>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

Hey Kendo 2 I found you the perfect full time employment ;) ;)     <---that of course is a joke :)

News
posted by Dark0ne

3 March 2015 7:53:38 
Site News
Just a quick update to let you all know that we've added a new "full-time paid position" to the site that's immediately available to be filled. We are looking for a dedicated community manager and development lead who will become a public facing ambassador for the sites both domestically, on the Nexus, and abroad, within official game communities. Improving the community for those of us already here while helping to spread the word about the Nexus to other (official) <---ROFLMAO": game communities.

Why is it when I read the spoiler, a picture of a lamb on a chopping board just appeared in my mind...

Hey Kendo 2 I found you the perfect full time employment ;) ;)     <---that of course is a joke :)

News
posted by Dark0ne

3 March 2015 7:53:38 
Site News
Just a quick update to let you all know that we've added a new "full-time paid position" to the site that's immediately available to be filled. We are looking for a dedicated community manager and development lead who will become a public facing ambassador for the sites both domestically, on the Nexus, and abroad, within official game communities. Improving the community for those of us already here while helping to spread the word about the Nexus to other (official) <---ROFLMAO": game communities.

Jezus.  Fucking Dork0ne is just ate up with himself.  Whadda puss.

But this part is priceless;'helping to spread the word about the Nexus...blah-blah-blah'.  I don't where the fuck he's been in the last 18 months but people already know about his goddamned forum and the wankery bullshit that goes on there.  On just about every game forum on the planet there is mention of him/his staff/Nexus somewhere and it isn't kind.  Hell, even the youtube mod reviewers talk about how trigger-happy-stupid they are.

And what is this 'THE Nexus' bullshit in his post?  THE Nexus, like it really is a game nexus, like there is only his retarded ass and his forum.  Last time I checked stand alone followers, ENB settings and mods for daggers to do sword damage ARE NOT the fucking nexus of modding.

I'm honestly more surprised it's a paid position.

Getting paid isn't that surprising though since who else would jump into that position without any form of wages? I'm more surprised by the fact that he's planning to add another to the crew and not use any of the existing members. Not sure if any of those guys and girls are happy with this.

I remember when I actively downloaded from the Nexus.  Back then (when the servers weren't so shit, but were still pretty bad) I had troubles downloading on all days of the week.  Yes, it's worse on the weekends because it becomes damn-near impossible to download during the Fri-Sun block, but browsing that site is still like pulling teeth any day of the week.

Now it's gotten worse.  I'm really not sure how that's possible.  Perhaps if they stopped acting like pricks, they'd get more donations.

• 1 month later...

and another bout of stupid from Dorkone and his crappy mod manager, seems a BUG in the nmm has managed to completely disable every single mod you may run every-time you start up the game, oh there still installed, but Uh-Oh the esps get clicked inactive by the manager every time you start up the game!

I'm sure he'll somehow find a way to blame someone or something else for that.  In the end it won't be his doing or his software's fault.  The cause will be something improbable/impossible and he'll blame the users or another software; like when his forum data base was hacked and he blamed Mod Organizer as the delivery system and Nexus downloaders for turning off their antivirus protection...after he told them to so the NMM would work.  Yes, that actually happened and YES he did do that.

Oh, sweet... I don't know what happened on that site anymore. Some of the files that I'm trying to download suddenly forced me to use browser built in downloader rather than the IDM I used. The end product? Corrupted download... Someone just shoot me already.

Edit:

Crap! Seems like it's one of the functions in IDM that doesn't play nice with Nexus. Odd that some of the files would not let me download with IDM just because that particular option is active...

Are you running adblock or anything else to keep his shit-stain site from installing cookies?  A couple of months ago I was browsing Nexus as a free user and I had his ads blocked since he runs dubious ads using xFlash.  Avast was throwing a fit and it closed down that session.  When I looked at the virus scan report the culprit was a cookie for his NMM.  Odd that I did not have NMM installed on that PC.  RitualClarity later told me that cookie was a fishing expedition and it actually had nothing to do with his NMM.  He just wanted my browsing info, probably so he could sell it.

Apart from the Ghostery I mentioned in the past, nothing of the sort. I do have Malwarebyte and SpyHunter running hand in hand in the background. I doubt those two are the core of the entire problem. That should block most of the malwares dead in their tracks or at least I hope so. Still, it feels like Nexus has separated the mod repository into two main groups of servers/clusters from that little experience with IDM. Seems like the second option for force downloading got hit by a brick wall on some mods, particularly the new mods. Only after unticking the option the normal force downloading works like it normally does. Another new day and I learn another thing about Nexus. Time to go to sleep....

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not premium, but i download up to 900 kbps, and i ain't got a good connection, honestly xD

Still better than me, but yeah I usually download at full speed ( because I can't get more than 550 kbps ) since 2013. I guess so never really had any complain about nexus download speed.

May be it depends from your location/server.

Archived