizing magic effects. 

I tried everything you said and it didn't work. I then reverted to an older save (just by 10 minutes or so of progress), I have now played another few hours on that save and the issue has not appeared again, it's really weird.

4 hours ago, FredOof said:

I tried everything you said and it didn't work. I then reverted to an older save (just by 10 minutes or so of progress), I have now played another few hours on that save and the issue has not appeared again, it's really weird.

Skyrim is buggy.

I had similar issues some time ago with the original mod - mfg info was showing the changes (mod works) but the face was frozen. Maybe makes sense to report on the mfgfix page 

On 11/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, crajjjj said:

PC only -like the original one. For NPCs it would be quite script heavy

Is there any chance there could be a follower-only version?  I get that enabling all NPCs would be taxing, but what about a couple followers?

• 2 weeks later...

Heya - so I'm in the middle of a playthrough and I noticed that conditional face expressions no longer trigger. Nor do sex expressions either.

I'm not sure what the culprit may be, but if anyone has suggestions for how to try to reactivate face expressions some how I'd be much obliged :)

32 minutes ago, Anunya said:

Heya - so I'm in the middle of a playthrough and I noticed that conditional face expressions no longer trigger. Nor do sex expressions either.

I'm not sure what the culprit may be, but if anyone has suggestions for how to try to reactivate face expressions some how I'd be much obliged :)

... to answer my own question - looks like if I open racemenu facial expressions come back.

I have no idea why it happened (it affected SL facial expressions, blinking, and these ambient expressions), but the fix is relatively easy so that's good.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:00 AM, VRNord said:

Is there any chance there could be a follower-only version?  I get that enabling all NPCs would be taxing, but what about a couple followers?

In short it's possible but quite complicated. It'll require to add new not pc centered magic effects. But the most difficult thing is to track when follower is added or removed so will become some sort of registered actors mcm in the end I believe... Maybe in the future.. 

On 12/8/2021 at 5:57 AM, crajjjj said:

In short it's possible but quite complicated. It'll require to add new not pc centered magic effects. But the most difficult thing is to track when follower is added or removed so will become some sort of registered actors mcm in the end I believe... Maybe in the future.. 

Would Spell Perk Item Distributor be a solution?  It dynamically adds spells to specified NPCs every time you load a save, and you can use Factions to filter who does or does not get the spells.  So you tell it to only distribute the spell to the Follower faction and then don't have to worry about anything else.

2 hours ago, VRNord said:

Would Spell Perk Item Distributor be a solution?  It dynamically adds spells to specified NPCs every time you load a save, and you can use Factions to filter who does or does not get the spells.  So you tell it to only distribute the spell to the Follower faction and then don't have to worry about anything else.

not all followers use the Current Follower Faction sadly. 
COuld be solved by a crosshair selection feature that allows to manually add certain NPC "as followers" to the selection

• 2 weeks later...