>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

Anyhoo, yes it's a problem and it all has to do with the mirror system not full functional yet. Either that or they keep forgetting to pay the internet bill. But Rayblue is right, the weekends are brutal but the same issues can be found throughout the week. I've noticed the worst time is when the really cool but really big mods are posted. Smart modders of larger files are starting to add links to torrents as well so keep an eyeball out for those too. Thats something modders should do instead of Mediafire type posts regardless of file size I think.

Heh...... what a shitty hosting method for mods.

502 Bad Gateway errors half the freakin' day......

on a Wednesday.....

:dodgy:

It's like they got chipmunks or something configuring all their garbage equipment.....

My apologies to chipmunks everywhere  :blush:

Downloads seem fine, but I noticed insane load times/lag when switching between those "tabbed" pages on mods.

*clicks view comments*

*waits 60 seconds or more*

*comments don't load, must re-click the comments button*

*repeat waiting*.

Same for images, ect.  Could be a slight issue with my browser, but I like Seamonkey and ain't gonna switch just to use nexus.

I got to admit it really does seem like the Nexus is getting more and more unreliable with each update they do. The last week alone I've been getting 504 & 502 errors out the ass downloads dropping seconds after they have started etc etc and the new search function really does suck I find I have to open the mod page in a new tab or I have to re input my search parameters when I go back.

It has nothing to do with weekends - they just plain broke the site. The Nexus is next to useless now, and even a lot of paid members and fanboys are starting to freak out. Sure Skyrim is popular - but I believe that most of Skyrim's popularity is due to PS3 and XBox sales - not downloadable mods for the PC. The Nexus is powered by greed and an idiotic agenda to make NMM some sort of new standard in a niche that is already well covered by OBMM and the (brilliant) Wrye Bash 295.5. 

It was sheer idiocy making "beta" changes live. The Nexus is run by idiots. Update after pointless update is rolled out and made live with little to no stress testing. I have not seen anything this bad since Sony was hacked - but at least I got two free games out of THAT debacle.

Premium account for faster and resumable and multiple download. Lol.

Pay to win.

I am a premium member, and I can tell you I have been having loads of trouble for the last week or so, webpage is often unresponsive or 504 timeout error. I can't download multiple files any longer because it takes forever just to load one webpage. I can tell you it's not my computer or connection either. I've got a beast for both. It's them pure and simple.  Really wish they'd get their shit together. 

Honestly it makes me wonder if they are even using the money people pay them to be premium members on the site itself. I'd also like to point out that the "theory" of the issues being because it's a weekend has been proven false I've been getting the same issues today (a monday) as I was on the weekend.

Premium account for faster and resumable and multiple download. Lol.

Pay to win.

I am a premium member, and I can tell you I have been having loads of trouble for the last week or so, webpage is often unresponsive or 504 timeout error. I can't download multiple files any longer because it takes forever just to load one webpage. I can tell you it's not my computer or connection either. I've got a beast for both. It's them pure and simple.  Really wish they'd get their shit together. 

:blink:  Whoops. sorry.

Dark0ne posted a large blog post about the current troubles facing Nexus.  The terrible crashing and the like from the last couple of days was due to a program thinking it was expired when it hadn't, and it was bringing the entire system down as a result.

Archived