Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,671 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

17 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Hey Darth Noldor, the MCM item you want is the one circled below. It will inject a vanilla orgasm event at the start of the last animation stage, which SLaVE can see and react to.

unknown.png

THANKS  gregaaz !!! this advice is very useful to me, in fact I never used this this option of SLSO  eheheheh :D

Hello... I put this mod, and all ok, but i haven't did the quest of barbas (i hate that quest, rssss). but ok, I did, but i cant activate the worship always show the message bellow.. but i am not in combat or busy (busy in what?). I am tried to exit from game and enter again, but nothing... how can i solve this ?

thank you

barbas_Sem título.png

24 minutes ago, Moacir Jr said:

Hello... I put this mod, and all ok, but i haven't did the quest of barbas (i hate that quest, rssss). but ok, I did, but i cant activate the worship always show the message bellow.. but i am not in combat or busy (busy in what?). I am tried to exit from game and enter again, but nothing... how can i solve this ?

Try MCM - Misc - Player Reset

1 hour ago, Moacir Jr said:

I did.... nothing... but in the toys quest history is the same error when i will use the stone in the quest.... i think is in that mod...

I know the cause. It's fixed for next release. 

Something went wrong in a scene you had before this point, where it did not clear the busy status (scene aborted abnormally - the fix is to prevent that from being possible).

I have no solution for you other than to go back to a save where this stuck busy status has not occurred. (sorry, its the nature of beta :D )

You can test the status by pressing the Num-Lock key. This will show a notification "IsBusy" with true or false. It should only be true if you are actually in a scene. RIght now I'm sure you will see True (which is bad). You want to find a save where it's false.

One other thing to consider... If you did not start a new game when you first installed Toys, that's a requirement, and this can lead to the aborted scene problem. You can also cause problems if you don't know and follow the Golden Rule. If one of these things fits your situation, it would be best to start a new game.

8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Something went wrong in a scene you had before this point, where it did not clear the busy status (scene aborted abnormally - the fix is to prevent that from being possible).

I have no solution for you other than to go back to a save where this stuck busy status has not occurred. (sorry, its the nature of beta :D )

You can test the status by pressing the Num-Lock key. This will show a notification "IsBusy" with true or false. It should only be true if you are actually in a scene. RIght now I'm sure you will see True (which is bad). You want to find a save where it's false.

One other thing to consider... If you did not start a new game when you first installed Toys, that's a requirement, and this can lead to the aborted scene problem. You can also cause problems if you don't know and follow the Golden Rule. If one of these things fits your situation, it would be best to start a new game.

I had the busy message a lot also. if I run the install test in the MCM it clears and I can activate shrines again. No need to load a previous save. This is on SE.

8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

On 5/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, Moacir Jr said:

thank you

barbas_Sem título.png

I had the busy message a lot also. if I run the install test in the MCM it clears and I can activate shrines again. No need to load a previous save. This is on SE.

48 minutes ago, KyLeeKu said:

oh that makes sense! good to know! This will not be needed after next release though, I promise :D

Added that work around to the Known Issues Section. Thank you very much

2 hours ago, viruzs said:

Hey im Stuck with Hands bound together on the bag as idle animation any fix for that i even reinstalld an idle animation mod and re run fnis but nothing works.

You description does not tell much. It sounds most likely to be an installation problem, but that's a big assumption.

Try Troubleshooting #5 and then #3.

Note that #5 might help you get unstuck, but wont solve the root cause as to what caused you to be stuck. That's where #3 might come into play.

If that does not help you, here's some questions:

1. LE or SE?
  2. Did you start a new game when you first installed Toys? If not, its a requirement, and it the first thing you need to do
  3. Are you following the Golden Rule?
  4. Did you Run the MCM Installation Tests? There's one in Toys and one in SLaVE. If either of them fail there is an installation problem which must be solved otherwise expect things to go badly
  5. "bound together on the bag as idle animation"... what does this mean? Perhaps a screenshot
  6. What exactly did you do right before you got stuck?

Hi All..........Unfortunately,, I am getting really frustrated with the Toys/Shout Like a Virgin mod..............It is just too much. I am currently at Level 16 and I have had these two mods going from the beginning but I am spending every waking moment either restrained, pursuing another quest for the Shout Like a Virgin Mod and or being accosted by a virgin ghost, Mother Hamal or Cassia with little time to do anything else. A little background on my current PC..........She is a Daughter of Cold Harbor Vampire (if you are unfamiliar with what it takes to be a Daughter of Cold Harbor..........read up on your lore) and you will understand that she is a pure bred vampire and not a virgin. At this point Molag Bal owns her soul and there is no going back........I guess that I was mis-informed and/or excited about a new mod that used the Toys Framework, but this mod is just too much work and consumes too much of my PC's time (that's on me). To be honest, I am not sure what the benefit is of a mod on Lovers Lab is that concentrates so much time on being a Virgin is........but again.......That's my bad (I downloaded it). My current playthough is at an expert level and with a lot of other mods that also require some degree of attention.  I can not kill bandits and or do other quests without either a high chance of already being restrained or becoming restrained during combat. I can not tell you how many times that Nocturnal has had to come to my rescue because I was either restrained or in the process of having a spontaneous orgasm during combat...........but this only adds to my frustration because Nocturnal only punishes you more for having to come to my PC's aid. I have tried to modify the settings that reduce the occurrences of bleeding/becoming restrained/losing my clothing etc., etc., etc. however that only seems to aggravate the situation and thus aggravate me. IMHO several aspects of this mod need to be more level dependent as this mod is designed for new characters that have little in the way of health, ability to enchant items and/or resistances at this point in the game. For example, It is very difficult for a level 10 PC to go up against a den full of vampires when trying to visit Clavicus Vile's shrine. Another example would be trying to find a thief who stole a statue of Dibella in a location that is over run with scores of OBIS bandits and/or other mods that make combat a lot more difficult.

Please do not misinterpret this response as being a rant against this mod because it seems to be doing exactly what it is designed to do ( I have had very few issues with this mod crashing or screwing up) it is just not designed for a low level character, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, mikey7979 said:

Hi All..........Unfortunately,, I am getting really frustrated with the Toys/Shout Like a Virgin mod..............It is just too much. I am currently at Level 16 and I have had these two mods going from the beginning but I am spending every waking moment either restrained, pursuing another quest for the Shout Like a Virgin Mod and or being accosted by a virgin ghost, Mother Hamal or Cassia with little time to do anything else. A little background on my current PC..........She is a Daughter of Cold Harbor Vampire (if you are unfamiliar with what it takes to be a Daughter of Cold Harbor..........read up on your lore) and you will understand that she is a pure bred vampire and not a virgin. At this point Molag Bal owns her soul and there is no going back........I guess that I was mis-informed and/or excited about a new mod that used the Toys Framework, but this mod is just too much work and consumes too much of my PC's time (that's on me). To be honest, I am not sure what the benefit is of a mod on Lovers Lab is that concentrates so much time on being a Virgin is........but again.......That's my bad (I downloaded it). My current playthough is at an expert level and with a lot of other mods that also require some degree of attention.  I can not kill bandits and or do other quests without either a high chance of already being restrained or becoming restrained during combat. I can not tell you how many times that Nocturnal has had to come to my rescue because I was either restrained or in the process of having a spontaneous orgasm during combat...........but this only adds to my frustration because Nocturnal only punishes you more for having to come to my PC's aid. I have tried to modify the settings that reduce the occurrences of bleeding/becoming restrained/losing my clothing etc., etc., etc. however that only seems to aggravate the situation and thus aggravate me. IMHO several aspects of this mod need to be more level dependent as this mod is designed for new characters that have little in the way of health, ability to enchant items and/or resistances at this point in the game. For example, It is very difficult for a level 10 PC to go up against a den full of vampires when trying to visit Clavicus Vile's shrine. Another example would be trying to find a thief who stole a statue of Dibella in a location that is over run with scores of OBIS bandits and/or other mods that make combat a lot more difficult.

Please do not misinterpret this response as being a rant against this mod because it seems to be doing exactly what it is designed to do ( I have had very few issues with this mod crashing or screwing up) it is just not designed for a low level character, in my opinion.

Hey Mikey, sorry to hear the mod isn't a good fit for your character. While I acknowledge the story elements may never line up right with a character with such a specific background, I can offer you one bit of advice - when I play SLaVE on a regular playthrough (as opposed to a test run focused on SLaVE like I'm documenting in my blog), I turn most of the SLaVE MCM settings way down. The "weekly instead of daily" setting for encounters is great, same with turning off hardcore armbinders and lowering the chance of other events. I found that this allowed me to still enjoy the mod for its interesting side quests and good gear (the various levelable resistance effects are very helpful) without it completely dominating the playthrough.

Thanks again for the feedback, and sorry to hear the mod didn't meet your needs :(

• VirginMarie changed the title to Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE
12 hours ago, mikey7979 said:

To be honest, I am not sure what the benefit is of a mod on Lovers Lab is that concentrates so much time on being a Virgin is

I'd argue that the mod is more about loosing your virginity, than keeping it. I can promise you that when I play it, I have the naughty horns far more often than the halo :P

it is just not designed for a low level character, in my opinion.

This mod is in beta and feedback like this is important, so thank you for this feedback. The difficulty or default settings may need some balancing. Also one of the things I've wanted to do for a long time is add some setting presets. So instead of adjusting them all yourself, you could start by choosing between 3 levels... something like Casual Play, Dedicated Play, and Hardcore. The defaults are trying to be the middle one, so yes, lots of attention to playing the mod's quests. It's expected you turn down the ones that don't interest you. You need the "Casual Play" preset and Gregaaz's suggestions above can achieve that. And if they can't I want to hear about it.

More on balance... because it's switched from using DD to using Toys, balancing could be needed. In the past I've had plenty of feedback saying that SLaVE is too softcore. But plenty that like it because of that. This reputation then translated into people assuming that Toys is the softcore framework and DD is more hardcore, so I might have over compensated, trying to shed that perception. Toys is intended to be capable of providing both experiences, and I believe it is but it's up to the content mod to utilize that.

I've also had people in the past say that Nocturnal is OP. If you use her as the meat shield, you can battle anything at level 2. But if you are not shouting to bring her out to help, then you get the opposite effect of it being too hard.

When I release a settings preset, perhaps I can get you to try it? :D Better yet, I'd love to hear what you think would be best for settings of a casual player before I implement such feature! But to do that you'd need to try things lots more to find that balance.

To anyone else reading: If you've played SLaVE before it became "evolved" and are playing it now, do you notice a difference in difficulty? Did it become more hardcore? Are the settings not in that happy middle point? Has it changed since switching to using Toys?

8 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

I've also had people in the past say that Nocturnal is OP. If you use her as the meat shield, you can battle anything at level 2.

Personally, I do not play Skyrim for the combat, and I thought it was great fun to be able to easily summon Nocturnal by shouting and then watch her mop the floor with my enemies.

12 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Personally, I do not play Skyrim for the combat, and I thought it was great fun to be able to easily summon Nocturnal by shouting and then watch her mop the floor with my enemies.

*Giggles* You should use the Standing Stone Potion too then! Have you tried it? I mean in battle.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

To anyone else reading: If you've played SLaVE before it became "evolved" and are playing it now, do you notice a difference in difficulty? Did it become more hardcore? Are the settings not in that happy middle point? Has it changed since switching to using Toys?

My two cents... first some context. I play a fairly high difficulty/fast TTK setup with Simply Balanced, True Armor, and a number of mods that add additional enemies (including some like Traps and Pitfalls and Colorful Magic that add pretty dangerous enemies). Overall as far as combat goes, my setup is probably a lot more difficult (or at least more fast paced and deadly) than vanilla Skyrim.

So far SLaVE has not sent me to any locations I couldn't conquer, though it's worth noting that Monilee is adventuring with a few followers and is not trying to solo the dungeons. I am a little concerned that dwarven/Falmer locations may be a big challenge when I reach them, but Monilee is up to level 16 by now and is pretty well equipped so I'm not too worried about this. 

SLaV LE (version 7 and before) felt pretty well balanced. It's true that it was not a hardcore BDSM mod in terms of difficulty, but that was OK since this meant it did not "pile on" difficulty on top of other mods that I was already using. I did switch the encounters from daily to weekly and I zeroed out the change of armor stripping, but these were more about playstyle and having SLaV "share the field" gracefully with other mods. The weekly encounters kept SLaV relevant but didn't constantly distract from other content. 

With SLaVE, I have so far mostly found the default settings to be fine (in that happy middle point), with a couple of exceptions:

• We've talked separately about my feelings on the hardcore armbinder mode and I won't rehash the same discussion but I found that as its currently implemented it just wasn't fun. It felt like a "spoiler" feature that constantly forced me to retreat from combat. After I felt I had tested it enough for beta purposes, I turned it off and I'll probably leave it off unless it changes substantially (again, we already talked about some of my ideas so I won't rehash them here).
    • While the strong kick attack helps offset this, unexpectedly losing the ability to block in combat - especially when using Simply Balanced and timed blocking features from Wildcat, etc - is positively deadly for my character.
  • I'm not a big fan of the 30% minimum setting on the strip armor function. While having this feature is very thematic for the mod, it's not really to my personal taste and it forces me to spend more time in menus (or to clutter up my favorites bar with armor items) than I'd like. It's also another one of those "surprise" features that forces me to retreat from combat or get knocked down because if I don't notice the noise there's no first person cue to tell me I'm unprotected. 
    • As it's implemented right now, it's probably fine for people who are either not armor users (mages, etc.) or who play mostly in third person and so will know if they are unprotected.

I don't think I would characterize SLaVE as particularly hardcore, though I haven't really spent a lot of time trying to escape from the toys yet, so that opinion might change based on experience. To reiterate though, I think it's OK that SLaVE is kind of a softcore mod. The whole tone of the mod is kind of lighthearted and I don't perceive it as trying to fill the same niche that really hardcore mods like Slaverun live in. 

It might not be a bad idea to include a warning somewhere in the quest description that lets people know the mod will send them to vanilla dungeons, and if players increase the difficulty of dungeons with third party mods, you can't make promises about the difficulty level. Maybe even go so far as to suggest to players that they put the mod on hold until they are powerful enough to fight "medium toughness" foes like vampires and dwemer automatons. But I don't think you need to heavily nerf the dungeons. In vanilla, Haemar's Shame is designed with a level 10 character in mind, and between the natural progression through the main quest and the Virgin Rescue/Nocturnal Summoning features, players should have no problem taking on that dungeon if they're using vanilla difficulty.

Hope that helps!

11 hours ago, gregaaz said:

I'm not a big fan of the 30% minimum setting on the strip armor function.

This is a Toys MCM setting. If it were a SLaVE setting I'd not restrict the lower bound to anything. But as a Toys Effect, I'm needing to consider that Toys primary role is to give the mod author using Toys, what they want. So for any effect a mod author puts on a toy, it should not be possible for the user to turn it off completely.

But maybe this encourages you to not wear that toy? :P Which toy are you wearing that is getting your ass exposed? 

strip toys.png

Excluding the Classic Toy Box or Toy Story, these are all the Toys with the strip effect (that's a filter on the keyword in CK... bet you can't do that in XEdit? :P ). H for horny, T for transparent (same as melted). So these are almost all Nipple toys that only strip when melted or horny. There's no stripping if your arousal is low enough, so you can adjust there too. Then there's that one collar which I doubt has been in play for you.

As for the subject in general, to some extent, reading your reply, it's like you are saying the Casual player might only need to turn the Encounters from daily to weekly, and the rest is all personal preference that could vary widely.

7 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

This is a Toys MCM setting. If it were a SLaVE setting I'd not restrict the lower bound to anything. But as a Toys Effect, I'm needing to consider that Toys primary role is to give the mod author using Toys, what they want. So for any effect a mod author puts on a toy, it should not be possible for the user to turn it off completely.

But maybe this encourages you to not wear that toy? :P Which toy are you wearing that is getting your ass exposed? 

So far I've been running into it with the nipple Ts, but as you noted there are several Virgin toys that have that effect. 

strip toys.png

Excluding the Classic Toy Box or Toy Story, these are all the Toys with the strip effect (that's a filter on the keyword in CK... bet you can't do that in XEdit? :P ).

Remind me some time we're both on Discord and I'll show you have to filter keywords (and anything else) in xEdit. It's pretty easy to do and it's essential for certain operations.

H for horny, T for transparent (same as melted). So these are almost all Nipple toys that only strip when melted or horny. There's no stripping if your arousal is low enough, so you can adjust there too. Then there's that one collar which I doubt has been in play for you.

As for the subject in general, to some extent, reading your reply, it's like you are saying the Casual player might only need to turn the Encounters from daily to weekly, and the rest is all personal preference that could vary widely.

Yes, while I can't speak for every player, that pretty much sums it up. Slowing the encounters, in my opinion, fixes most of the 'intrusiveness' issues. Other fine tuning stuff might be relevant, but honestly I think most of those changes are more important for folks who have a lot of other mods that are either changing their difficulty (either by making the game harder on a mechanical level or by adding more high level enemies) or are fundamentally changing the game mechanics in a way that certain Toys effects have a disproportionate effect on the game experience.

I got a problem with the first encounter with noctural, i shout and she appears but then it says she is unwilling to claim me because of the toy(s) im wearing.

Thing is that im not wearing any, i have tried everything i can think of ( using debug options from both SlavE and Toys,  spawning in and equiping and the unequiping toys )

but nothing seams to work, she remains unwilling to claim me.

I do know that the problem is not anything with animations but otherwise im stumped.

Help?

12 hours ago, BlackDawn said:

I got a problem with the first encounter with noctural, i shout and she appears but then it says she is unwilling to claim me because of the toy(s) im wearing.

Thing is that im not wearing any, i have tried everything i can think of ( using debug options from both SlavE and Toys,  spawning in and equiping and the unequiping toys )

but nothing seams to work, she remains unwilling to claim me.

I do know that the problem is not anything with animations but otherwise im stumped.

Help?

Can be 1 of 4 things I think...

1. You've not updated to latest versions of both Toys and SLaVE
  2. If you are running DD, it could be because a hidden DD is there... the ages old well known broken/hidden DD syndrome. I don't know how to fix that. There's a way in the console to see these but I forget how. I might come back with more info, if you reply saying its not #2
  3. You have hidden toys (this is an actual feature, not bug/syndrome). If you have hidden toys, they will be shown on the Toys MCM - Worn Toys tab, and you will see a green "Some Toys are Hidden". To clear that use the very last Debug in the MCM
  4. You have a corrupt save, from either not starting a new game when you needed to, or by not following the golden rule