Ambient Slaves SE/VR

View File

This mod adds Frostbite Clan slave dealer branches, at the outskirts of all five of the Skyrim Capitals. In two cases, where the branch facility is not located directly at a main access road, i.e. Windhelm and Solitude, it also adds a market stall at the palace district (Windhelm) and at the marketplace (Solitude).

Please note: Since this mods adds quite a few exterior structures, it is very possible that it will clash with other mods which do the same. Even if the structures aren't in the same place, just the changes in navmeshes can cause CTDs as far as two cells apart. This is as much my fault as much as that of the authors of the other mods. The simple reason being, creating a navmesh which will prevent this issue is an extremely difficult and time-consuming process. It would easily triple the number of hours that go into this, so I just can't be bothered.

Known Issue: At the Fort Anguish location (near Dusnikh Yal, near Markarth) an unknown phenomenon is causing static objects like walls and towers at the fort become invisible, while preserving their hitboxes. If anyone has any suggestions as to what may be causing this, please share them with me.

TLDR:

Features:

- 9 non-interactive slaver outposts at or near the Skyrim capitals and towns 

- 1 outpost at Solstheim: Raven Rock
- 1 quarry (WIP)

- 2 non-interactive marketplace stalls, at Windhelm (palace district), and Solitude (marketplace)

- roughly 300 NPCs
- 8 slave caravans

- all slavers and slaves are female (this will have a backstory reason)

Planned Features:
- more quarries, mines, brothels...

- more factions

- some public pillories with misbehaving slaves

Requirements:

ZAZ8

v0.2d and lower:

Devious Devices 5

Sexlab Framework

and their respective requirements!

Compatibility Patches:

For versions 0.2c and higher I highly recommend downloading the compatibility patches done by gregaaz.

In the main plugin patch, he optimized a great number of navmeshes and removed a ton of ITMs, and fixed a lot more stuff. If you are running the experimental version 0.3a or higher, do not install the main plugin patch, as it is already integrated, so you would be basically downgrading to 0.2d

Below a list of gregaaz's patches with the names of the corresponding mods:

Ambient Slaves SE - updated main plugin
    AS-3DNPC Compatibility Patch - for Interesting NPCs
    AS-CRF Compatibility Patch - for Cutting Room Floor
    AS-Honeyside Compatibility Patch - for Sweet as Honeyside
    AS-LOS Compatibility Patch - for Lanterns of Skyrim II
    AS-MISLP Compatibility Patch - for Midwood Island - Ship Location Patch
    AS-ROB Compatibility Patch - for Rigmor of Bruma
    AS-SC Compatibility Patch - for Markarth Sky City
    AS-SMIM Compatibility Patch - for Static Mesh Improvement Mod
    AS-XPO Compatibility Patch - for Prison Overhaul Patched
    AS-ZDD Compatibility Patch - for Diabloesque Decorations

Details:

The purpose of this mod is to provide a slightly less over-the-top alternative to Hydragorgon’s Slave Girls (which deserves the credit for being the inspiration to create this mod in the first place). The goal is to populate Skyrim with slaves and slavers in a non-intrusive way and to create an atmosphere that slavery is a natural part of Skyrim’s life.

Another purpose of the mod is to provide a stage for another future mod of mine, which will be a slavery campaign, in which the unfortunate enslaved player will be shipped around between outposts and worked hard and/or sold. It will provide a framework for various enslavement mods, like A Perilous Maze, and slavery mods (like quarries, mines, brothels etc.), but that’s still music of the future. Right now, the mod is non-interactive, simply providing the visuals. The only interaction you can have is a hello-line the dealers will drop if you come close to them. All the Frostbite Clan members have rudimentary AI and most (some guards and most slaves always stay in one place) of them will be on a schedule. All the branches feature highly detailed interiors, but stuff like ownership of all the multitudes of objects is still not completely finished. As said, the main purpose of the mod is to give you the impression that slavery is a commonplace thing so that you are not the only slave in Skyrim (if enslaved).

Future versions will improve upon the detail and features of the current locations (I would like to make the dealers actual merchants able to sell you accessories and sell or buy slaves), Add more outposts in some of the smaller towns, add, as mentioned, various mines and quarries and othe places of slave employment, add one or two more slaver factions, and similar to Hydragorgon’s Slave Girls, some slaver caravans, but much fewer.

This mod, like my previous as well as any of my future mods, focuses on the utilization of VR. Though this makes no practical difference, as of now, the future slavery campaign mod will be best experienced in VR (in particular things like slaving in the mines with realistic mining – you will sweat. But that, too is the music of the far future), though I will try and maintain support for SE, too, with some compromises.

The Branches:

Riften:

The smallest of the capital outposts. This is due to its vicinity to the Frostbite Clan Fort over the exit from the Perilous Maze, which is a major base of operations with training and storage facilities. Slaves are transported from there, by boat, over Lake Honrich. The outpost is located right at the south-eastern gate of Riften.

Windhelm:

The Windhelm Facility is the main hub for the import of dark elf slaves from Solstheim. The facility is located down at the docks, around the corner, to the north.

Whiterun:

A slave shop on the main road, south-west of the main gate and west of the stables

Markarth:

Can’t miss it. Right on the access road to Markarth, this facility is the only branch trading in orcs. This is due to the difficulty of subduing and dealing with them. Unlike slaves of other races, orcs are only sold in bulk, to companies, for hard labor in mines and the like.

Solitude:

Thanks to its deep harbor, Solitude is the main hub for the import of slaves from overseas, mainly Redguards, and, of course, the export of Nord slaves. Due to the local strong influence of the Thalmor, this branch does not trade in high elves.

Dushnikh Yal:

Currently under development: The first of the Frostbite Clan quarries, along with a small FC settlement.

Morthal:

A small branch next to the sawmill
Dawnstar:

A small branch in the center of town, across the street from the jarl's hall
Riverwood:
A small branch at the southern side of town, on the small island with the sawmill
Falkreath:

A small branch at the southern side of town, leaned against the side of the mountain

Credits:

gregaaz – who has graciously agreed to clean my mods from bad navmeshes and ITMs and other bugs, as well as lend me a hand with some of the more advanced stuff that is coming

jc321 - for his continued support and essential testing

Hydragorgon – for creating the mod that inspired this project

Download his mod here:
LE

SE

The DD, ZAZ and SexLab teams - for providing all those fabulous resources

philo221 - for his continued support

Pamatronic - for his furniture alignment script, which is included in the mod

Dan Ruta - for creating xVASynth, which I am using to do the female voices

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/06/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    ZAZ8 (hard), Sexlab Framework 1.63 (for v0.2d and lower), Devious Devices 5 (for v0.2d and lower),
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

38 minutes ago, Helveticos said:

Any chances for Oldrim port in the future ?

It probably will work as is. A Perilous Maze does reportedly work, though with some minor issues, so it might be worth a try. Anyone up to the job of porting this is welcome to do so, and to publish under their own profile, as long as I am credited.

On spec, this sounds like it's going to be a cool mod. A couple of things I'd like to throw out as you get started:

Don't try to do too much, too fast. I'd like to see this mod become a big thing, and get more robust as time goes on. With that said...

I want to put out a suggestion that is long overdue, and especially topical considering the setting...

Player oriented slave bounties. i.e: the rich and the powerful putting out bounties on our favorite female Dragonborn. A prize above all others, a trophy fit for a jarl, or some other shady as fuck faction leader. To date, I've seen absolutely nobody tackle this with any kind of real meat to it. Here's your chance. If your mod centers around the buying and selling of human stock, the catering to the rich should be in your wheelhouse.

Game play loop consisting of...

You get popular, maybe kill a few dragons...

Some rich fucker wants your tail, puts out a bounty. Hunters start seeking you out. Maybe a random chance to grab you while you sleep in the wilds.

You wind up getting slaved to a jarl, hell..even Astrid just for kicks.

Chance of escape, or they release you when done...or throw you back to the slavers, etc.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Nobody's really kind of hit this nerve. Sure, there's simple slavery, and slave mods for the player...but a lot of them don't really work hard to fit contextually within the world. You have a chance to do that here. I hope you do.

Till then, I plan to keep an eye on the progress here. Looks like you have some awesome ideas going forward.

13 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

sounds like it's going to be a cool mod

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Don't try to do too much, too fast

Don't worry. Now that I have the main structure laid down, I can relax and add a thing at a time, much more gradually, as much as circumstance will allow me. I'm out of work right now, due to the absolutely insanity surrounding C19, so I have a lot of spare time on my hands. But eventually I might find some work and that's when things will start going much slower.

16 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

I want to put out a suggestion

It seems we think a lot alike, as I actually already had a similar idea, and I do definitely plan on implementing it. The Idea would basically be that runaway slaves are hunted down not only by bounty-hunters, but also all guards, and basically anyone can rat you out. In my branch of the universe, the Frostbite Clan will be the main organization running things surrounding slavery, so they will actively hunt down their own runaway slaves, as well as slaves of customers, or those whom they sold to them (as part of a warranty), in what activity you will be able to participate either as the slave, or as a hunter, or huntress rather (you won't be able to join the Frostbite Clan, if you're a man, but maybe one of the other factions will allow it, eventually). If you happen to catch a slave by chance, you will be able to collect a reward, while not reporting them will be a crime (enslavement of the player), and they will tell on you, if they can identify you, because, when caught, they will be subjected to "enhanced" interrogation.
I don't really want to go into the mental loops surrounding the player being the Dragonborn. I'll simply ignore that. I think it's best to start a new game and just never talk to the Jarl in Whiterun. There's plenty of other fun quests and anyone knows this one by heart by now, anyway.

I may do a mod disabling all Dragonborn-related comments and/or the questline itself (but probably there is one already) at some point, but I do not want to incorporate the Dragonborn as such in the story.
Once you fall into slavery, and I should add that all these quests are going to be a separate mod, this one will only set the stage, so others can use it to add their own superstructure, so once you're enslaved, the third mod will mostly revolve around how you are processed by the Frostbite Clan. They won't immediately sell you. They will rather first break you, then put you to work in one of their many operations or establishments. The period how long this will take, will be adjustable in the MCM. This part will involve multiple quests, interacting with the slavers and fellow slaves. I have some quite original ideas on the slaving itself, in terms of it feeling like real slavery in VR, as indicated about the mining...
Eventually, for various quest reasons, you might end up on display in one of the shops, and finally sold to a mod-internal NPC (or quest added onto a selected follower NPC), or to an NPC provided by a linked external mod)
So that's the plan, anyway. But first, I need to create the settings, what is what I am doing in this mod here, as well as in A Perilous Maze. I'll at least have to add a few of the mines and quarries, plantations... and at least one outpost on Solstheim. And before I move on to the third mod, I want to add at least one more level to the Maze.

21 minutes ago, LaRem. said:

Needed LE!

Feel free to port it. I don't know how, and I'd rather spend my time creating more content. (And, as mentioned above, it will probably work with LE anyhow, I'm just not testing it. No guarantees).

Really interested to see where this goes; having a more 'living' world is one of the things I always like to have in my games, and you're right in that Hydrogorgon's work is great, but... more than slightly immersion breaking. Out of curiosity, for those of us more of the... Genghis Khan bent, let's say, any chance  this would hook into or play a similar role to Paradise halls? 

8 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

in terms of it feeling like real slavery in VR, as indicated about the mining...

i love this mod idea but slavery in VR is another thing mining is fine but how do i explain to someone that i got sold into slavery so i have to suck cock or wank people off while doing the motions in VR and then look them in the eye afterwards lmao

7 hours ago, Wolfshrike said:

any chance  this would hook into or play a similar role to Paradise halls

Nope, sorry, the only way I can do this is to follow my own fantasies, otherwise it stops being fun. Though I'm as straight as they come, or maybe exactly because of that, I just hate having to look at other guys' junk, so that's why it's just girl-on-girl action everywhere. Other than that, the planned brothels may come somewhat close to PH (though I've never played it), but those will be establishments where the clan will sell their slaves' bodies to clients to have fun with them, for profit and also to break the slaves and make them more obedient.
Anyone is welcome to make modifications to my mods to better adapt them to their own fantasies, provided it doesn't involve children.

6 hours ago, DragonDweller611 said:

how do i explain to someone

1) you don't get caught
2) I have no plans on implementing wanking-off. Sucking off, maybe, on strap-ons, as I am only interested in girl-on-girl action. As much as this is unrealistic, it's the only way it is going to be fun for me, so someone else will have to implement those features. Besides, I don't even know how to go about that, yet. With mining and such I intend to rely on existing 3rd-party mods

As mentioned in the description, Ambient Slaves is intended to just be a platform for other mods. I will make my own mod that will build on this, but people can just install Ambient slaves and A Perilous Maze and then make their own mods that will utilize the Frostbite Clan network of operations in any way they want.

20 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

I don't really want to go into the mental loops surrounding the player being the Dragonborn. I'll simply ignore that. I think it's best to start a new game and just never talk to the Jarl in Whiterun. There's plenty of other fun quests and anyone knows this one by heart by now, anyway.

I may do a mod disabling all Dragonborn-related comments and/or the questline itself (but probably there is one already) at some point, but I do not want to incorporate the Dragonborn as such in the story.

That's a shame. Oh well. Then the mod won't be for me I'm afraid.

Good luck.

6 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

1) you don't get caught
2) I have no plans on implementing wanking-off. Sucking off, maybe, on strap-ons, as I am only interested in girl-on-girl action. As much as this is unrealistic, it's the only way it is going to be fun for me, so someone else will have to implement those features. Besides, I don't even know how to go about that, yet. With mining and such I intend to rely on existing 3rd-party mods

As mentioned in the description, Ambient Slaves is intended to just be a platform for other mods. I will make my own mod that will build on this, but people can just install Ambient slaves and A Perilous Maze and then make their own mods that will utilize the Frostbite Clan network of operations in any way they want.

thats cool i prefer girl on girl though i was only joking about the whole wanking and sucking thing just thought it be a funny awkward situation

Looks great, really like Slave girls by hydragorgon but is abandoned, looking forward to this! Are you planing to add unique characters like in slave girls each town has some unique characters with their story. I also like all these characters walking between cities and town in slave girls. 

Keep up the good work!

16 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

Looks great, really like Slave girls by hydragorgon but is abandoned, looking forward to this! Are you planing to add unique characters like in slave girls each town has some unique characters with their story. I also like all these characters walking between cities and town in slave girls. 

Keep up the good work!

Thanks. As for unique characters, there are three not very developed ones already, in the Maze. There will be many more, but most of them will probably come with the third mod, which will build on top of this mod. For further details, please refer to posts above, in this thread, and/or the file description.

probably a common question, but will there be a LE port at some point? And how quickly do you expect the Story part of the Mod release? I'm not trying to rush you or anything! i'm just being curious.

And will the story change half way through like the hydragorgon  mod where the PC turns into a slaver? or will the PC continue to be enslaved. 

5 hours ago, Doobydoob said:

probably a common question, but will there be a LE port at some point? And how quickly do you expect the Story part of the Mod release? I'm not trying to rush you or anything! i'm just being curious.

And will the story change half way through like the hydragorgon  mod where the PC turns into a slaver? or will the PC continue to be enslaved. 

As for LE, I do not intend to port (as I do not know how, and I also think my time is better spent making more content), but any volunteer is welcome to. At the moment, the mod will probably work in LE more less, but I haven§t tested it. I have been told that its requirement, A Perilous Maze does indeed work, though with some quirks.
It's difficult to give an estimate on the timeline, as several things factor in. One being that I am almost broke thanks to the idiotic measures our government is taking against, or rather in support of C19, so I will take any work at this point, what will probably slow down development significantly.
I suppose I could start a crowdfunding effort, but I highly doubt there are enough people willing to donate so I could make this my main occupation. I sort of put the question in out there in the description of the Maze mod, and so far, no one has reacted.
Right now, I am working on a second stage of the Maze. When that's done, I will make more content for this mod, more outposts, some quarries and mines and such. That will probably take quite a lot of time, as I want to make quite a few, so probably until mid-summer. Only then, will I start working on the storyline. There are things I will have to learn in order to make it work properly, so I'd say the soonest you can realistically expect to have that in some shape or form would be at the end of the year. It would really help if I had some female voice actors at my disposal to do the voiceovers for that, as there will be tons of lines and work with xVAsynth is extremely slow, and the results, though better than silence, aren't exactly perfect. Or at least someone experienced, who would do this for me. It takes roughly two hours to produce a single sentence.
As for the twists and turns in the story and the option of the PC becoming a slaver, I have quite a few things in mind, don't want to spoil it, but there are some hints in my posts here and there. It will depend where and how you will insert yourself in the quest framework. From some entry points you will never be able to join the slavers, from others, you will.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:27 AM, gargamel9 said:

Nope, sorry, the only way I can do this is to follow my own fantasies, otherwise it stops being fun. Though I'm as straight as they come, or maybe exactly because of that, I just hate having to look at other guys' junk, so that's why it's just girl-on-girl action everywhere. Other than that, the planned brothels may come somewhat close to PH (though I've never played it), but those will be establishments where the clan will sell their slaves' bodies to clients to have fun with them, for profit and also to break the slaves and make them more obedient.
Anyone is welcome to make modifications to my mods to better adapt them to their own fantasies, provided it doesn't involve children.

Ah, fair enough. I was curious because it  looked like it easily could, since PH is all about slavery anyway- just from the other end of the rope, so to speak. 

15 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

As for LE, I do not intend to port (as I do not know how, and I also think my time is better spent making more content), but any volunteer is welcome to. At the moment, the mod will probably work in LE more less, but I haven§t tested it. I have been told that its requirement, A Perilous Maze does indeed work, though with some quirks.
It's difficult to give an estimate on the timeline, as several things factor in. One being that I am almost broke thanks to the idiotic measures our government is taking against, or rather in support of C19, so I will take any work at this point, what will probably slow down development significantly.
I suppose I could start a crowdfunding effort, but I highly doubt there are enough people willing to donate so I could make this my main occupation. I sort of put the question in out there in the description of the Maze mod, and so far, no one has reacted.
Right now, I am working on a second stage of the Maze. When that's done, I will make more content for this mod, more outposts, some quarries and mines and such. That will probably take quite a lot of time, as I want to make quite a few, so probably until mid-summer. Only then, will I start working on the storyline. There are things I will have to learn in order to make it work properly, so I'd say the soonest you can realistically expect to have that in some shape or form would be at the end of the year. It would really help if I had some female voice actors at my disposal to do the voiceovers for that, as there will be tons of lines and work with xVAsynth is extremely slow, and the results, though better than silence, aren't exactly perfect. Or at least someone experienced, who would do this for me. It takes roughly two hours to produce a single sentence.
As for the twists and turns in the story and the option of the PC becoming a slaver, I have quite a few things in mind, don't want to spoil it, but there are some hints in my posts here and there. It will depend where and how you will insert yourself in the quest framework. From some entry points you will never be able to join the slavers, from others, you will.

Regarding what you said about Reactions, And i don't mean to drill the idea of an LE port into your head, im just trying to help in small amounts. I think not having the port to LE limits people who take an interest into the mod because they can't play it. What i'm exactly trying to say is I think more people use LE or SE from the fact there is 900 SE mods compared to the 3,000 LE has on its page. 

But either way I look forward to the progression of your Mod, I'm excited to try it out! and I wish you good Luck!

7 hours ago, Doobydoob said:

not having the port to LE limits people

The thing is that (apart from it not being fun at all) I don't have the slightest idea how to go about a port.
The reason why I chose SE, rather than LE is because I want the thing to run in VR (which is SE in essence. Most LE mods will not run in VR, while almost all SE ones will), which is the only reason I came back to Skyrim in the first place. As niche as it is, the experience in VR is worlds apart from a monitor one, provided a mod takes into account the limitations of VR, most importantly the fact that you can't really limit the movement of the player. I understand if this doesn't appeal to most people and that I probably would be able to get some donors if I developed the mod for LE in the first place, but then I would lose purpose and would be doing it only for the money, which isn't the way I want to go. I will make the mods as proposed regardless of whether or not people will support me, only it will take probably quite a bit longer in the latter case, which is a factual answer to the question about my estimate when the quest mod will be up. If I could afford to do just this, it would probably be fairly soon. Times are really getting tough, though. I'm lucky to have the headset, I wouldn't be able to afford it now, and there would be no mods at all without it... But maybe someone with experience can port my mods? Or at least explain to me, how it's done? If it isn't too much of a hassle, I might consider it.