I just found the most amazing interaction.

So "Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul" has this spell: Simulacrum: Creatures and people are attacked by an illusion for 15 seconds. Chance to fail on targets above level 6.

The spell makes your target get attacked by a copy of them. Here's were it gets funny. The copy behaves like a regular NPC and therefor will occasionally Vore them. Problem is since it's a copy it vanishes when the original is no long there. So the copy eats them and they both just *poof*. Swallowed by the void. I thought that would be the end of it. But approximately 30-60 secs later the enemy gets spit back out as a skeleton. Still alive and hostile. Funniest shit I've seen in a while.

48 minutes ago, InfinityKage said:

I just found the most amazing interaction.

So "Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul" has this spell: Simulacrum: Creatures and people are attacked by an illusion for 15 seconds. Chance to fail on targets above level 6.

The spell makes your target get attacked by a copy of them. Here's were it gets funny. The copy behaves like a regular NPC and therefor will occasionally Vore them. Problem is since it's a copy it vanishes when the original is no long there. So the copy eats them and they both just *poof*. Swallowed by the void. I thought that would be the end of it. But approximately 30-60 secs later the enemy gets spit back out as a skeleton. Still alive and hostile. Funniest shit I've seen in a while.

As a skeleton? That's very strange. I think I need to test this and see what's going on! 

Sidenote: if you try the skull Reformation feature on a dragon skull, they reappear as flaming skeleton.

1 hour ago, InfinityKage said:

I look forward to it.

Do you have a Patreon or something sir? You deserve some coin for all this hard work.

While I never solicit donations (other than the Nexus auto-beg thing on the ReSaver page), I do love getting them.

https://www.paypal.me/MarkDFSoftware

At the end of the day though, I do this because I love it, not for any kind of gain.

1 hour ago, Clintbeastwood115 said:

when i use become your killer it works but the hair doesn't want to switch

Faceswapping with an NPC in Skyrim has never worked properly. LOTS of people have tried. IF it can be done at all, it would require an SKSE add-on or at least a very significant update to RaceMenu.

So after a few days of trying this out, I've a few comments to make:

-Maybe it's because I'm using a BHUUNP setup and have belly morphs disabled (more out of personal preference than anything), but I can happily report a stable run with this mod so far. No crashes, no real hiccups on any functions, it's been pretty smooth sailing. Huge improvement from the original, props to everyone who got it into such a smooth state.

-Of all the things I expected from this mod, immersive wild animal behavior was not one of them. Even if it's just because of a notification telling me, there's something to be said about all the predators of Skyrim actually eating the stuff they hunt down and kill instead of just leaving a trail of corpses around. It gives the feel that yes, these animals are actually hunting prey and not just going on a random aggro-streak. Yes, it gets a little weird when I watch a lucky mudcrab devour a passing bandit, but that shit just happens sometimes.

-Being able to individually disable certain categories of creature predators using an .ini is pretty neat, though I do kind of wish that individual creatures could be detected and toggled for perk/ability distribution. Certain creatures as predators just kind of spoil the experience from time to time, but the one option I have for turning them off disables everything else in the same category - which, tragically, also stops the mini-ecosystem from my previous point from happening. I understand if it's just too complicated to pull off, so this is more of a nitpick than anything.

-This is very much a personal preference thing, so feel free to skip this entire paragraph. I made a bit of a point in my last post in the thread that I'm here specifically because this is a functioning vore-gameplay-and-experience mod. I'm not a fan of the same-size focus, and that's okay because a lot of the features of this mod can be tweaked and disabled to suit the user's needs. Having said that, I was more than a little disappointed in the implementation of macromancy and how it actually factors into the mod's mechanics. It'd frankly take an entire alternate set of perk/faction tags to get what I personally dream of, to say nothing of a size-change greater than 30% scale difference going either way. Something like smaller creatures/humanoids being tagged to only swallow prey marked as smaller than themselves - as it is, the who-can-eat-whom game is a bit too much of a free-for-all for the macromancy mechanic to even warrant mentioning. This is by no means a deal-breaker for the mod. However...

-Minor Oversight/Possible Bug?: So imagine my incandescent joy when I notice that the Diminution-inflicting/granting items can be disenchanted. And on first glance, the effects definitely scale with Enchanting Skill, which gave me the hope of crafting my own Ring of Diminution with more than a measly 30% scale change... unfortunately, the self-affecting version of the Macromancy effect can't actually be placed on anything using the enchanting table. No rings or jewelry, no clothing or armor, nothing. The version of the enchantment that affects OTHERS can be taken and put onto other weapons, and scales accordingly, but not the wearable self-affecting enchantment. Was any of this intended?

As a final note, I'd love to see somebody implement a proper Mimic in Skyrim using Devourment's mechanics as the trap. There's both demand and materials out there - MadMansGun, once again, provides an excellent starting point.

3 hours ago, Dongs REO Speedwagon said:

-Being able to individually disable certain categories of creature predators using an .ini is pretty neat, though I do kind of wish that individual creatures could be detected and toggled for perk/ability distribution. Certain creatures as predators just kind of spoil the experience from time to time, but the one option I have for turning them off disables everything else in the same category - which, tragically, also stops the mini-ecosystem from my previous point from happening. I understand if it's just too complicated to pull off, so this is more of a nitpick than anything.

The Spell Perk Distribution ini files do let you select individual creatures and NPCs. Check out the SuperPreds ini file, it's a pretty good example.

-This is very much a personal preference thing, so feel free to skip this entire paragraph. I made a bit of a point in my last post in the thread that I'm here specifically because this is a functioning vore-gameplay-and-experience mod. I'm not a fan of the same-size focus, and that's okay because a lot of the features of this mod can be tweaked and disabled to suit the user's needs. Having said that, I was more than a little disappointed in the implementation of macromancy and how it actually factors into the mod's mechanics. It'd frankly take an entire alternate set of perk/faction tags to get what I personally dream of, to say nothing of a size-change greater than 30% scale difference going either way. Something like smaller creatures/humanoids being tagged to only swallow prey marked as smaller than themselves - as it is, the who-can-eat-whom game is a bit too much of a free-for-all for the macromancy mechanic to even warrant mentioning. This is by no means a deal-breaker for the mod. However...

The limited macromancy I added was only ever intended to give modest bonuses and penalties for vore -- to make a vore at least somewhat possible for spellcasters.

If you have ideas for how to extend that system, I'm open to suggestions.

-Minor Oversight/Possible Bug?: So imagine my incandescent joy when I notice that the Diminution-inflicting/granting items can be disenchanted. And on first glance, the effects definitely scale with Enchanting Skill, which gave me the hope of crafting my own Ring of Diminution with more than a measly 30% scale change... unfortunately, the self-affecting version of the Macromancy effect can't actually be placed on anything using the enchanting table. No rings or jewelry, no clothing or armor, nothing. The version of the enchantment that affects OTHERS can be taken and put onto other weapons, and scales accordingly, but not the wearable self-affecting enchantment. Was any of this intended?

Highly fixable. You're literally the very first person to ever express an opinion about the macromancy enchantments.

I don't seem to be having the bug where the equip-morph belly just stops working anymore. Suspect it may have been a mod that i disabled. (Modular clothing system.) Either that or it has to do with reloading a save after you die.

Also does deleting the hex IDs in the INIs disable certain creatures as preds?

1 hour ago, DeltaZone said:

While I know a new save is always recommended.
What issues do you think will pop up if I installed this mid playthrough?

It's fine to install it mid-playthrough. Updating mid-playthrough is not advised (for this or any other mod) unless the mod author says they've made it safe. Uninstalling is never safe.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:06 PM, markdf said:

You can use any Slider that shows up in Bodyslide for your body of choice.

Hmmm, I've tried replacing "Vore Prey Belly" with "PregnancyBelly" in the MCM, but the PregnancyBelly slider seemingly wasn't affected. The goal is to use morphs that are compatible with existing clothing mods (aka ones that already have a compatible slider) but I may be misunderstanding how the custom slider works. Should I be using the belly node instead?  Or is clothed-morphing currently impossible even with existing sliders? (I've built the CBBE 3BA AllSliders body + morphs so in theory it should work?)

Also -- huge THANK YOU for getting WeightMorphs to work. I'd spent hours trying to add that functionality to the last edition of Refactor with no success 

1 hour ago, Jabiru said:

Hmmm, I've tried replacing "Vore Prey Belly" with "PregnancyBelly" in the MCM, but the PregnancyBelly slider seemingly wasn't affected. The goal is to use morphs that are compatible with existing clothing mods (aka ones that already have a compatible slider) but I may be misunderstanding how the custom slider works. Should I be using the belly node instead?  Or is clothed-morphing currently impossible even with existing sliders? (I've built the CBBE 3BA AllSliders body + morphs so in theory it should work?)

Also -- huge THANK YOU for getting WeightMorphs to work. I'd spent hours trying to add that functionality to the last edition of Refactor with no success 

I just tried it with PregnancyBelly and it worked fine both with and without an outfit.

If you're not going to use the Devourment sliders, there is no reason to build a Devourment body. Try using the standard 3BA body instead, see if the sliders work.

So the problem I've been run'n into is getting swallowed once in a fight is pretty much game over. If you manage to get them to spit you back out they just beat the shit out of you in the 5 secs it takes you to get back up. And if you survive that they just immediately swallow you again. Rinse and repeat until you're dead. Maybe add a swallow immunity for 10 secs after being spit out?

25 minutes ago, InfinityKage said:

So the problem I've been run'n into is getting swallowed once in a fight is pretty much game over. If you manage to get them to spit you back out they just beat the shit out of you in the 5 secs it takes you to get back up. And if you survive that they just immediately swallow you again. Rinse and repeat until you're dead. Maybe add a swallow immunity for 10 secs after being spit out?

Currently it's five seconds of swallow immunity and damage reduction... but it takes about that long to stand up (unless you have Stick The Landing). So ten seconds might be better for balance. It would make life harder for pred players though. 

3 minutes ago, markdf said:

Currently it's five seconds of swallow immunity and damage reduction... but it takes about that long to stand up (unless you have Stick The Landing). So ten seconds might be better for balance. It would make life harder for pred players though. 

Personally I use Vore as a finishing move. I only attempt to Vore someone if they are low health so I never noticed the Vore immunity. But I can see how that would hinder someone who uses it more often. Maybe split the difference and go with 7-8 secs?

3 hours ago, InfinityKage said:

Personally I use Vore as a finishing move. I only attempt to Vore someone if they are low health so I never noticed the Vore immunity. But I can see how that would hinder someone who uses it more often. Maybe split the difference and go with 7-8 secs?

Nah, I'm definitely thinking 10 now. Even back in the original Devourment, I remember it being too easy to swallow escaped prey before they could get back in the fight.

So here's a question for ya. I like the "Become your killer" thing. The problem is if you become a bandit/forsworn/vampire/etc you become allied to that faction. So if you are eaten and digested by bandit, so you become a bandit, all bandits in the game are now no longer hostile. Makes the game quite boring. You know any way around this?

39 minutes ago, InfinityKage said:

So here's a question for ya. I like the "Become your killer" thing. The problem is if you become a bandit/forsworn/vampire/etc you become allied to that faction. So if you are eaten and digested by bandit, so you become a bandit, all bandits in the game are now no longer hostile. Makes the game quite boring. You know any way around this?

It was already like that in DFAM, and probably the older version of Devourment too. I don't use Become Your Killer myself, so I've never fooled much with it other than an occasional Quixotic attempt to make the face-copying work.

I always assumed the main reason to become a bandit would be to start robbing travellers and assaulting guards, until one of them digests you.

At some point I might add finer-grained control over the process.

New version uploaded...

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions for your wiki. I think it will be pretty useful to new users (and probably experienced users too) once it starts to fill in! Refactor is a pretty huge project in some ways.

Hi!

I like this mod mostly for the locational vore. I'm not into people being eaten/swallowed all that much, but big into absorbed into a bodypart.

Anyways, I had a lot of fun getting the mod going but there were a few things that don't seem to be added yet that would greatly improve the experience for weirdos like me that don't like being swallowed whole. I know I am not the target audience, but I hope you can appreciate the suggestions regardless:

1. The locational vore seems to only specifically do the selected location/type of vore. I'd love to see an option to have it be random, ideally for a list where you can disable certain locations since I could only get a few of them working, and I imagine others have similar troubles.
  2. Every vore location seems to control a single slider, but with CBBE many morphs look much better with multiple sliders being adjusted. I figured this could be something the advanced editing solves, but I wasn't able to figure out how to use the advanced editor since no examples seem to be included and the existing files are just empty JSON brackets. One example with CBBE is the BigButt slider looks fine from most angles expect it makes a weird 'shelf' where it tries to connect to the thighs if they are not also inflated.
  3. Option to not shrink the part back down when absorbed, or to make it much much slower so it takes a day or so. Long enough that you could possibly have a dom (or pred as some people call them these days) with you and you can try to keep their parts big from constant eating. This comes along with an option to not have the belly fill up when the victim is 'dead'.
  4. Friendly text toggle to not mention death. I know this won't help for the dialog mod since it's separate, but I would love a toggle to replace "You're dead" with something like "You were absorbed" or whatever. I get that the victim won't be doing much of anything, but I like the idea that they still exist in there somehow.
  5. Ingredients and Food probably shouldn't 'come back up'. It's chaos when the player gets eaten due to the billions of items, but consumables being consumed at the same time makes sense and would offset this to a degree. For similar reasons it would be nice if coins could be put in a bag or something.