19 hours ago, izzyknows said:

The first time. LOL

I made my own edits for 10 random Commonwealth Captives More Captives NPCs, to daughters, mothers, cousins and brothers. [I just realized I forgot theses! >,<]

I even made some cowardly, changed there heights, changed the voices to not all sound like chain-smokers. [apparently 0.95 is still like 5'9 or something lol! As everyone in FO4 is 6'!?]

It's super rare, but I just might find a lost family member. It looks like in FO4 all human NPCs have one race? And the skin is just tinted from there? I didn't preview all the Captive NPC's, but they all seemed Caucasian? Be a bit weird if I ran into a Mother that didn't match, my idea was I could always console rename back to 'Settler'.

1 hour ago, Dojo_dude said:

It looks like in FO4 all human NPCs have one race? And the skin is just tinted from there? I didn't preview all the Captive NPC's, but they all seemed Caucasian? Be a bit weird if I ran into a Mother that didn't match, my idea was I could always console rename back to 'Settler'.

The race thing you are correct. You have human, mutant, bugs... then factions. The tints are clean & dirty.

There are a few black ones.

The main reason I named them is to tell which one I needed to update the looks on. They way they are spawned (vanilla settler framework) it's pretty much impossible to tell the BaseID. That and to have every settler named Settler was just lazy on Bugthesda's part. Especially since settlements are a major part of the game. But then again, we are talking about Bugthesda. LOL

3 hours ago, p_ixen said:

any chance to get a version where their makeup hasn't been applied with a spatula? Every single one has massive amounts of lip gloss+liners and enough eyeshadow to black out the sun forever

Sure open the mod with xEdit and remove the makeup records. Easy peasy! :)

9 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Sure open the mod with xEdit and remove the makeup records. Easy peasy! :)

Sorry. In retrospect, that was very rude of me. In my defense I was trying to figure out how to get the CK to work on Mod Organizer, which is very annoying when I have both never used it before and am an idiot :)

Working on toning them down right now. I think the issue is they look totally normal in the weird lighting of the preview renders, in-game they look like the racoon-eyed teens of Myspace's golden era. There's like 5 layers each of eyeshadow and liner, all at 90%. I have almost no idea what I'm doing in the CK though so...

11 minutes ago, p_ixen said:

Sorry. In retrospect, that was very rude of me. In my defense I was trying to figure out how to get the CK to work on Mod Organizer, which is very annoying when I have both never used it before and am an idiot :)

Working on toning them down right now. I think the issue is they look totally normal in the weird lighting of the preview renders, in-game they look like the racoon-eyed teens of Myspace's golden era. There's like 5 layers each of eyeshadow and liner, all at 90%. I have almost no idea what I'm doing in the CK though so...

Use xEdit. For things like this it's waaaaay easier, not to mention a bazillion times faster.

having issues saving an unedited file? the "dakota" settler gives this error in xedit:

Error saving Commonwealth Captives NPC Patch.esp.save.2023_11_07_19_33_32: Record EBCC_EncFemaleSettlerW88 "Dakota" [NPC_:FE02DB15] has invalid ObjectID 01BB15 for a light module. You will not be able to save this file with ESL flag active

15 hours ago, p_ixen said:

having issues saving an unedited file? the "dakota" settler gives this error in xedit:

I had that error before, it's a bs error, trying to remember...

I think I removed the esl flag saved, opened again (actually several times) did all my edits, saved, then opened it an added the esl flag back.

Hello,

I realized there was this patch-addon mod and I added to my game (30+ hours gaming time). My character was inside a building and I met new slaves. I added to the group and when I exited, I got the "stretching to infinity" graphical glitch. I fast-traveled to a location I knew I added more slaves and the slaves I had before the patch had the same graphical glitch. I removed the patch and I reloaded the save game and the glitch was gone. I got the standard warning a mod was removed from the game and "some game objects may not longer be available", and I hope this will not cause later problems.

So, two things:

1.  Please confirm I will not get a total game corruption later on as a result of removing the patch -- I never remove a mod on a running game.

2. Any idea why I have this graphical glitch. It was ok before adding and it is ok after moving, so it must be this patch mod.

Many Thanks!!!!

3 hours ago, SkyrimOne said:

So, two things:

1.  Please confirm I will not get a total game corruption later on as a result of removing the patch -- I never remove a mod on a running game.

2. Any idea why I have this graphical glitch. It was ok before adding and it is ok after moving, so it must be this patch mod.

Many Thanks!!!!

1: The patch doesn't add any scripts so it's safe to remove/add at any point. You'll obviously lose any that have been converted to settlers.

2: That's a long standing glitch with Looks Menu and normally a save load will clear it. Upgrading to the latest version 1.6.20 helps I guess. Dunno why some have it & others don't. I've only seen it maybe 7 or 8 times in 21K+ hrs.

I kept all the captives within vanilla parameters and used vanilla hair to try & cut down on the glitches. But it's Bugthesda!

Does anyone know how to get this additional mod to work with the BodyGen feature from Looksmenu ?

Unfortunately, all my attempts so far have been unsuccessful.

Commonwealth Captives without this patch works with the Bodygen feature without any problems.

Maybay it is simply not compatibel ?

I do not use Bodygen with the ALL Female at the moment, instead only for selected NPC's, example:

#All|Female|HumanRace=FableLarge|FableLNB|fableOrd|FTiny2|FTiny1|foo.1|Foo.2|JRabbit|LadyVenus|Panundrum|Cherrys|Ordinary
Fallout4.esm|000007=LadyVenus200
Fallout4.esm|0A7D35=LadyVenus200

Edited by Kanlaon
43 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

Does anyone know how to get this additional mod to work with the BodyGen feature from Looksmenu ?

Unfortunately, all my attempts so far have been unsuccessful.

Commonwealth Captives without this patch works with the Bodygen feature without any problems.

Maybay it is simply not compatibel ?

I do not use Bodygen with the ALL Female at the moment, instead only for selected NPC's, example:

#All|Female|HumanRace=FableLarge|FableLNB|fableOrd|FTiny2|FTiny1|foo.1|Foo.2|JRabbit|LadyVenus|Panundrum|Cherrys|Ordinary
Fallout4.esm|000007=LadyVenus200
Fallout4.esm|0A7D35=LadyVenus200

Pull up the console with Better Console enabled, click on one of the problem NPCs, press the left control button to show additional details, and check what "base form" it lists as well as the plugin filename. That's what you list in your morphs.ini file to alter all NPCs spawned from that same generic actor.

It's slow doing it that way though, the faster solution is to just open up the plugin in zEdit or FO4Edit and copy the form IDs of all the NPCs you want BodyGen to affect.

9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Pull up the console with Better Console enabled, click on one of the problem NPCs, press the left control button to show additional details, and check what "base form" it lists as well as the plugin filename. That's what you list in your morphs.ini file to alter all NPCs spawned from that same generic actor.

It's slow doing it that way though, the faster solution is to just open up the plugin in zEdit or FO4Edit and copy the form IDs of all the NPCs you want BodyGen to affect.

Thanks for your hint, but I have already tried this. and the base form shown was from the unpatched version. Of coarse if you use XEDIT and look into the esp file for the patch, than you see that all 88 NPC are using a form ID from the unpatched version (without overwriting)

After that I changed the plugin file name in morphs.ini for all NPC's like in your suggestion, but this now leads to another weird problem. The patch doesnt work no longer correct as it does before and all captives uses the last valid entry in the original mod. (named settler !)

I agree, maybe doing the copy is the best and easiest way to get rid of the problem.

9 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Thanks for your hint, but I have already tried this. and the base form shown was from the unpatched version. Of coarse if you use XEDIT and look into the esp file for the patch, than you see that all 88 NPC are using a form ID from the unpatched version (without overwriting)

After that I changed the plugin file name in morphs.ini for all NPC's like in your suggestion, but this now leads to another weird problem. The patch doesnt work no longer correct as it does before and all captives uses the last valid entry in the original mod. (named settler !)

I agree, maybe doing the copy is the best and easiest way to get rid of the problem.

Right, the plugin filename has to be for the one that defines the form. If CCMFC doesn't add any new actors of its own, then CC's plugin filename is the one you need to specify along with each of the form IDs. I don't use this patch, so I'm not sure how its plugin is structured (I looked at it once when working out how to custom name captives, but now I just use Alias Settlers for that).

This brings up a good point though, I've never tried using BodyGen on specific leveled actors, I always just wildcard the race+gender to cover most NPCs (which does work fine) or on specific unique NPCs by form ID. But then that doesn't explain why it worked for you without this installed, so I'm baffled.

Edited by vaultbait
4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Right, the plugin filename has to be for the one that defines the form. If CCMFC doesn't add any new actors of its own, then CC's plugin filename is the one you need to specify along with each of the form IDs. I don't use this patch, so I'm not sure how its plugin is structured (I looked at it once when working out how to custom name captives, but now I just use Alias Settlers for that).

This brings up a good point though, I've never tried using BodyGen on specific leveled actors, I always just wildcard the race+gender to cover most NPCs (which does work fine) or on specific unique NPCs by form ID. But then that doesn't explain why it worked for you without this installed, so I'm baffled.

I have now copied all of the named base NPCs and added the list for the levelled actor. Unfortunately it doesn't work as I would have liked.

All spawned captives have a morphed body but are still called settlers.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there is only one NPC that keeps spawning. This NPC uses a template when it is created and the template uses the leveled actor.

I'll tryagain tomorrow, maybe it is also possible to assign a name for each spawned captive using a script or maybe there's already a mod for doing that.

5 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

I have now copied all of the named base NPCs and added the list for the levelled actor. Unfortunately it doesn't work as I would have liked.

All spawned captives have a morphed body but are still called settlers.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there is only one NPC that keeps spawning. This NPC uses a template when it is created and the template uses the leveled actor.

I'll tryagain tomorrow, maybe it is also possible to assign a name for each spawned captive using a script or maybe there's already a mod for doing that.

The spawn system is exactly like the vanilla settlers spawning, with one difference, the EBCC_LvlFemaleSettler and EBCC_LvlMaleSettler have the Base Data flag enabled. That is why the naming works.

They are the reference that uses the templates EBCC_LCharFemaleSettler and EBCC_LCharMaleSettler which hold the records pointing to the actual NPC's.

A really stupid round about way to spawn a fucking settler imo. I personally liked the original version as it spawned the actual NPCs and they could be easily edited in game without issue.

And yes there's a mod that names/you can give/change names to settlers. I tried it, but quickly removed it, so i can't say how it'll work for you. Sorry..I forget the name!

3 hours ago, izzyknows said:

The spawn system is exactly like the vanilla settlers spawning, with one difference, the EBCC_LvlFemaleSettler and EBCC_LvlMaleSettler have the Base Data flag enabled. That is why the naming works.

They are the reference that uses the templates EBCC_LCharFemaleSettler and EBCC_LCharMaleSettler which hold the records pointing to the actual NPC's.

A really stupid round about way to spawn a fucking settler imo. I personally liked the original version as it spawned the actual NPCs and they could be easily edited in game without issue.

And yes there's a mod that names/you can give/change names to settlers. I tried it, but quickly removed it, so i can't say how it'll work for you. Sorry..I forget the name!

Thank you very much for your information, it is very helpful. Yesterday I've seen already that in the unpatched version the Base Data Flag is not set, but the creation kit does not give any information about it (Sometimes skyrim has more informations)

Regarding names: I've seen there was only one function setname available, which changes the name of a baseobect.  Surely in most cases not very helpful.

?

31 minutes ago, Kanlaon said:

Thank you very much for your information, it is very helpful. Yesterday I've seen already that in the unpatched version the Base Data Flag is not set, but the creation kit does not give any information about it (Sometimes skyrim has more informations)

Regarding names: I've seen there was only one function setname available, which changes the name of a baseobect.  Surely in most cases not very helpful.

?

The way they are spawned, vanilla system, they cannot have their faces changed in game.

So, to kill 2 birds with one mini nuke, I gave them names and an extra keyword "showwornitemskeyword".

This made it so you can find them using xEdit and then use Face Ripper to update their looks to your preferences. Easy Peasy!

Mods that gives them names still will not show their baseID, thus still making it near impossible to find the exact NPC you want to edit.

Keep in mind that setting the Base Data flag causes a vanilla bug. Ego has scripted around it so my patch works as intended. He's pretty kool like that! But don't ask me what the bug is.. I forget at the moment, but will remember at the dumbest time possible.

2 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

I have been using https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66385 (with its requirements) and it does a nice job of giving names to settlers.

Agreed, I've been using it since it was first released, and it names all the generic captives from the original CC (I don't use this more captives extension currently, so not sure if it redoes their names as well or keeps the names that are set in the plugin).

48 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

I have been using https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66385 (with its requirements) and it does a nice job of giving names to settlers.

Kool beans. But I named them, in part, so I could find them and edit their looks.
Alias Settlers defeats that purpose. It's kool IF you don't have named settlers to start with.