6 minutes ago, DarkKnightGamer0912 said:

Hello! :) Just found out this morning I got banned from Nexus mods.  I think I see why a lot of people are coming here instead of Nexus.  If you want to see my work, this "was" my old Nexus page.  Now I got to copy & save all of my new stuff so I can share it on here.  This is my old page with all of my stuff still downloaded on it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/users/81657833

So I got banned because I posted a couple of photos I should have never posted on the Nexus website.  One of the images I posted involved an Anita Sarkeesian meme with my own female character from Skyrim SE.  The second image was just simply exposing the Nexus admins who flagged my image for removal with again my female character from Skyrim SE with a black bar reading "CENSORED" on it.  That image also got removed.  I would love to share these images with everyone, but I'm not sure if it's safe for me to share them on here because I don't want to get into anymore trouble.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE the mods on Nexus!  LOVE them to death!  But their moderators/management I see are too strict.  I don't like that.  So that's why I'm here.  Other than this I want to share my other work with everyone on here and see how it goes.  

Before I came here I did a search and seen this guy made a post also involving getting banned from the Nexus community.  I didn't see anything wrong with his images.  I thought they we're hillarious! ???

Not that my opinion is worth shit but this is what I would do. I would PM one of the moderators (not Ashal and not Bruce Wayne) with any images that you fear might cause you to be banned. You can find the list by going to the header on any page (including this one) and hovering over the "browse" button on the right side of the page. You should get a pulldown menu which includes "staff".  Click on that and the site's staff should be evident. Choose one and send them a PM.

Good luck and welcome to LL!

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Not that my opinion is worth shit but this is what I would do. I would PM one of the moderators (not Ashal and not Bruce Wayne) with any images that you fear might cause you to be banned. You can find the list by going to the header on any page (including this one) and hovering over the "browse" button on the right side of the page. You should get a pulldown menu which includes "staff".  Click on that and the site's staff should be evident. Choose one and send them a PM.

Thanks.  I see we can at least use language on here without getting banned.  Lol!  ??  It's going to take me a while to transfer all of my work on here.  The image is really nothing to sneeze at.  It was a simple protest image against Anita Sarkeesian and what the admins of Nexus did.  Normally I don't post such things like this.  I have yet to see how well my other work does on here.   I'm going to be busy transferring all of my stuff to here for a while.  I have a lot of content from the Nexus website. 

3 minutes ago, Konata Inoue said:

>Banned for posting a meme relative to Anita Sarkeesian
Whelp, there go my dreams of making and sharing a preset of her.

Anyways, welcome to Loverslab!

LMAO! ??  Oh yeah.  I'm already loving this group already after you posted this.  Trust me.  Thank you for the much needed warm welcome. 

26 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Loverslab is very different as Nexus, here one are not immediately banished.
I've made mistakes here many times, of course I was punished for it, in the form of warnings.
But on Nexus I was banished because of an utterance which was justified.

26 minutes ago, winny257 said:

Loverslab is very different as Nexus, here one are not immediately banished.
I've made mistakes here many times, of course I was punished for it, in the form of warnings.
But on Nexus I was banished because of an utterance which was justified.

So does this site have the same mods Nexus has? If not, what sites does Lovers Lab use for external assets? I mainly download animation mods, idles, weapons and armor mods for my female characters.  I see my ban was more trouble than it was worth.  I had to remake a new account on there just so I can download and install mods to my games again.  Lol!  Oh my God.  ??

39 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Be decent and courteous to mod authors and other members here and you will be welcome.

Pirates and people using pirated mods - not so much.

I have here over 17,000 Posts written and you think everything went smoothly?
we are here in an open, free community and of course there is controversy. it would be boring if all of the same opinion are.
most of the time the dispute ends quickly, if not, the moderators intervene and there are warnings. :classic_wink:

the most important thing is the forum rules!

https://www.loverslab.com/guidelines/

many members have been here for several years but they don't even know the rules. :classic_laugh:

oh gee... I got like almost 4k replies on that thread, but never posted again... Boy did i let that train go... Oh well... Just a few days ago i was talking to my ESO guild mates about my ban back in the day, and they even knew the moderator that banned me, he seems to be a banning celebrity of sorts within that community, since the knew him. Vampire Dante i think it was his name... What a righteous fella. Sorry to hear you got banned aswell... It seems rather arbitrary, since i know where my heart was back in the day when i posted them,  i was way more naive and just wanted to share some fun strips with a community that at large really appreciated them... Oh well...

I was actually thinking on posting new strips im working on, but they aint related to Skyrim perse, but to ESO... and... it aint the same audience i guess, and they're less "spicy". It's also peculiar to see how these overly sensitive, easily offended, virtue signaling morality watch dogs were gaining momentum even back in the day... Nowadays feels like all major companies bend their knees to pander to them so they don't get cancelled... How can one engage in any manner of creatively honest endeavor when has to self censor, and moderate everything... It turns humor and art into an insipid, joyless and far inferior version of what it could really be.

23 minutes ago, weaselheart said:

oh gee... I got like almost 4k replies on that thread, but never posted again... Boy did i let that train go... Oh well... Just a few days ago i was talking to my ESO guild mates about my ban back in the day, and they even knew the moderator that banned me, he seems to be a banning celebrity of sorts within that community, since the knew him. Vampire Dante i think it was his name... What a righteous fella. Sorry to hear you got banned aswell... It seems rather arbitrary, since i know where my heart was back in the day when i posted them,  i was way more naive and just wanted to share some fun strips with a community that at large really appreciated them... Oh well...

I was actually thinking on posting new strips im working on, but they aint related to Skyrim perse, but to ESO... and... it aint the same audience i guess, and they're less "spicy". It's also peculiar to see how these overly sensitive, easily offended, virtue signaling morality watch dogs were gaining momentum even back in the day... Nowadays feels like all major companies bend their knees to pander to them so they don't get cancelled... How can one engage in any manner of creatively honest endeavor when has to self censor, and moderate everything... It turns humor and art into an insipid, joyless and far inferior version of what it could really be.

Wow.  You're still here! ?  That's cool.  Your images are hilarious!  I can believe Nexus moderators would go anal over images like this.  Trust me.  I know how you feel.  I too am getting sick of these overly sensitive soy boys/girls who want to make everything about only them when the internet is supposed to be an open platform for everyone to express free speech.  I'm only going to download mods from that site from now on.  I'm still in the process of extracting all of my screenshots so I can share them with everyone on here.  It's truly an honor to meet you.  Your image of Lord Harkon is hilarious! ?? 

As far as what happened on Nexus, oh well.  I'm just shrugging my shoulders at the moderators now.  Perhaps this is for the better.  I know I'll definitely be fine here now after reading your post. 

16 hours ago, winny257 said:

the most important thing is the forum rules!

https://www.loverslab.com/guidelines/

many members have been here for several years but they don't even know the rules. :classic_laugh:

I agree with Winny (in this case, though I have disagreed with him in some rare occasions), though would like to point out that the reason that many people don't know the rules is because there is one basic one that covers most of the rules "Don't be a dick".

18 hours ago, DarkKnightGamer0912 said:

So does this site have the same mods Nexus has? If not, what sites does Lovers Lab use for external assets? I mainly download animation mods, idles, weapons and armor mods for my female characters.  I see my ban was more trouble than it was worth.  I had to remake a new account on there just so I can download and install mods to my games again.  Lol!  Oh my God.  ??

many of the mods (and modders) link to Nexus or other modding sites for external assets (I keep my mod/s at Nexus).   So, it is a good idea to keep the throwaway account at Nexus.

4 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

many of the mods (and modders) link to Nexus or other modding sites for external assets (I keep my mod/s at Nexus).   So, it is a good idea to keep the throwaway account at Nexus.

Thank you for this.  I'll hang on to my account just in case things change after a few months, but for now I'm going to have to find outside sources for all of my games for external assets.  The site just IP banned me yesterday.  I can't believe what I'm experiencing right now.  Since when did the moderators on Nexus become a bunch of over zealots pricks?  The reason they went in this direction is beyond me.  I screen capped everything that happened.  I found a couple of outside sources, but they're Russian sites one of your members recommended.  I have a translator too so I can read the website I'm going to.  Honestly after what they did I'd rather boycott Nexus for a while and see how that goes. 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, DarkKnightGamer0912 said:

Thank you for this.  I'll hang on to my account just in case things change after a few months, but for now I'm going to have to find outside sources for all of my games for external assets.  The site just IP banned me yesterday.  I can't believe what I'm experiencing right now.  Since when did the moderators on Nexus become a bunch of over zealots pricks?  The reason they went in this direction is beyond me.  I screen capped everything that happened.  I found a couple of outside sources, but they're Russian sites one of your members recommended.  I have a translator too so I can read the website I'm going to.  Honestly after what they did I'd rather boycott Nexus for a while and see how that goes. 

I am interested, but this forum topic is not the place for such a discussion.  Hit me up in PM, if you like.

12 minutes ago, darktavbro said:

Hello everybody I’m new and don’t know

much about Modding. Would appreciate any help lol 

Welcome to LL. Let me suggest that, since we don't know you, any information would be useful. Such as, what game(s) are you interested in modding?

Hey everyone! Im mostly interested in Sims and to some degree Skyrim but if I'll be able to run bannerlord (buying tomorrow) I'll probably get addicted to that!

There's no bannerlord segment as far as I can see but I believe you guys waiting for proper mod support for that?

6 hours ago, Brigitte L. said:

Hey everyone! Im mostly interested in Sims and to some degree Skyrim but if I'll be able to run bannerlord (buying tomorrow) I'll probably get addicted to that!

There's no bannerlord segment as far as I can see but I believe you guys waiting for proper mod support for that?

Welcome. :) There is an "other games" category where all the games go that don't get enough attention to require a category of their own. I have no clue if bannerlord will get any attention at all, but it doesn't hurt checking out. :)

1 hour ago, Liongirl91 said:

Hello

Im New here my name is Selita

i hope you all are safe and healthy 

Welcome Selita (aka Liongirl91) to LoversLab (LL)! Enjoy yourself. Visit the threads that interest you and ask questions if you run across an obstacle. ?