Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

NEVER RUN FOMM AS ADMINISTRATOR. NEVER EVER.

This is to protect you from MY bugs. If you EVER run it as administrator, you must then:

1. ALWAYS run it as administrator. A fucking terrible idea.

or

2. Fix the file permissions (or delete) for everything in the FOMM mod tracking dir, "c:\games\falloutnv" by default.

32bit vs anycpu, what gives?!

The 32bit only version is no longer maintained. The anycpu version will run as a 32bit program on 32bit windows, and a 64bit program on 64bit windows. The 32bit version here is only for people who have trouble using the anycpu version -- such as people using MO alongside FOMM.

WEIRD FILE ERRORS? TRY CLEANING YOUR WINDOWS TEMP DIR(S) BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP.

FOMM v0.14.11.13

Attached is our custom build of FOMM. At present it has a few new features, but is mostly bug fixes, when compared to the last official release. See the release history below for full details.

Features (compared to 'official' release). New features this release are yellow.

• ShaderDisasm support removed (does not work in 64bit)
  • FNV4GB support built in (thanks niv!)
  • Built for "any cpu". 7z 64bit DLL included.
  • No more "make copy" dialog -- this is always done
  • Installer now reports full version in add/remove programs
  • No more file renaming chopping off versions.
  • Version sanity check
  • Stack overflow fix
  • .Net 4.0 required
  • BOSS masterlist location update
  • Prelaunch check fix
  • InstallLog.xml "downgrade" support to undo NMM changes.
  • IA32 build. This will help bring any big-memory issues to light quickly.
  • 4th version # showing in title. This is 0.14.9.3. Previously 4th digit was hardcoded to 0.
  • Large archive support in x32
  • "Yes to mod" and "No to mod" support
  • Redesigned 'overwrite' window to not resize and move around.
  • Colorization in Fallout3 now working
  • BOSS report (and sorting?) now works.
  • Removed the messages at startup asking if you want to enable update checks since they were just lies.
  • Plugin list now colorized. Red for mods with missing masters, orange for required masters present but disabled, brown for incorrect load order. FOMM will still refuse to launch the game in all of these cases.
  • Removed code that closed FOMM upon launch. Will now stay open throughout game.
  • All "update check" stuff removed.
  • Detects NMM "corruption" of InstallLog.xml and tells you how to fix.
  • Links to SF project readme/forums removed.
  • Refusal to launch with an incorrect load order.
  • Refusal to launch with a required master present but disabled.
  • Refusal to launch if a required master is missing.
  • Release History

Version: 0.14.11.13

- ShaderDisasm support removed (does not work in 64bit)

Version: 0.14.11.12

- FNV4GB support built in (thanks niv!)

Version: 0.14.11.11

- Built for "any cpu". 7z 64bit DLL included.

Version: 0.14.11.10

- No more "make copy" dialog -- this is always done

- Installer now reports full version in add/remove programs

- No more file renaming chopping off versions.

- Version sanity check

Version: 0.14.11.9

- Updated security stuff so the legacy setting is no longer required.

- Disabled the "deactivate all" button for now.

- Fixed a bug in "activate group".

- Internal C# script compiles no longer generate debug files (.pdbs).

Version: 0.14.10.8

- Version sanity check

- Stack overflow fix

- .Net 4.0 required

- Legacy security policy fix

- BOSS masterlist location update

- Prelaunch check fix

Version: 0.14.10.(3 - 7)

- Not released

Version: 0.14.10.2

- InstallLog.xml "downgrade" support to undo NMM changes.

Version: 0.14.10.1

- "Yes to mod" and "No to mod" fix

Version: 0.14.10.0

- IA32 build. This will help bring any big-memory issues to light quickly.

- 4th version # showing in title. This is 0.14.9.3. Previously 4th digit was hardcoded to 0.

- Large archive support in x32

Version: 0.14.9

- x64 support (build is now 'all cpu'.

- x32 mode properly handles large files in archives, like TTW has.

- "Yes to mod" and "No to mod" support

- Redesigned 'overwrite' window to not resize and move around.

Version: 0.14.8

- Colorization in Fallout3 now working.

Version: 0.14.7

- The return of BOSS Autosort. Really this time.

Version: 0.14.6

- The return of BOSS Autosort.

Version: 0.14.5

- The return of BOSS.

Version: 0.14.4

- Bugfix for package adding, introduced in 0.14.3

Version: 0.14.3

- Removed the messages at startup asking if you want to enable update checks since they were just lies.

- Plugin list now colorized. Red for mods with missing masters, orange for required masters present but disabled, brown for incorrect load order. FOMM will still refuse to launch the game in all of these cases.

Version: 0.14.2

- Removed code that closed FOMM upon launch. Will now stay open throughout game.

Version 0.14.1b3

- All "update check" stuff removed.

- Detects NMM "corruption" of InstallLog.xml and tells you how to fix.

- Links to SF project readme/forums removed.

- Refusal to launch with an incorrect load order.

- Refusal to launch with a required master present but disabled.

- Refusal to launch if a required master is missing.

Requirements

- Windows w/ .Net 4 Runtime

- Fallout 3 and/or Fallout New Vegas

Installation

- Extract the zip file and run the included installer.

Uninstalling / Upgrading

- Uninstall the old version, install the new version. Your load order, mods in the packaage manager, etc. will not be affected.

FULL uninstall

- First run FOMM and deactivate and remove every installed mod to "clean up" you game directories.

- Next uninstall FOMM.

- After uninstalling FOMM, delete the FOMM metadata directories. Typically these are "c:\games\FalloutNV" and "c:\games\fallout 3". Doing this without.

Screenshots

C57MtmIs.jpg

Links

- LoversLab GIT project

Future plans

- Support for 'external' load order system NMM and Wrye agreed on.

- Update to use NMM's XML format.

- More robust mod versioning (meaning don't CRASH if there is a letter or too long number or.. whatever.)

- Show mod dependencies in mod list.

More distant future plans

- Reintroduction of mod update check supporting more than just Nexus (Nexus, moddb, LL, etc.)

- Oblivion and Skyrim support.

- Rename to GMM/GeMM

fommsetup 0.14.11.10 (32bit).7z

fommsetup 0.14.11.13 (anycpu).7z

Edited by prideslayer

Updated download, basically a 'full install.'

Don't overwrite your existing FOMM dir with this one -- if you do, may have to reinstall FOMM if things don't go right. Should not affect the game or anything though, that stuff is stored in a different directory.

Link to project on sourceforge up in the OP. I checked in the baseline code first from the existing project (branches/qfomm -- last version was not working off of trunk there), branched that rev as-is, then checked in the changes on my end. Not listed in features, and of interest only to other developers, changes to trunk include:

- Conversion to VS2010 (I have pro, not sure if this will work on the free Express version)

- Ignoring files and directories in svn:

_UpgradeReport_Files

[Dd]ebug

[Rr]elease

[Tt]race

[bb]in

[Oo]bj

UpgradeLog*.*

*.suo

*.user

*.sdf

*.opensdf

todo.txt

I checked out to a clean directory and ran a test build, seemed to work fine, so should be no problem for others that want to contribute.

Builds clean with only a few warnings about unused vars. Generally these are in the exception handlers, there are quite a few spots where the original developers do things like:

try
{
}
catch (Exception e)
{
  continue;
}
I will clean them up as I come across them and either do something nice with the exception, or if it's really not important, get rid of the exception declaration; the catch statement does not need it.

Working on the load-order checking code right now and I'm wondering if I should just abort (refuse to launch) if the load order is messed up at all. My initial thought was to just pop up a confirmation dialog and let the user launch, but thinking about it, that can only lead to problems, so now I am thinking I should simply pop up a message describing the problem and how to fix it, and not launch. The situations where I would do this are:

1. A mod is active that has a missing master.

2. A mod is active that has a present but disabled (unchecked) master.

3. A mod is active with a master it needs appearing after it in the load order.

Realistically, is there ANY situation in which one of these is true and I should allow the launch? I can't think of oen, even when it comes to testing? #2 comes close, but in that case, I want the user to activate the deactivated mod (or deactivate any that require it) and launch again, so I can check the load order once the mod is active.

Keeping in mind that people who really know what they're doing and want to circumvent this can always just run the normal fallout/nvse launcher rather than launching from fomm. It's not like I'm stopping a user from doing anything stupid, just stopping the application from assisting them. ;)

Copied/saved my current FOMM install (\GEMM...) to a temporary directory and overlaid your zip file subdirectory contents.  On starting up the FOMM/PSMM shortcut on an active modded FONV, all looked normal, nothing lost, no surprises, nothing within FOMM seemed broken (including package manager.)

Your new features seemed to work in my brief testing.  Seems already useful/releasable based on these improvements alone.

(Using FNV4gb and NVSE so I inserted "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\fnv4gb.exe" (including quotes, from my desktop shortcut) into the FOMM Settings panel. PSMM did not launch FONV (also true of FOMM.)  Works fine once I removed the quotes.  Don't know why I thought quotes would be ok.)

Suggestion:

Would have preferred more explicit, concise "no-can-do" wording (i.e., drop "the" and "it"; add Error), such as:  

Error: Plugin 'mission mojave - ultimate edition.esp' requires master 'gunrunnersarsenal.esm' which is not active.  Activate master or disable plugin.

and

Error: Module 'legion.esm' loads prior to its master 'slavery.esm'.  Correct load order or disable module.

(I suggest the word Error or similar since these messages in effect abort FOMM/PSMM and are not purely informational.)

• 3 weeks later...

Encountering an odd issue. Had my game go south on me and had to reinstall from scratch. Now I'm using your FOMM improvement to re-add all my mods, and I'm getting "out of memory" errors on mods I've never had trouble installing before. Namely ARES Project and Spice of Life. Oddly enough Project Brazil, which is bigger than both combined, installs no problem.

Well... that's weird. Guess I'll have to download all three mods and try it myself in the debugger to see what's going on. The only thing in FOMM that can use large amounts of memory is, I think, the 7zip DLL. If that's causing the problem, not sure what I'll be able to do about it.