Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,671 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

1 hour ago, BlackDawn said:

I got a problem with the first encounter with noctural, i shout and she appears but then it says she is unwilling to claim me because of the toy(s) im wearing.

Thing is that im not wearing any, i have tried everything i can think of ( using debug options from both SlavE and Toys,  spawning in and equiping and the unequiping toys )

but nothing seams to work, she remains unwilling to claim me.

I do know that the problem is not anything with animations but otherwise im stumped.

I have this same problem.

Brand new game, without DD installed.

No hidden toys/used toys debug option in MCM.

player.showinventory shows nothing out of the ordinary.

Edit: I just realized this is on the SE forum. I'm running LE and the LE version of slave.

16 minutes ago, nnuunnuunumu said:

I have this same problem.

Brand new game, without DD installed.

No hidden toys/used toys debug option in MCM.

player.showinventory shows nothing out of the ordinary.

Edit: I just realized this is on the SE forum. I'm running LE and the LE version of slave.

Any chance you could get me your papyrus log after you re-create it?

You are on the right forum, We are taking LE and SE on the same thread, not using the other.

• VirginMarie changed the title to Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE
22 minutes ago, nnuunnuunumu said:

I have a feeling you are running new version 0.7 Toys with old version of SLaVE. SLaVE must be updated too. That would be the problem if you have not. OR the other way around. New SlaVE with older Toys. 

Must be Toys v0.7 with SLaVE v8.03

EDIT: ya log says... 

03:05:27PM] [*TOYS] Load Game Init - Toys v0.06 initialized
[*SLaVE] Load Game Init - Shout Like a Virgin v8.03 initialized

@BlackDawn this could be same deal for you

So need to upgrade Toys. Also would be bad to use any saves that were running this mis-matched combo of mods.

29 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

I have a feeling you are running new version 0.7 Toys with old version of SLaVE. SLaVE must be updated too. That would be the problem if you have not. OR the other way around. New SlaVE with older Toys. 

Must be Toys v0.7 with SLaVE v8.03

EDIT: ya log says... 

03:05:27PM] [*TOYS] Load Game Init - Toys v0.06 initialized
[*SLaVE] Load Game Init - Shout Like a Virgin v8.03 initialized

@BlackDawn this could be same deal for you

So need to upgrade Toys. Also would be bad to use any saves that were running this mis-matched combo of mods.

Fixed.

Thanks for your help, I thought I had everything updated. Sorry that I missed that. always RTFM.

PSA - please read :D

There's been a total of 4 problem reports since last release (discord, PMs, LL forums), all coming from the same root cause... Version mismatches.

• You need Toys v0.7 with SLaVE v8.03
  • You need Toys v0.7 with Toy Story v0.7
  • You need Toys v0.7 with Classic Toy Box v1.0
  • You need the latest bodyslide for Toys

Any other combos will break. If you did not update, expect it to break. Simply put, update any and all to latest.

Best way to be sure you have the right versions is to look at the version number in game, in the MCM.

Expect the saves you've made from the bad combo to be broken too. Don't use them after you fix the install.

As always, re-gen FNIS and re-build bodyslides.

Be safe, wear a mask, socially distance, and don't break the golden rule. Its easy to break it when updating, if not careful. When in doubt, start a new game. If installing Toys for the first time, you MUST start a new game. If not upgrading from Toys v0.6, you must start a new game. I know this is hard if you've not done lots of Skyrim modding, but its better when its hard :P

16 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Can be 1 of 4 things I think...

1. You've not updated to latest versions of both Toys and SLaVE
  2. If you are running DD, it could be because a hidden DD is there... the ages old well known broken/hidden DD syndrome. I don't know how to fix that. There's a way in the console to see these but I forget how. I might come back with more info, if you reply saying its not #2
  3. You have hidden toys (this is an actual feature, not bug/syndrome). If you have hidden toys, they will be shown on the Toys MCM - Worn Toys tab, and you will see a green "Some Toys are Hidden". To clear that use the very last Debug in the MCM
  4. You have a corrupt save, from either not starting a new game when you needed to, or by not following the golden rule

Thank you so much!!

I had the old toys version and now the only problem i have is with skyrim itself ( Has there EVER been a stable bethesda game? )

But anyway, Thanks again :D

On 5/18/2021 at 10:56 PM, VirginMarie said:

Shout Like a Virgin Evolved for LE & SE v8.03 Beta, has released

See the Change Log

• This is primarily a compatibility with Toys 0.7 release, and it exploits some new Toys features
  • If you upgrade to Toys 0.7, you must upgrade SLaVE to v8.03

Great, THANKS!!  I try a new game with this version ❤️

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

ITs in the spoiler section of Quests

I didn't see anything there about how to activate after using the skip option? According to MCM I've already completed 2 daedric quests (presumably Nocturnal and Namira), and the quests spoiler section says that Hamal would normally make contact after receiving the quest to deal with Namira... unless I'm totally misunderstanding how the skip virgin training option works, shouldn't Hamal just make contact right away?

35 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

I didn't see anything there about how to activate after using the skip option? According to MCM I've already completed 2 daedric quests (presumably Nocturnal and Namira), and the quests spoiler section says that Hamal would normally make contact after receiving the quest to deal with Namira... unless I'm totally misunderstanding how the skip virgin training option works, shouldn't Hamal just make contact right away?

The first 2 daedrics you've gained trust with are Clavicus, then Nocturnal. Hamal is not going to be coming till you first get assigned the Namira quest, and then complete it. You will get Namira when you next report in.

17 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

The first 2 daedrics you've gained trust with are Clavicus, then Nocturnal. Hamal is not going to be coming till you first get assigned the Namira quest, and then complete it. You will get Namira when you next report in.

Yes, thank you! I was totally discombobulated and now very sheepish indeed. 

Ugh, I'm turning into "the guy who always breaks stuff". I'm having a new issue: I hadn't properly installed Creature Framework (specifically I ran Nemesis, without also running FNIS for creatures). I fixed that, creature animations are now working. However, after running FNIS and Nemesis (nemesis is overwriting FNIS where necessary so that only creature anims are being provided by the latter), the bound animation for the Hideous wrist restraints is no longer working. Instead my character uses regular idles (I'm also using DAR... but it worked before so I doubt it's related to that?). Normally I'd just shrug it off, but now when I go into combat, there is no indicator of whether the "system" thinks I'm bound or not, and the kicking animation isn't activating because... the system also thinks I'm not bound? It's all very confusing.

TL;DR: Bound anims for the hideous wrist restraints are not working at all. Bound combat "kicking" isn't working either (probably because of the former).

1 hour ago, MysticDaedra said:

Ugh, I'm turning into "the guy who always breaks stuff".

In none of your previous posts, did you break stuff :P.  Nothing to worry about its, beta, we want to find things that don't work, if they truly don't, and sometimes its hard to tell. This one does look like a difficult one to troubleshoot.

I'm having a new issue: I hadn't properly installed Creature Framework (specifically I ran Nemesis, without also running FNIS for creatures). I fixed that, creature animations are now working. However, after running FNIS and Nemesis (nemesis is overwriting FNIS where necessary so that only creature anims are being provided by the latter), the bound animation for the Hideous wrist restraints is no longer working.

So a key data point here is that it worked before, now after some sort of changes with FNIS/Nemesis, its not. We know it CAN work with your install before.

Did you, as part of these changes, end up breaking the golden rule? Because one possibly we have to consider is a corrupt save. To rule out a corrupt save, I'd ask that you, just for testing, start a new game, use AIM to get the Hideous, and see if the problem still occurs. If it does not, its not your installation, its your save.

Next.. does the Test Installation in the SLaVE MCM first tab succeed?

Does the Test Installation in the Toys Setup tab succeed?

Take a very detailed walk through of the steps in Troubleshooting #1. There is nothing I personally know more on this topic, its all there. One of the most likely problems is that FNIS is reporting an error, such as running out of animation slots, and you are missing seeing the error that its reporting.

Thanks for your help!

1. I have not wittingly broken the Golden Rule. However, one of the functions of Nemesis is that it generates a FNIS.esp file upon completion of behavior update. Possible problem?

2. What is AIM?

3. On a new save, SLaVE run test strips the character's clothes, but no cage spawns. (I didn't initialize SL Anim Loader or ZaZ for this test because it takes so long... not sure if that would have caused that?)

4. Toys run test works fine on the new save.

5. After giving myself melted hideous wrist restraints via the console, I received a message from Toys that a toy I had equipped was causing me to crawl on all fours. Not quite the same as simply having my hands bound, but close enough, right? Well, no animation! I simply walked around as normal. I think this lends credence to the idea that it wasn't my save that was messed up, but rather something to do with my animation setup.

I can't imagine anything that could conflict here... I do have DD 5.1 installed, but again, it worked previously... really the only change was running FNIS and Nemesis again. I will keep this test save for now in case I need to test anything else with it, since it's "clean" per this mod installation.

EDIT: Just for shits and giggles I tried adding a DD 5.1 ebonite armbinder to my character to see if the DD bound animations were working. Nope! Whatever is causing the issue seems to involved those particular animations.

EDIT 2: Just re-read your last sentence... I might need to investigate this. Theoretically Nemesis is overwriting FNIS, which means that only Creature animations make it through. And Nemesis has a very large animation cap that I have not quite reached, so I should be good... theoretically. Checking now.

EDIT 3: Now I'm not so sure it's FNIS or Nemesis. I disabled Nemesis entirely, only using FNIS: no animations. Then I disabled FNIS entirely, including the creature pack: no animations. Maybe something else is causing a problem here... which doesn't make sense, but I can't imagine what else it could be at this point. Attached is my load order, I'm aware there are probably some dire issues with it, but maybe somebody can spot something that would be causing a problem with SLaVE/Toys (there are none according to SSEEdit, for the record).

loadorder.txt

1 hour ago, MysticDaedra said:

1. I have not wittingly broken the Golden Rule. However, one of the functions of Nemesis is that it generates a FNIS.esp file upon completion of behavior update. Possible problem?

No because it always has the esp there, so this is not adding, deleting, or changing load order.

2. What is AIM?

AddItemMenu - Ultimate Mod Explorer at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Easier way to cheat instead of using console commands

3. On a new save, SLaVE run test strips the character's clothes, but no cage spawns. (I didn't initialize SL Anim Loader or ZaZ for this test because it takes so long... not sure if that would have caused that?)

This confirms there is an install problem. With this failure, you will eventually see you have far more animation problems than just arm binding.

5. After giving myself melted hideous wrist restraints via the console, I received a message from Toys that a toy I had equipped was causing me to crawl on all fours. Not quite the same as simply having my hands bound, but close enough, right? Well, no animation! I simply walked around as normal. I think this lends credence to the idea that it wasn't my save that was messed up, but rather something to do with my animation setup.

Yes, its an install problem, not a corrupt save. #3 alone confirmed that.

EDIT: Just for shits and giggles I tried adding a DD 5.1 ebonite armbinder to my character to see if the DD bound animations were working. Nope! Whatever is causing the issue seems to involved those particular animations.

No its bigger than that. Many animations are not working. The cage did not appear, and the animations in DD are not the same ones that Toys uses.

2 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

EDIT 3: Now I'm not so sure it's FNIS or Nemesis. I disabled Nemesis entirely, only using FNIS: no animations. Then I disabled FNIS entirely, including the creature pack: no animations. Maybe something else is causing a problem here...

Disable of Nemesis as a test makes sense. But FNIS is a requirement, can't disable that. No FNIS guarantees no animations.

The problem is related to animations, this is a certainty. Troubleshooting #1 covers all the possibilities I know of - did you go through all those steps?

Let's see the text that FNIS displays.

Attached is the FNIS log file. 

Originally I had only used Nemesis, I did not use FNIS. At some point around the time that I did use FNIS to get creature animations, that's when the issue started. For this test I tried using all animations through FNIS only, and then all animations (minus creature anims) through Nemesis only (as it was originally). 

I did all the steps in Troubleshooting #1 to the letter. The Toys behavior file appears to be in the log, but the FNISmodList.txt file does not have Toys in it... not sure about that. I've attached that too for your perusal. 

Thanks for your help on this. Greatly appreciated!

GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt FNISmodList.txt

I'm... an idiot. FML. Going to leave this here in case anyone ever has a similar problem...

I'm in the old habit of installing patches over the same mod in MO2. I know, I know: not necessary. And yet I keep on doing it! So when I went to reinstall Toys and SLaVE the first time after initializing FNIS, I was reinstalling a patch. The right-click>Reinstall option specifically installs the last installed file. It took me selecting "replace" instead of "merge" to realize this, when MO2 spat out a missing masters error. Whoops!

Well I've wasted too much of my time on this tonight lol. At least it's working now!

3 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

I'm... an idiot. FML. Going to leave this here in case anyone ever has a similar problem...

I'm in the old habit of installing patches over the same mod in MO2. I know, I know: not necessary. And yet I keep on doing it! So when I went to reinstall Toys and SLaVE the first time after initializing FNIS, I was reinstalling a patch. The right-click>Reinstall option specifically installs the last installed file. It took me selecting "replace" instead of "merge" to realize this, when MO2 spat out a missing masters error. Whoops!

Well I've wasted too much of my time on this tonight lol. At least it's working now!

That'll do it. I was just about to respond suggesting you verify the animation files were actually in your mod folder and also to confirm the time stamps on the files. Guess you beat me too it.

Glad you got things working and thanks for sharing - your experience may help other people in the future even if it's a little embarrassing.

4 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Nocturnal teaches you that pain is pleasure. I'm sure it was a very pleasureful evening, and that moment when you fixed it, was like a really great release following intense repeated denial! :P

1.gif

Updated Bodyslide Packages Released - SE Only

Bodyslide packages for each SE body have been released - Many Improvements including better support for the pregnancy slider

• The Nocturnal Robe has known issues for SE BHUNP and SE UNP and this has not changed or improved. Its good enough for Nocturnal to wear as she's ghostly thus her effects camouflage it, but don't bother using it on your PC until we can replace it in a future release