>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

But I LOVE being able to just click download and have it appear in the NMM,  sorted,  and then I just need to click the sorted file to add it to the game.  It's messy and inconvenient to download things in other ways.   Wish other sites could do something similar that would make mods download with NMM or something similar.  Though I'd prefer NMM despite it's flaws.

Doesn't NMM keep the mods that it downloads? If so just copy that folder over and you have an instant backup. Better yet it would be exactly as you need it to be to run on NMM. That is if I understand NMM correctly. (I don't use it, haven't for years.)

So far recently I haven't had any problems with getting downloads. Might be slower at times but it does get downloaded correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm giving serious thought to asking for my account to be deleted on Nexus, uninstall NMM and be done with it.  Skyrim Romance Mod author, one of my favorite mods btw, just got banned for asking for donations.  Mara found out you can't do that and immediately took it back but the whiny crybabies at the Nexus (so hell bent on nullifying anyone with talent except those that'll have no problem kissing their ass) banned her anyways.  The only thing that's stopping me is the sheer fact that the transition between switching to Mod Organizer is just so intimidating (I'm not sure if I need to completely delete and uninstall then reinstall everything again.  If not let me know because I want to switch to Mod Organizer).

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about making an account there to begin with.

I'm giving serious thought to asking for my account to be deleted on Nexus, uninstall NMM and be done with it.  Skyrim Romance Mod author, one of my favorite mods btw, just got banned for asking for donations.  Mara found out you can't do that and immediately took it back but the whiny crybabies at the Nexus (so hell bent on nullifying anyone with talent except those that'll have no problem kissing their ass) banned her anyways.  The only thing that's stopping me is the sheer fact that the transition between switching to Mod Organizer is just so intimidating (I'm not sure if I need to completely delete and uninstall then reinstall everything again.  If not let me know because I want to switch to Mod Organizer).

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about making an account there to begin with.

My stomach is so upset over that damn drama but for completely different reasons. So I'm not going to go to that mental place anymore.

As for Mod organizer it's a little bit of a learning curve, but not as bad as you think. You're just going to have to really, really clean out your data folder. (possible skyrim reinstall to make sure it's spic and span) MO has a NMM import function. And... Unlearn everything you learned with NMM.

My stomach is so upset over that damn drama but for completely different reasons. So I'm not going to go to that mental place anymore.

As for Mod organizer it's a little bit of a learning curve, but not as bad as you think. You're just going to have to really, really clean out your data folder. (possible skyrim reinstall to make sure it's spic and span) MO has a NMM import function. And... Unlearn everything you learned with NMM.

Yeah I'm not going to do anything drastic right now.  I'm going to get into the habit of defaulting to MO instead of NMM from now on (even removing it from my Taskbar.  Not uninstalling yet just to get me in the habit).  Once I'm comfortable with it I'm going to send my letter of, "delete account," uninstall NMM and never look back.  This was the straw that broke the camels back.

My only regret is that I'll lose my Fallout 3 playthrough bio with one of my favorite characters.  I have like 17 or so images of places she's been and her thoughts that I'm reluctant but this crap is really starting to get to me.  It's like they can't stand talented modders that don't bow like slaves to them.  Maybe I should just coast under the radar like I have been start reposting her story here instead.

And it doesn't end.  Nexus trolls and fanboyz/fangurlz have descended on her web page.

http://skyrimromance.com/skyrim-romance-mod-1212015-banned-from-nexus/

'Nexus-is-awesome-and-you're-not-you-broke-the-roolz-and-now-you-must-pay' typical Robin Scott/Nexus dick sucking by a bunch of dumb-asses and talentless downloaders.  She's off Nexus and she's upset about the mod being pulled but YET there they are to grind down on her.

FUCK NEXUS.  FUCK THE NEXUS STAFF.  FUCK ROBIN SCOTT.  And fuck anyone who supports them.

Oh, and the servers are working fine for me today.  But then again, I can't download anything. :D

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2500519-wingedtwilightofthedawn-banned/

>She made a mod

>asked for donations and for supporting her kickstarter so she can work further on said mod (goal was 50,000$)

>people pointed out that Bethesda, Kickstarter and Nexus don't allow this

>She deleted said posts

>Mod gets taken down

>'But ah never knew it was wrongs'

LL has the same rules: 

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content.

^

Glad someone said it. Do a bit of research. You'll find out Mara's not exactly the "good girl" some think she is. Write her a email and say she shouldn't charge for mods. You'll get a rather nasty response, along with a few insults, and general self-righteous lambasting.

Afterall, what's a measly $50,000? ...about the price of a yacht. B)

People need to eat? Pay bills? Get a job! Use those skills in the real world. Don't even try to say you're modding for a living unless you're putting out something that can't already be found for free; something amazing. I could gather a few friends from school and make this mod, and they'd be proud to do it...for free.

Alexander J. Velickey didn't ask for no 50 grand, and this mod can't really compare to Falskaar, even if it has a few bugs (at least there are workarounds).

I can't defend her. She has 2 faces. It's not just the money, but her response to people question her about it. Only seems to be nice to those who praise her, and pay her. I'm surprised Nexus didn't make her a Moderator. :sleepy:

Paying for mods...XD (laughs my ass off).  I'm not about to fork over cash for anything that should be free.  A modder's payment is downloads and praise for the mod.  You know who makes money off of mods?  Dark0ne over at Nexus; but they're not HIS mods.  And knowing how he is about money, that is probably the real reason she was banned.  It can't  be about enforcing 'rules' since they change them like Robin Scott changes panties and everyone knows those 'rules' aren't enforced equally.  But all of this is for a topic that no longer exists.

At least deleting the Romance mod frees up server space for important things like ENB showcase videos and mods for daggers that do sword level damage.

Paying for mods...XD (laughs my ass off).  I'm not about to fork over cash for anything that should be free.  A modder's payment is downloads and praise for the mod.  You know who makes money off of mods?  Dark0ne over at Nexus; but they're not HIS mods.  And knowing how he is about money, that is probably the real reason she was banned.  It can't  be about enforcing 'rules' since they change them like Robin Scott changes panties and everyone knows those 'rules' aren't enforced equally.  But all of this is for a topic that no longer exists.

At least deleting the Romance mod frees up server space for important things like ENB showcase videos and mods for daggers that do sword level damage.

Yeah I'm not sending a single red cent mainly because really for the team it should be a labor of love not something they can make money off of.  I'll admit its kind of warranted but to ban Mara though is just to extreme.  If Nexus or Dark0ne had any ethics or sense of morality he should at least just give her a warning; it was a common mistake.  That's not the underlying principle of why I'm thinking of completely migrating from Nexus.

Over the years I've seen a disturbing trend (especially from moderators like Vampire Dante) of banning people for stupid reasons, they're American or the moderator just felt like being an ass.  I've also noticed a fair amount of jealousy has to do with a ban (you're a shining example of that Kendo; I get the impression they banned you because you're a talented modder and you don't degrade yourself by acting like an underling) and quite frankly I'm sick of the Nexus' behavior toward people who don't automatically get on their knees and start sucking.  To make matters worse you don't see talent at the Nexus anymore; just kawaii follower mod #39020384072087 and ENB's.  While here you actually see people who think outside the box.

You'd almost swear the entire Nexus was run by a group of Call of Duty brats who insist the only real game people should play is Advanced Warfare and everything else sucks.

What CoD has to do with this issue? It's just a game that got rolled over by Bungie's Destiny.

^

Glad someone said it. Do a bit of research. You'll find out Mara's not exactly the "good girl" some think she is. Write her a email and say she shouldn't charge for mods. You'll get a rather nasty response, along with a few insults, and general self-righteous lambasting.

Afterall, what's a measly $50,000? ...about the price of a yacht. B)

People need to eat? Pay bills? Get a job! Use those skills in the real world. Don't even try to say you're modding for a living unless you're putting out something that can't already be found for free; something amazing. I could gather a few friends from school and make this mod, and they'd be proud to do it...for free.

Alexander J. Velickey didn't ask for no 50 grand, and this mod can't really compare to Falskaar, even if it has a few bugs (at least there are workarounds).

I can't defend her. She has 2 faces. It's not just the money, but her response to people question her about it. Only seems to be nice to those who praise her, and pay her. I'm surprised Nexus didn't make her a Moderator. :sleepy:

Worse, most of the "staff" pics were stolen off from other sites, to make it look as if the mod is made by a bunch of awfully beautiful people. I bet that at least one of the VA's she hired is asking for a professional fee and she couldn't pay from her pocket (wrong decision), and that the guy whom she asked to review her mod prior to KS decided to blast it wholly (wrong decision).

Even before the KS fiasco she made, the site was already sketchy at best, like whatever it had to offer as a supposed super-romance quest mod was too good to be true.

As for her being permabanned, I'd say for once it was the right and legitimate thing for TVD to do -- the best use of the banhammer in Nexus history.

Yeah I'm not sending a single red cent mainly because really for the team it should be a labor of love not something they can make money off of.  I'll admit its kind of warranted but to ban Mara though is just to extreme.  If Nexus or Dark0ne had any ethics or sense of morality he should at least just give her a warning; it was a common mistake.  That's not the underlying principle of why I'm thinking of completely migrating from Nexus.

Over the years I've seen a disturbing trend (especially from moderators like Vampire Dante) of banning people for stupid reasons, they're American or the moderator just felt like being an ass.  I've also noticed a fair amount of jealousy has to do with a ban (you're a shining example of that Kendo; I get the impression they banned you because you're a talented modder and you don't degrade yourself by acting like an underling) and quite frankly I'm sick of the Nexus' behavior toward people who don't automatically get on their knees and start sucking.  To make matters worse you don't see talent at the Nexus anymore; just kawaii follower mod #39020384072087 and ENB's.  While here you actually see people who think outside the box.

You'd almost swear the entire Nexus was run by a group of Call of Duty brats who insist the only real game people should play is Advanced Warfare and everything else sucks.

It wasn't a mistake because she specifically deleted posts that pointed out that asking for money to help develop a mod is against the TOS of every party involved. Kickstarter, Bethesda and the nexus don't allow it. The author also uploaded stolen pictures - what more proof do you need that some ulterior motive was behind all that? The page Kendo linked to earlier was deleted as well.

Also, for someone that judges people for happily sucking cock if it helps achieving their goals, you're awfully quick to drop on your knees yourself.

It wasn't a mistake because she specifically deleted posts that pointed out that asking for money to help develop a mod is against the TOS of every party involved. Kickstarter, Bethesda and the nexus don't allow it. The author also uploaded stolen pictures - what more proof do you need that some ulterior motive was behind all that? The page Kendo linked to earlier was deleted as well.

Also, for someone that judges people for happily sucking cock if it helps achieving their goals, you're awfully quick to drop on your knees yourself.

Okay that I didn't know and it has merit I'll give you that however I don't degrade myself to that type of debauchery.  You'll have to excuse my lack of information; if she did have ulterior motives well then the ban is justified.  The theft of pics as well is underhanded so I'll concede to that logic.

I still get the impression Nexus is purposefully trying to alienate talented modders in favor of piss poor content.  The only reason I defend Mara is because the mod is actually well done.  Granted it doesn't have the scale of Falskaar but it gave the game a breath of fresh air it needed.  You know and I know that the vanilla marriage system seemed like a, "tacked on at the last minute," mechanic that seemed less like Elder Scrolls and more like something out of a bad soap opera.  Some people want a set realism in an RPG and SRM really did the job.

I don't condone what she did though; you're right its pretty dirty tactics and she really should have read the TOS before getting her feet stuck in the mud but the mod itself is actually very fun to play.

Aaaaanndddd back to our regular scheduled programming... (there's a thread already talking about that other subject. let's not get hostile with each other :heart: )

Nexus is being a twa... brat about their downloads. Taking for frickin' ever to redownload interesting npc's... (I screwed up something while doing head generation patch >.<)

Aaaaanndddd back to our regular scheduled programming... (there's a thread already talking about that other subject. let's not get hostile with each other :heart: )

Nexus is being a twa... brat about their downloads. Taking for frickin' ever to redownload interesting npc's... (I screwed up something while doing head generation patch >.<)

Yeah I know =_=...tried downloading Immersive HUD not long ago.  Gave up after only 5% load after an hour of waiting.

Even my patience has its limits

current nexus DL speed 3.3kb/s

woooow

as-someone-with-slow-internet-18763.png

cat-hour-glass.jpg

Funny-meme-make-them-use-a-computer-with

this-is-the-face-of-your-slow-internet.j

the-closer-you-get-the-slower-i-drive-st

Yeah I know the first one was sufficient, the others made me giggle too much not to include.

Okay I love that last one.  If I got a nickle for every fucking tailgater I wanted to teach a lesson to I could probably buy a mint condition Dodge Charger.  I remember one asshole on the drive to Clovis, New Mexico where I actually slowed down to nearly 5 MPH.  Bastard finally passed me, flipping the bird along the way.

Few minutes later I had a great laugh as he had been pulled over by State Patrol for speeding.  Ahh I love it when karma is the perfect cure for being an asshole. xD

Archived