View File

This project aims to improve custom sound options for Sexout.

Sound/Voice Support (Low/Med/Max):
Forced Oral Voices = 6/9/12
Forced Sex Voices = 9/18/36
Gagged Voices = 6
Gagged Orgasm Voices = 6
Oral Voices = 6/9/12
Orgasm Voices = 6
Sex Intensity 1 Voices = 9/18/36
Sex Intensity 2 Voices = 9/18/36
Sex Intensity 3 Voices = 9/12/24
Oral SoundFX = 12
Sex SoundFX = 12

Requires:
SexoutNG (latest version).
Optional:
SexoutCommonResources (Required for gagged voice support.)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Install the mod and data using FOMM.
2. Disable SexoutNG sounds in MCM.
3. Install custom voices and FX by overwriting files in Data>Sound>fx>SOSr (Optional).
4. Modders can place custom voices in Data>Sound>Voice>SexoutSound.esp><voicetype folder> (See Docs).

Credits:
Big thanks to zippy57 for holding my hand through this.
Also to DoctaSax for input and inspiration.

View File

Definitely sounds very promising.  A couple of questions though:

Does this support individual sound files for different characters or is it a "catch-all" for PC/NPC with all the different variations depending on the situation? If yes, there are some "moan" sound bits from Willows voice actress that are playing during her ftb scene, that could be called. Or would this entail that everyone "moans" with her voice? 

If it were possible to seperate them, I'd do an (optional) update for SOWillow to incorporate this.

Feel free to release your own sound packs for it (just make sure you have permission to distribute the files).  I may over time gather some together that I have permission to distribute.

@Bruce

This is divided by voicetype including uniques.  Which means you can customize per voicetype across the board (almost).  I'm working on adding the modder hooks now so you can fine tune the NPCs in your mods by passing a var to this and it will play the sound files you have installed for them.  If it's a unique voicetype by all means let me know and I'll toss it in the mix.

EDIT: Also this keeps player customizations separate from modder customizations.

Edited by t3589

Cool.

All I would do, is disabling the sound in the script and adding your hook in, so it plays her file, instead of the generic one. Or you could incorporate her voicetype via ismodloaded (if that's possible for voices) or any method you find appropriate and we'd get her "real" voice for any kind of sex, which would be the more elegant way, of course. ;)

I don't think IsModLoaded etc will work with voicetypes; it may well return a formid with GetIsVoiceType but that still won't mean it'll play it because that's called via the topic line window by just determining what voicetype's provided for the npc in the mod or one of its masters.

What could be done for non-vanilla companions with unique voicetypes is add those voicetypes to SCR, maybe, and adjust the willow mod to point to that. Of course you may wanna hold back on that if you expect that some of the functionality may make a move to NG, due to master dependency.

Cool.

All I would do, is disabling the sound in the script and adding your hook in, so it plays her file, instead of the generic one. Or you could incorporate her voicetype via ismodloaded (if that's possible for voices) or any method you find appropriate and we'd get her "real" voice for any kind of sex, which would be the more elegant way, of course. ;)

If she uses NG to play her sounds now, you wouldn't need to disable anything.  If her voicetype is a custom voicetype then I can just add it in.  We're talking about the willow mod?  Or a mod to the willow mod?  I haven't used willow so I don't know.  But a lot of Sexout mods put in support for her, so that's enough for me to warrant it.

EDIT: Of course you'll have to wait a minute while I add in modder support.  But once I do she'll have her own folder if it's a unique voicetype and then bob's your uncle so to speak.

I'll wait to hear from you before I go tearing willow apart to get at its gooey center.  PM me the details and I'll work on adding it in.  I'd rather have the details now while I'm adding modder support than after it's done.

Edited by t3589

I don't think IsModLoaded etc will work with voicetypes; it may well return a formid with GetIsVoiceType but that still won't mean it'll play it because that's called via the topic line window by just determining what voicetype's provided for the npc in the mod or one of its masters.

What could be done for non-vanilla companions with unique voicetypes is add those voicetypes to SCR, maybe, and adjust the willow mod to point to that. Of course you may wanna hold back on that if you expect that some of the functionality may make a move to NG, due to master dependency.

I'm game for this option too.  I expect SCR to be a requirement for this at some point.  I've just been building from the ground up and trying to start with as few deps as possible.  I'm a minimalist at heart.  kiss and all that.

But I'm completely not against it for the record.

Well all I did, was replacing her fade-to-black with sexout action in a little extra plugin here. Her voicetype exists in the original and my mod doesn't alter anything, but that one particular script of her sex scene. The moans are a feature of the original mod, most likely to spice up the 15 or so seconds you have to watch a black screen and have nothing to do with SO whatsoever. :)

I know that SCR has a plug for her, but I'm not sure if that includes her voice. I don't have her currently installed, but I will take a look at her tomorrow and PM you the details, if that is okay.

Well all I did, was replacing her fade-to-black with sexout action in a little extra plugin here. Her voicetype exists in the original and my mod doesn't alter anything, but that one particular script of her sex scene. The moans are a feature of the original mod, most likely to spice up the 15 or so seconds you have to watch a black screen and have nothing to do with SO whatsoever. :)

I know that SCR has a plug for her, but I'm not sure if that includes her voice. I don't have her currently installed, but I will take a look at her tomorrow and PM you the details, if that is okay.

Sure thing.

This mod will prob give her a sound token which will sit there and do nothing currently.  If she gets an NG sound token already then she'll get this one too.  If not, I can fix that in this mod.

All SCR does is grabs her ref, keeps track of some quest variables for her and add her to a current companions formlist, basically tries to add the same functionality for her as Cass & Veronica for info for plugins.

Whoa. What's with all the voice type checks? Having those conditionals in there eliminates the advantage of the voice type system.

Elaborate please.

EDIT: I think I see what you're saying.  I tried other ways but the only way to get certain voicetypes was to explicitly define them.  I can change that though.  Good catch.  I'm a scripter remember.  I'm not very good with the geck dialogue system.

Edited by t3589

How that happened was.  I was trying to get creature voicetypes included but the geck wouldn't add them by getiscreature.  So I explicitly defined them all so that I wouldn't miss anything (not knowing enough about geck dialogue to do it differently).  If you have a suggestion I'm all ears and I'll go change it right now.

Let's say you have vanilla voice types VTMale1, VTMale2, VTFemale1, and VTFemale2. And you have one dialogue topic, Topic01. In Topic01 is a single line: "Hi." This line automatically plays when the Player goes within X feet of any NPC.

When the engine is told to run this line, it looks for a voice clip to play. So let's say an NPC with VTMale2 wants to say "Hi." The engine goes to sound\voice\Master.esm\VTMale2\Quest_Topic01_numbers_1.ogg.

If the NPC had VTFemale2, it would go to sound\voice\Master.esm\VTFemale2\Quest_Topic01_numbers_1.ogg

Now let's say someone wants to add a new NPC to Master.esm using Mod.esp. This new NPC uses VTUniqueBob as a voicetype. And they want Bob to say "Hi" in his own voice. This is easy to do. They just place the voice clip at sound\voice\Master.esm\VTUniqueBob\Quest_Topic01_numbers_1.ogg and Bob can say "Hi."

This is the advantage of the voice type system. The creator of Master.esm needs to do nothing to allow modders to add voices to the dialogue.

BUT. Here's what you've done... On Topic01 you check IsVoiceType VTMale1 OR IsVoiceType VTMale2, etc.. Now if the creator of Mod.esp wants Bob to say "Hi." they can't just add the file to the VTUniqueBob folder because your IsVoiceType check only allows the vanilla voice types to access the dialogue line. If the modder wants Bob to say "Hi" they have to get you to create a voice type within Master.esm and add it to the check, which is work for you and work for them that neither should have to do.

EDIT: I don't think there's any reason for you to need to explicitly define any voice types, with the exception of keeping the vanilla child voice type checks in there so they're excluded as they are now.

Edited by zippy57

Let's say you have vanilla voice types VTMale1, VTMale2, VTFemale1, and VTFemale2. And you have one dialogue topic, Topic01. In Topic01 is a single line: "Hi." This line automatically plays when the Player goes within X feet of any NPC.

When the engine is told to run this line, it looks for a voice clip to play. So let's say an NPC with VTMale2 wants to say "Hi." The engine goes to sound\voice\Master.esm\VTMale2\Quest_Topic01_numbers_1.ogg.

If the NPC had VTFemale2, it would go to sound\voice\Master.esm\VTFemale2\Quest_Topic01_numbers_1.ogg

Now let's say someone wants to add a new NPC to Master.esm using Mod.esp. This new NPC uses VTUniqueBob as a voicetype. And they want Bob to say "Hi" in his own voice. This is easy to do. They just place the voice clip at sound\voice\Master.esm\VTUniqueBob\Quest_Topic01_numbers_1.ogg and Bob can say "Hi."

This is the advantage of the voice type system. The creator of Master.esm needs to do nothing to allow modders to add voices to the dialogue.

BUT. Here's what you've done... On Topic01 you check IsVoiceType VTMale1 OR IsVoiceType VTMale2, etc.. Now if the creator of Mod.esp wants Bob to say "Hi." they can't just add the file to the VTUniqueBob folder because your IsVoiceType check only allows the vanilla voice types to access the dialogue line. If the modder wants Bob to say "Hi" they have to get you to create a voice type within Master.esm and add it to the check, which is work for you and work for them that neither should have to do.

EDIT: There's no reason for you to explicitly define any voice types, with the exception of keeping the vanilla child voice type checks in there so they're excluded as they are now.

I get it.  So what should I do?  I thought the voicetypes had to show in the response window for it to be applied to them?  So a lot of them are redundant.

If you remove all the IsVoiceType checks except the ones for the child voice types, everything should continue to work as-is while allowing modders simple integration.

But that excludes creature doesn't it?  I see what you mean by the others, they're redundant.

I sort of needed to do that to generate the filenames for every voicetype.  I just didn't want to miss any.

EDIT: OK no I didn't.  I see what happened.

EDIT EDIT: I think I see it now.  So you're saying it applies dialogue with no explicits defined, as global and will be picked up by everyone automatically?

Edited by t3589

Hmm... this is a great concept and all and it's off to a good start, but I don't see it being of much use to the average user until some voice packs are made. And the average user won't have a bunch of sex soundbytes lying around, nor know where to get some. I tried a few sex acts with the mod active and besides a zipper sound, I didn't notice any chance to regular sex sounds. Oral though, was completely silent. Not even a slurp sound. So all I heard was zipper, silence, sex ended. And maybe 5 seconds later a belch sound. Kinda creepy. lol Hopefully a sound pack or two are made soon.

Why would it exclude creatures?

Because they aren't listed in the response window?  I thought that's how it worked.

EDIT: Isn't it?  I don't know.

Edited by t3589