• 2 weeks later...

FO4Edit is reporting 440 instances of "NPC_ \ Face Morphs \ Face Morph \ FMRI - Index -> <Face morph index FORMID not found in HumanRace "Human" [RACE:00013746]>" from this mod (for 58 different values of FORMID: 0007AECC 0007AED6 0007B0C0 0007B2B4 0007B2BE 0007B2F4 0007B4A8 0007B4B2 0007B4E8 0007B890 0007B8AE 0007B8B2 0007B8D3 0007BC78 0007BC9A 0007BE6C 0007BE76 0007C060 0007C254 0007C25E 0007C448 0007C452 0007C466 0007C46A 0007C470 0007C484 0007C488 0007C48E 0007C492 0007C63C 0007C646 0007C65A 0007C65E 0007C661 0007C668 0007C66B 0007CA24 0007D3E8 0007D5DC 0007D5E6 0007D7D0 0007D7DA 0007D9C4 0007DBB8 0007DDAC 0007DDB6 0007DDF6 0007DFA0 0007E194 0007E388 0007E392 0007E3C4 0007E3C8 0007E57C 0007E770 0007E77A 0007E79F 00BECDF4).

I do not have Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures installed, but I think that that is just textures, with no changes for HumanRace. I do have Commonwealth Captives installed, but it does not change any RACE forms.

Does anyone know what mod I am missing here?

Edit: I have LooksMenu installed, which edits HumanRace, but the only fields it touches seem unrelated to this issue.

Edited by sen4mi
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, G_Force080491 said:

Hello there. I wonder should i make a clean uninstall the previous (1.0.4) version before installing new? I'm asking because it changes the faces of several captives, and they probably didn't change just by replacing esp, but i dont know for sure. Thanks for the mod!

It shouldn't effect the ones that have already spawned, only new spawns. So update away. :)

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Maybe when I have time. Lot of stuff to do outside this year! :)

Wait, you mean the overseer is authorizing expeditions beyond the vault hatch now?

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Wait, you mean the overseer is authorizing expeditions beyond the vault hatch now?

Yeah she actually gave me a loooong list of shit... err "tasks" to get done.

On 4/14/2024 at 10:39 AM, izzyknows said:

Maybe when I have time. Lot of stuff to do outside this year! :)

For some reason the NPCs have "white" eyeliners in my game. Looking at the screenshots it seems that this is not intended behavior. Do you have any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Solved: I had a mod installed called "Looks Menu Lip Fix" that broke all face overlays. The mod's nexus page has been taken down, I guess because people reported the mod as broken.

Edited by AWHA2

Hey, love the mod! All the npc's are so cute, and with the valkyr face texture they really pop out! 

I was dabbling in the Fo4Edit because I wanted to make them on par with BetterSettlers, stat wise. I tried changing the EBCC_LvlFemaleSettler but that didnt do anything. Changing the named entry itself, did work, thankfully. Will I have to manually edit each and every one? Really wish there was a cool mod that you could train settlers to make them stronger, lol.

I have a question about Vicki.

Spoiler

About Vicki, I ran across her while testing the changes I made. And while testing the levels, I noticed how much of a beast she is. I assume the death item is the synth component. All her stats are on 10, and she has 550 health. I know you have your own lore stories, just wondering if you have one for Vicky. Maybe she used to be a courser. Because all the other ones arent so swoll in the stats department.

Edited by CollectableLover
On 9/7/2021 at 12:10 PM, izzyknows said:

It's an ESL flagged ESP so it wont take up a mod slot.

As I see it, this is a very controversial decision for a mod that places new objects (in this case, NPCs) in the game world.

Suppose I have an ESPFE mod that describes some new armor. And your ESPFE mod that describes some NPCs.

The armor in the first mod has FormID fe000001. One of the NPCs in your mod has FormID fe001001 (Aisha). What happens if I delete the mod that brings the new armor into the game? Aisha will get a new FormID, namely fe000001.

How will the game react when it wants to load the fe000001 armor that was left in the save file, but is prompted to load Aisha (fe000001) instead?

If I am wrong, correct me please.

Edited by evp
8 minutes ago, evp said:

As I see it, this is a very controversial decision for a mod that places new objects (in this case, NPCs) in the game world.

Suppose I have an ESPFE mod that describes some new armor. And your ESPFE mod that describes some NPCs.

The armor in the first mod has FormID fe000001. One of the NPCs in your mod has FormID fe001001 (Aisha). What happens if I delete the mod that brings the new armor into the game? Aisha will get a new FormID, namely fe000001.

How will the game react when it wants to load the fe000001 armor that was left in the save file, but is prompted to load Aisha (fe000001) instead?

Your worry is unrelated to the plugin being esl-flagged.  Deleting mods mid run will have exactly the same effect regardless of plugin type (esp/esl/espfe).  If you have regular esp at 15000001 and another at 16000001, and you delete the first mod, how would that be any different from your example case?  The engine will work around it but you might get errors over the long term.  It is highly recommended never to delete mods mid-run, with minor exceptions for things like plugin-free texture replacers. 

In my opinion, setting the esl-flag is "Considerate Mod Author 101" if your mods are small enough to qualify.

8 minutes ago, evp said:

The game gives each resource a prid which is unique to the spawned resource and is saved in the game file.

So you have a BaseID (used by a mod as a template) and a dynamically assigned prID when an item is spawned, which makes each spawned item unique.

The games doesn't save the BaseID in the save file, it saves the prID. So when removing a mod the game tries to load the prID and fails and moves on. Unless that item is scripted then shite hits the fan. LOL

Think of the BaseID as a blueprint and the prID as the spawned resource. For example, you can build 100 floor tiles from the same BaseID but each will have a different prID.

You just tried to explain to me what a Class is and what a Instance of a Class is. Thanks, but I know it ))

And yet there is a difference between how the engine handles individual "legal" ESP and ESPFE if only because it wasn't originally used for such a trick. I can assume that all ESPFEs are treated as one plugin by the game. By removing some ESPFE mod you are thus removing part of that super-plugin. It is absolutely certain that the game was not designed in such a way that within the address space of one ESP the IDs would change during one playthrough.

My point is that removing one or more ESPs the game can understand. But changing within one ESP (which, in fact, is what collection of ESPFE plugins are) records with one ID to records of a different type with the same ID... I'm afraid this engine is not designed for that. ESPFE was invented, to my deepest belief, solely so that we could override another mod's records without taking up a precious ESP slot. And all mods that create new entities in the game should be, in my opinion, in ESP format.

In any case, my recommendation is to convert the mod to ESP format. At the same time you will have an excuse to check your mod for errors and fix them. It's not good to post for public use a mod that has elementary errors that can be removed in 15 minutes of work in FO4Edit.

Thanks for your attention and good luck in your work. ))

Edited by evp
1 hour ago, evp said:

You just tried to explain to me what a Class is and what a Instance of a Class is. Thanks, but I know it ))

And yet there is a difference between how the engine handles individual "legal" ESP and ESPFE if only because it wasn't originally used for such a trick. I can assume that all ESPFEs are treated as one plugin by the game. By removing some ESPFE mod you are thus removing part of that super-plugin. It is absolutely certain that the game was not designed in such a way that within the address space of one ESP the IDs would change during one playthrough.

My point is that removing one or more ESPs the game can understand. But changing within one ESP (which, in fact, is what collection of ESPFE plugins are) records with one ID to records of a different type with the same ID... I'm afraid this engine is not designed for that. ESPFE was invented, to my deepest belief, solely so that we could override another mod's records without taking up a precious ESP slot. And all mods that create new entities in the game should be, in my opinion, in ESP format.

In any case, my recommendation is to convert the mod to ESP format. At the same time you will have an excuse to check your mod for errors and fix them. It's not good to post for public use a mod that has elementary errors that can be removed in 15 minutes of work in FO4Edit.

Thanks for your attention and good luck in your work. ))

Not how it actually works, but good theory.

The engine reserves the 0xFE primary plugin ID for "light" flagged plugins and then allocates each of them a secondary ID in the following 12 bits of the address space. Any form where the first 8 bits are 0xFE then get the next 12 bits masked so that the final 12 bits are used for the relative ID within the plugin (also why the relative IDs are required to fall within the 0x000-0xFFF range when creating them). Adding, removing, or re-sorting these "light" ESPs works fine with existing saves, at least as well as it does with non-light-flagged ESPs, the only substantive difference being that you can't add more than 4096 new forms to a light plugin, but you can have up to 4096 such plugins enabled at the same time.

Edit: Also, if you're coming from Skyrim, I gather the situation is slightly different there, since the game engine considers relative IDs in the 0x000-0x7FF range as reserved, so the forms added by your plugin have to fall into the 0x800-0xFFF range, meaning you can only put 2048 forms in a light plugin there.

Edited by vaultbait
2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Not how it actually works, but good theory.

And after you said that, you repeated exactly what I said. ))

You are right, all light masters and light plugins are given one FE slot by the game. FE(254) is the slot number, the next three hex digits (0-4096) denote the plugin number and the last three hex digits (0-4096) are given to the plugin to number its NEW entries. But, actually, this space is usually occupied by one regular esl or esm plugin. This is what I meant in my previous post.

Now I'll tell you how it works. ESLs, even though they have the slot number penultimate, are loaded after ESM but before ESP. NEW light plugin entries are loaded the same way between ESM and ESP. Light plugin entries that override entries from other mods are loaded, obeying the general loading order.

In the example of your mod, all NPCs with ID FExxxyyy will be loaded BEFORE all ESL files, including BEFORE the Commonwealth Captives master mod is loaded. Personally, I don't see that there would be any problem in this case, but have you thought about it? What changes to the master file could, under the existing loading order, break your mod and the whole game in general? Can you guarantee that this won't happen?

The whole point of my first post apparently escaped the readers. I didn't ask to be lectured on hexadecimal addressing in Fallout 4. I simply said that there is no need to create unnecessary POTENTIAL points of failure in a game that already has enough problems of its own.

Good luck with that! ))

PS. Please clean your mod of errors, though. Especially since you know about them and wrote about it yourself. :)

42 minutes ago, evp said:

Now I'll tell you how it works. ESLs, even though they have the slot number penultimate, are loaded after ESM but before ESP. NEW light plugin entries are loaded the same way between ESM and ESP. Light plugin entries that override entries from other mods are loaded, obeying the general loading order.

I'm not sure where you're getting this. In my experience, the game engine loads all light-flagged ESP files respecting the order you place them in your plugins list, so they can absolutely have other ESPs as masters and correctly load after them.

3 hours ago, evp said:

Can you guarantee that this won't happen?

Yeper bud! I sure as hell 1000% can.

Because I have privileged inside information and personal contacts with developers.

So don't worry about things you don't understand. It's all good. ;)