Devourment Refactor

View File

Devourment is an entire lineage of vore mods. Devourment Refactor is my attempt to make a version of Devourment that is stable, maintainable, and extensible.

WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE

• Bug testing is always helpful. 
  • SKSE: there are several SKSE functions we need; if you have any skill at making SKSE plugins, we'd love your help (my C++ skills atrophied decades ago).
    • The hard part for me is linking to existing SKSE plugins -- specifically NiOverride and JContainers.
  • Art: we'd love to have custom icons for spells and powers, instead of using MagInvAbsorb and MagicHatMarker for everything.
    • It's also helpful to suggest better spell icons from the vanilla game.
  • Is there a horse skeleton in the vanilla game anywhere, or in a mod that has open permissions? A horse skeleton would be handy.
  • Add more information to the Wiki. LOTS more.

NOTICES

• Any bug report about a CTD MUST be accompanied by NetScriptFramework crash log. And please put it in a SPOILER tag, like a civilized person.
  • The SKSE Address Library Plugin is requirement of Devourment's requirements. It was missing from the requirement list, so I added it. Honestly it never even occurred to me that anyone would NOT already have it installed.
  • Bug reports about dialogue are useless unless you include the line that the PLAYER speaks. I need to know that line in order to find the correct dialogue.
  • Devourment Refactor is completely, 100% INCOMPATIBLE with other Devourment mods. Don't even try it. Don't do it!
  • If you have questions about how the code works, please ask. 

Installation

Thank you to ForgetfulHatter for this lovely installation video!

Macross put together a guide looking at Bodyslide and Outfit Studio.
BS_Primer.pdf (dropbox.com)

Thank you to InfinityKage for developing a wiki!

Devourment Refactor Wiki | Fandom

Notable Features

• It's SSE only. If you find it works for you in Legendary edition, then I'm happy for you.
  • It's relatively stable and has decent performance. Some code was moved into a JContainers Lua backend script.
  • The main loop shuts down when there are no digestions in progress.
  • Removed some of the spells because they were still buggy.
  • Removed the special abilities for voring members of humanoid races. Seemed way too overpowered. You already gain skills from your prey anyway.
  • Removed the vore weapons and armor, except for the Blade of Diminution and the Ring of Augmentation.
  • ForgetfulHatter's vore dialogue mods has been completely incorporated.
  • Stranger's dialogue was incorporated, then decorporated and moved to Gherking's dialogue add-on.
  • No more cloak spell or scanner quest killing performance in populated areas; it uses PowerOfThree's Spell Perk Item Distributor plugin instead.
  • Sound are mostly fixed, so that the right ones play at the right time and stop when they should. No longer requires a tiny database just to manage it all.
  • Built-in support for INeed, MiniNeeds, RealisticNeedsAndDiseases/IWant, SunHelm, and CC Survival Mode.
  • Supports EasyWheel!
  • Lots of bug fixes. So many.
  • Compacted into a ESMFE.
  • Perks: true perk system using thanks to Meh321's Custom Skills Framework, with separate Pred and Prey trees.
  • Event system: makes it easy to use Devourment as a soft dependency for other mods.
  • MCM: provides a lot more debugging options including a list of current stomach contents.
  • MultiVore: preds can swallow multiple prey.
  • MetaVore: preds can swallow other preds, even if they are currently digesting their own prey.
  • Meters: health bars and struggle bars showing the status of your prey. The player also gets a struggle bar.
  • Struggle System: struggle free using the movement keys instead of just waiting for the timer to expire.
  • Debugging Mode: your vore attacks always succeed, you can endo anyone, access to all of the vore spells, and tons of extra data in the console and Papyrus log. Ruins performance. Sooo slow.
  • Equipment: items can be swallowed and passed; prey can be automatically stripped while being digested, and you can swallow any item that you grab.
  • Endo Control: when you are endoed by a follower, you can control their movement (but not combat). You CAN make them vomit you at a target though, which is super fun.
  • Bellies: supports Macross and Gaz's morphvore struggle belly and bodies. Trust me, they are a big improvement over anything else.
  • So much more.

Dependencies

Hard Requirements

Wet And Cold

• Wet and Cold SE was not converted to SSE format correctly, and it will cause crashes under a wide variety of circumstances. 

Useful

Supported

• Sexlab (Devourment will try to stop processing anyone involved in a sex scene, and can trigger a few scenes itself)
  • Easy Wheelmenu -- Some Devourment powers can be activated from the wheelmenu.
  • iNeed, Realistic Needs and Diseases, iWant RND for CACO, Mini SSE Needs, SunHelm Survival, and Creation Club Survival Mode
  • Frostfall -- being inside of a predator will keep you warm, but you'll be soaked when you get out -- Tauntaun style.
  • WeightMorphs SE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus -- Devourment includes patched scripts for WeightMorphs.
    • Adds support for some of the coldsteel sliders.
    • Digesting prey will cause weightgain for the player.

Might Conflict

• Frozen Electrocuted Combustion -- sometimes it will cause script explosion when used with Devourment.
    • I think it's mostly fixed though, which is good because it's SO GOOD. Such a good mod. PO3 work is excellent, consistently.
  • BHUNP, UUNP, any UNP really -- the textures are not supported by the equippable belly or the morphvore bodies.
    • They'll work fine as long as you don't use Devourment's equippable bellies.
    • You'll also need to change the stomach slider to something that your preferred body actually has.
  • SmoothCam, Alternate Conversation Camera, any other mod that changes the camera.
  • Horny Creatures of Skyrim -- changes the paths to creature bodies, so the MorphVore creature bodies wont show up.
  • More Nasty Critters -- same problem as Horny Creatures of Skyrim.
  • SkyBirds -- skybirds is incompatible with not crashing. Don't use SkyBirds. Ever.

Add-Ons

Credits

The Heroes

• Vegan for starting Devourment (before getting all litigious)
  • KongPow -- Devourment modder of the old republic.
  • Sider -- another of the old school Devourment modders.
  • Stranger -- for one of the dialogue mods that has been incorporated and then decorporated.
  • ForgetfulHatter -- for another one of the dialogue mods that was incorporated, and for helping design the locus vore system.
  • Gaz -- ideas, criticism, feedback, problem solving, sanity maintenance, and the 3BA MorphVore body.
  • Macross -- the animated struggle system, general problem solving, the MorphVore bellies, animated vomit, and cleaning up the bodyslide folder.
  • Genki - art human, creator of the new Devourment MCM image and most of the graphics in the installer, and some amazing screenshots.
  • Kendri -- for greatly improving the scream sound effects.
  • Rox -- developer of the morphable creature bodies.
  • Galmar1313 -- creator of Devourment Male and Female. I used DFAM as my starting point and a lot of those bones are still present. Both literally and figuratively.
  • Redman the Hungry Fox -- Devourment coder of the long ago, tester, contributor.

If you belong on this list and are not mentioned yet, please do speak up so that we can get your name in there!

Permissions

All of my code is released freely for anyone to do anything they want (the Apache 2.0 license, to be specific).

HOWEVER! It is all hopelessly intermingled with other people's code, so do not rely on that permission.

Archive of previous versions and media: https://mega.nz/folder/7k5i0ISS#fqA8oYD9iKHtFwr8hhv7SQ

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/24/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, USSEP, SSE Engine Fixes, NetscriptFramework, SkyUI, JContainers, PapyrusUtil, ConsoleUtilSSE, XPMSE, CBBE or 3BBB, SOS, Spell Perk Item Distribution, Custom Skills Framework, MCM Helper, LibFire
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Spoiler

[Active effect 1 on  (000D9547)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (000D9547)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?
[03/25/2021 - 12:12:48PM] [CF][Framework] Sending register event
[03/25/2021 - 12:12:49PM] ERROR: Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011B7)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011B7)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?
[03/25/2021 - 12:12:49PM] ERROR: Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011B9)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011B9)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011BB)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011BB)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?
[03/25/2021 - 12:12:50PM] ERROR: Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [Active effect 2 on  (00084807)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 2 on  (00084807)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?

Got this in my Papyrus log after I crashed, was in a struggle mode with a wolf the struggle button would not work and I had prey in the stomach too.  I check the .net framework log crash nothing in it.  So far mod works pretty just small things so far

5 hours ago, seetruck-2000 said:

I have papyrus util installed but when game starts it says not installed, the MCM does not display what I have installed properly. I have all required mods installed.

Reveal hidden contents

Do you have the DLL preloader installed? If so, uninstall it -- SSE Engine Fixes has its own, and they conflict.

Also, you have an out of date version of PapyrusUtil.

4 hours ago, seetruck-2000 said:
  Hide contents

[Active effect 1 on  (000D9547)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (000D9547)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?
[03/25/2021 - 12:12:48PM] [CF][Framework] Sending register event
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011B7)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011B7)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011B9)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011B9)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011BB)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (FF0011BB)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?
[03/25/2021 - 12:12:50PM] ERROR: Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [Active effect 2 on  (00084807)].DevourmentPseudoAI.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Active effect 2 on  (00084807)].DevourmentPseudoAI.OnUpdate() - "DevourmentPseudoAI.psc" Line ?

Got this in my Papyrus log after I crashed, was in a struggle mode with a wolf the struggle button would not work and I had prey in the stomach too.  I check the .net framework log crash nothing in it.  So far mod works pretty just small things so far

Good to see you still around! I thought you were working on Devourment Remastered?

Hello,

It is pretty cool to see a devourment mod.

Just a question, i am on a devourment discord that is recently working on Devourment Remastered. I saw Refactor there before. So everything is a bit confusing.

What is the difference between this version and the one on that discord ?

13 minutes ago, Quest_Items said:

Hello,

It is pretty cool to see a devourment mod.

Just a question, i am on a devourment discord that is recently working on Devourment Remastered. I saw Refactor there before. So everything is a bit confusing.

What is the difference between this version and the one on that discord ?

Devourment Remastered is a completely different project by a different group of people. They took over the Discord where Refactor was being developed, rebranded it, and gutted a lot of the code. I don't know how far along they are with it. 

I'm extremely biased here, but I think Devourment Refactor is better in literally every way.

28 minutes ago, markdf said:

Devourment Remastered is a completely different project by a different group of people. They took over the Discord where Refactor was being developed, rebranded it, and gutted a lot of the code. I don't know how far along they are with it. 

I'm extremely biased here, but I think Devourment Refactor is better in literally every way.

Last i heard from "Devourment Remastered", there's no real progress being made. Seems like the "Remaster" won't really be a remaster for a long while. Probably ever because refactor exists.
Hell ... Devourment Male and Female has more content than "Remaster" has, so, if you're looking for a mod to play and enjoy, refactor is the way to go!

Alright thanks for the answers.

So if i understand correctly i must use this with a body compatible to morhvore, doest it means i cant use that mod with CBBE 3BA body ?

And where can i find such a vore body ? i do not see bodyslide files in the archive.

edit: I apologize, i found the body, i thought the installer was a .exe version to install the mod.

26 minutes ago, Quest_Items said:

Alright thanks for the answers.

So if i understand correctly i must use this with a body compatible to morhvore, doest it means i cant use that mod with CBBE 3BA body ?

And where can i find such a vore body ? i do not see bodyslide files in the archive.

edit: I apologize, i found the body, i thought the installer was a .exe version to install the mod.

The default body IS 3BA -- except with four extra sliders.

3 hours ago, markdf said:

Do you have the DLL preloader installed? If so, uninstall it -- SSE Engine Fixes has its own, and they conflict.

Also, you have an out of date version of PapyrusUtil.

As far as papyrusUtil I have the latest one on Nexus installed, so if there is a newer version out?

33 minutes ago, seetruck-2000 said:

As far as papyrusUtil I have the latest one on Nexus installed, so if there is a newer version out?

You might have an older version of PapyrusUtil overwriting it -- lots of mods include older versions.

47 minutes ago, seetruck-2000 said:

Yes I am trying to get remastered to work properly but me and scripting don't really mix, remastered does work but limited on using the spells instead of powers.

Refactor has gotten quite mature. Love you have you onboard writing dialogue or creating spell add-ons or anything really!

I seem to recall that you know your way around Outfit Studio. Galmar demonstrated that morphvore and struggle sliders work perfectly on creature bodies -- it would be amazing if someone made morphvore versions of the creature bodies from Horny Creatures of Skyrim and More Nasty Creatures. Or added proper camera nodes to them (like in Playable Monster Mod). Or both.

I am never not trying to draft people into helping...

18 minutes ago, markdf said:

Refactor has gotten quite mature. Love you have you onboard writing dialogue or creating spell add-ons or anything really!

I seem to recall that you know your way around Outfit Studio. Galmar demonstrated that morphvore and struggle sliders work perfectly on creature bodies -- it would be amazing if someone made morphvore versions of the creature bodies from Horny Creatures of Skyrim and More Nasty Creatures. Or added proper camera nodes to them (like in Playable Monster Mod). Or both.

I am never not trying to draft people into helping...

I do know Outfit Studio but the animation part I don't know very well, we are still learning and it never ends.  Been trying to get a reference body into Outfit Studio but so far I was not successful yet, unless you managed to get one for a Devourment body.

43 minutes ago, seetruck-2000 said:

Been trying to get the perk tree to come up but so far I can't, that's either one

Make sure you DO have NetScriptFramework and SSE Engine Fixes installed, and make sure you DON'T have the DLL Plugin Loader installed.

2 hours ago, markdf said:

Make sure you DO have NetScriptFramework and SSE Engine Fixes installed, and make sure you DON'T have the DLL Plugin Loader installed.

Have both installed and DLL plugin loader not installed, if I have NetScriptFramework installed, I get no message it's not installed properly then need to know how it needs to be installed so refractor can see it.  MO2 has messages saying what installed and what not for a mod to be installed cool feature in the new update.

Hi, thanks for the great (update) to the mod i like!

I have some questions, I got instantly vomitted everytime i try to get vored by friends and innkeepers, while I'm not touching anything. Is there a suggestion on how to fix it? 

Also my skills on vore and get vore are 50 as soon as I installed the mod. Is this supposed to happen?

The mod is installed half way through my gameplay, and I uninstalled the old devourment before I install this one, is it possible that the uninstall caused some problem?

28 minutes ago, Wang Sir said:

Hi, thanks for the great (update) to the mod i like!

I have some questions, I got instantly vomitted everytime i try to get vored by friends and innkeepers, while I'm not touching anything. Is there a suggestion on how to fix it? 

Also my skills on vore and get vore are 50 as soon as I installed the mod. Is this supposed to happen?

The mod is installed half way through my gameplay, and I uninstalled the old devourment before I install this one, is it possible that the uninstall caused some problem?

did you use Fallrim Tools to clean your save before installing the new one.