So I can't just call to the buildref list ref, but have to create a new list and then populate it with the SCR list?

EDIT: Here's a thought.  Why not just include a copy of the BDSM gag list in my mod altogether under a different name?  Seems redundant I know, but I'm struggling with formlists and this seems like it should be very simple.

Edited by t3589

I mis-interpreted your post, I thought you had tried to call the list directly via BuildRef and it didn't work. Try that first. You can't just re-create the list primarily because other mdos might be adding to it via script. What you probably want to do is wait a few frames to give other mods the chance to add to the list, and then run the loop to copy it in.

I mis-interpreted your post, I thought you had tried to call the list directly via BuildRef and it didn't work. Try that first. You can't just re-create the list primarily because other mdos might be adding to it via script. What you probably want to do is wait a few frames to give other mods the chance to add to the list, and then run the loop to copy it in.

So I can just say?:

1.Set ref to buildref(SCR list)

2.Check against said ref

I haven't tried this yet no.

10-4 on including the list.  I thought that the second I pressed post.

EDIT: Whoops had them reversed.

Edited by t3589

If this has hard dependencies to SCR, I seriously doubt I can merge this into NG if that's desired. You can't have dependencies to mods that MUST load afterwards which is what would happen if merged. In its current state it could be merged into SCR though. What are the exact dependencies to SCR btw? Sexout might be able to absorb functionality if it's fairly innocuous but if it's a pervasive dependency it might be best to look at SCR as I said.

I haven't installed SOSReplacer myself only because I'm waiting for someone to upload a sound pack for it, I just don't have the time to go hunting around and assembling one myself.

Being a single script it's no problem to add it with perhaps a MCM toggle to deactivate, I propose we leave it as an esm/esp for a bit till you've got it sorted a bit more before merging it. Though it's not hard for you to do any changes with an esp patch I can merge in later.

Yeah you've got to be careful of the timing, it can get messy for somethings if a mod add stuff to a formlist after another mod has added the contents of that list to it's own list hence missing stuff.

I haven't installed SOSReplacer myself only because I'm waiting for someone to upload a sound pack for it, I just don't have the time to go hunting around and assembling one myself.

Being a single script it's no problem to add it with perhaps a MCM toggle to deactivate, I propose we leave it as an esm/esp for a bit till you've got it sorted a bit more before merging it. Though it's not hard for you to do any changes with an esp patch I can merge in later.

You've identified a problem.  Let me explain because I should really get your takes on this.

Because the scope of the customizations is so broad (more options), it requires the user to take an active roll in setting things up.

With this system, if a player doesn't 'install' sounds in every voicetype, then they will not get sounds for that voicetype at all.  Now, I can't expect players to install thousands (and it is literally thousands) of redundant sound files in every voice type in order to populate their game with sounds.

I've tried to solve this by adding some MCM settings that allow players to turn off certain voice types (namely male/female/creature).  That way they can use the default NG sound system for those voicetypes and not have to install anything in those voicetypes.

My problem is, beyond those three categorizations, I can't see having an MCM ticker for every voicetype so they can be more selectively dismissed.  I just don't see a way to accomplish this.  It quickly becomes unreasonable when you try to break them up.

That being said, the point of me making this mod for myself was only in the PC customizations.  The rest is literally for modders to utilize.

You bring up sound packs being released.  Which had crossed my mind of course, but this was not an expectation for me while writing this.  Rather, I expected modders to utilize this system for their own story telling mods.  So to me it wasn't a matter of people putting out sound packs, but a matter of modders giving unique voices to their characters.  Which, if they do, the need for sound packs is diminished to PC customizations only.

This system is more of a framework with a huge potential scope.  Yes, it does allow players to customize their own voices, but the real magic of this mod is what can be added to it over time by other mods.  Imagine SOFO adding it's own custom voices to the characters just in that mod?  The player installs SOFO, and bingo they have custom voices for all of those characters without having to customize anything but their own PC voice.

See what I'm getting at?  If you have any suggestions or ideas to improve on that by all means, I'd love to hear them.

Also, to you modders out there.  This mod has the framework of a mini-game built in already.  Which means you can take a couple variables, and literally create mini-games/sex scene challenges/ etc. in your own mods and this will have the PC/NPCs react audibly according to those variables which you can recalculate however you like.  Currently only base reactions based on Charisma and Luck are built in.

The rest is up to you.  You can take those vars and calculate them against Lust arousal for example and it will play the appropriate sounds using arousal as a stimulation factor.  It can be calculated against any mod added attribute or perk.

Hm, yeah, this is always the problem with framework mods - until there are mods that use it, it's a little like a tortoise on its shell, and it gets frustrating to wait around for people to use it. (Had the same with the first clothing eval, until checkmeout.) I went tabula rasa and began a fresh FNV install not so long ago, and the way it's going it'll probably take me until summer to get it just the way I like it. In the meantime, there's no work on sofo, but I'll sure look into using this when that changes.

I think it would still be best if we got some sort of 'basic' pack together though - if only to get people used to the framework, modder & user alike. Not necessarily for every voicetype, just adult/elder male/female can cover a lot of ground if people copy stuff across different folders. That doesn't necessarily have to be all on you; maybe we can have an open project with different people contributing bits, whether they're modders or not. And look into co-opting whatever Lovers has going. (No hentai though.)

Try that first, I'm not 100% certain if it'll work or not. Sometimes the GECK is really picky about what type of reference can be in a function, sometimes it's not.

Kick ass.  Got it to work, direct call to the ref set to buildref index.  Thanks.

@DoctaSax

10-4 on the standard pack.  I've been putting one together for my male npcs by rearranging the in-game voices.  I'll prob put it out there when I get it squared away.  You could virtually get all of your voices from the game itself in some form or another.  Sifting through the heap takes a bit though.  You have to listen to them all just to make sure you didn't miss a good one. lol

Update uploaded.  Moved SCR to optional, required only for gagged voice support.

On another note I just made a super mutant voice pack out of the game voices and wandered over to Jacobstown to test it. lol  This thing is a riot.  I'm going to go ahead and make a voice pack out of the game voices for a default install.  May take me a bit to go through them all.  Super mutants and feral ghouls are done. lol

So expect that sometime in the near future.  The trick will be packaging them so that the download isn't enormous.  Stay tuned.

I seem to be having a problem getting voices to work. I got them to work in the previous iteration, but this time I am not getting any voices during sex, though SFX seem to be working.   Is there something different I should be doing?  I tried pushing all the buttons is there a specific one I should push?

I seem to be having a problem getting voices to work. I got them to work in the previous iteration, but this time I am not getting any voices during sex, though SFX seem to be working.   Is there something different I should be doing?  I tried pushing all the buttons is there a specific one I should push?

Updated instructions are in the OP labeled 'How it works'.  If the soundFX are playing and you aren't touching anything, make sure you do not have custom soundFX disabled in MCM.  Also make sure you have voices installed for your NPCs.  If you do, then you must enable custom voices for NPCs in MCM.  Otherwise it will use the old system.

EDIT:  If you're running the same save game that you were using with the old version, you may want to do a clean save on SOSReplacer.  When I say old version I mean 'SOSReplacer-20130412' and earlier.

Edited by t3589

You could virtually get all of your voices from the game itself in some form or another.  Sifting through the heap takes a bit though.  You have to listen to them all just to make sure you didn't miss a good one. lol

Sounds familiar :P

I've created a basic default female sound pack. I've tested it and it works with "default females" You can add these sounds to NPC followers by placing the files in their sound folders. I plan to create more packs soon, providing t389 doesn't mind. I could be doing this all wrong for all I know. 

Download http://www.filedropper.com/femaleadult01default

Be my guest.

I've created a basic default female sound pack. I've tested it and it works with "default females" You can add these sounds to NPC followers by placing the files in their sound folders. I plan to create more packs soon, providing t389 doesn't mind. I could be doing this all wrong for all I know. 

Download http://www.filedropper.com/femaleadult01default

Be my guest.

Sweet. I'm a little unsure how to make SOS detect an orgasm queue.. Would that be SexoutLust related?

Sweet. I'm a little unsure how to make SOS detect an orgasm queue.. Would that be SexoutLust related?

Simply name the files according to the orgasm voice file list located in SOSResources, then drop them in the voicetype directory you want to apply them to.  No queues.  When the modified voicetype reaches orgasm, they'll play.

EDIT: I should say when/IF the voicetype you applied them to reaches orgasm.  Orgasms aren't etched in stone with this mod.  Sometimes they'll happen on their own, other times you'll have to work at it.  It depends on who the partners are.

Edited by t3589

As of now orgasms are based on how attractive and how lucky you are. ie. Charisma/Luck.  If your partner finds you more attractive, they'll orgasm easier and visa versa.  It's really a base system at this point.  It's meant for modders to tie into so they can manipulate audible reactions to your actions during sex.

Here's a Veronica sound pack http://www.filedropper.com/femaleuniqueveronica Place files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\Voice\SOSReplacer.esp\femaleuniqueveronica 

Using it for Veronica only is entirely optional - I'm just trying to keep things simple at this point.

Hmm I don't want to keep spamming this thread with sound pack links, should I create a new one?

You might if they start adding up.  Something you might want to consider also is that I'm working on default voice packs for all voicetypes right now using the in game sounds.  Something I'm doing for my own game anyway so you might want to save yourself some work if you're just using the game voices.  Not that you aren't welcome to create your own variations.  But these will be available soon.  Working on the female voice pack as we type.  I'm including the lip files also so NPCs will move their mouths when they play voices during sex.

Here's a Veronica sound pack http://www.filedropper.com/femaleuniqueveronica Place files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\Voice\SOSReplacer.esp\femaleuniqueveronica 

Using it for Veronica only is entirely optional - I'm just trying to keep things simple at this point.

Hmm I don't want to keep spamming this thread with sound pack links, should I create a new one?

You might if they start adding up.  Something you might want to consider also is that I'm working on default voice packs for all voicetypes right now using the in game sounds.  Something I'm doing for my own game anyway so you might want to save yourself some work if you're just using the game voices.  Not that you aren't welcome to create your own variations.  But these will be available soon.  Working on the female voice pack as we type.  I'm including the lip files also so NPCs will move their mouths when they play voices during sex.

Nice! I will wait for your voice packs, this was an experiment more than anything :) Looking forward to them.