4 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I found Tori 3 times by now on the same save.

I had similar experience but with Brenda. I found her 2 times on my current save. However, that's not a bad thing (in fact, it's quite the opposite).

The first time I found her she was being held by Raiders over at Poseidon Energy. I identified her thanks to VATS and really tried my best not to harm her. However, one raider threw a Molotov at me and she picked up some damage. I then threw a plasma grenade but wasn't all that accurate and accidentally killed her.

A few in-game days later, I went to Goodneighbor (decided to walk rather than fast travel) and I stumbled upon her (Brenda) again. This time I managed to rescue her properly and recruit her as a settler.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Awesome! Most find duplicates far more the just a measly 3 times. ?

Seriously though, if they were unique NPC's, meaning only 1 instance per save, the mod would very quickly stop working.

And I do want to add more captives, I just haven't had time. But at some point I'll git'r done!

I have to ask (don't know if it's already been asked)... Any chance of making the exact same mod but for male captives? Just curious, that's all.

Keep up the great work, loving the mod!

7 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

A few in-game days later, I went to Goodneighbor (decided to walk rather than fast travel) and I stumbled upon her (Brenda) again. This time I managed to rescue her properly and recruit her as a settler.

I have 3 living Toris in my settlements^^ There are so many NPCs in this mod that I thought duplicates would be very rare.

6 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I have to ask (don't know if it's already been asked)... Any chance of making the exact same mod but for male captives? Just curious, that's all.

I "might" at some point.

6 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Keep up the great work, loving the mod!

Thank You! ?

6 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I have 3 living Toris in my settlements^^ There are so many NPCs in this mod that I thought duplicates would be very rare.

There are 37 settlements, if each had 10 captive settlers you'd need 370 different NPC's. This mod give a total of 132. I can safely up it to 266, maybe 300 since they have no inventory. It's the NPCs inventory that causes  stutter/lag.

7 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

If you're frequently seeing duplicates, it's not the fault of the mod. I'm not sure, but I think it's related to your Commonwealth Captives configuration.

The reason I'm very rarely seeing duplicates (on my previous save I've never seen a duplicate) is because I lowered the chances of finding a captive. The default value in MCM is 50 if I'm not mistaken, I lowered that slider to 25.

This makes captives somewhat less common, especially the ones from this mod as there's always a flat chance (in my case 35%) that Commonwealth Captives will spawn a male settler or vanilla female settler (not added by this mod).

Try changing the MCM settings of Commonwealth Captives. It's really the best help I can give you.

Hope you get it sorted out!

12 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

If you're frequently seeing duplicates, it's not the fault of the mod. I'm not sure, but I think it's related to your Commonwealth Captives configuration.

The reason I'm very rarely seeing duplicates (on my previous save I've never seen a duplicate) is because I lowered the chances of finding a captive. The default value in MCM is 50 if I'm not mistaken, I lowered that slider to 25.

This makes captives somewhat less common, especially the ones from this mod as there's always a flat chance (in my case 35%) that Commonwealth Captives will spawn a male settler or vanilla female settler (not added by this mod).

Try changing the MCM settings of Commonwealth Captives. It's really the best help I can give you.

Hope you get it sorted out!

It's not a real problem since it's only Tori and the first time I ever saw a duplicate. I didn't know they even happen^^

• 6 months later...

V1.0.4 Adds a total of 175 captives.

This patch will add a total of 137 updated original and new female captives.

It also adds a total of 38 male captives. The original 24, which have not had their looks updated and 14 new males.

More details on the OP & download pages.

Thanks for the awesome update!  One thing I noticed is that Pepper, Joice, Judy, Lara, Opal, and Wendy all share identical npc records other than their names.  I understand you intended for some synth versions of npcs, but did you intend for each of these to be identical?

4 hours ago, bubbabignose said:

Thanks for the awesome update!  One thing I noticed is that Pepper, Joice, Judy, Lara, Opal, and Wendy all share identical npc records other than their names.  I understand you intended for some synth versions of npcs, but did you intend for each of these to be identical?

LOL! I've fixed that for the next version. I got interrupted and forgot I didn't update the faces.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:53 AM, izzyknows said:

V1.0.4 Adds a total of 175 captives.

This patch will add a total of 137 updated original and new female captives.

It also adds a total of 38 male captives. The original 24, which have not had their looks updated and 14 new males.

More details on the OP & download pages.

I would like to try this mod again but the Volkayr skin requirement ruins my favorite presets which use differnet textures.

So to do it without Volkayr results in very unattarctive additions.

Maybe I will experiment with differnt textures that leave my preset good but also make the addtions not look bad. :)

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
19 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I would like to try this mod again but the Volkayr skin requirement ruins my favorite presets which use differnet textures.

So to do it without Volkayr results in very unattarctive additions.

Maybe I will experiment with differnt textures that leave my preset good but also make the addtions not look bad. :)

Vanilla is butt ass ugly for sure. LOL

Valkyrie uses the 2 slot, so in theory you could edit my mod to use the 1 slot for the facial features. But that would be very time consuming.

4 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Vanilla is butt ass ugly for sure. LOL

Valkyrie uses the 2 slot, so in theory you could edit my mod to use the 1 slot for the facial features. But that would be very time consuming.

Wait, what? Is that a requirement? Because I don't have it and it seems to work fine. I'm confused. :classic_huh: As for the aforementioned "unattarctive additions", I haven't noticed anything that I would find really ugly, or is it just that my quality expectations are too low? lol :classic_laugh:

3 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

Wait, what? Is that a requirement? Because I don't have it and it seems to work fine. I'm confused. :classic_huh: As for the aforementioned "unattarctive additions", I haven't noticed anything that I would find really ugly, or is it just that my quality expectations are too low? lol :classic_laugh:

Valkyr face textures are not a requirement. Just if you want them to look like the screen shots.

You have slot 1= ugly, slot 2= butt ugly, slot 3= double bag that bitch, slot 4= WTF is that? KILL IT!!!

14 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Valkyr face textures are not a requirement. Just if you want them to look like the screen shots.

You have slot 1= ugly, slot 2= butt ugly, slot 3= double bag that bitch, slot 4= WTF is that? KILL IT!!!

I go by words of Trevor Philips of GTA V "Beggars can't be choosers, take anything you can when it comes to love"... :D

1 hour ago, MrFuturehope said:

I go by words of Trevor Philips of GTA V "Beggars can't be choosers, take anything you can when it comes to love"... :D

Unless you have options, and standards, and morals.. well the last one is questionable. LOL

• 2 months later...

Hi,

the mod works perfectly for me. However, i've found no way to change the hairstyle of the captives. neither directly in-game via looksmenu nor via xedit. Changing the eyecolour worked fine via looksmenu. In earlier versions i could change everything without any problems.

I've already added Azar and KS-hairdos as master, and could choose the hairstlyes in xedit, but the appearance in-game did not change. Also choosing other vanilla hairstyles did not work. Any idea what causes this or what i can do? 

3 minutes ago, grottenolm said:

Hi,

the mod works perfectly for me. However, i've found no way to change the hairstyle of the captives. neither directly in-game via looksmenu nor via xedit. Changing the eyecolour worked fine via looksmenu. In earlier versions i could change everything without any problems.

I've already added Azar and KS-hairdos as master, and could choose the hairstlyes in xedit, but the appearance in-game did not change. Also choosing other vanilla hairstyles did not work. Any idea what causes this or what i can do? 

The changes normally wont show until a new version of that NPC is spawned. Even then, it's best to start a new game so the records are fresh.

I like to save a preset of the NPC, apply it to the player, tweak it, overwrite the preset, then use Face Ripper to update the record. Then allow the NPC to be naturally spawned so I know it will always look as intended. You can manually spawn the NPC if you wish.

In the older versions they were basically unique NPC's so you could edit their looks, now they are spawned just like normal settlers through a Leveled NPC record.

5 hours ago, grottenolm said:

i've found no way to change the hairstyle of the captives

If you make wig versions of the hairstyles you want, you could just equip those. There's also an extension for CC (I forget the name at the moment) that lets you set randomized outfits for them when they spawn, you could do something along those lines but have the outfits consist of (or include) wigs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 5:57 AM, izzyknows said:

The changes normally wont show until a new version of that NPC is spawned. Even then, it's best to start a new game so the records are fresh.

I like to save a preset of the NPC, apply it to the player, tweak it, overwrite the preset, then use Face Ripper to update the record. Then allow the NPC to be naturally spawned so I know it will always look as intended. You can manually spawn the NPC if you wish.

In the older versions they were basically unique NPC's so you could edit their looks, now they are spawned just like normal settlers through a Leveled NPC record.

Right it's best to let the mod spawn them as such.

Captives are generated as you enter the cell or within the grid area. On game load the mod records would be present.

Technically  you can console select or prid the ref id then disable recycleactor enable to regenerate them individually over and over 'til you like the result - that will utilize the mod's records. Though I would recommend doing so to a rescued following captive and a save first. ( Older female Bostonian voice annoyed me, reminds me of someone's sixty-year old aunt, I edited the voices so there were fewer of those.)  

I use high-poly heads - and presets utilizing that -  certain npcs have their Facial Morph Intensity way up i.e. Piper's is 2  and LucyAbernathy it's set to 3. If you slm an npc like that with a high poly preset their face will implode, to get around that I just add them to my own patch mod setting their Facial Morph Intensity to 0. Then there is no issue with using a high-poly preset on them.

Where messing with a mod, stay away from loading up a save where you're right next to the object you're changing iow if you're modding something in Home Plate don't immediately load a save from home plate.

Edited by eflat01
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, somethingbrite said:

Really basic question, but will this stop the captives from the main mod (commonwealth captives) being used at all? - Does this patch cause ONLY the NPC's from this patch to be in the captives pool?

It uses all of the original and added ones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 5:08 AM, izzyknows said:

It uses all of the original and added ones.

I remade it so it's more conducive to allowing other settler packs to be added easily
ebcc_LChar-Males -contains all the male pointers

ebcc_LChar-Females - contains all the female pointers

ebcc_LChar-Males-Patch -all the males from your patch

ebcc_LChar-Females-Patch  -all the femms

and in the two lists go into their perspective places, examples in images below

notice in the 2nd image the EBCC_LCharFemaleSettler file has an entry from the main and the patch, as well as a 3rd one for 'MyNPC' which are my collection

this gives it a 1 in 3 chance to choose from each main, patch, mynpcs,  then it will select one at random from that list itself - also drops the clutter a lot, also the 2nd image is my merge patch so I can add more npc' groups - another reason for doing it this way is it won't make commonwealth captives add whatever is in the added lists as masters as well

also edited the quest and story parts to add more factions & getinfaction, the issue is they aren't labelled as raiders as a class on the dlc's so I check human and their faction, ..not sure I did it right but it certainly works - except the trappers keep attacking the captives .. so probably need an AND there on those? dunno i'm a noob

another thing I could use help with, gave the npc's bathrobes in the outfit section,  it works on the males no problem, femmes stay nude =(  I wanted to pg-13 it a bit so grandson could get settlers easier by adventuring

seperated1.jpg

seperated2.jpg

addedfactiions.jpg

Edited by Frumph
4 hours ago, Frumph said:

I remade it so it's more conducive to allowing other settler packs to be added easily

I'll check it out, dm me the file. Right now I'm a bit busy finishing my sons Camaro, which has to be done by next Wednesday.

Edited by izzyknows
  • 2 months later...