14 hours ago, ashesIIashes said:

I was wondering if this mod could get ported over to LE? It's what I usually prefer to play.

No idea. Feel free to try. I don't even have the time I would like to spend on developing the SE version, much less on an LE port. Besides, I know nothing about how that's done. If you can port it, please do, and feel free to share, just include a link to the original mod. The next update is still pretty far away.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Tayte said:

Aww, wish I had gotten this when there were caravans, but i'm too far into my save to change that now. Great mod, and always await for more of your stuff ?

Thanks. I think there is a good chance you can update without any issues. I've done so many times and never had any trouble. You can always keep a backup save and if there are issues, revert. Simply uninstall the old one, and reinstall the new one. If problems occur, you can reverse this process. Also, please note, one of the caravans, the one between Dushniki Yal and Markarth, has slaves with mismatching skin colors. I am aware of this bug and it will be fixed with the next update, which, however, is still quite far off. 

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Lenore said:

There's no real instruction on how to use the patches and they do not install with MO2 .. I'm sure the answer is something simple that I should know. O.o

If it's an .esp, just copy it into the DATA folder, or make a data folder somewhere on your computer, place the file in it, zip the folder and name the zip so you can tell what it is, and then install via MO2 or Vortex. Or you could use the native MO2 feature of specifying where the file goes, but, admittedly, it is a bit confusing.

33 minutes ago, gargamel9 said:

If it's an .esp, just copy it into the DATA folder, or make a data folder somewhere on your computer, place the file in it, zip the folder and name the zip so you can tell what it is, and then install via MO2 or Vortex. Or you could use the native MO2 feature of specifying where the file goes, but, admittedly, it is a bit confusing.

Thank you

7 hours ago, DeviousChip5 said:

I downloaded this mod and it says that it depends on Labyrinth SE.esp, where do I download it

Does it, really? I thought I have removed that dependency a long time ago. Shouldn't be there. In any case, for the time being, you can download it from my page, the mod is actually called A Perilous Maze, but the .esp is named Labyrinth. This was my first mod and I was still pretty bad with naming conventions. I'll look into it,and try and update, but since my life is very busy atm, it'll take a few weeks.
Also, AS should run with no issues even without the Labyrinth SE.esp loaded, as the dependency is purely through the plugins list. No assets are loaded from that mod.

Edited by gargamel9
16 hours ago, kohlteth said:

It's looking good @gargamel9 I cannot wait to see more, I could not find the way out of the Maze btw :) 

Um one question, is there a way to give the slaves hair at all?

Thank you. And, the way out can be found, but it's not easy. There are a few surprises in the maze, too.
More is to come, but progress is slow. I'm currently enlisting more people to hopefully increase the speed. Anyone with skills is welcome, as long as they are willing to keep with my original vision. I'm considering having one person doing non-Frostbite-Clan-lore-friendly stuff, such as making them all male or mixed, but that's low priority. Most of all, I'm looking for someone willing to write scripts as per demand, and then explain them to me step-by-step, so I can learn how to do this faster. Also female voice actors would be very nice. Though, with the marvelous advances of xVAsynth, this is becoming less and less pressing of an issue.
You can add hair to the slaves yourself. Very simple edit in CK. Just takes a lot of time. You just need to open each and every one of them (roughly 300 "actor" objects) and change the hair setting in the Character Gen Parts tab, and save. That's all there is to it. Feel free to post the result under your own profile, as long as you provide a link to the original mod. I'm not willing to spend the time doing this myself, as I want to use it on more creative stuff. I have very little time as it is.

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 7:24 AM, lcewolf said:

I don't know if you have ever try the Mod Wartimes but in Whiterun it share the same place for both the house and your building.

I like your mod and i was wondering if it was complicated to move the building a little further of Whiterun?

Yes, I've heard about that. And, yes, unfortunately it is a problem to move the building, because even if I did, there is no way for me to restore the original navmesh, so it wouldn't resolve the conflict. Since the Whiterun branch is the second building I made for this mod, rolling back isn't an option either, as it would mean discarding literally weeks of work. Sorry.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:34 AM, gargamel9 said:

Yes, I've heard about that. And, yes, unfortunately it is a problem to move the building, because even if I did, there is no way for me to restore the original navmesh, so it wouldn't resolve the conflict. Since the Whiterun branch is the second building I made for this mod, rolling back isn't an option either, as it would mean discarding literally weeks of work. Sorry.

Thank you for you answer. i prefer not disable your mod.

It's there a way to disable this one on my end without making any consequence?

I could use SSEedit on my end and remove it but If i erase whiterun part would it cause any problem?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164

20 hours ago, lcewolf said:

Thank you for you answer. i prefer not disable your mod.

It's there a way to disable this one on my end without making any consequence?

I could use SSEedit on my end and remove it but If i erase whiterun part would it cause any problem?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164

Even if you remove the Frostbite Clan Whiterun shop, it will not solve the problem, as the navmeshes, as far as I am aware, cannot be restored to their vanilla state, once changed the way I did. So even if the house isn't there, there will still be a conflict in the location. Unfortunately, it's either my mod, or Wartimes. The mods are fundamentally incompatible, and there's nothing I can do about that, short of remaking the whole mod from scratch.
If however SSEedit can remove all records in the Whiterun locations, including navmeshes, then that might do the trick (I do not know the capabilities of SSEedit very well). The one thing you should preserve, though, is the Xmarker, which is a starting/end point of a few of the slave caravans. Removing it would probably break them. The Xmarker should be on the road, in front of the establishment.

Edited by gargamel9
5 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

Even if you remove the Frostbite Clan Whiterun shop, it will not solve the problem, as the navmeshes, as far as I am aware, cannot be restored to their vanilla state, once changed the way I did. So even if the house isn't there, there will still be a conflict in the location. Unfortunately, it's either my mod, or Wartimes. The mods are fundamentally incompatible, and there's nothing I can do about that, short of remaking the whole mod from scratch.
If however SSEedit can remove all records in the Whiterun locations, including navmeshes, then that might do the trick (I do not know the capabilities of SSEedit very well). The one thing you should preserve, though, is the Xmarker, which is a starting/end point of a few of the slave caravans. Removing it would probably break them. The Xmarker should be on the road, in front of the establishment.

Thank you for your assistance.?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ashesIIashes said:

I went ahead and converted it back to LE. I checked most of the hold slave stores and i also know the caravans work. i think the only thing that doesn't is the voice acting.

Ambient Slaves SE converted v0.3d.7z 8.02 MB · 0 downloads

Great, thanks for your effort! Feel free to share in your profile (so long as a link to the original is provided).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kohlteth said:

Sooo I went exploring and damn @gargamel9 you must have some NICE plans in mind for this Mod. I especially like what seems to be going on in the Markarth Clan area, although Solitude's is looking of great interest also, cannot wait to see more.....

Me neither :) If only there was more time and/or manpower. But I'm not giving up. But a lot of patience will be required.

5 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

Me neither :) If only there was more time and/or manpower. But I'm not giving up. But a lot of patience will be required.

Some things are just very well worth the wait, I too, love what I've seen so far. Thank you for your work thus far!

3 hours ago, ZoluZz said:

Is compatible with Ostim?

I haven't tested it, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. Ambient slaves only adds locations and non-interactive NPCs (the interactive part will be handled by other plug-in mod), so as long as Ostim doesn't add any buildings or edit navmeshes in the locations I placed my stuff, there should be no conflict.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

Any plans to make adoptable mods like devious captured part of your Ambient slave system?

No. AS is intended to be an assets framework. Essentially placing a large number of buildings and NPCs for other mods to play with, as well as creating an ambience of a Skyrim, where slavery is commonplace. On its own, it will add no quests or mechanics, apart from some scripts for addon mods to use. None of the addon mods I am working on, or which I plan to make has Deviously Captured in mind. For my taste, DC is too unrealistic, and immersion-breaking. My mods will go in a different direction.
That said, anyone is free and welcome to make an addon of their own, which then can integrate DC.