Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

The LL version actually has color coordination depending on status. If you are missing something it will show you. It is a pretty useful update. There is a 32 bit version for those that use MO and a 64bit one that works great with TTW ;).  Might be better to download this version ;). Be lazy with some other mods and tools.  :P

Yeah, i need to remind myself from time to time that the Nexus isn't the only place on the internet where you can find mods, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

There must be more to the story. I found the nexus one while checking out TTW, where they suggest it as the best option. From there, I followed the link to the github project where I saw that prideslayer was involved, which led me here. And the date that it was posted in nexus was around the time that the same number version was posted here.

There must be more to the story. I found the nexus one while checking out TTW, where they suggest it as the best option. From there, I followed the link to the github project where I saw that prideslayer was involved, which led me here. And the date that it was posted in nexus was around the time that the same number version was posted here.

The version that is here is verified by many modders and users here to be fully functional with TTW. Feel free to use the Nexus one if you want. Both should install TTW fine.

Changing topic.

I just found that if you install a NVSE plugin which is in a .7z file which doesn't contain an installation script, FOMM dumps all the contents straight into Data\ (unike NMM). This would be only a minor nuisanse if you were always alert to check if the file went to the right place, assuming you knew the right place,

At first I though "security" (dll files etc), but after a few innocent tests, I think the problem is that FOMM doesn't know about NVSE's file paths and disregards them in the same way it disregards any folder name that you may have before Data.

I just found that if you install a NVSE plugin which is in a .7z file which doesn't contain an installation script, FOMM dumps all the contents straight into Data\ (unike NMM). This would be only a minor nuisanse if you were always alert to check if the file went to the right place, assuming you knew the right place,

FOMM and Mod Organizer only install into the Data folder. Mod managers in general cannot be fully trusted to install anything outside of the data folder without verification if you run into a problem. (on a side note I didn't even know that NMM loaded it correctly through script. ). You are safe with installing mods using any mod manager if you expect them to install into the Data folder if you need anything else installed elsewhere. you have to verify and many times install those parts manually if you want to use a mod manager to install. Similar with MO and SKSE. You split the data folder from the rest of the files (those that go in to the main folder) and then install the data folder through MO and the other files manually.

At first I though "security" (dll files etc), but after a few innocent tests, I think the problem is that FOMM doesn't know about NVSE's file paths and disregards them in the same way it disregards any folder name that you may have before Data.

Yep.. functioning as intended. Mod managers install to the data folder and will ignore or even mess up the installation (depending on the manager) any thing in a path before the "data" folder. Everything outside of the data folder is traditionally installed manually.

"Mr Alien" needs to get back to Sexout :P

FOMM and Mod Organizer only install into the Data folder. 

I think the problem is that FOMM doesn't know about NVSE's file paths and disregards them in the same way it disregards any folder name that you may have before Data.

Yep.. functioning as intended. Mod managers install to the data folder and will ignore or even mess up the installation (depending on the manager) any thing in a path before the "data" folder.

Mr. Alien, NVSE plugins are located within data/nvse/plugins.

Not sure about anyone else but I never install a nvse plugin with a mod installer.  Manual install is the only way I do it to make sure it is installed correctly.

It is the way it was done before Pride's new changes to FOMM and packing it up for his manager. It should work since he distributes it as a FMOD for his version of FOMM. If it isn't working now with Pride's version of FOMM it is a concern.

No that works fine, I just refuse to install any nvse/skse plugins with an installer.  I grab NX and take the plugin from the zip folder to my plugins folder.

I used to do that until I realized once that NMM could do it reliably. The point is that when you install/uninstall and try out a lot, it is good to get rid of exceptional cases and have an overview in a single place.

If you have such an option, of course.

wow, so you have other means of sorting mods implemented to FOMM that are superioir to BOSS and any thoer so there is no need to use those anymore?

aer they implemwented in the install or are they  to be isntalled seperetately?

Not sure if "sorting" is the right word in this case. Maybe "sorting out". NVSE plugins don't need to be put in the right order by BOSS or LOOT like the esp and esm files, they only need to be put in the right folder.

Also, what do you mean "other means"? Was  it about something said in this discussion?

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting a weirdly...lazy, for lack of a better word, error message.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

post-46305-0-69573200-1443492459_thumb.jpg

The fuck? I get this for any mod that replaces existing content, up to and including menus. As I'm rebuilding my game from scratch, this means I can't install UI mods like DarnUI or MCM.

I am getting a weirdly...lazy, for lack of a better word, error message.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

attachicon.gifThe File Exists.jpg

The fuck? I get this for any mod that replaces existing content, up to and including menus. As I'm rebuilding my game from scratch, this means I can't install UI mods like DarnUI or MCM.

This error means your temp folder is full...

Look here for a good answer.

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/problem-occurred-during-install-file-exists-error-message

• 3 weeks later...

New weird bug. For some reason there's an .ini file that installs in a temp folder, so if you run a program like CCleaner that deletes all temp files FOMM breaks and has to be reinstalled. I'd need to run CCleaner again and re-break it to get the error and the exact file path. On the bright side it's an easy fix, as all you have to do is run the installer again with no changes to any files.

New weird bug. For some reason there's an .ini file that installs in a temp folder, so if you run a program like CCleaner that deletes all temp files FOMM breaks and has to be reinstalled. I'd need to run CCleaner again and re-break it to get the error and the exact file path. On the bright side it's an easy fix, as all you have to do is run the installer again with no changes to any files.

Open CCleaner > go to "Options" > "Exclude" > "Add" > select file or folder radio > navigate to the offending file (from FOMM) > add it to the exclude and CCleaner shouldn't delete that file again. Haven't tried it but will shortly because of a very badly coded program has dropped ini logs that aren't transferred when you create a new user account. This should work. You can do the same if you want to clean out specific files completely as well that aren't part of CCleaner's normal file cleaning process.

Anyway that should solve any FOMM related problems you are having without having to reinstall the program each time you run CCleaner.