3 hours ago, vilkws said:

Hello everyone! I Joined yesterday :classic_smile:

Hope we all get along well ^^

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome to LL! ? I'm sure we'll get along quite swimmingly. ? 

Just for your amusement and edification: on the bottom left hand corner of every page (including this one) in blue type is View Community Rules. This will let you know how to avoid getting into bad odor with the Moderators.

1 hour ago, sshar22 said:

Hi peeps

Somehow I am back, don't know why, don't know how.

Seems that both hell and heaven did not want me ?

Will take a long time to recuperate but I hope I can find a way to pass it

Anyway, glad to be back ?

Sshar

Welcome back and take your time to recuperate. Don't strain yourself - we're not going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Ammannu said:

Hi!

Welcome. Nice avatar. Entomologist are we? ?

6 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Welcome back and take your time to recuperate. Don't strain yourself - we're not going anywhere.

Welcome. Nice avatar. Entomologist are we? ?

:P This was the first picture I saw in the downloads folder and I took quite a liking to it

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zebuta said:

Hello I am Zebuta. I have been a long time lurker so thought I would join this community.

Welcome and please post away!  We are pretty relaxed at LL, so welcome and enjoy!  One of the best things here is that we seem to avoid the "if you don't think like me you are an evil person" that seems so pervasive elsewhere.  Also, I am sorry to hear of your negative experiences as a Disney Security Guard.

Hello Everyone! Lapin here! Long time lurker and first time speaker. After participating in the "Join the forums then creepily watch everyone in silence" challenge for almost five years I've decided to finally introduce myself.

I play a lot of games and I also enjoy modding my games and this is by far my favorite modding community. I look forward to interacting and sharing with you all. ?

4 hours ago, LeLapinErotique said:

Hello Everyone! Lapin here! Long time lurker and first time speaker. After participating in the "Join the forums then creepily watch everyone in silence" challenge for almost five years I've decided to finally introduce myself.

I play a lot of games and I also enjoy modding my games and this is by far my favorite modding community. I look forward to interacting and sharing with you all. ?

Welcome Aboard! Glad to have you speak up. I'm sure that, after 5 years, you have a lot to add here.

Hi,

Created this account in 2014 for modding Skyrim. I never got beyond lurking and stopped playing for a couple of years. Have recently rediscovered gaming and am currently enjoying myself with Skyrim SE and Fallout 4.
I've been dabbling in mods and noticed I'd like to learn more about modding and porting existing mods. Mostly for SkyrimSE and Fallout4, as it's easier for me to learn stuff when I can connect my efforts to my interests, but I'm not against pitching in on other projects.

I have some basic programming experience mostly with javascript and a bit of python. Am keen to learn more in other script languages. Would also like to learn about animating and physics.

So if I can pitch in for someone and you don't mind spending some time answering questions or guiding me a bit then let me know.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:51 AM, stanhu said:

Hi,

Created this account in 2014 for modding Skyrim. I never got beyond lurking and stopped playing for a couple of years. Have recently rediscovered gaming and am currently enjoying myself with Skyrim SE and Fallout 4.
I've been dabbling in mods and noticed I'd like to learn more about modding and porting existing mods. Mostly for SkyrimSE and Fallout4, as it's easier for me to learn stuff when I can connect my efforts to my interests, but I'm not against pitching in on other projects.

I have some basic programming experience mostly with javascript and a bit of python. Am keen to learn more in other script languages. Would also like to learn about animating and physics.

So if I can pitch in for someone and you don't mind spending some time answering questions or guiding me a bit then let me know.

Hello Stanhu

There was a time when programming was a rich man's game, now there are millions of poor coders (variation on a golf joke I read far too many years ago) .   IN any event, there are a number of pro, semi pro and amateur coders in here, though this is certainly not like github, so your level of knowledge of coding is probably sufficient for most of the questions here. 

So, one question from your post, are you more interested in cracking the .vbf files your self or more interested in modding within a tool like creation kit?    Like i alluded to above, cracking into coding (I am a novice Unity (and  sure  VB, too) coder) is a bit beyond most things here, but CK modding, then this forum is spot on.  

Finally, welcome and we look forward to seeing your work and/or contributions!

On 9/7/2020 at 6:42 AM, steelpanther24 said:

Hello Stanhu

There was a time when programming was a rich man's game, now there are millions of poor coders (variation on a golf joke I read far too many years ago) .   IN any event, there are a number of pro, semi pro and amateur coders in here, though this is certainly not like github, so your level of knowledge of coding is probably sufficient for most of the questions here. 

So, one question from your post, are you more interested in cracking the .vbf files your self or more interested in modding within a tool like creation kit?    Like i alluded to above, cracking into coding (I am a novice Unity (and  sure  VB, too) coder) is a bit beyond most things here, but CK modding, then this forum is spot on.  

Finally, welcome and we look forward to seeing your work and/or contributions!

Hey steelpanther,

Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

For SkyrimSE and Fallout I'm interested in using Creation Kit, I don't think my lvl of understanding is sufficient for game development outside of the toolkits available, though I tend to learn quick when it comes to scripting by copy pasting and trial and error.

Been dabbling about in CK a bit. Also just altered some of the mods I've downloaded; like change textures, meshes things like that. Edited some outfits in outfit studio. Read up on physics and collisions. Also tried Blender but got stuck on loading the nifs, followed this guide I found about getting an older version and installing both an older version of Python and this other addon it needs to install the plugin, but could'nt get it to work. So doing anything with animations etc might be a bridge too far. Or maybe I just need to try again.

Also ported a couple Oldrim mods with "Cathedral mod port" which seemed to work fine. Then came across a mod that needed a .DLL to be ported and noticed that required a bit more than just a tool. I also need to learn about the social conventions when porting stuff.

I am rather reluctant when it comes to social interactions, online even more than IRL and it was quite a step to actually post something here.

I'd just really like to help with the awesome work that's being done by people in this community, so much that I decided to actually post something. 
I reckon if I could help you or someone else with anything I'd first need to read read read, then try try try, and generally if I really can't figure something out myself or can't find any of the answers online I'd ask whoever I'm helping.

Regards,

6 hours ago, Janssieve said:

I came here looking for Sims 4 mods... I stayed for the awesome community of kinky weirdo gamers and modders. ✌️

Hey! Who are you calling kinky? (Aside: what's that? Yeah this is LL...so). Okay then, who are you calling a weirdo? (Aside: what? Not again?)

Welcome to LL!

56 minutes ago, mdchef94 said:

I’m new to this but the mods are cool 

Thank you very much. Here on LL you can "like" mods. Go to the page where you download the mod. Scroll down until you get to the bottom of the description of the mod. In the bottom right hand corner there is a green thumbs-up button. Click on it. You've just "liked the mod." This will let the mod's author know you appreciate the work AND it will allow others who come after you to have an idea of how well-liked a particular mod is.