Toys Poll  

858 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

16 hours ago, zarantha said:

the slot is also referenced in the nif. in my experience, if you are changing the slot, you need to change it in both the esp and the nif, or it will be invisible.

my two cents, and i can't help at all with the toys issues. :)

Aaand why can't you help with toys, I need your help with toys.  yep sure due. ? I was wanting to ask you about converting toys, armor, clothing, etc. to 3ba version 2 that add all the extra bones to the item, which Reference due you use in body slide/outfit studio.  Once you delete the bones of the old 3bbb, then load the 3ba reference to copy bones of new 3ba v2...which reference is best to use for that?  Thanks for your help. 

13 minutes ago, leesjig said:

Aaand why can't you help with toys, I need your help with toys.  yep sure due. ? I was wanting to ask you about converting toys, armor, clothing, etc. to 3ba version 2 that add all the extra bones to the item, which Reference due you use in body slide/outfit studio.  Once you delete the bones of the old 3bbb, then load the 3ba reference to copy bones of new 3ba v2...which reference is best to use for that?  Thanks for your help. 

Here's what I know about CBBE 3bbb/3ba (older versions versus newer):

• There are updated versions of CBBE 3bbb/3ba which contain very subtle things like more vertices and better physics. Bone count did not change
    • V1 versus V2 is not about more bones, its about more vertices, and this is why files built for v1 still work fine. I don't think there is any reason to rebuild them. I don't know if doing so would make a difference
  • All Toys Family CBBE 3bbb bodyslide packages absolutely are using all bones, such as the 3 in the breast, otherwise they would not work at all. That's why Toys mods supply 2 options for CBBE. They are all completely compatible with the newer versions
  • Curio Toy Box which comes with Toys Story was built with latest version
1 hour ago, leesjig said:

Because I've only recently installed it and don't know what all it does yet, other than in general? :D

Because it's VirginMarie's baby and she's the one who absolutely does know what's going on?

Bodyslide is different. I can do bodyslide. I just add the 'CBBE 3BA Body' at the top of the list, if you've got the new 3baV2 that is the version the reference will be. The reference name didn't change between versions. Then just conform the new sliders. Weights shouldn't have changed all that much between versions. Any differences between v1 and v2 bone weights should be minor enough to ignore.

The v1 bodyslides should work with the v2 body - for instance, I haven't yet updated DCL to v2, and there's been no complaints about those not working. Unless you're using the new _v2 sliders, you shouldn't see a difference.

What doesn't work is a v1 body (ie, someone who hasn't upgraded 3BA) with the V2 bodyslides. In that case, I've had to tell people to upgrade to 3BAv2.

@VirginMarie There are new _v2 sliders that come with the new 3BA version. Not having them doesn't hurt for the most part, but if there's a preset made using those sliders, it's very likely to clip, because from what I see, the _v2 sliders are more extreme. It is a pain in the ass, but outfits should be upgraded to v2 at some point. I'd say it should not be a priority, just a 'nice to have' at some point. But Toys is your baby, so that's up to you. :)

17 minutes ago, zarantha said:

@VirginMarie There are new _v2 sliders that come with the new 3BA version. Not having them doesn't hurt for the most part, but if there's a preset made using those sliders, it's very likely to clip, because from what I see, the _v2 sliders are more extreme. It is a pain in the ass, but outfits should be upgraded to v2 at some point. I'd say it should not be a priority, just a 'nice to have' at some point. But Toys is your baby, so that's up to you. :)

What does one need to do in Outfit Studio, to build such that it supports these sliders? Just re-do the "conform to"?

Edited by VirginMarie
11 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

What does one need to do in Outfit Studio, to build such that it supports these sliders? Just re-do the "conform to"?

Yes, just do the conform to with only the new sliders checked. That way if you've made adjustments to any of the other sliders, those aren't lost. The new sliders all have _V2 appended to them, so they're easy enough to find. There's new labia sliders too. but mostly those don't matter for outfits. I toggle them on/off to be sure there's no clipping though.

7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I checked the curio bra area:  the bones stay the same, adds 48 new sliders

curio belt area:  add 12 new bones and 48 new sliders

Sorry my bad, counted 48 new _v2 sliders

Would you like me to try to convert all the toys to v2, or you got it handled not going to worry bout it right now.  If anything causes the game to crash, i'll skin it, re-bone it, add sliders back, set partitions back, I prolly test in game until I go cross-eyed.  won't touch wrist, ankle, boots, gloves.  After conversion, if you like the look of toy on body, use it...if not, it don't look good.  traaaash it.

Edited by leesjig
3 hours ago, leesjig said:

I checked the curio bra area:  the bones stay the same, adds 48 new sliders

curio belt area:  add 12 new bones and 48 new sliders

Sorry my bad, counted 48 new _v2 sliders

Would you like me to try to convert all the toys to v2, or you got it handled not going to worry bout it right now.  If anything causes the game to crash, i'll skin it, re-bone it, add sliders back, set partitions back, I prolly test in game until I go cross-eyed.  won't touch wrist, ankle, boots, gloves.  After conversion, if you like the look of toy on body, use it...if not, it don't look good.  traaaash it.

Sure I will have a look at what you come up with. I need to become comfortable with the idea of telling people they must use v2 though. If improvement is barely detectable, compatibility/ease of support becomes more important. I guess v2 has been out since something like January of this year?

25 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

I need to become comfortable with the idea of telling people they must use v2 though. If improvement is barely detectable, compatibility/ease of support becomes more important. I guess v2 has been out since something like January of this year?

Sometime around there. I haven't had to tell anyone to upgrade their body for months. So I don't think it will be a major issue for most users.

Curious if I'm missing something, but any time I have a single item equipped from Toys and a Sexlab scene plays, I end up kicked out of the free cam mode. This is a slight issue since it seems about 50% of the time, this kills several controls until you save, shut the game down and reload. I'm sure there is a setting that can fix this, but I can't seem to find it. I'm on SE, but I'm not sure that's a major thing since I've had that issue on LE with other mods as well.

Edited by kdoggg1971
Add information
3 hours ago, kdoggg1971 said:

Curious if I'm missing something, but any time I have a single item equipped from Toys and a Sexlab scene plays, I end up kicked out of the free cam mode. This is a slight issue since it seems about 50% of the time, this kills several controls until you save, shut the game down and reload. I'm sure there is a setting that can fix this, but I can't seem to find it. I'm on SE, but I'm not sure that's a major thing since I've had that issue on LE with other mods as well.

• Freecam can be turned off in Sexlab MCM. This would very likely fix your problem, but maybe you badly want Freecam
  • Toys will take you out of freecam mode when "voice in my head" displays (because you can't see dialogue in freecam mode). I think this is what you are seeing. Normally that would not eat player controls. Voice In My Head can be turned off in Toys MCM "Dialogue Chance", Setup tab (disable by setting chance to zero)... now you'd be sacrificing that feature in favor in freecam (but read on, could be solution to root cause below)
  • Freecam can also be turned off in Toys MCM, "Free Camera Speed / 0 to disable" on the Misc tab. Is not going to help in a Sexlab Scene. This would be used if its Toys and Toy Content mod scenes that are losing controls which seems likely will happen too till you solve your root cause

Free cam is part of PapyrusUtil. You might be able to fix by ensuring you have the latest version of PaprusUtil, but NOT the AE version (unless you are actually using AE). But here's the key.... Since PapyrusUtil is distributed in multiple mods including Sexlab, there's a fight to see which version "Wins" and you need to make sure your mod manager has the most recent, last, in your load order. Must have latest, and the latest must win

Other possible cause of lost player controls would include Corrupt Save. See Golden Rule. Like for example if you did not start a new game when you first installed Toys, which is the requirement. Corrupt Save would mean you are eventually going to see other problems.

Edited by VirginMarie
5 hours ago, VirginMarie said:
  • Freecam can be turned off in Sexlab MCM. This would very likely fix your problem, but maybe you badly want Freecam
  • Toys will take you out of freecam mode when "voice in my head" displays (because you can't see dialogue in freecam mode). I think this is what you are seeing. Normally that would not eat player controls. Voice In My Head can be turned off in Toys MCM "Dialogue Chance", Setup tab (disable by setting chance to zero)... now you'd be sacrificing that feature in favor in freecam (but read on, could be solution to root cause below)
  • Freecam can also be turned off in Toys MCM, "Free Camera Speed / 0 to disable" on the Misc tab. Is not going to help in a Sexlab Scene. This would be used if its Toys and Toy Content mod scenes that are losing controls which seems likely will happen too till you solve your root cause

Free cam is part of PapyrusUtil. You might be able to fix by ensuring you have the latest version of PaprusUtil, but NOT the AE version (unless you are actually using AE). But here's the key.... Since PapyrusUtil is distributed in multiple mods including Sexlab, there's a fight to see which version "Wins" and you need to make sure your mod manager has the most recent, last, in your load order. Must have latest, and the latest must win

Other possible cause of lost player controls would include Corrupt Save. See Golden Rule. Like for example if you did not start a new game when you first installed Toys, which is the requirement. Corrupt Save would mean you are eventually going to see other problems.

So basically, kill the Voice In My Head feature at times then, lol. I've got a few mods already that I have to kill certain features at certain times, so that won't be a huge issue. 

As for the control loss, it is basically the draw weapon/attack, shout button and run button. There were a few mods that would cause the same issues for me on LE as well where free cam got interrupted, and the only fix was to save, exit and reload. Probably a vanilla issue that falls under Howarth's "It just works" motto. 

And everything is as up to date as can be without going to AE (which is driving Steam nuts on me lately, which I find funny) simply because I went AE on PS4 first to see issues and WOW did it come with it's own new game breaking bugs.

47 minutes ago, kdoggg1971 said:

As for the control loss, it is basically the draw weapon/attack, shout button and run button. There were a few mods that would cause the same issues for me on LE as well where free cam got interrupted, and the only fix was to save, exit and reload. Probably a vanilla issue that falls under Howarth's "It just works" motto. 

Ya that's a fairly well known and common vanilla bug that goes back ages. It can be triggered by stuff other than Freecam. For me it usually fixes swapping out what you are wielding, so change from weapon to spell then back for example.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Ya that's a fairly well known and common vanilla bug that goes back ages. It can be triggered by stuff other than Freecam. For me it usually fixes swapping out what you are wielding, so change from weapon to spell then back for example.

That's why I came here to ask, I couldn't swap weapons or spells, even in my inventory.  It was like that bug, but on steroids. It's a shame this game has been patched and remastered so much, but the simplest of engine issues never get fixed.

AE?

What's the status of AE for people? Are we mostly just staying away from it?

My opinion is that staying away from it is the right thing to do unless you are a masochist ?.

Are some people actually using a setup for AE, just living without some mods? Has anyone used Toys with AE?

On 12/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, VirginMarie said:

AE?

My opinion is that staying away from it is the right thing to do unless you are a masochist ?.

Are some people actually using a setup for AE, just living without some mods? Has anyone used Toys with AE?

I have stayed away from it. Its offensive to me to pay money for problems. Companies used to resolve problems for money. The addiction for something new that is going around the world is the major problem that is causing most of the problems around the world. It is a form of insanity no different from Gambling, drugs, alcohol, addictions, etc... It undermines common sense thought structures and eventually becomes a skew for other skewed thinking.

On 12/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, VirginMarie said:

AE?

I intend to try while on vacation next week, since I need to test the DD DLL for AE.  I'll let you know my findings if I do get a chance to play. But it is by no means certain that I will actually get to play instead of fixing shit again. I've already got some bodyslide updates queued up.

I would recommend most users stay away from it for now. It should be stable in a few months at the current rate, but frequent updates are usually the norm when a new major version (SE, AE) is released.

20 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

Its offensive to me to pay money for problems.

The problem is that there's a part of the update that will go out to all players, even without purchasing. It's an SE update with optional content that can be purchased. Eventually, most of SE will move to the new version, since you get the update with or without paying anything. The only variable is how much extra content you'll get.

43 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I intend to try while on vacation next week, since I need to test the DD DLL for AE.  I'll let you know my findings if I do get a chance to play. But it is by no means certain that I will actually get to play instead of fixing shit again. I've already got some bodyslide updates queued up.

Thanks. Will be great to hear if you do get the time. What does that dll do anyhow?

43 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I would recommend most users stay away from it for now. It should be stable in a few months at the current rate, but frequent updates are usually the norm when a new major version (SE, AE) is released.

The sad thing is that the update is pointless, at least the part that causes all the trouble. If you want to use the free CC content, it works without the AE update (this is the "best of both worlds" version of the downgrade patcher). It would have been best if SKSE never updated, and we just all perma-stayed on the non-AE. All this effort modders are taking, for what amounts to zero benefit.

10 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Thanks. Will be great to hear if you do get the time. What does that dll do anyhow?

I'm actually not entirely sure, other than a user reported feedback back in 4.3/5.0 that equips and such were slower when they removed the DLL. Unfortunately, I don't know scripting or C++ and just get through a lot of this by trial and error and sheer stubbornness.

Edited by zarantha

@VirginMarie I'm using the downgrader for now, especially since Bethesda seems to be releasing rather frequent updates that breaks stuff. Plus, I'm using Wabbajack for my base mod installation, and they pretty much all use the last SSE version.

Thinking of giving Toys and SLaVE another go, it's been about a year and a lot has changed I see! A little bummed that a lot of my favorite mods still use DD exclusively, but I really want to give Toys a chance in a playthrough. Say, any idea if there are any mods considering adding Toys support that aren't currently on the list?

5 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

@VirginMarie I'm using the downgrader for now, especially since Bethesda seems to be releasing rather frequent updates that breaks stuff. Plus, I'm using Wabbajack for my base mod installation, and they pretty much all use the last SSE version.

Thinking of giving Toys and SLaVE another go, it's been about a year and a lot has changed I see! A little bummed that a lot of my favorite mods still use DD exclusively, but I really want to give Toys a chance in a playthrough. Say, any idea if there are any mods considering adding Toys support that aren't currently on the list?

Ya best to use the downgrader, or just not even let Steam take you to AE. I'm just looking for feedback from people crazy enough to try Toys with AE because for them, maybe pain is pleasure, like Nocturnal in SLaVE teaches us!

If you plan to run DD side-by-side with Toys, see Tips & Tricks.

mods considering adding Toys support that aren't currently on the list?

• @Scrab who did Toyful Temptations has posted of plans to support Toys in one or more other mods. I think there's already a touch of support in one of them
  • I know of 2 others whom have posted plans to do so too, but they are not as far a long and I won't put them on the spot by naming
51 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

@Scrab who did Toyful Temptations has posted of plans to support Toys in one or more other mods. I think there's already a touch of support in one of them

SMM respects Toys in its Bound Conditions

and 

Yamete! recognizes & excludes Toys in its stripping Feature. If I start implementing secondary consequences into the mod I will also add an option to equip Toys through it, alongside DDs & SlaveTats