7 minutes ago, Clintbeastwood115 said:

when will become your killer comes back :C

Devourment's worst, buggiest, glitchiest, worst, most broken, worst feature?? 

It's back now. Fixed the tiny bug that was keeping it from activating.

4 hours ago, reex24 said:

Here's a savefile in a relatively innocuous location which has the orphaned hud element, as well as the export I got from the MCM at that moment and location.

I've also included a save file from right before the ctding saves with a database export from that moment, and a pair of saves which trigger ctds on load (loading save 34 created the previous netimmerse crash logs).

I don't have a database export for files 33 or 34 as I can't load them and generate one, so I tried to recreate the situation by loading the file right before the ctd, eating all the spiders, exporting the database,and saving. Since that's what I thought I did to generate the first broken saves on two separate occasions, I expected this to create a file which ctds and a database exported at the same moment. Oddly enough, that new save loads perfectly fine, so I really don't know what causes the ctds in saves 33 and 34.

Orphaned_Hud_save.zip 3.17 MB · 1 download save_before_ctd.zip 3 MB · 2 downloads ctding_saves.zip 5.97 MB · 2 downloads

I can't find anything wrong with these savefiles (other than the meter getting left behind). The crashlogs you posted look like what would happen if you had the old version of the perk distribution script that mistakenly assigned a DIAL record as a perk. But none of the up to date ini files reference that record. So I'm really not sure what's happening here.

A crashlog without debugging on might provide some insight.

16 minutes ago, Amiiboae said:

Cant seem ta find what affects it :c. Its just the smoke rising is blue like ash piles and I wanna change that.

I inherited those meshes from DFAM, the ancestor mod of Devourment Refactor. And I don't know a thing about modelling and particles. It was like that when I got here.

28 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

anyone got any updates on if it works with LE?

Maintaining two versions got to be too much trouble, especially since some things don't work the same way in SE and LE.

You're welcome to try to convert it using Cathedral. The perk menus won't work though.

42 minutes ago, markdf said:

Maintaining two versions got to be too much trouble, especially since some things don't work the same way in SE and LE.

You're welcome to try to convert it using Cathedral. The perk menus won't work though.

shame i dont feel like buying the same game twice for todd howard, even if its a little bit more stable. ?

2 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

shame i dont feel like buying the same game twice for todd howard, even if its a little bit more stable. ?

You weren't able to get it free? They gave it away to everyone who had the Legendary Edition package.

1 hour ago, markdf said:

You weren't able to get it free? They gave it away to everyone who had the Legendary Edition package.

nah it was only for a limited time and even though i had the base game i didn't have all the dlcs except hearfire and dragonborn so i wasn't eligible anyways... thanks Bethesda.

i would get the last dlc later on but by then that offer was all but gone.

12 hours ago, Jagg0 said:

can I get some help, when ever I try to install with nmm I get and error message saying "object reference not set to an instance of an object" does anyone know what a fix might be?

The error you're getting indicates that a reference alias somewhere is not set properly, and that message should only appear if you're trying to compile a script.  
What, specifically, are you trying to do when you install Devourment?

5 hours ago, seetruck-2000 said:

With the new update when I swallow someone the health is reduced to 10 and when digesting the player dies, can't use consul command to increase health.

Did you swallow using Stranger's dialogue? Because some of those dialogue scripts reduce the victim's health.

Just wanted to say I really enjoy the mod so far, though I seem to have run into a small issue. I can't get the "You feel pressure building up in your gut" message to stop flashing in the middle of my screen. I tried messing with the notifications settings in the mcm and loading older saves before it first cropped up but it seems to have carried over to those as well. I'm tempted to just start another file since its a fairly new save to see if stops it but I fear I'll eventually run into it again.

3 minutes ago, Chugly said:

Just wanted to say I really enjoy the mod so far, though I seem to have run into a small issue. I can't get the "You feel pressure building up in your gut" message to stop flashing in the middle of my screen. I tried messing with the notifications settings in the mcm and loading older saves before it first cropped up but it seems to have carried over to those as well. I'm tempted to just start another file since its a fairly new save to see if stops it but I fear I'll eventually run into it again.

You can disable those messages in the MCM. They will show up as notifications instead.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:08 PM, markdf said:

I inherited those meshes from DFAM, the ancestor mod of Devourment Refactor. And I don't know a thing about modelling and particles. It was like that when I got here.

Figured it out. Tied to the MPS ash pile nif, not the one under effects. The BSPSysSimpleColorModifier specifically. Dunno if you would care just an fyi :)

13 hours ago, markdf said:

You can disable those messages in the MCM. They will show up as notifications instead.

Seems that starting a new game without interacting with older saves beforehand solves the issue. I'll make sure to have help messages disabled in the future.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, markdf said:

Did you swallow using Stranger's dialogue? Because some of those dialogue scripts reduce the victim's health.

when Swallowing the players health is reduced to 10 and when digesting the player dies, I replaced the main ESP with an older version and this do not happen. had to use console command to make health at least 1000 to live.

I even used the MCM to do not take struggle damage to 0, same thing happens, and all required mods are working properly