>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

apparently, theyve done sumpm to the site in the past 6 mos. it use to didnt take 38hrs to dl a 102mb file, which i  really need  for a mod thats on this site, lol.

The changed the default way the mods are distributed. I like you have seen a big improvement most of the time in downloads and what is more important not so many issues connecting and starting the downloads which in the pasts was horrendous. They also have seemed to lessen the hostility from the moderators to the users as well. Here is to hoping that the continue down the right path.

apparently, theyve done sumpm to the site in the past 6 mos. it use to didnt take 38hrs to dl a 102mb file, which i  really need  for a mod thats on this site, lol.

The changed the default way the mods are distributed. I like you have seen a big improvement most of the time in downloads and what is more important not so many issues connecting and starting the downloads which in the pasts was horrendous. They also have seemed to lessen the hostility from the moderators to the users as well. Here is to hoping that the continue down the right path.

To be honest, when a website grows tremendously big as Nexus does, the first base hostility from moderation is the most obvious and easy to go path. More experienced staff usually results in different moderation styles even in large communities. I'd rather blame their hostility with lack of experience based on the idea that there are a ton of people to moderate rather than simply for the sake of hostility itself.

It could be that they now have a system up and running properly where they aren't getting so much flak about how bad the sight runs. Less stress and less pain in the ass software and forum issues so that now they can actually focus on the job at hand. Taking care of the site and the members which even a free member is valuable even if it is just to spread the word and use to show how popular the site is. The negative environment that was spreading and the Nexus Hate threads that were becoming all the rage across the web would do nothing but harm  Nexus. Seems like others are also seeing that some major changes are happening and not just for a day but for a few months. Some 4 mo some 6mo but seems consistent. Now for them to continue for 1 year, 2 year and more.

So with a few post above.. it seems like Nexus moved from running on a Potato to at least a hamster.. perhaps a Guinea Pig :P

img_left_guineapig.jpg
I'll take whatever improvements they can make.. ;)

I never paid much attention to upload spammers I saw his mods as nothing more then spam since almost *all* of them could of been in one mod and he spammed whenever someone came out with something with a version of his own.

@ritualclarity

Better watch out they have probably been feeding the hamsters potato flakes and soon those suckers are going to be farting potato flakes and dust at everyone.

I never paid much attention to upload spammers I saw his mods as nothing more then spam since almost *all* of them could of been in one mod and he spammed whenever someone came out with something with a version of his own.

@ritualclarity

Better watch out they have probably been feeding the hamsters potato flakes and soon those suckers are going to be farting potato flakes and dust at everyone.

He could've done this and that to keep his nose clean, but then over there for some it's always been a popularity contest to get Hot File status, and she's often on top because she is so.

well he was a self pmpous jerk, and his textures were Ugly

So is the self-righteous TS there, and she reminds me too much of the one in kindergarten who tries to snitch and threatens to tell the teacher on almost any other kid doing wrong. Pot calls kettle black.

Personally, I'm sick of seeing those attempts at gaining endorsements and Hot File status, and no other modding community has more drama than Skyrim.

That mod is honestly a mess. A skyproc patcher in the wrong folder and his animations are in the wrong folder, too. Without manually renaming the folders the mod simply won't work. Well that and that he decided to use some weird hacking to get the new animations working instead of using FNIS like every sane person should do. As far as I understand it the animations work more like in the very first version of animated prostitution, which was a mess in itself. Changing race and skeleton to circumvent the issue that Skyrim doesn't allow any non-replacer animations because they're not in the behavior file or something like that.

That mod is honestly a mess. A skyproc patcher in the wrong folder and his animations are in the wrong folder, too. Without manually renaming the folders the mod simply won't work. Well that and that he decided to use some weird hacking to get the new animations working instead of using FNIS like every sane person should do. As far as I understand it the animations work more like in the very first version of animated prostitution, which was a mess in itself. Changing race and skeleton to circumvent the issue that Skyrim doesn't allow any non-replacer animations because they're not in the behavior file or something like that.

Custom combat animations are not possible with FNIS. Too difficult to implement into a tool which has the goal to provide all animation types for an arbitrary number of mods. 

However there is a hidden interface between FNIS and PCEA, defined shortly before xp32 left the Skyrim modding scene, and never released to the public. With that Soulie could have achieved the same without this awkward installation procedure. But during all the time discussing his progress in his Nexus WIP thread he has made a terrible secret around his way of implementation. And now he has to pay the price. Once he is back from his timeout.

Custom combat animations are not possible with FNIS. Too difficult to implement into a tool which has the goal to provide all animation types for an arbitrary number of mods. 

However there is a hidden interface between FNIS and PCEA, defined shortly before xp32 left the Skyrim modding scene, and never released to the public. With that Soulie could have achieved the same without this awkward installation procedure. But during all the time discussing his progress in his Nexus WIP thread he has made a terrible secret around his way of implementation. And now he has to pay the price. Once he is back from his timeout.

Thanks for clarifying that.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2574759-spears-by-soolie/?p=22886884

That's pretty reasonable. Happened something big over at the nexus? Robin Scott admits that the mods on the nexus tend to behave like dicks when he's not around and trainwiz got unbanned? Are the end times near?

Well, damn. Just like when them Inteltech... er, Analtech, er... Anandtech mods are trigger-happy. 

Trainwiz got banned before because he once called Natilde's female follower pack a bunch of "aliens" because of obvious bad facial proportioning. Otherwise Darkone must've seen how he behaved in Reddit, so...

Archived