Conditional Expressions Extended

21 hours ago, Andukar said:

Broken mod, face when aroused is reset to default settings  for some seconds.

Included only conditional expressions and conditional-expressions extended which rewrite it.

Check 1.2.4. It introduces smooth transitions. Emotions are cyclic

can't get the MCM menu to actually show up. it says [CondExpi]: MCM Menu initialized and MCM: 1 new menu(s) installed. but it's not there, MCMkicker or not. i put the esp first after the esms, same result.

and an unconnected question: random expressions has a version (baka) that includes followers. possible in yours, too?

4 hours ago, snottily said:

can't get the MCM menu to actually show up. it says [CondExpi]: MCM Menu initialized and MCM: 1 new menu(s) installed. but it's not there, MCMkicker or not. i put the esp first after the esms, same result.

and an unconnected question: random expressions has a version (baka) that includes followers. possible in yours, too?

MCM fixed.

followers - maybe in the future

Thank you for continuing to maintain and expand this mod! While I was writing the latest chapter of my blog I noticed my character's lip kept quivering, and I think it was because I was running a much older (1.1) version of this mod and it was 'fighting' with the Toys framework in terms of which expression to show. All updated now, looking forward to the new features. 

While I'm already quite satisfied with the mod in its current form, allow me to echo @snottily in saying follower support would be delightful. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one to see how it develops :)

7 hours ago, gregaaz said:

it was 'fighting' with the Toys framework in terms of which expression to show

Note that if needed, maybe to test, Toys MCM has a chance slider for Expressions. Setting that to zero allows you to see things work when Toys does no expressions (except gag mouth).

Also in situations which I've never been able to pin-point, sexlab somehow breaks expressions, sometimes. They stop working, then randomly work again. The next version of Toys does expressions on its own instead of via sexlab. This has corrected that problem for what Toys does. It has allowed me to confirm that the issue is almost certainly sexlab, and not MfgFix.

On 11/13/2021 at 11:47 AM, crajjjj said:

if that's a scene protected by dhlp event than yes, if just a wearable probably no for now - but this is doable imo. I don't have a lot of dd exp though - need some help how to identify gag wearables

Toys Framework needs the same (you were replying to a request to not override DD gag mouth).

Toys does send dhlp, so this would make Toys happy during scenes, but most of the time when a gag is worn, there is no scene.

All you need to do is check for ToysEffect_MouthOpen keyword. You can check without hard or even soft dependency.

Edited by VirginMarie
On 1/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, gregaaz said:

Thank you for continuing to maintain and expand this mod! While I was writing the latest chapter of my blog I noticed my character's lip kept quivering, and I think it was because I was running a much older (1.1) version of this mod and it was 'fighting' with the Toys framework in terms of which expression to show. All updated now, looking forward to the new features. 

While I'm already quite satisfied with the mod in its current form, allow me to echo @snottily in saying follower support would be delightful. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one to see how it develops :)

Added support for ToysEffect_MouthOpen keyword. Please test 

Edited by crajjjj
On 1/11/2022 at 11:33 PM, crajjjj said:

it's quite complicated - random emotions (which you probably meant) has one thread/script to handle random changes and is constantly looping and calling mfg.
This mod has 16 conditional scripts/threads + handles interruptions from other mods + has emotion sets ( not just 1-2 modifiers for random emotion)

BTW If you disable everything and leave random emotions enabled in this mod you'll get similar smooth behavior.

I will look into smoothing the transitions though and maybe making intervals smaller 

Ahh, I see.

And there is no way to combine this into one parent thread/script that does the interval?

Or is that just not possible / extremely complicated with Papyrus?

I'm a programmer myself, but I've got only limited knowledge on how Papyrus works - knowing Bethesdas way of bugging everything to death it's probably not very good :P

Cheers

6 hours ago, King-Crimson said:

Ahh, I see.

And there is no way to combine this into one parent thread/script that does the interval?

Or is that just not possible / extremely complicated with Papyrus?

I'm a programmer myself, but I've got only limited knowledge on how Papyrus works - knowing Bethesdas way of bugging everything to death it's probably not very good :P

Cheers

I actually like how it works now after smoothing transitions. 

One thread is not good enough for rapid emotions like pain, fatigue etc which have priority over long running emotions. 

For "long running" emotions like dirty, arousal, trauma and cold there's already a single thread for querying dependencies. 

If all good for character she will do lots of random emotions like smiling, looking from side to side etc. 

BTW after looking at random emotions follower support approach, it seems like there's a relatively simple way to do followers here too with the "single thread way". I'll look into it when there's some free time. 

Hi, thank you for the mod. is the aroused expressions supposed to be smiling? I think it would be more fitting if it looked more like a craving expression looking for release. idk how to describe it, maybe like thirsty one? the current expressions looks more like a post orgasm to me.  

19 minutes ago, kamilloxo said:

Hi, thank you for the mod. is the aroused expressions supposed to be smiling? I think it would be more fitting if it looked more like a craving expression looking for release. idk how to describe it, maybe like thirsty one? the current expressions looks more like a post orgasm to me.  

here - you can describe it with mfg commands https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=german&id=187155077

I'll consider adding them 

Is this compatible with the high poly head mod? I've read the compatibility post and some requirements for the mod are compatible, but high poly head is not on the list. Also I have already installed this mod and when my character changes expresions, the face flickers a bit, the textures disappear and then when the expression is completed the errors disappear and everything looks fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 1:13 AM, Lolward said:

Is this compatible with the high poly head mod? I've read the compatibility post and some requirements for the mod are compatible, but high poly head is not on the list. Also I have already installed this mod and when my character changes expresions, the face flickers a bit, the textures disappear and then when the expression is completed the errors disappear and everything looks fine.

I have high poly head and use this mod and don't have any flickering problem like this. Maybe some of the expressions don't look like they are supposed to but I haven't see them on a normal character so I don't know. I feel like with high poly head the mfg expressions look more subtle than on the normal head? Or maybe it's the combo of high poly head and expressive facial morphs, I dunno.

4 hours ago, rhino_4 said:

Does this require a new game to update?

Update from what version? Plugin updates are not breaking so far. 

For initial upgrade from plain conditional expressions mod it's recommended. At least make sure that cold expressions are disabled and not active. 

6 hours ago, crajjjj said:

Update from what version? Plugin updates are not breaking so far. 

For initial upgrade from plain conditional expressions mod it's recommended. At least make sure that cold expressions are disabled and not active. 

Sorry, I meant do you need a new start when upgrading from a previous version of this mod.

8 hours ago, rhino_4 said:

Sorry, I meant do you need a new start when upgrading from a previous version of this mod.

I'm using semantic versioning approach. Second and third digit change in version do not require a new save. (e.g only going from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0 will require a new save) 

• 2 weeks later...

I take it this probably conflicts with the ASA patch for Ahegao. It's embedded in the thread, since the original author is MIA.

The patch removes the need to overwrite SexLab scripts, however it requires disabling Expression and LipSync in SexLab. I assume this would break Conditional Expressions Extended?

I prefer using the patched version because I would rather not have modified SexLab scripts in my install.

Edited by Beef Cheeks
On 2/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, Beef Cheeks said:

I take it this probably conflicts with the ASA patch for Ahegao. It's embedded in the thread, since the original author is MIA.

The patch removes the need to overwrite SexLab scripts, however it requires disabling Expression and LipSync in SexLab. I assume this would break Conditional Expressions Extended?

I prefer using the patched version because I would rather not have modified SexLab scripts in my install.

It won't. This one is disabled during sl scenes completely. 

• 1 month later...

I've recompiled BWA for SE (patched for conditional expressions - enable in BWA MCM) and tested with Conditional expressions. Looks fine so far. Could someone doublecheck please? (tested with NPCs disabled and expressions enabled)

Edited by crajjjj