5 hours ago, Hpl55 said:

Thanks for this.

any option to turn off synth voice please? Its soo uh immersion-breaking

Removing the voice files would probably work, in Data\Sound\Voice\Ambient Slaves SE.esp\... don't remove the folders, though. You may need to unfuz the .fuz files and leave the resulting .lip files, for fuz-do-roh to work. For that, you'll need the unfuzer: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9797/

Got some more questions.

-is it possible the whiterun building clashes with the home of wartimes LL mod?

-is there a clever way for me to customize the slaves to be all haired instead of of shaved heads?

i suppose they are generic respawns like the ones from the hydra mod?

Edited by Hpl55
28 minutes ago, Hpl55 said:

Got some more questions.

-is it possible the whiterun building clashes with the home of wartimes LL mod?

-is there a clever way for me to customize the slaves to be all haired instead of of shaved heads?

i suppose they are generic respawns like the ones from the hydra mod?

1) it is in fact clashing, yes. Gregaaz is planning on making a compatibility patch for that in future, but no timeline was set
2) Most of the AS slaves are unique, each with a different face, about 15% have multiple instances. The only way I know of to make them hairy ;), is to open the cell in CK, double-click them one-by one, and access their Actor window, in which you can select a hair preset. Since all AS slaves are named in sequence, there might be another way how to accomplish this in a batch, but that goes beyond my knowledge. However, be warned – later on, the fact that they are all shaven will be incorporated into lore, with several good reasons for that, so at some point, if you let them have hair, this could clash with the story, but that's probably still years away, so knock yourself out.
I'd recommend making the hair edit as a separate .esp so that it can be applied on later versions without having to redo all the work. Feel free to share, I know there are many others who would love to see this.

I see, probably a highnpoly npc patch would be the most clever thing but also beyond me. Still will see about what i can come up with.

ive to see if the clash with WT is just aesthetic. As long as it doesnt lead to crashes or stutter i can live with a lot of clipping and console commands

1 hour ago, Hpl55 said:

I see, probably a highnpoly npc patch would be the most clever thing but also beyond me. Still will see about what i can come up with.

ive to see if the clash with WT is just aesthetic. As long as it doesnt lead to crashes or stutter i can live with a lot of clipping and console commands

I don't know about high-poly, but setting a hair preset for an NPC is really simple. It's just that there are very many of them... roughly 300.

14 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

1) it is in fact clashing, yes. Gregaaz is planning on making a compatibility patch for that in future, but no timeline was set

Just to build on this answer, I have a general idea for a mod called "Whiterun Old Tannery District" that would add a new district to Whiterun that would house (dynamically via ESPFE add-on plugins - in the absence of a plugin there would just be a run down, abandoned building on that particular site) all the various NSFW locations for Whiterun, since so many of them occupy that high-usage area that AS uses and the space on the opposite side of the road. Tentatively, I'd be looking at support for:

• Ambient Slaves
  • Meat Farm
  • Whiterun Brothel
  • Laura's Bondage Shop
  • Cannabis Skyrim
  • Bardal's Company (if the mod resumes development in the future - otherwise this would probably just be a minimalist patch for legacy users only)
  • Wartimes
  • Other stuff? TBD

But this is still kind of in the early planning stages, so I can't make any promises about a timeline. It is to some extent dependent on how Whiterun: City of Walls 2.0 progresses, since I don't want it to be incompatible with that mod.

Edited by gregaaz
14 hours ago, Hpl55 said:

I'm not really experienced with SPID, but you might be able to put something together that distributes KS Hair or other wigs to AS slaves dynamically, allowing you to give them hair without having to do a lot of CK work and facegen regeneration. However, again, I know very little about how to set up new SPID behaviors so you might want to consult a more experienced user on that one.

Can you please tell me how you got npcs to sit in the small gibbets? They've been giving me serious hell.

I've tried like 20 small adjustments and I can only get my girl to either walk up against the gibbet, pose floating halfway into it, or not acknowledge it at all.

1 hour ago, Hpl55 said:

Hm, in whiterun area getting heavy stutter and stuck npcs from this mod.

Is it save to remove during game?

maybe a stripped down version of the cages and just 1-2 slaves in em would be cool given this isnt a script mod but „ambient“ 

There must be something else going on. I never had any stutter there, even on my laptop. Removing the mod never gave me any issues, but no guarantees.

Hi folks, if you were following my cleanup blog you'll know that I ran into some collision mesh issues relating to the expanded north pier on Windhelm. I've gone ahead and heavily revised that area to add a wooden boardwalk and stairs to help NPCs avoid getting stuck on the geometry. I also updated the nav meshes to help funnel NPCs more effectively into the walkable area. You can see a walkthrough of the whole Windhelm Docks area in the video below. Please note that the Dwemer machinery is not part of AS (it is from Windhelm Industrialized), nor is the barrel, lantern, and fishing rods on the northern pier (those are from Argonian Hatchlings which has been deleted from the Nexus).

Since @gargamel9 is away on personal business right now, I've gone ahead and uploaded the edited files below. Please consider them an unofficial update to the mod for now, as Gargamel may want to make further edits. I have also posted updated versions of the XPO and 3DNPC compatibility patches, along with a new compatibility patch for Better Dynamic Snow that should ensure consistent snow textures on the north pier.

Ambient Slaves SE.esp AS-3DNPC Compatibility Patch.esp AS-BDS Compatibility Patch.esp AS-XPO Compatibility Patch.esp

On 12/17/2021 at 10:04 AM, Hpl55 said:

Ok maybe its whiterun market.  Damn a little patch to move it few meters away from wartimes would help a lot.

i think i would have to do it in ck if i try to?

The CK would be the way to go for a change like that because of its GUI. Basically you'd want to select the whole building and its associated markers and stuff then move it; afterwards you would need to update the navmesh and landscape as well. Once all that's done, you'll want to clean it up in xEdit as you're likely to get wild edits and navmesh edge linkage issues - at a minimum.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 4:34 AM, gregaaz said:

Just to build on this answer, I have a general idea for a mod called "Whiterun Old Tannery District" that would add a new district to Whiterun that would house (dynamically via ESPFE add-on plugins - in the absence of a plugin there would just be a run down, abandoned building on that particular site) all the various NSFW locations for Whiterun, since so many of them occupy that high-usage area that AS uses and the space on the opposite side of the road. Tentatively, I'd be looking at support for:

• Ambient Slaves
  • Meat Farm
  • Whiterun Brothel
  • Laura's Bondage Shop
  • Cannabis Skyrim
  • Bardal's Company (if the mod resumes development in the future - otherwise this would probably just be a minimalist patch for legacy users only)
  • Wartimes
  • Other stuff? TBD

But this is still kind of in the early planning stages, so I can't make any promises about a timeline. It is to some extent dependent on how Whiterun: City of Walls 2.0 progresses, since I don't want it to be incompatible with that mod.

Maybe an underground district to minimize compatibility and crowding issues? If so, all that is needed are essentially just a door somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the recent update and the possible quest you spoke of building, the old mod Captured Dreams had a rather cool feature wherein the master's shop expanded over time. What started as a hut became a full manor by the "end". None of the other slave/device shops really did that. Laura's Bondage and the Dollmaker were static locations, and Slaverun largely just changed NPC outfits. Having a group whose base you can help grow (even if they later betray you) would be cool to see again.

3 hours ago, Void Stack said:

Regarding the recent update and the possible quest you spoke of building, the old mod Captured Dreams had a rather cool feature wherein the master's shop expanded over time. What started as a hut became a full manor by the "end". None of the other slave/device shops really did that. Laura's Bondage and the Dollmaker were static locations, and Slaverun largely just changed NPC outfits. Having a group whose base you can help grow (even if they later betray you) would be cool to see again.

I agree, though that wasn't necessarily what I had in mind. I just thought there would have to be animosity between the orcs and the Frostbite Clan, as orcs are prime merchandise for the clan, in terms of heavy-duty slaves. Having to watch them toil right next door would be provoking. The clan obviously would want to get rid of that nuisance, but as they would probably prefer all the other orcs in Skyrim not to home in on them, so they would want to make it look like they were not involved in the sudden eviction of their neighbors.
Other than that, expanding a base should be fairly simple, and looks to me like a fine idea, but in terms of priority, it's still far behind most of the stuff I mentioned in this thread and elsewhere. Time is very limited, unfortunately.

16 hours ago, SSLan111 said:

I suppose this would be a longshot, but would Open Cities ever be a compatibility patch offered with this? 

That only depends whether gregaaz maybe one day decides to do that. I know I won't. Besides, it would probably be a wasted effort, as there will still be quite a few updates, although over a very long period. In any case gregaaz posted a very informative guide on how to make such a patch, so if you're up to it, you can make one yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, zaira said:

Cool mod, if you have a ZAZ dependency already, why not putting the NPCs to the ZAZ factions? If they where in these factions (master, slaver, slave) I (MariaEden) could interact with them...

Interesting suggestion. Until now, I was only using ZAZ for its assets, focusing on my own work, as I know next to nothing about how ZAZ works. But this seems simple enough. Could you point me to some concise documentation on what the faction names are how exactly they affect the behavior of member NPCs... what other handles there are? I want to drop another small update this weekend and if this can be integrated quickly, I might do it right away. Thanks!

21 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

Could you point me to some concise documentation

• zbfFactionSlave - obviously for slaves - MariaEden prohibits several standard dialogs with slaves - like offering sex to them while player plays the whore role.
  • zbfFactionPlayerMaster - master of the player - MariaEden triggers several humiliating slave tasks if the player is in the same location than his master
  • zbfFactionMaster - NPC master - MariaEden prohibits several standard dialogs with masters, local masters (same town than the auction house) will be automatically invited in slave auctions
  • zbfFactionSlaver - slave trader - MariaEden prohibits several standard dialogs with slave traders, the slave trader with the LocationRefType Boss will be treated as major slave trader with special dialogs
  • There are caravan factions in vanilla Skyrim - I plan to integrate them into several quests - especially if they are in zbfFactionSlaver or zbfFactionMaster as well

MariaEden Brothels will automatically invite citizens of the local city - without slave faction it could happen that slaves are visiting the brothels...

MariaEden Slave Schools will automatically invite citizens of the local city - without slave faction it could happen that slaves are visiting the schools...

NPCs are automatically invited as customers for player and NPC whores - without slave faction it could happen that a slave asks a whore for service.

Since MariaEden has a focus on player prostitution and slavery I will likely try to let the player join one of your caravans (as slave) or let him being sold by one of your traders.

And MariaEden has an Outfit Manager who can automatically equip NPCs with user defined restraints, weapons and outfits based on their factions.

Edited by zaira
1 hour ago, zaira said:
  • zbfFactionSlave - obviously for slaves - MariaEden prohibits several standard dialogs with slaves - like offering sex to them while player plays the whore role.
  • zbfFactionPlayerMaster - master of the player - MariaEden triggers several humiliating slave tasks if the player is in the same location than his master
  • zbfFactionMaster - NPC master - MariaEden prohibits several standard dialogs with masters, local masters (same town than the auction house) will be automatically invited in slave auctions
  • zbfFactionSlaver - slave trader - MariaEden prohibits several standard dialogs with slave traders, the slave trader with the LocationRefType Boss will be treated as major slave trader with special dialogs
  • There are caravan factions in vanilla Skyrim - I plan to integrate them into several quests - especially if they are in zbfFactionSlaver or zbfFactionMaster as well

MariaEden Brothels will automatically invite citizens of the local city - without slave faction it could happen that slaves are visiting the brothels...

MariaEden Slave Schools will automatically invite citizens of the local city - without slave faction it could happen that slaves are visiting the schools...

NPCs are automatically invited as customers for player and NPC whores - without slave faction it could happen that a slave asks a whore for service.

Since MariaEden has a focus on player prostitution and slavery I will likely try to let the player join one of your caravans (as slave) or let him being sold by one of your traders.

And MariaEden has an Outfit Manager who can automatically equip NPCs with user defined restraints, weapons and outfits based on their factions.

In the meantime, I identified those factions, but I didn't any documentation on any handles from ZAZ. I think most of the issues described here shouldn't occur, as the slaves either have no sandboxing, or, if they do, it's inside a cage or cell, what should prevent unintended interactions with other NPCs. Most of them are gagged, too. I also realized that the change wouldn't be very simple, after all, as the slaves aren't leveled actors, but rather individuals, usually with 1-2 instances, so I'd have to change them one-by-one, and by now, there are about 300 of them.
Is there any particular situation in which you find my slaves misbehaving, in terms of interaction with other mods?
Thanks for the info!  

21 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

so I'd have to change them one-by-one, and by now, there are about 300 of them.

I don't think you would assign these to your slave NPC's but rather assign to the slave masters or traders (which I assume you have less of?). This could then trigger certain responses towards your PC (depending if they were in slavefaction or not). So, for example in Maria Eden, if your PC is in slave faction and you assign zbffactionslaver to your slavers/traders then it would trigger different dialogues (by those mods utilising them) without any real effect to your mod. 

My personal view/like/scenario would be where your mod could use zbfFactionSlave to identify your PC being a slave and hence provide 'accommodation' for your PC whilst something like Maria Eden could 'kick in' and use it's slave/transit caravan feature (if that still exists) to then buy your PC and take it out of your mod hands into its. 

Or to expand on that you could do a 'simple slavery' type activity to sell PC on to other mods (submissive Lola, Devious enslaved, Wolfclub, SoT, ME etc..) after your mod is done with PC itself. I know you wanted to introduce mining etc... which would be great.

12 hours ago, jc321 said:

I don't think you would assign these to your slave NPC's but rather assign to the slave masters or traders (which I assume you have less of?). This could then trigger certain responses towards your PC (depending if they were in slavefaction or not). So, for example in Maria Eden, if your PC is in slave faction and you assign zbffactionslaver to your slavers/traders then it would trigger different dialogues (by those mods utilising them) without any real effect to your mod. 

My personal view/like/scenario would be where your mod could use zbfFactionSlave to identify your PC being a slave and hence provide 'accommodation' for your PC whilst something like Maria Eden could 'kick in' and use it's slave/transit caravan feature (if that still exists) to then buy your PC and take it out of your mod hands into its. 

Or to expand on that you could do a 'simple slavery' type activity to sell PC on to other mods (submissive Lola, Devious enslaved, Wolfclub, SoT, ME etc..) after your mod is done with PC itself. I know you wanted to introduce mining etc... which would be great.

It is true that there are much fewer slavers in AS than slaves, but they aren't really set up to do any kind of interaction with the PC. They merely watch over their own slaves and if they were to regard the PC as a slave of their own, they would have to put her (as they only enslave females) in one of their pens or facilities, which, I assume, wouldn't be the case with ZAZ. I mean, how could it possibly be? Thus such an interaction, in my understanding would reduce immersion, rather to enhance it. Also, without knowing what the actual dialogue options and other events that go with the faction are, I feel dubious about implementing it. But hey, AS is a framework, so anyone can make a simple addon that will add my characters to any faction.
As for simple slavery, though it is not implemented in AS, A Perilous Maze, which is a standalone addon for AS, actually does have a Simple Slavery ++ outcome.
As soon as I am done with the caravans and populating the Frostbite Clan Settlement, I am about to start a new mod that will let the PC be a slave of the FC in said quarry. Or maybe I will finish the other enslavement mod I am working on, first. That depends on the current mood. Soon after that, I'll add another mod which will let the player be sold by the FC to other mods or yet another mod of my own, Eola, who will buy the PC and slave her hard.
Ambient Slaves, however is always intended to be completely non-interactive, precisely for the purpose that other mods can take advantage of its assets, without the interference of any quests or mechanics.
Not sure if I put this concisely, I am quite tired, at the time I a m writing this, but I think you probably get the general idea.
So, feel free to add those factions to my NPCs and share the mod (should be easy enough, and you see to know your way around). I fully endorse it, but I probably won't implement this on my ow, at this point. I do consent to and endorse you sharing such an addon on your own.
Thank you very much for your feedback! It gave me some interesting food for thought.