If custom sounds are contributed, should they have lip files as well, or do you take care of that on your end?

It depends.  If they're for an NPC, and you want them to express emotions when their sounds play, then make lip files.  If the custom voice is for the PC on the other hand, it really doesn't matter because the PC won't play the lip files during sex anyway.

I was planning to experiment with A.J.s FAFF dealy and maybe add some kind of life to the PC when their sounds play.  But even if I can make that happen, the PC still won't use lip files during sex, so they become unnecessary until whoever can fix that fixes it.

EDIT:  I'm re-working it again now.  So save yourself some trouble and give me some time to get a new copy up.  I think I'm going to switch back to the complex file names.  Which means the custom voices in fx will change.

EDIT EDIT: Ha!  Think I figured it out.  New version soon.  Might keep the simple names after all.

Edited by t3589

OK try this new one.  I've made some compromises and fixed some issues.  You should no longer get over lapping voices on a single actor (though they may both play their own sound at the same time).  The compromise is that there is now a limit on play length.  Voice files that play longer than 3 seconds may overlap, except any orgasm sounds, which can play longer.  This only affects PC custom voices (the voices in fx folder).  Not the default NPC voices (the voices in voice type folder), which if you customize, can be any length.

Still trying to figure out what to do with this buttload of asset files.

Updated to SOSoundReplacer-20140511:

- added generic arousal progression.

- added Lust arousal progression.

- adjusted special FX for headphone users.

- set default/custom limits to medium on mod start.

Guest LaraDogs_Princess

Hellow !

Well thanks for your awesome mod for the new vegas sexout sound blablabla ! Lol i guess everyone starts by this kind of sentence !

I wanted to know if i did something wrong cause i (try) read all your support topic and your mod doesn't seem to work on my game. I have install the mod and replace some blank .wav but all npc and my character in my game have no voice at all while sex. So i try to see how your folders 's mod was organize and i saw all the .ogg, im guessing here thats the sounds files for the NPCs. but it doesn't seems to work. I don't even have a MCM option, only the tuner in my inventory.

Please help me, i try some of those songs and i really want them in my game. I apologize already if i have missed an important information, cause as you can see my english is bad. i do my best !

PS: Sorry for my bad english

PS2: Yes i have a Steam version of the game.

Hellow !

Well thanks for your awesome mod for the new vegas sexout sound blablabla ! Lol i guess everyone starts by this kind of sentence !

I wanted to know if i did something wrong cause i (try) read all your support topic and your mod doesn't seem to work on my game. I have install the mod and replace some blank .wav but all npc and my character in my game have no voice at all while sex. So i try to see how your folders 's mod was organize and i saw all the .ogg, im guessing here thats the sounds files for the NPCs. but it doesn't seems to work. I don't even have a MCM option, only the tuner in my inventory.

Please help me, i try some of those songs and i really want them in my game. I apologize already if i have missed an important information, cause as you can see my english is bad. i do my best !

Using the latest version? Male or female PC?  Which NPC did you try with?  Are you using TTW?

The best way to install this mod is to rename the 7z to fomod and install with FOMM.  There are no longer any MCM settings.  Try using the tuner item to set the default limits to low.

Do the sounds also have spoken (or perhaps moaned and/or shouted) dialogue (e.g., "yes," "oh god," "your cock is bigger than the Washington Monument, which conveniently enough was not destroyed otherwise this wouldn't be a compliment")?  /curious

lol  No subtitle dialog displays if that's what you mean.  There's no way to maintain consistency across customizations with subtitle dialog.

I could really use the TTW assets and voice type folders.  Then I could just include them.

But that would also mean I would need the ogg and lip files from the sound assets bsa from FO3, so that I could pick out some default voices.  That could be tricky.  You may have to wait until I can grab a copy of FO3.  In any case, I haven't given up on TTW support.

Oh no.  I was asking literally if some of the sounds are people saying words as opposed to just making sounds.

The default voices are all vanilla game assets.  They are the original ogg and lip files for those specific voice types extracted from the sound bsa.  Some of those voices say things, others are just noises.  All of them have been applied because they sound appropriate for sex and/or to fill in gaps on voice types that have few applicable voices.

However, these are simply the defaults.  The original aim of this project was for the community to come up with their own arrangements of custom NPC voices, which they could either release, that I could include, or they could keep to themselves, their choice.

The point is that the vanilla game voices are just defaults so that something is there.  The default voices will always be lacking enough files to fill all the play slots, or don't quite fit in every instance, and it is literally out of my hands.

In short, this mod was meant to be customized via the community, and everything included in it are simply starting points.  What you install with this mod is not supposed to be 'what you get', but rather is an example of 'what you can do yourself'.

Here's a little tip.

This is the general key I used for picking out the vanilla voice assets.  The first column represents combat sayto, the second represents possible applications to this mod:

Assault = Forced
Attack = Intensity 2
Avoid = Forced
Death = Orgasm
Fire = Any
Flee = Forced
Hit = Intensity 1/2
Murder = Forced
Power = Intensity 3
Steal = Forced

If anyone wants to send me customizations for specific NPC voice types to replace the defaults, I'm here.

Guest LaraDogs_Princess

Hellow !

Using the latest version? Male or female PC?  Which NPC did you try with?  Are you using TTW?

The best way to install this mod is to rename the 7z to fomod and install with FOMM.  There are no longer any MCM settings.  Try using the tuner item to set the default limits to low.

Yes i use the latest version, i play a female character, i tried the mod on me of course and cass, the powder gangers and doc michell oh and i don't have TTW.

Now i can hear the sound of what i have replaced (SexFX) and npc sounds thank you. But it does not last long.

I will wait for a pack of sounds for the player, cause i tried to do it myself but it was messy lol. Thanks anyway !

Yes i use the latest version, i play a female character, i tried the mod on me of course and cass, the powder gangers and doc michell oh and i don't have TTW.

Now i can hear the sound of what i have replaced (SexFX) and npc sounds thank you. But it does not last long.

I will wait for a pack of sounds for the player, cause i tried to do it myself but it was messy lol. Thanks anyway !

What do you mean it doesn't last long?  The SexFX included in this mod are blank files.  You must replace them to have sex sound fx.  I've uploaded some raw assets collected from around the way so that you can make your own sex sound fx.

I personally have yet to hear a set of sex sound fx that I can tolerate in game.  They all sound fairly ridiculous to me (the ones included with some anims are fine imo), and that's just my personal taste, but it's also why I haven't included any.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the custom player voices.  I honestly don't think anyone is interested in putting them together.

Guest LaraDogs_Princess

What do you mean it doesn't last long?  The SexFX included in this mod are blank files.  You must replace them to have sex sound fx.  I've uploaded some raw assets collected from around the way so that you can make your own sex sound fx.

I personally have yet to hear a set of sex sound fx that I can tolerate in game.  They all sound fairly ridiculous to me (the ones included with some anims are fine imo), and that's just my personal taste, but it's also why I haven't included any.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the custom player voices.  I honestly don't think anyone is interested in putting them together.

Yeah i have replaced sexFX and i can hear them but only for 15 sec then thats stop, the npc's voices too.

Guest LaraDogs_Princess

Mmh doesn't seem to work, my duration is to 30sec. But thats okay, this is only with the powder gangers quest from tryout when eddie use my character much longer idk why. Thanks for your help !

Got a few questions:

1.) Would you happen to know if SexAssault utilizes the "Rape" sounds?  Through testing with the Bangatron, it seems that the rape fx sounds are used, but I've been getting either silence, or the wrong sound files being played during both combat rape/stalkers.  I'll probably post this in the other thread too, but might as well as here.

2.) Is there any way to increase the frequency to which sounds/voices are played?  Maybe I've watched too much pron (if there's such as thing as too much), but there's not much silence in scenes.  Suppose I could increase the length of my sound files, but for now it's a bit too quiet for me.

I'm actually turning on voices and sounds in the SexoutNG MCM tab; this mod by itself has too many lulls (I've customized and replaced nearly every sound using a combo of the game sounds, Lover's Lab, Skylab, and sounds on this forum, so I doubt there's a blank file), especially since this mod's squishing "sexfx" files aren't continuous (if they're NOT meant to have a pause, perhaps I'm doing something wrong).  However, with both the natural SexoutNG files AND this mod's, there's much more sound to be heard--partly because Sexout's Sexfx files are constant.

Pretty cool mod btw.  I always hated that I had to hear a woman moaning pleasurably while getting raped (rather than trying to fight it), or screaming out when performing oral (when her mouth is occupied elsewhere).  Really helps with immersion, and it's nice to have more control and variety over the sex sounds.  :)

1. If SexAssault sets a raper when it starts sex it ought to.  Which wrong files?  Playing on who?

2. Decrease your limits using the tuner.  'Nearly' will still play blanks on max limits.  I'll release an update soon with a steadier sexfx rhythm.  If you're looking to time sexfx with animations, the only way to do that reliably across all animations is for the animation to play it's own sexfx.  Which imo, is where sexfx belongs specifically for that reason.

EDIT: A full custom voice set (the voices in the fx directory) consist of 174 files.

Edited by t3589

IIRC during non-fought off non-con, the rape sounds are used.  I forget if they are if you don't fight it.  Bangatron! should only be using them if it's non-con, which would obviously depend on which hot-key you used.

SFX:  As awesome as it would be to have the squishes aligned to the animations, that would take so much fucking time.

EDIT:  And when I say that the sounds are used, I mean that the raper var is set in Sexout.  That's how the Bangatron! does it.  I don't think there's another var that needs to be set for that.  If so, I suppose I need to know about it.

1. If SexAssault sets a raper when it starts sex it ought to.  Which wrong files?  Playing on who?

2. Decrease your limits using the tuner.  'Nearly' will still play blanks on max limits.  I'll release an update soon with a steadier sexfx rhythm.  If you're looking to time sexfx with animations, the only way to do that reliably across all animations is for the animation to play it's own sexfx.  Which imo, is where sexfx belongs specifically for that reason.

EDIT: A full custom voice set (the voices in the fx directory) consist of 174 files.

Hmm...not sure if it selects a raper or not.  I mean, it should.  I don't think my post in the other thread posted, so I'll have to wait on that, but thanks for the clarification.  Wrong files...well, SexAssault is playing mostly the Sex1Lvl__ files that I've customized, rather than the Rape__ files, in the FX folder.  Playing on whom?  I'm not sure exactly--I'm just hearing the sounds, but I assume they're from the receiver (victim).

Yeah, I was on LOW with the tuner already.  It helped, but there are little pauses between when each sound plays (a reason why I have the SexoutNG sounds enabled, to have a bit of overlap so I won't have to hear any silence).  And no, I'm not asking about timing the squishes, but rather that they play continuously, and if possible, that I can hear more sounds (in general) during sex rather than little pauses.

IIRC during non-fought off non-con, the rape sounds are used.  I forget if they are if you don't fight it.  Bangatron! should only be using them if it's non-con, which would obviously depend on which hot-key you used.

SFX:  As awesome as it would be to have the squishes aligned to the animations, that would take so much fucking time.

EDIT:  And when I say that the sounds are used, I mean that the raper var is set in Sexout.  That's how the Bangatron! does it.  I don't think there's another var that needs to be set for that.  If so, I suppose I need to know about it.

For SexAssault?  Hmmm, perhaps I need to recheck my voices folder.  Can you tell me what the difference between the FX and voices sounds is?  I'm not really good with the technical stuff, but okay.  All I know is that I'm using the preset buttons for Bangatron! for non-con sex (rape), which I believe is a 'K', and I can hear the rape sounds I've inserted (in the FX folder) for that, but not when using this mod.

Nah, I agree that squishes being timed/aligned would take WAY too much time, and it's not really what I'm asking.  I just want to avoid any silence.  I think with SexoutNG, I get a continuous stream of squishes, but with this mod, I'm getting just a bunch of squishes for a few seconds, then silence, then more squishes, and so on.  

Sorry for the confusion and thanks much for the help/responses!

@EG You're quite welcome.  On whom, I meant on the NPC or the player?  The difference is that the voices in the fx folder are custom player voices, and the voices in the voice type folder are for permanent customizations by modders.

Some NPCs will always have skips, due to the lack of voice assets supplied by the vanilla game.  If you've installed a full set of 174 files (really 162 minus gag voices) in a custom voice, and you then select that voice in the tuner, there should be no skips for the player.  However...

- Custom player voice files only play every 3 seconds.

- Permanent voice type files play until done, then play the next.

So if you want more precision for the player:

A. Create a custom player voice, where each file plays sound for the entire 3 seconds.

B. Create a new default player voice and overwrite the defaults in the voice type folder using the file name lists in Docs.

If you want more sounds to play for NPCs:

- Create a custom voice for an NPC using the file name lists in Docs and overwrite the defaults in the voice type folders.

EDIT: These are currently the limitations of ease of use.  I can solve this problem.  But, that will mean no more easy file names.  Personally, I enjoy the accuracy of the voice types, in spite of the fact that the file name lists are tedious.

If I can get some sort of consensus I'll sure try to accommodate the community.  What do you people think, no play length limits with tedious file naming, or easy file naming and play length limits (which is the only cause of pauses other than blank files)???

Edited by t3589