>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

I guess this is the right place for my LOL moment in Nexus today. 

I was trying to find lings coifs for FNV and ran into a male hair mod and down loaded it (or began to 27 minute ...) and went back to my search and poof i am reading a screen saying i have been banned by a moderator.... I stared at the screen for a second or ten ,thinking of all the things i have read about mods at nexus ..and found my self mad.

I proceeded to tell them how i had never typed a single word in their forums or even offered an opinion on a mod for the fear of being banned by some Nazi mod with a hard on for power and well it got worse from there. at the end of my tirade I hit submit and the next thing i see is..

error has occurred this account is not banned your petition has not been submitted  :dodgy:

When did they start the guilt trip angle? 

Damn, that was fucking hilarious.

Must be recent but easily dealt with just right click the page and go to block a ad on this page and click one of them and adjust the slider hit ok and repeat for next one.

Done. I'm not without a blocker (except for this site, which is on the whitelist)

I wouldn't be using a blocker if they weren't a bunch of dicks in the first place.

"Ads help pay for this site, and my apartment rent, and my bar tabs, and my vacations that I brag about while I have one hand out for more of your money...because the site is broke after I payed for all of those server improvements that didn't improve anything...and I don't have a real job since Nexus pays for my pajama boy life style...so YES! ads pay for this site...(ehem) and everything I have."

---Robin Scott

After being sick of slow download speeds I upgraded to Premium on Nexus for about 6 months or so. There was minimal difference in speed and NMM kept crashing and disconnecting on me constantly while I downloaded. Eventually I had to cancel my premium membership and I figured I was not getting anything really for what I was paying per month. Recently I tried to sign up for premium again to see if it had improved but it would not let me buy membership. I thought that was weird. I also have been close to being banned on the Nexus simply for standing up for people in the Nexus chat room who I felt were being treated unfairly by a ban happy moderator who shall remain nameless. I much prefer it here. I don't feel like I am suffocating and having to walk on eggshells. Not to mention you have some amazing mods here that no one else has :D Also as a writer and artist I just love the level of unrestricted creativity here too.

After being sick of slow download speeds I upgraded to Premium on Nexus for about 6 months or so. There was minimal difference in speed and NMM kept crashing and disconnecting on me constantly while I downloaded. Eventually I had to cancel my premium membership and I figured I was not getting anything really for what I was paying per month. Recently I tried to sign up for premium again to see if it had improved but it would not let me buy membership. I thought that was weird. I also have been close to being banned on the Nexus simply for standing up for people in the Nexus chat room who I felt were being treated unfairly by a ban happy moderator who shall remain nameless. I much prefer it here. I don't feel like I am suffocating and having to walk on eggshells. Not to mention you have some amazing mods here that no one else has :D Also as a writer and artist I just love the level of unrestricted creativity here too.

Yeah, don't try the chatroom. Anyone who went there and called out TVD became an hero.

boB4rcAl.jpg

You can slice that butthurt like a bread. It must've cost him a lot to type a polite message instead of his typical "disable the adblock you filthy leecher" wankery. After all, he even considered banning for that.

I blocked that, but since they have more than one server for images and stuff it loaded after some refreshes again.

Here are the Rules for blocking the whole bar at the top with both images and the one at the side.

http://static-*.nexusmods.com/15/contents/images/pub_square.png
  nexusmods.com###horizontalpub

Summer is approaching and that means Dark0ne going on vacation.  OF COURSE he is begging for money.  I don't know this for a fact, but I can honestly opine that premium membership purchases are down.  His site service sucks, his staff sucks and Bethesda hasn't released a game people can mod.  That means less site traffic.  I know for a fact his traffic is down because there are times when there are more members here on-line than on at Nexus.

He's hurting for money right now and there is no way in Hell he's going to get a RL job.  That means up-the-butt Greek island vacations and going to the Grand Canyon are off the table unless he bilks money somehow.

And if he has the forum software to detect who is using add blockers and who isn't, he's only a step away from redirecting people to a dump page when things like AdBlock are enabled.

Anything that denies him or his site funds is admirable.  FUCK NEXUS.

And if he has the forum software to detect who is using add blockers and who isn't, he's only a step away from redirecting people to a dump page when things like AdBlock are enabled.

That reminds me... he did release the new NMM update as a new Alpha on the mod download page, claiming that it's to keep track of how many people that "helps his site" or something like that.

Archived