First of, great mod!

Especially as for some reason you can't simply stash those keys in your own house's chests and boxes as they are quest items. So you have to keep them in your inventory for the next capture. Urgh. This armor bench thingie is a great work around.

Could you allow specifically Diamond City to be free, is that possible?

1 hour ago, ispammail said:

First of, great mod!

Especially as for some reason you can't simply stash those keys in your own house's chests and boxes as they are quest items. So you have to keep them in your inventory for the next capture. Urgh. This armor bench thingie is a great work around.

Maybe that's incentive to work your way up to buying Home Plate and earning sufficient perks to be able to build an armor workbench inside it?

3 hours ago, ispammail said:

First of, great mod!

Glad you're enjoying it!  It's probably possible, but I'd rather keep things simple and avoid carving out locational exceptions.  However, there are a couple things that might work for you.

1- If you're comfortable using xEdit (or willing to learn), it wouldn't be terribly complicated to add an extra condition to the unlock perk. 

2- You can turn the unlock price to zero caps in MCM, either permanently or just whenever you're inside Diamond City.

3- You can build an armor bench inside Home Plate as vaultbait suggested

4- You can buy Home Plate and then install a mod like ALoot's Home Plate which includes an armor bench.

Edited by spicydoritos
spelling
  • 2 weeks later...

The only problem is that the bench unlocks the devices too quickly, after all you have to allow "circumstances" to catch up to the player...  I do not know if you are up for suggestions but...

1) Disable the all devices at once option, 

2) allow a timed animation for each attempt, perhaps the classical struggling animation...

3) allow a random chance for both (a) jamming / destroying the workbench and (b) accidentally harming / crippling oneself, both with modifiers for being cuffed behind the back.

I realize the last suggestion may be a little complicated and would require "public" machines be reset after a couple of days, while dungeon workbenches could be reset with the cell.

Still, I thank you for your time in reading this and I hope I wasn't too presumptuous.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, BHAitken said:

The only problem is that the bench unlocks the devices too quickly, after all you have to allow "circumstances" to catch up to the player...  I do not know if you are up for suggestions but...

1) Disable the all devices at once option, 

2) allow a timed animation for each attempt, perhaps the classical struggling animation...

3) allow a random chance for both (a) jamming / destroying the workbench and (b) accidentally harming / crippling oneself, both with modifiers for being cuffed behind the back.

I realize the last suggestion may be a little complicated and would require "public" machines be reset after a couple of days, while dungeon workbenches could be reset with the cell.

Still, I thank you for your time in reading this and I hope I wasn't too presumptuous.  Thank you.

I certainly don't mind polite suggestions.  At best I implement them, at worst I gently decline.

In this case I think you're circling back a little too far towards the behavior of vanilla DD.  Struggling out of restraints individually over time, with a risk of your key/lock breaking, is the default "cost" (in time/effort) of escaping DD. 

The point of DDBU is to lower that cost down to the time investment of locating the nearest armor bench.  After that, you're supposed to be done, free of restraints, and getting back to adventuring.  It shouldn't be "hop to the nearest bench and THEN still spend time struggling and risk having to travel elsewhere".  I see where you're coming from, because the escape cost of doing it your way is still less than the default escape cost of DD.  However, such suggestions would only be added as an MCM option, and I'm not sure really the added granularity fits my intent here.  I don't know.  I may ponder it for the next time I feel like tinkering, but no promises.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, spicydoritos said:

Version 1.03 is up!  Just some minor polishing.

v. 1.03

-Added a kick idle to “percussive maintenance” attempts. This tacks on a bit of flavor while also tamping down the ability to spam the PM option endlessly.

-Cleaned up masters (thanks for catching that oversight, @Nebuchadnezzer2!).

Your mod is amazing and really makes Devious Devices pop as a system. Devious Devices alone leans too much into bondage simulator, I'm also trying to play a Fallout game. Now every settlement is a light in the darkness, and if I keep struggling/crawling to the city I'll eventually be free from my restraints!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, korfio said:

Does this work with DD RC8? Cause whenever I get restraints removed via workbench, the effects remain (the item is unequipped visually).

For example, boots still slow you down, etc. How can I debug this?

It should work with RC8, and in fact I run RC8 myself.  However I have a number of items disallowed including boots so I haven't witnessed their performance.  DDBU calls the RemoveGenericDeviceByKeyword function directly from DD.  Perhaps that function improperly processes certain RC8 items?

Which specific items are you seeing effects remain after removal?

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 3:42 PM, spicydoritos said:
On 2/21/2022 at 3:42 PM, spicydoritos said:

It should work with RC8, and in fact I run RC8 myself.  However I have a number of items disallowed including boots so I haven't witnessed their performance.  DDBU calls the RemoveGenericDeviceByKeyword function directly from DD.  Perhaps that function improperly processes certain RC8 items?

Which specific items are you seeing effects remain after removal?

I was trying with the slave boots, mainly getting the slowdown after removal. I don't remember now if other restraints had this issue. I think only the slowdown was the issue. I reported this on the slave boots mod, too. Hopefully they'll sort it out also because there was some suspicious behaviour with their onequip event.

Edit:

Here's the post and a workaround for anyone having this issue.

Edited by korfio

Version 1.04 is up!  No real changes to mod, just an ESL flag and re-packed as FOMOD.  I'll leave 1.03 up in case someone wants the ESP version for some reason.

WARNING: I advise installing on a new game, or at least a game that had no DDBU version before 1.04. Otherwise there will be remnants from the non-ESL DDBU version and its effects may not work correctly.

v. 1.04
-Converted to ESL-flagged ESP
-Packed into FOMOD for correct version display in modern mod managers

Edited by spicydoritos
1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

The latest version isn't ESL-flagged ESP.

Fucking hell, I packaged the wrong version... 1 sec.

Edit: Alright, the ACTUAL esl-flagged version should be posted now.  Sorry about that.

Edited by spicydoritos
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, TheNamesSnow said:

Is there a way to have this remove collars also?

It does remove DD collars. Are you trying to remove different collars, such as those provided by Real Handcuffs? Per the mod's description:

shock collars from Real Handcuffs use an electronic locking mechanism that cannot be picked via mechanical means; thus, shock collars cannot be unlocked at armor benches.

Edited by vaultbait
On 4/18/2022 at 5:34 AM, kazeha9 said:

very good but need some more mcm func/settings. more caps to  remove or some other stuff like chance reduction . in mid game people have enough caps to remove devices ) 
but cool at early game when you poor )

Maybe dispense more devices that lock onto you if percussive maintenance fails.

Honestly I don't want to ask for much for a mod that does everything it describes perfectly. The caps thing can be handled by other mods that make loosing all your caps a regular occurance, or the sex attributes mod that gives you a barter debuff for how slutty you are.

Perhaps a cost scaler that looks at how many caps you have then charges a certain percentage? Or more simply a scaler that looks at your levels and prices 200/lvl.

4 hours ago, run4loki2 said:

Maybe dispense more devices that lock onto you if percussive maintenance fails.

Honestly I don't want to ask for much for a mod that does everything it describes perfectly. The caps thing can be handled by other mods that make loosing all your caps a regular occurance, or the sex attributes mod that gives you a barter debuff for how slutty you are.

Perhaps a cost scaler that looks at how many caps you have then charges a certain percentage? Or more simply a scaler that looks at your levels and prices 200/lvl.

Either or both of the cost options would be straightforward to implement as MCM options.  Plus they're in tune with the main mod functions.  I wouldn't mind adding them.

When it comes to percussive maintenance, I agree that the current failure penalty isn't much of a deterrence.  It's really just meant to slow you down.  Any time I start contemplating alternatives, though, I end up with a bad potential return on investment.  DDBU isn't intended to be a major provider of content; it's just a simple utility to reduce the costs (time/effort) of being bound.  Any of the interesting penalties I might add (attach more devices?  summon the local constabulary?) risk taking nearly as much effort as the main mod, just to cover the failure mode of a secondary escape mechanism.

Or is percussive maintenance used so often as a primary escape mechanism that it's worth the added investment?  I realize everyone plays the game a bit differently.

On 4/19/2022 at 1:36 PM, spicydoritos said:

When it comes to percussive maintenance, I agree that the current failure penalty isn't much of a deterrence.  It's really just meant to slow you down.  Any time I start contemplating alternatives, though, I end up with a bad potential return on investment.

I'd rather a utility that works well. It does it's core job very very well.

As for percussive maintenance, I think the shock system could do with a slider for how much damage you want to take. Perhaps calls to sexual harassment to inject you with that mod's bimbo serum? Or calls to sex attribute to make you more submissive (which is a hard slider to move via gameplay). Or even calls to devious devices to reset all the time shields on the locks so now you have to wear them for a certain time.

Internally you could have a failed percussive maintenance lock down all the bench unlockers, refusing to provide you service for a few days. So only kick it if you really really need to get started on a quest.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.05 is up!

v. 1.05

-NOTICE: This version is ESL-flagged, and may be safely used to update version 1.04 or higher.

-Added new unlocking fee options for unowned benches. There are now three choices: flat fee, scaled to level, and percentage rate. Flat Fee works the same as before, where unlocking one item costs a fixed amount of caps. Scaled To Level is similar except the selected fee is multiplied by player's level. Percentage Rate takes a portion of your total caps (or minimum fixed fee, whichever is larger) for each item.

-Damage dealt by percussive maintenance failure is now a percentage of total health, which may be set in the MCM menu.

-Percussive maintenance failure has new optional integration with Sex Attributes and Sexual Harassment. Failure might increase your arousal, decrease your dom/sub orientation, and/or cause the machine to distribute indecent photos. Note: these mods are not required unless you wish to use the integration features.

-Increased max slider value for Bypass Success Mult. (i.e. chance of bypassing unlock fee with percussive maintenance).

Hoping I can get some help here.  For the last three character loadouts, I haven't been able to get this mod to work.  I just updated from 1.03 to 1.04 on my current character (new playthrough/partially different mod setup.)  There's clearly a conflict somewhere, but every time I run a conflict check with xEdit, the mod doesn't appear in the list.  That makes it really hard to diagnose.  I don't see any conflicting mods in the description page.  I use RC 8, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.  I also use  Cursed DD Enchantings and Boston Devious Helper.  But I wouldn't think either would conflict, and again, no conflicts appear in xEdit.  Anyone else run into this problem?  Anyone have any ideas?  

Savannah Vandenberg plugins list.txt

2 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

Hoping I can get some help here.  For the last three character loadouts, I haven't been able to get this mod to work.  I just updated from 1.03 to 1.04 on my current character (new playthrough/partially different mod setup.)  There's clearly a conflict somewhere, but every time I run a conflict check with xEdit, the mod doesn't appear in the list.  That makes it really hard to diagnose.  I don't see any conflicting mods in the description page.  I use RC 8, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.  I also use  Cursed DD Enchantings and Boston Devious Helper.  But I wouldn't think either would conflict, and again, no conflicts appear in xEdit.  Anyone else run into this problem?  Anyone have any ideas?  

Savannah Vandenberg plugins list.txt 3.24 kB · 0 downloads

Can you be more specific about what's not working?  Does it not remove devices properly, or do you not even see the extra interaction button at armor benches when wearing DD?  Do you see this mod in the MCM menu?

DDBU itself uses all new records, so there's nothing to conflict with.  About the only plugin issue I could envision is some mod overwriting the original keyword records on DD items. 

Could be a startup issue preventing the perk application quest from firing properly.  Check that your character has this perk:

Spoiler

DDBUperk.jpg.a229b1ad1b43452ec902316661744c91.jpg

Lastly, I know you said it's a new playthrough, but I'll emphasize this again anyway (just in case): I recommend that versions 1.04 and above should only be installed on a playthrough that has *never* had 1.03 or below installed.

28 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Can you be more specific about what's not working?  Does it not remove devices properly, or do you not even see the extra interaction button at armor benches when wearing DD?  Do you see this mod in the MCM menu?

DDBU itself uses all new records, so there's nothing to conflict with.  About the only plugin issue I could envision is some mod overwriting the original keyword records on DD items. 

Could be a startup issue preventing the perk application quest from firing properly.  Check that your character has this perk:

Hide contents

DDBUperk.jpg.a229b1ad1b43452ec902316661744c91.jpg

Lastly, I know you said it's a new playthrough, but I'll emphasize this again anyway (just in case): I recommend that versions 1.04 and above should only be installed on a playthrough that has *never* had 1.03 or below installed.

Thanks for getting back to me.  In all honesty, I still had 1.03 loaded when I started this character, then I saw that you'd uploaded the latest version.  I might say that was the problem, except the last two characters only ever used 1.03 and the mod didn't work for them either.  I'll also say that I have had this mod work for me in the past.  I change up my mods a little bit on each playthrough, but I'd say that 80-90% of my mod list is the same for each game.  The problem I'm having is that I get no option to interact at any armor bench, owned or unowned.  I get the vanilla options, but I don't get the interaction that this mod creates.  Its just not an option.   I also checked my active perks, and I don't see the perk you posted in the screengrab.  Which tells me that your hunch was correct.  Something is preventing that perk from starting up.  I'll try to add it through console.  If you could tell me the specific command to enter, that would be helpful, but I can probably figure it out.  Any ideas why the perk wouldn't be loading automatically?  Thanks again.