11 hours ago, sweforce said:

A possibility is of course if others make their own factions and make it compatible with this mod. This would of course include lore compatibility since it would be wierd with two different factions behave as they do because the "law" say so. Playing Morrowind I noticed that slaves typically wore a magica draining bracelet but I have no memory of seeing one on the girl I had to purchace as a trophy bride for a Ashlander chieftain. Apperantly those bracelets where just common, not legally required.

As so, lore compatibility would be to follow the rules of this mod whatever that would be. Hypothetically if the law require a tattooed number in the neck pointing to a registry somewhere then those without that tattoo are enslaved illegally. And there could then be fake numbers. I am not saying there should be a neck tattoo system but whatever this mod describes as how things works others that develop their own mods to go with this should follow. It be immersion breaking otherwise.

At the moment, apart from the comments here, there is very little lore actually revealed in the mod, so I suppose people don't really have to pay any attention to it. I'm definitely not going to try and make anyone adhere to it. If what they do is good, people will use it. If I don't like the direction they take, there is nothing forcing me to take them into account.
My primary motivation is very selfish – to fulfill my own fantasies. I publish the stuff mostly because feedback motivates me, and helps me achieve better results, and I also want to give something back to the community, as a thanks for all the wonderful mods I've downloaded here. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
In case you wonder, next on the agenda, is implementing a little bit of a backstory and a quest starter in A Perilous Maze (to make it more less finished, so I can fully focus my attention on Ambient SLaves), and then it's on to quarries and mines in AS, whereafter I will start another mod that will hopefully allow the enslavement of the PC and making the PC work hard in said quarries and mines.
But, unfortunately, I still don't see an end to the work I have to do IRL right now, so who knows when that will be. I wish I had a studio of developers at my command :D  (maybe some enslaved developers :D) .

14 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

At the moment, apart from the comments here, there is very little lore actually revealed in the mod, so I suppose people don't really have to pay any attention to it. I'm definitely not going to try and make anyone adhere to it. If what they do is good, people will use it. If I don't like the direction they take, there is nothing forcing me to take them into account.
My primary motivation is very selfish – to fulfill my own fantasies. I publish the stuff mostly because feedback motivates me, and helps me achieve better results, and I also want to give something back to the community, as a thanks for all the wonderful mods I've downloaded here. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
In case you wonder, next on the agenda, is implementing a little bit of a backstory and a quest starter in A Perilous Maze (to make it more less finished, so I can fully focus my attention on Ambient SLaves), and then it's on to quarries and mines in AS, whereafter I will start another mod that will hopefully allow the enslavement of the PC and making the PC work hard in said quarries and mines.
But, unfortunately, I still don't see an end to the work I have to do IRL right now, so who knows when that will be. I wish I had a studio of developers at my command :D  (maybe some enslaved developers :D) .

No slave breaking +branding scene? You see seem to be setting that up this various Frostbite slave pens.

As suggestion that I gather isn't to hard, set it up so the Frostbites can buy captives from mods like Defeat. That would make the slavers more a part of the world.

5 hours ago, RJLbwb said:

No slave breaking +branding scene? You see seem to be setting that up this various Frostbite slave pens.

As suggestion that I gather isn't to hard, set it up so the Frostbites can buy captives from mods like Defeat. That would make the slavers more a part of the world.

Well, I don't know how to do that yet. In any case, that would be something to be included in a secondary mod. I would definitely like to include branding, but I'll probably focus on the mechanics of capture, transfer and slave work, first, as I do already have a rough idea how to achieve that. When it comes to animations, I know very little. To make things even more complicated, I'll need such scenes to also work in VR, so I'm leaving that till I am more experienced.
I do plan on integrating with SS++, if it's possible, but I'll probably make an auction of my own, eventually. Defeat will not be supported, as I can't even get it to run reliably in VR, or in SE for that matter. You can already get captured by the FC if you complete the A Perilous Maze mod, but, for now, it only sends you to SS++.
Plans and ideas are one thing, time and resources another. I wish I could expand time. But I'm not giving up just yet. But you'll have to be very patient.

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 6:05 PM, gargamel9 said:

It probably will work as is. A Perilous Maze does reportedly work, though with some minor issues, so it might be worth a try. Anyone up to the job of porting this is welcome to do so, and to publish under their own profile, as long as I am credited.

Im trying to use it in oldrim and it crashes on launch

I understand that the involved npc's are barely interactive right now essentially just having a greeting phrase. Now if they cannot sell any of their merchandise they could perhaps if this is inquired upon just say that all their stock is sold and awaiting delivery. Still since people's interest are peaked it could be nice if there where at least one place where purchases could be done. From a gameplay perspective all it takes is a handful of slaves that the player can talk to in order to asses their abilities, then purchase them from a slaver npc. In function it could be a shop with "writs of ownership" documents to purchase and then show the choosen slave to get them to join the player as a follower. This is how it was done in a mod for Morrowind with a trader in Suran. There may even be a mod out there that do this that can be a companion mod to this.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:52 PM, sweforce said:

I understand that the involved npc's are barely interactive right now essentially just having a greeting phrase. Now if they cannot sell any of their merchandise they could perhaps if this is inquired upon just say that all their stock is sold and awaiting delivery. Still since people's interest are peaked it could be nice if there where at least one place where purchases could be done. From a gameplay perspective all it takes is a handful of slaves that the player can talk to in order to asses their abilities, then purchase them from a slaver npc. In function it could be a shop with "writs of ownership" documents to purchase and then show the choosen slave to get them to join the player as a follower. This is how it was done in a mod for Morrowind with a trader in Suran. There may even be a mod out there that do this that can be a companion mod to this.

Yes, yes, I, too have many plans I hope to realize with regards to this, introducing default dialogues etc. But it will all come one thing at a time, at a pace indirectly proportional to the amount of work I need to do IRL. At the moment, I have a finished script for a quest-giver along with synth voiceovers, so it's CK work from here on and that is currently not very compatible with my schedule. But feel free to introduce your own features on top of my rudimentary framework. Though it doesn't look like much, APM and AS took hundreds, probably over a thousand, hours to make (seventy percent of which is desperate searching of the web). Thanks for the feedback!

On 6/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, DanteGreenwood said:

Im trying to use it in oldrim and it crashes on launch

Sorry. Unfortunately, there is barely enough time to make the things for one platform. Besides porting really doesn't sound like fun work to me at all. So, if you consider my work worthy, maybe consider recommending it to someone else to port. I do have and love Oldrim, too, so I feel you. But since my focus is on VR, I have to use the SE CK.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the atmospheric touches this mod brings to the game. I noticed two issues though:

- While the NPCs are wearing wrist irons when checking in Creation Kit, the wrist irons don't show up in-game (collar and ankle irons do). Conflict with another mod maybe?

- Suddenly all slaves are wearing paddles or other punishment instruments. They were not there in the beginning. Might have been added by another installed mod in the meantime. Any way to find out why they show up?

See screenshots and mod/load list below:

Spoiler

amb1.jpg.6a7f16a5fdf9e46de268c538a98fc2f4.jpg

amb2.jpg.90d00cc2e58753251d4e8b972c12e724.jpg

amb3.jpg.b9af1ec6f0609abd19a285481b230c57.jpg

On 7/13/2021 at 8:51 AM, Gudulba said:

Loving the atmospheric touches this mod brings to the game. I noticed two issues though:

- While the NPCs are wearing wrist irons when checking in Creation Kit, the wrist irons don't show up in-game (collar and ankle irons do). Conflict with another mod maybe?

- Suddenly all slaves are wearing paddles or other punishment instruments. They were not there in the beginning. Might have been added by another installed mod in the meantime. Any way to find out why they show up?

See screenshots and mod/load list below:

Hide contents

amb1.jpg.6a7f16a5fdf9e46de268c538a98fc2f4.jpg

amb2.jpg.90d00cc2e58753251d4e8b972c12e724.jpg

amb3.jpg.b9af1ec6f0609abd19a285481b230c57.jpg

Sorry, I haven't encountered any of the mentioned issues, nor has anyone reported these to me, until now, so I think it's likely some of the other mods. I don't even know most of them. As a rule, I try to keep the number of mods below 50. I'm quite green myself, so I can't really give any good advice on load orders besides beginner stuff.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:22 PM, gargamel9 said:

Sorry. Unfortunately, there is barely enough time to make the things for one platform. Besides porting really doesn't sound like fun work to me at all. So, if you consider my work worthy, maybe consider recommending it to someone else to port. I do have and love Oldrim, too, so I feel you. But since my focus is on VR, I have to use the SE CK.

I understand, no one is paying you for this Im afraid. But keep up the good work

On 7/16/2021 at 8:53 PM, Mr. Otaku said:

This looks really good so i'll definitely be keeping an eye on it for now. Though i think the slaves should all have hair instead of shaved heads.

Thanks. I'm sorry I haven't been supplying any updates recently. One is in the works for APM, almost finished, but lately I can't seem to get a break long enough to make any meaningful progress. I hope in winter this will get a little better.
As for the shaved heads, this has a lore reason, explained either in this thread or in that of APM. It should be very easy and safe, however, for anyone who wishes so, to make an addon to change this. I'll even link to it in the description. But I do not plan on doing it myself.

59 minutes ago, gargamel9 said:

Thanks. I'm sorry I haven't been supplying any updates recently. One is in the works for APM, almost finished, but lately I can't seem to get a break long enough to make any meaningful progress. I hope in winter this will get a little better.
As for the shaved heads, this has a lore reason, explained either in this thread or in that of APM. It should be very easy and safe, however, for anyone who wishes so, to make an addon to change this. I'll even link to it in the description. But I do not plan on doing it myself.

That's good enough for me, take your time with it and do it at your own pace.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can see PAHE has the most expanded system of what you can do with slaves so I was really hoping this would tie in with PAHE as far as buying and selling slaves is concerned.

Would hate to have two competing slave systems in a game that would work differently.

It really depends on what you want to do with this mod. At the moment it seems a bit unclear. Hope you have to to do more with this soon.

1 hour ago, Tekumze said:

From what I can see PAHE has the most expanded system of what you can do with slaves so I was really hoping this would tie in with PAHE as far as buying and selling slaves is concerned.

Would hate to have two competing slave systems in a game that would work differently.

It really depends on what you want to do with this mod. At the moment it seems a bit unclear. Hope you have to to do more with this soon.

Sorry, PAHE is going in a completely different direction than what I have in mind. If it weren't, I could spare myself the effort of developing AS. Since it is tedious enough to make this mod without having to accommodate other peoples' mods (with the exception of those I use myself), I am not going to do it. Besides, I'm a beginner, so I doubt I would even be able to do that effectively. I have far less time than I'd like to make progress on AS, so adding more work to what I have planned would basically kill the project.
My focus and motivation is to make a mod which will suit my particular wants, as I do not see any such mod out there, with a focus on VR. I hope to one day have a system which will really make you slave hard, not just with your mouse, but with your muscles. But that will come with further mods which will come on top of AS.
I will try and keep AS as clean as possible, i.e. only static assets and non-quest NPCs, with as few scripts as possible, so that other people can take that and do whatever they want with it. Hundreds of hours went into it already, so that is some work I can spare others. But that is also the extent of it. I follow my own goals, otherwise it wouldn't be fun. The sharing of my work to others is just a bonus. I hope you'll still enjoy this. Maybe at some point this will become a preferable option over PAHE. By the way, the thing with PAHE also is that its main focus, as far as I know, is on the PC and other NPCs owning slaves. My mod's main focus is on the PC being one of the slaves. So it's not really competing.

1 hour ago, gargamel9 said:

Sorry, PAHE is going in a completely different direction than what I have in mind.
By the way, the thing with PAHE also is that its main focus, as far as I know, is on the PC and other NPCs owning slaves. My mod's main focus is on the PC being one of the slaves. So it's not really competing.

I completely understand. Especially once you wrote the last part. Initially I thought it was a similar (same) direction that's why I linked it to PAHE.

I might use it for a different play-though once the mod is complete. Good luck with finding time (and motivation) to finish it. I know how hard it can be.

1 hour ago, Tekumze said:

I completely understand. Especially once you wrote the last part. Initially I thought it was a similar (same) direction that's why I linked it to PAHE.

I might use it for a different play-though once the mod is complete. Good luck with finding time (and motivation) to finish it. I know how hard it can be.

Thanks! Appreciated. Motivation definitely isn't the problem. Only time and my struggles with scripting.

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

any updates on this mod at all ?

I love how it's set up and how it looks. it has so much potential here, especially as a possible replacement for DFW (Devious Framework), if it kind of goes that way. or even if it could tie in somehow with DFW, it would be perfect to be honest.

Hey, thanks for the praise. Connections to DFW are not planned. First, I want to go in a slightly different direction, secondly, I'm not as advanced to even comprehend the code in DFW, to be able to tie in. But I do have a plan for how I will achieve what I have in mind, i.e. a full enslavement experience, but with more primitive means which I can understand (in particular not using the various leashes, like ZAZ, which always bug out in VR). I already know how to do most of the stuff, the only issue being time.
Those enslavement mods, however, will all be addons to AS. AS will only always be about the statics and blank NPCs which will then be used by my mod, or possibly by other peoples' mods, if they choose to build on it.

An update is coming, but still far away. Right now I am working on another mod that will create an enslavement event to send the slave to Simple Slavery, or alternatively to a new AS addon mod, which will be a quarry/mine slave mod, which will come right after I add a few mines and quarries into AS. How long this is going to take is entirely dependent on how things go IRL. Currently, I have very little time to spare, so progress is slow.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried hydragorgon slaves with this? I wouldn't mind a few extra cages and slaves walking around?
Not to mention had any conflicts with other mods?

Well done on the mod. It looks great 

Edited by Tayte
13 hours ago, Tayte said:

Has anyone tried hydragorgon slaves with this? I wouldn't mind a few extra cages and slaves walking around?
Not to mention had any conflicts with other mods?

Well done on the mod. It looks great 

I use both in my gameplay, works nicely, and haven't seen any issues

• 2 weeks later...

ah unfortunately it seems either prison overhaul or deviously cursed loot break this mod. It adds new buildings and I presume that's the issue with the navmeshes. Either that or another mod i'm not aware of. In any scenario i get a CTD upon start up of loading a save or new game. I even tried an older version of ambient slave and also with perilous maze, but it seems it just not meant to be. Even perilous maze without ambient slaves does not appear to wanna work for me.

It could also be its the case of what other people say about having the newest version of devious devices installed or something. As I do in fact have devious devices 5.1, as some suggests could be why. 
I unfortunately have no way of testing that to be sure, but it would explain why even perilous maze does not feel like working, because i'm not entirely convinced my mods adds navmeshes in that many places, but I don't know with certainty.

It is a cool mod though. Well done. I wish I could get it to work.

Edited by Tayte
5 hours ago, Tayte said:

ah unfortunately it seems either prison overhaul or deviously cursed loot break this mod. It adds new buildings and I presume that's the issue with the navmeshes. Either that or another mod i'm not aware of. In any scenario i get a CTD upon start up of loading a save or new game. I even tried an older version of ambient slave and also with perilous maze, but it seems it just not meant to be. Even perilous maze without ambient slaves does not appear to wanna work for me.

It could also be its the case of what other people say about having the newest version of devious devices installed or something. As I do in fact have devious devices 5.1, as some suggests could be why. 
I unfortunately have no way of testing that to be sure, but it would explain why even perilous maze does not feel like working, because i'm not entirely convinced my mods adds navmeshes in that many places, but I don't know with certainty.

It is a cool mod though. Well done. I wish I could get it to work.

Hey Tayte,
as a matter of fact, I can confirm that both APM and AS work just fine with POP and DD 5.1, as I've been running them in combination with these for quite some tome now. So the issue must lie elsewhere. I have never run DCL, so possibly that? In any case, I have run into similar issues repeatedly, after adding and removing mods in Vortex, after some time, the game always breaks irrecoverably and making a clean install resolves the issue. I've practiced this so much now that I can get it done in about two hours.
But recently, I've started experimenting with MO2, and though it does have some drawbacks, the game seems to be much more resilient towards these issues now. The profile feature also allows you to easily create an alternate mod combination without some conflicting mods, for you to play a particular mod, while allowing you to use those same mods in another profile, with no issues whatsoever. Vortex possibly has a similar feature, too, but I never figured out how it works (i.e. I wasn't really trying and I never noticed it apart from the query whether you want to delete something for all profiles). In any case, I am getting much better results in terms of stability, overall, with MO2. It does have a bit of a learning curve though. So I'd recommend that. Also, did you try loading a clean save? This would be the first thing to try. Sometimes the mod allows you to use old saves with other mods, sometimes it crashes right away. I have no idea why. I wish I were better at this, but all I can do is give it my best.
And thanks for the praise, much appreciated.

5 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

Hey Tayte,
as a matter of fact, I can confirm that both APM and AS work just fine with POP and DD 5.1, as I've been running them in combination with these for quite some tome now. So the issue must lie elsewhere. I have never run DCL, so possibly that? In any case, I have run into similar issues repeatedly, after adding and removing mods in Vortex, after some time, the game always breaks irrecoverably and making a clean install resolves the issue. I've practiced this so much now that I can get it done in about two hours.
But recently, I've started experimenting with MO2, and though it does have some drawbacks, the game seems to be much more resilient towards these issues now. The profile feature also allows you to easily create an alternate mod combination without some conflicting mods, for you to play a particular mod, while allowing you to use those same mods in another profile, with no issues whatsoever. Vortex possibly has a similar feature, too, but I never figured out how it works (i.e. I wasn't really trying and I never noticed it apart from the query whether you want to delete something for all profiles). In any case, I am getting much better results in terms of stability, overall, with MO2. It does have a bit of a learning curve though. So I'd recommend that. Also, did you try loading a clean save? This would be the first thing to try. Sometimes the mod allows you to use old saves with other mods, sometimes it crashes right away. I have no idea why. I wish I were better at this, but all I can do is give it my best.
And thanks for the praise, much appreciated.

I did try old and new saves with no luck,  but i appreciate the help. I don’t wish to move to another mod manager for a single mod unfortunately. If that is indeed the problem, I will likely never figure it out. 

i’m gonna try disabling a few mods here and there to see if it changes anything, but overall I think it doesn’t wanna cooperate with my game.

I will keep an eye out incase someone else finds a trick up their sleeve as I certainly am interested in it.