Just a heads up.  This mod is slated for a complete overhaul at some point in the near future.

Plans so far:

- add TTW compatibility where possible.

- add MCM number of sounds used settings (will fix the 'blanks' problem described above).

- package and release a full install copy of the default voices (make duplicates of existing files to fill all playable slots).

- add any relevant Spunk compatibility.

- package and release several custom voice preset packs.

- package and release collections of raw voice assets/sounds as resources for customization.

- maybe more I haven't thunk up yet (hmm spell checker doesn't tag 'thunk'?).

That is all.

@T!:  Thunk is valid onomatopoeia.  Oddly, my phone's dictionary had thunk in it and not onomatopoeia (UNTIL NOW!!!).

You still don't have TTW installed, right?  As I've said before, I can help.  It's just that I image myself going "Hmm.  Is this more of a soft moan 1 or a soft moan 3?  Definitely doesn't sound like a 2, that's for damned sure."

@T!:  Thunk is valid onomatopoeia.  Oddly, my phone's dictionary had thunk in it and not onomatopoeia (UNTIL NOW!!!).

You still don't have TTW installed, right?  As I've said before, I can help.  It's just that I image myself going "Hmm.  Is this more of a soft moan 1 or a soft moan 3?  Definitely doesn't sound like a 2, that's for damned sure."

No, no FO3 here.  All I would need I think, is the voice folder structure from the BSA/s.  Shouldn't be hard to get.

Yes I went through the same thing during customization.  I find the best way to put one together is go with your first impression, don't second guess, pack those up, then play eye doctor with each individual sound, and replace the ones you don't like as you play.

It's a longer term method of customizing, but at least it gets you out of the bog.  It doesn't affect saves in any way either, so it's safe to switch out files often.

I'm currently waiting on some other things to be done, then I'll begin on this.

Actually, the thing/ problem with TTW is that they rename the vanilla FO3 voice type folders.  So you'll have MaleGenericGhoulDC so that it doesn't conflict with all of the dialogue for NV.  I have a partial list of the renames.  I can compare to find the missing ones that weren't listed in the post that I grabbed.

• 1 month later...

OK I've started on this.  Already it looks promising.  And already I'm struggling with an issue.

Ease of use: I wanted to get rid of the dialog based file naming scheme to make it easier to rename your files.  The problem is, we'll loose lip file support and emotions/expressions.  I still think it's worth the trouble, just so the NPCs aren't dead faced when they play their sounds.

That being said, I also plan to add some in-game options to select custom voices for specific NPCs.  That way you can change their voices on the fly in-game, from a series of voices you have already set up.  This should make it a bit easier to manage things, but the file naming scheme would still be tedious if we want to keep lip support.  I don't see any way around this.

@nyaallich: I think I can make it work universally.  More later.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I think I have a solution.  Stay tuned.

Edited by t3589

Hey there, so far so good. Those .lip files that you mention are, I presume to lip-synch the sounds with a facial expression?

Just asking, coz they don't work for me. At first I thought it might be because I chopped and changed the default playervoice with ones I prefferred from the other adultfemale choices(copied the .lip file from them also) so tried again witha default install, but no, no mouth movement. Also, some of the sounds tend to get cut off mid-way through, especially the sentences.

The lip files have always worked for me?  Or do you mean on the player?  The lip files won't work on the player during sex, but the NPCs should (have always worked for me).

See, I knew this would be a point of contention for me.  So now A.J. has posted this FAFF solution (outstanding ingenuity btw), and I'm sort of left wondering what should happen next.

The question I keep coming back to is...  Whose responsibility should it be to provide facial expressions during sex?  The animators, or just anyone?

At the time I used the lip files as a work around to at least give some kind of life to the face of the NPC.  The results imo have been fair to poor.  The expression of emotions is generally too subtle to notice unless the emotion in the dialog is set max.  When it does work properly, it goes a long way towards immersion.

Now that the animators are working out ways to remedy dead faced sex, I'm wondering if I shouldn't get out of their way with this mod and let them do their thing?

If I dropped lip support, and left facial expressions to the animators, it would definitely untie my hands to expand this mod greatly.

FAFF solution?! What? Where?!

See, I knew this would be a point of contention for me.  So now A.J. has posted this FAFF solution (outstanding ingenuity btw), and I'm sort of left wondering what should happen next.

The question I keep coming back to is...  Whose responsibility should it be to provide facial expressions during sex?  The animators, or just anyone?

At the time I used the lip files as a work around to at least give some kind of life to the face of the NPC.  The results imo have been fair to poor.  The expression of emotions is generally too subtle to notice unless the emotion in the dialog is set max.  When it does work properly, it goes a long way towards immersion.

Now that the animators are working out ways to remedy dead faced sex, I'm wondering if I shouldn't get out of their way with this mod and let them do their thing?

If I dropped lip support, and left facial expressions to the animators, it would definitely untie my hands to expand this mod greatly.

The lip files have always worked for me?  Or do you mean on the player?  The lip files won't work on the player during sex, but the NPCs should (have always worked for me).

T, I didn't know you were working on lip. In my opinion the best result would be synced dialogue + FE on the eyes / brows. It's the more "natural" thing I can think about, hearing a sound and not seeing mouth opening (or seeing it de-synced by a random animation) isn't the best in my opinion. But of course it's a matter of taste.

There would be another option too, but I only know that as theory and I never tried it (one day... one day I'll take a look...one day...), it would make expressions definetely usable by anyone and easy to set, I mean when you trigger a FE you have no control on that while with this method you would have full control. But as I said it's just theory.

By the way, just for the fun. Did you know there's a way to lip sync the player in game? Unfortunately it's not usable in SO as it is now

I agree that it does look more natural using dialog emotions and lip files, granted the emotions are all maxed out.  As you stated it doesn't work on the player.  I was sort of hoping your FAFF solution would work on the player.  That way at least the player does... something, even if it is out of sync.  Which imo is better than nothing.

EDIT: The eye part alone could add a whole lot of life all by itself I think.

Edited by t3589

no wait, I think I wrote bad then. my FAFF solution works on the player too, in the video I was tfc just in front of me and triggering FAFF over a looped specialidle. It has still some CONS I wrote in the post, so first check them or you could be disappointed. If you want to try it, I attached an esp in that post which is simply 20 lines of script, an IsKeyPressed, all you need to do is unpack under Data and you can trigger it by hotkey O as described there, it requires to be pressed 1-2 seconds until the message on top left appears. Try it on SO animations, try it while you are cleaning home with a broom, try it when you are shooting raiders, try it when you are drinking nuka cola, I think it should always work.

What I was saying is that the dialogue FE and the lip sync as you tried could actually work even on the player, you can sayto him. There's a dumb way to trick the engine and it will think it's a npc. But this doesn't happen on tfc unfortunately. In my opinion TFC gives some unuseful limitations, that's one of the first things I noticed since I started to play with cameras and machinima, I avoid to use it when I can

@ A.J. : Right.  We've been lacking a solution for lip and emotions for the player during sex for some time now.  If the player doesn't stand up when your solution is applied, I'll take it.  It's farther than I've seen anyone else get to player expressions during sex.

I agree on TFC.  It's the reason I can't seem to script a seamless strip tease routine.

OK here's what I'm planning to do.  I'm keeping the voice types so that modders can use them to include their own voices for specific NPCs.  Then on top of this I'm going to add several custom presets for Player customization.

So it will default to the sound files in voice types, then in game via a menu, you'll be able to set each NPC individually to Player presets that the player has installed.  This will mean players can avoid the rough naming schemes and use the preset folders which will use simple file names. ie. orgasm01.wav

The down side is that if you want lip support you'll have to install to the modders voice types (the hard way).  There is no way that I know of to use a simple file naming scheme and get lip support.  Therefore, if you use the custom presets (the easy way), unless the animators have built facial expressions into their anims, or until I can apply the FAFF deal for a generic sense of liveliness, you'll get dead faced sounds.

The question is, how many presets would you use?  I'm thinking one for the player, six for NPCs male/female/young/old/variant, one for creature, that makes eight.

Anyone?  Any thoughts?

EDIT: NVM I changed my mind again.  I'm only going to apply presets to the player.  More soon.  Working up a test copy now.

EDIT EDIT: Nope.  Scratch that.  I've figured it out.  It's going to take me a few days to upload a test, but at least it's mostly data entry.  I've already got most of the scripting in place.  Stay tuned.

Edited by t3589

Alrighty, here's a test run.  Probably needs some tweaking.  To install custom sound fx or custom PC voices, replace the files in Sound/fx/SOSr/.  To customize NPCs see the folder SOSr in Docs.  NPC files are located at Sound/Voice/SexoutSound.esp/<voicetype folder>.

The files in fx must be wavs.  The files in voice type folders can be anything.

- Removed NG Edits

- Added Configuration Item/Menu

- Added File Limits Settings

- Added Custom Voice Selection X 3

* Included SexFX files and custom voice files are blank (if the community can agree on some defaults I'll add them).  Default OralFX are included (not blank).

Yes the old one will be discontinued and this new one will replace it.

EDIT: We need male voice assets...  I plan to put together some custom voice packs, but they will all be female.  I have probably 5-6 male voice files, none of which match.

Edited by t3589

well imo rather have lots of female sound than male but thats me. i play male ingame mostly due to no option for but it for preg of npc.

works fine so far just words get cut off and the sex sound keeps goign till after ragdoll but stop when they stand

I'll fix the end scripts here soon so it stops playing sooner.  Which words?  Which NPC?  What limits?

I've uploaded some raw FX assets to play with.  The raw voice assets are going to take some time to sort out.  The problem is there are so many of them it would take me forever to go through them all by myself.  They would also be a nightmare to try and upload due to size.  Not to mention I'm sure they're full of duplicates that need trimmed. 

I still think it would be ideal to provide assets and let the community come up with voice packs of their own.  I just need to figure out how to deliver them efficiently, in a way that still respects the original authors, without necessarily knowing who those authors are (named as found).

Edited by t3589

Well I fixed the end sound at sex end.  I'll upload it here soon.

I'm still trying to work out a few issues.

Issue 1: Sound File Play time.  The problem here is that I cannot account for the end of regular wav files.  So far it looks like there are two choices.

Either A. Go back to the old file naming conventions for custom PC voices (using the file name lists).  In short, this would prevent custom files from getting cut off mid play.  ie. The next sound won't play until the one playing is done.  Which means you would never have to worry about the play length of your custom files.

Or B (the way it is now). Keep the custom file names as they are (simple), but require you to make sure your sound files are the correct lengths (I don't like this at all).

Issue 2: Lust arousal tracking.  The problem I'm having here is that only the players lust increases during sex.  The NPCs arousal never increases, but stays at whatever it was when sex started.  I have no idea why?

on lust tracking would probaly be best to wait on spunk update as its gonna work with preg.

on the sounds way u have now is good. the cut off of words is small so not to big a issue. what u can do is have like u have not then have a seprate download with extra sounds and explain how to add/replace them.

right now is this mod as beign pretty well set up.  couldnt u set it up where u have mutiple sound pack and with a mcm menu have where it switch up randomly?

on lust tracking would probaly be best to wait on spunk update as its gonna work with preg.

on the sounds way u have now is good. the cut off of words is small so not to big a issue. what u can do is have like u have not then have a seprate download with extra sounds and explain how to add/replace them.

right now is this mod as beign pretty well set up.  couldnt u set it up where u have mutiple sound pack and with a mcm menu have where it switch up randomly?

Right I'm still waiting on Spunk, but I also want Lust to work until then.

The cut off words could potentially be a massive issue depending upon what custom voices you install.  Sure it may be minimal for you, but for others I can easily imagine it ruining the moment.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Switch it up randomly for who?  You can switch custom PC voices on the fly using the Tuner item in your inventory.