Does having a follower influence road events triggering? I've gotten the orc event to trigger once while i was testing and my PC was on her own but now in an actual playthrough with a Follower i havent had even a single road event trigger yet despite wearing an armor with the 'pretty' keyword at all times

Edited by 814661

someone had asked if this worked with Nether's follower Framework. The answer is no. The one time I used it, I had faced off with a challenger and my followers attacked him. I If this can be dealt with in the mcm of NFF I do not know. So say it needs a patch would be more likely.

For info the latest version still needs the mcm fix patch given somewhere in the thread (look for "mcm fix" in this topic), even if it's for version 3.90, apparently it was not merged with the latest version... a bad indication for the stability of this mod for sure, when even the mcm doesn't show, it's a very bad start !

10 hours ago, 814661 said:

Does having a follower influence road events triggering? I've gotten the orc event to trigger once while i was testing and my PC was on her own but now in an actual playthrough with a Follower i havent had even a single road event trigger yet despite wearing an armor with the 'pretty' keyword at all times

I played with followers and they just stood and watched, didn't stop events from triggering or proceeding.

On 5/21/2021 at 4:44 AM, klatti said:

I do not get it to be defeated by the Argonians in Windhelm. Everything I tried, I end up by death, even with the essential switch opt in. I am using as well defeat with the Baka addon, however it is not funtional as well for the Argonain fight. Does anyone get this quest done?

:EDIT: may there be any console command to bypass the defeat stage in this case?

After many resets and struggles I overcame this by manually setting my character as essential

setessential 00000007 1

Must be a problem with the mod's handling of essential PC.

Couple notes: 1) I tried to get both Argonian titles at once, but only got the displayed title. I recommend you do the normal defeat first, reset the event, and get the displayed event second by killing one of the men before being defeated. 2) Don't turn off essential until all of the events have played and you have your title.

(If you have problems with the entirety of the mod working)

So after experimenting by starting a new game (With Alternate Start...went with a non-vanilla start) I went right to Amren (In Whiterun) and got some new dialogue, I ran all the way to Nightgate Inn, I however didn't get the ambush sequence in the basement. On the manual it doesn't seem like there's any requirements, so its odd I didn't get it. 

I however did encounter a "Rapist Orc" he actually talked to me this time, on the OG playthrough with this mod he would run up and just be hostile right away. I also encountered bandits raping a "Captured Knight", setting myself with essential didn't do anything, I got killed. 

To fix this, I set myself using the "setessential 00000007 1" (Same as above). With this method I was able to get some more general dialogue. I didnt register any animations with Sexlab, so nothing happened. I just rushed the new character wanted to see if starting a new game fixed. It seemingly fixed somethings. I'm gonna test the "Markarth Guard Event" in Markarth. Ill edit that in here <Markarth Guard Event went well, dialogue went smooth too, Oddly enough I aslo tried it on the save I claim doesn't work right, the Markarth event did work>. 

So yah, some problems like the Nightgate Inn event and not becoming essential might be on my end, not sure. If they are the mods fault, I'd like if one of you (If bored could replicate the results I gathered with a new game, or perhaps get different results. I'm guessing most people have no problem with this mod, but I like troubleshooting as to help others. On my OG playthrough most of the stuff didn't work, not sure why, I thought I had it enabled before I started a new game.

So I recommend Starting a new game, unfortunately that's the only thing that made the entire mod work for me.     

Edited by Doctor Fate
Markarth Worked

I've gotten road events working with a full save clean. I wonder what the Enslaved Knights faction is since a lot of the roaming NPCs and guards will attack them on sight. Also, I might look into changing what hair all the knights use. I don't have that Hairpack that is required and lost to time. Nevermind, I found a link to it. Never-nevermind, I don't have space for another ESM and ESP. If I can change their hair to something like KS Hair I'll post a file for it. I guess you just need the meshes and textures.

Edited by Papersword
What a wonderful ride
5 hours ago, Papersword said:

I've gotten road events working with a full save clean. I wonder what the Enslaved Knights faction is since a lot of the roaming NPCs and guards will attack them on sight. Also, I might look into changing what hair all the knights use. I don't have that Hairpack that is required and lost to time. Nevermind, I found a link to it. Never-nevermind, I don't have space for another ESM and ESP. If I can change their hair to something like KS Hair I'll post a file for it. I guess you just need the meshes and textures.

So I can disable SG Hair and Brows .esp file?

1 hour ago, neneXgod said:

So I can disable SG Hair and Brows .esp file?

Yeah. The SG Hair pack I found also had an ESM that you can disable. Babodialogue doesn't have them as a Master but actually directly references the files. I know it's not super cool to include other mod author's work directly in yours but, SG Hairs has been in a limbo so bundling the meshes and textures in BD would save a lot of hassle.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:11 AM, LT Roarke said:

The only way if gotten the Whiterun Orc event working is to:

1. Fight in the civil war and help defend/capture Whiterun. (I've only done an Imperial side, so I don't know if Stormcloak side works the same way)

2. Buy Breezehome, enter it so Lydia shows up inside too, and then talk to Hulda about interesting rumors. (She should congratulate you on becoming a citizen of Whiterun)

3. Exit Whiterun and return when you receive a notification about being alarmed about something.

I managed to get a recurring Whiterun Orc event by:

1. Making sure the location event for the orc messenger is on.

2. Visit different Whiterun shops to get him to show up and talk with him. (Giving him 500 gold grants you positive reputation points)

3. Exit Whiterun and return once you receive another notification.

To start the Vice Captain event:

1. Instead of allowing Lydia to free you, get a guard to help you out of the restraints. (If done right, you should receive the Whiterun Orc Fuck Toy title)

2. Talk to Commander Caius and ask for help. (I haven't done Dampened Spirits from the Thieves Guild, but you should be able to find him patrolling Whiterun)

3. Follow him to the guard barracks to be introduced to your new protector. Talk to the Vice Captain afterward.

4. Exit Whiterun, return once you receive a notification, get gangbanged again, and the orc event will finish a different way when Marx kills the orcs.

5. Accept the Vice Captain's demands by selecting the gibberish option and he'll wander inside Breezehome from now on. (I don't think the silent/defiant option works yet)

I never receive a notification after Vice Captain event step 3, is there anything I need to do to make it happen? 

20 hours ago, Doctor Fate said:

(If you have problems with the entirety of the mod working)

So after experimenting by starting a new game (With Alternate Start...went with a non-vanilla start) I went right to Amren (In Whiterun) and got some new dialogue, I ran all the way to Nightgate Inn, I however didn't get the ambush sequence in the basement. On the manual it doesn't seem like there's any requirements, so its odd I didn't get it. 

I however did encounter a "Rapist Orc" he actually talked to me this time, on the OG playthrough with this mod he would run up and just be hostile right away. I also encountered bandits raping a "Captured Knight", setting myself with essential didn't do anything, I got killed. 

To fix this, I set myself using the "setessential 00000007 1" (Same as above). With this method I was able to get some more general dialogue. I didnt register any animations with Sexlab, so nothing happened. I just rushed the new character wanted to see if starting a new game fixed. It seemingly fixed somethings. I'm gonna test the "Markarth Guard Event" in Markarth. Ill edit that in here <Markarth Guard Event went well, dialogue went smooth too, Oddly enough I aslo tried it on the save I claim doesn't work right, the Markarth event did work>. 

So yah, some problems like the Nightgate Inn event and not becoming essential might be on my end, not sure. If they are the mods fault, I'd like if one of you (If bored could replicate the results I gathered with a new game, or perhaps get different results. I'm guessing most people have no problem with this mod, but I like troubleshooting as to help others. On my OG playthrough most of the stuff didn't work, not sure why, I thought I had it enabled before I started a new game.

So I recommend Starting a new game, unfortunately that's the only thing that made the entire mod work for me.     

My wild ass guess is that this mod toggles the essential switch instead of forcing it on, so if you have a defeat mod or somesuch that already sets you as essential this mod will turn it off during events. It's just odd because it didn't use to happen a few months ago (was essential during events).

About keywords : the 1st page says compatible with slax, but slax doesn't have the keywords you talk about, I have :

sla_naked

sla_bikini

sla_sexy

sla_slooty

sla_illegal

sla_posh

sla_ragged

for the main armor

and sla_highheels for the shoes

hum, I guess you don't use most of these in your mod ? Is there a way to assign the keywords you talk about ingame, with something other than slax then since it doesn't have them ?

22 minutes ago, zelurker said:

About keywords : the 1st page says compatible with slax, but slax doesn't have the keywords you talk about, I have :

sla_naked

sla_bikini

sla_sexy

sla_slooty

sla_illegal

sla_posh

sla_ragged

for the main armor

and sla_highheels for the shoes

hum, I guess you don't use most of these in your mod ? Is there a way to assign the keywords you talk about ingame, with something other than slax then since it doesn't have them ?

You can figure this out by reading the source of the main script (BaboDiaMonitorScript.psc).

16 minutes ago, gooser said:

You can figure this out by reading the source of the main script (BaboDiaMonitorScript.psc).

Ah good, but I never wrote any script for skyrim, anyway I guess I can try to download the sources and see if I find any of these keywords in it...

The approach to modify a condition in babodialogue.esp using sseedit as explained here :

seems much easier though ! (the only problem is to know which keywords to replace... !).

edit : after looking with ssedit, these keywords seem to only exist in the mcm, ssedit doesn't propose them when editing the plugin this way ! What a mess... !

Edited by zelurker

Some more about this : the approach of slax is not exactly the same, they don't directly assign keywords, there are % assigned to each category. And I didn't have the full translation, once translated these categories display in english (just remove the sla_ prefix).

Anyway after testing, wearing something and assigning to it the sexy category has no effect.

But assigning most of them except ragged has an effect, I encountered the 4 nords while testing, they were saying my character was dressed like a whore, well considering the categories they might have been right actually ! ?

Anyway I don't usually wear this kind of skimpy armor so this mod might not be for me, but it would be nice to know exactly which category has an effect. I was not patient enough to test them 1 by 1 (it takes time after that you still have to make an encounter, which is not immediate !).

7 hours ago, zelurker said:

Some more about this : the approach of slax is not exactly the same, they don't directly assign keywords, there are % assigned to each category. And I didn't have the full translation, once translated these categories display in english (just remove the sla_ prefix).

Anyway after testing, wearing something and assigning to it the sexy category has no effect.

But assigning most of them except ragged has an effect, I encountered the 4 nords while testing, they were saying my character was dressed like a whore, well considering the categories they might have been right actually ! ?

Anyway I don't usually wear this kind of skimpy armor so this mod might not be for me, but it would be nice to know exactly which category has an effect. I was not patient enough to test them 1 by 1 (it takes time after that you still have to make an encounter, which is not immediate !).

You should use the Baka Factory Edit edition of SLA Redux from the mod page. SLAX has some keywords that will work, but the Baka Edit has the full list. After that you need to add SLA as a master to the ESP file that contains the armor you want to edit. Then you can add the keywords to the armour. There's a PDF that outlines the way you should add them. Beyond that, a lot of the keyword requirements can be viewed in xEdit under dialog. I think it's been said before but, the most impactful keywords are Erotic Armor, Half-Naked, Half-Naked Bikini, Pretty Armor, and Lewd Leotard AFAIK.

PS. If you don't want to use the Baka Edit, I guess you'd have to edit the keywords from that into SLAX. Basically, load both mods then copy the keywords from BEdit to SLAX or maybe into the Babo Dialogue ESP. Then add whichever one as a master to the mod you are using for armour and proceed from there.

Edited by Papersword
Spelling correction, Post Script

Hi - I've been able to add keywords to my various clothing and accessory mods so that the excellent Babo mods work awesomely.  

I'd have a couple of clothing replacer mods that I mix and match.  In order to add keywords to those clothing items, I need to create a patch of the vanilla esp.  I'm sure it starts with "copy as override" but I'm not confident enough with SSEEdit yet to finish the process.  In particular, I'd like to patch a few clothes and shoes, the latter, for example, so that wearing Real High Heels potentially triggers the Babo mods.

Anyone willing to give me a step by step?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.