2 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

That's how the mod will behave if it detects only the RH collar and no other items.  Looking at my code again, this could happen if the RH collar is missing the DD keyword, which could happen if RH is installed without the DD compatibility patch.  Are you running RealHandcuffs_DD_Compatibility.esp?  Because if that fixes the issue, I can update to check for the plugin and tweak my code logic to account for the difference.

At the moment, RH DD Compatibility is disabled in my load order. I'll enable it and check how things work. A side-question on that - Should it be activated? I disabled it once I switched to DD RC8.

1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

A side-question on that - Should it be activated? I disabled it once I switched to DD RC8.

That's up to you.  Most of what RealHandcuffs_DD_Compatibility.esp does is to change the armor slots used by RH to match DD slots.  That way, for example, you won't have handcuffs and wrist cuffs applied at the same time.  It also adds certain DD keywords to RH items.  Personally I think it's useful but certainly not mandatory.

11 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

That's up to you.  Most of what RealHandcuffs_DD_Compatibility.esp does is to change the armor slots used by RH to match DD slots.  That way, for example, you won't have handcuffs and wrist cuffs applied at the same time.  It also adds certain DD keywords to RH items.  Personally I think it's useful but certainly not mandatory.

Are you using standard DD or RC8?

Asking because I managed to play the game for about an hour or so with that compatibility patch enabled, and it seems to have fixed the issue. What I mean by that is your mod will only give the notification (about being unable to unlock RH collar) if I try to unlock RH collar. Also, the original issue (where I lost options for armor bench) seems to have fixed itself. I still have no clue what caused it.

Either way, you don't need to modify your code as DD Armorbench Unlocker works properly!

Thanks for replying and keep up the great work!

7 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Are you using standard DD or RC8?

Asking because I managed to play the game for about an hour or so with that compatibility patch enabled, and it seems to have fixed the issue. What I mean by that is your mod will only give the notification (about being unable to unlock RH collar) if I try to unlock RH collar. Also, the original issue (where I lost options for armor bench) seems to have fixed itself. I still have no clue what caused it.

Either way, you don't need to modify your code as DD Armorbench Unlocker works properly!

Thanks for replying and keep up the great work!

I'm using RC8 (which is how I know that some of the new items don't work properly with DDBU).  The RH/DD compatibility patch is primarily centered around changes to RH, and so it'll work with either version of DD.

Glad to hear your game is functioning properly again! 

19 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Also be aware that people have been disabling it more recently because Commonwealth Slavers was designed for RH without the DD compatibility patch, and so if you try to use CS with that it ends up blowing your head off pretty quickly (something about not correctly detecting the bomb collar when RH DD compatibility is enabled).

22 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Also be aware that people have been disabling it more recently because Commonwealth Slavers was designed for RH without the DD compatibility patch, and so if you try to use CS with that it ends up blowing your head off pretty quickly (something about not correctly detecting the bomb collar when RH DD compatibility is enabled).

Hmm yeah I need to add a soft check for it then.  It's not supposed to be mandatory for DDBU. 

Also, I played through CS with the compatibility patch enabled, and my collar didn't explode prematurely.  I thought the only conflict was with the slots on the tattered rags outfit?

Edited by spicydoritos
9 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Hmm yeah I need to add a soft check for it then.  It's not supposed to be mandatory for DDBU. 

Also, I played through CS with the compatibility patch enabled, and my collar didn't explode prematurely.  I thought the only conflict was with the slots on the tattered rags outfit?

That might have been it, yes. It was detecting the tattered rags as a disallowed clothing item? (Could have been undoing a keyword addition from CS.) At any rate, JB lists the RH DD compatibility option as conflicting, which means more people opting out of it when they (re)install RH now.

@vaultbait, I think that was the reason why I initially had it disabled. I gave CS a shot, played the mod for a bit, decided I didn't like it, and then just removed the mod and started a new save. I forgot to enable the RH DD compatibility patch upon uninstalling CS.

CS is very well made mod, but I find it boring (don't like dialogue-focused stuff, I prefer guns blazing), hence I removed it. Nonetheless, thanks for replying!

Take care both of you!

• 5 weeks later...

Version 1.07 is up!  DDBU will check for the RH DD compatibility plugin now and account for it's presence/absence. 

v. 1.07

-Improved handling of restraints when Real Handcuffs is installed without the DD Compatibility plugin.

-DD mittens, straitjackets, and similar will no longer prevent the armor bench from being used to unlock restraints.

One idea I had for this mod is maybe if have sexual harassment installed one of the things that can happen with a bypass failure is it triggers the devious approach from sexual harassment.

Also I've noticed if I build a armor bench in the home plate and try to unlock using that it will count as being owned and charge me caps to unlock. Is that something going wrong on my end? bug? feature?

24 minutes ago, Spaceguest991 said:

One idea I had for this mod is maybe if have sexual harassment installed one of the things that can happen with a bypass failure is it triggers the devious approach from sexual harassment.

That's pretty trivial to do via soft integration, I have code already in an unreleased mod I'm working on which triggers specific kinds of SH approaches from activators if the author's interested. An abbreviated version:

Spoiler
If Game.IsPluginInstalled("FP_SexualHarassment.esp")
    Quest FPSH_Main = Game.GetFormFromFile(0xF99, "FP_SexualHarassment.esp") as Quest
    ScriptObject fpsh_script = FPSH_Main.CastAs("FPSH:FPSH_Main")
    If (!fpsh_script.CallFunction("isQuestRunning", new var[0]) && !fpsh_script.CallFunction("isMolestSequenceRunning", new var[0]))
        fpsh_script.CallFunction("StartDeviousApproach", new var[0])
    EndIf
EndIf

1 hour ago, Spaceguest991 said:

Also I've noticed if I build a armor bench in the home plate and try to unlock using that it will count as being owned and charge me caps to unlock. Is that something going wrong on my end? bug? feature?

This is a side effect of Home Plate's unusual nature (i.e. build restrictions, no supply lines, etc).  It's workshop isn't technically a linked, player-controlled version.  Ergo it doesn't count as "owned".  For what it's worth, I've used ALoot's Home Plate for years, and it does not seem to suffer the same issue.  There may be similar mods that unintentionally classify Home Plate correctly for DDBU to recognize.

I'm a bit leery of adding more effects to the failure mechanism, lest it overcomplicate the mod for the sake of a secondary feature.  But I'll think about it.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

That's pretty trivial to do via soft integration, I have code already in an unreleased mod I'm working on which triggers specific kinds of SH approaches from activators if the author's interested. An abbreviated version:

Reveal hidden contents
If Game.IsPluginInstalled("FP_SexualHarassment.esp")
    Quest FPSH_Main = Game.GetFormFromFile(0xF99, "FP_SexualHarassment.esp") as Quest
    ScriptObject fpsh_script = FPSH_Main.CastAs("FPSH:FPSH_Main")
    If (!fpsh_script.CallFunction("isQuestRunning", new var[0]) && !fpsh_script.CallFunction("isMolestSequenceRunning", new var[0]))
        fpsh_script.CallFunction("StartDeviousApproach", new var[0])
    EndIf
EndIf

Oooo neat.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

This is a side effect of Home Plate's unusual nature (i.e. build restrictions, no supply lines, etc).  It's workshop isn't technically a linked, player-controlled version.  Ergo it doesn't count as "owned".  For what it's worth, I've used ALoot's Home Plate for years, and it does not seem to suffer the same issue.  There may be similar mods that unintentionally classify Home Plate correctly for DDBU to recognize.

Ah, game limit issue got it. That has always kinda bugged me about the player homes like home plate you can build stuff in them but without supply lines it's a pain to do so. I at this point just cheat with god mode for home place decor.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

I'm a bit leery of adding more effects to the failure mechanism, lest it overcomplicate the mod for the sake of a secondary feature.  But I'll think about it.

Fair enough.

• 4 months later...

Never tinkered with workbenches before. Is there a way to disable this for specific benches?

I want to add a feature where too many failed percussive maintenance attempts will turn off the DD unlocking option for X amount of time up to permanently. i.e. you broke the bench.

7 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Never tinkered with workbenches before. Is there a way to disable this for specific benches?

I want to add a feature where too many failed percussive maintenance attempts will turn off the DD unlocking option for X amount of time up to permanently. i.e. you broke the bench.

I've never tried, but it sounds feasible to me with some scripting.  Grab the formID of the bench being used, add a prohibitive keyword after enough percussive maintenence attempts, and condition the unlock on the target bench having no keyword.

• 2 weeks later...

Dev if you're ever considering doing another update, could you consider increasing the range of the base cost for using an unowned bench? I know % exists but the scale doesnt work as well when you're using other mods, personally I'd just set it to 1000 caps if I could for the entire game. 

Aside from that, love your work.

9 minutes ago, 2efefkkefk said:

Dev if you're ever considering doing another update, could you consider increasing the range of the base cost for using an unowned bench? I know % exists but the scale doesnt work as well when you're using other mods, personally I'd just set it to 1000 caps if I could for the entire game. 

Aside from that, love your work.

If that's all you want, it's trivial to change.  Dig through this mod's MCM folder and find the config.json file.  Open it with something like Notepad++.  Scroll down to the part that says "Fees at Unowned Bench" and change the max value to whatever you want. Save the file, redeploy (if you're using Vortex), and boom, you're set!

On 7/15/2023 at 1:35 AM, spicydoritos said:

If that's all you want, it's trivial to change.  Dig through this mod's MCM folder and find the config.json file.  Open it with something like Notepad++.  Scroll down to the part that says "Fees at Unowned Bench" and change the max value to whatever you want. Save the file, redeploy (if you're using Vortex), and boom, you're set!

Worked like a charm, thanks my dude 

image.png.05639da668e1c8f8fb34c3ebe710d600.png

• 1 month later...

hey, this is a great mod. thank you very much.

I would have a (hopefully) small request though ... would it be possible that the bench is triggering the picklocking mini game as an additional option to free and payment?
I'm using a mod to make picking locks very hard, so for me that would be more immersive than paying caps.

2 hours ago, sexybastardo said:

hey, this is a great mod. thank you very much.

I would have a (hopefully) small request though ... would it be possible that the bench is triggering the picklocking mini game as an additional option to free and payment?
I'm using a mod to make picking locks very hard, so for me that would be more immersive than paying caps.

The DD community builds (latest at time of writing is RC9) already have the lockpicking mini-game as an escape option when you choose to attempt picking the lock on a device.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

The DD community builds (latest at time of writing is RC9) already have the lockpicking mini-game as an escape option when you choose to attempt picking the lock on a device.

I know, but it has always a time restriction, right? You can't try and pick the lock whenever you want.

• 3 weeks later...