Toys Poll  

865 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

So to answer your question before. I kind of feel stupid and realized I forgot to download the bodyside file for story. So now the body hands feet props work correctly but the gag doesn't line up at all.

To clarify more the gag is literally inside the head and the neck strap is like 4 inches below the head.

Edited by rxgMavericks
13 minutes ago, rxgMavericks said:

So to answer your question before. I kind of feel stupid and realized I forgot to download the bodyside file for story. So now the body hands feet props work correctly but the gag doesn't line up at all.

To clarify more the gag is literally inside the head and the neck strap is like 4 inches below the head.

1. Exactly which gag? Is it more than one gag (helps to know if limited to just one, or same for many)?
  2. Which head? (male/female/beast?)

Pic helps.

Edited by VirginMarie
11 minutes ago, rxgMavericks said:

image.png.d4eab9a544c246f39ebd8cae5ed8b0c1.png<< bratty Silencer image.png.3d32e69825cd22c0661cef166ae32294.png<<bratty Gag

image.png.640ed069c2cd20c7f67aea8fe8bf1fd6.png<<Curio ring gag (Story)

1. Maybe Toys is treating your character as male. Look in Toys MCM, last tab. What does it say for gender? Male? If yes, you have a mod that is making Skyrim think your PC is male
  2. If its not that, then you have a mod that is changing the head. Some sort of different race mod perhaps?

In either case, there's no current solution, other than to not use the mod making such change, or avoid gags.

I would like to understand better if you figure out which case it is. In case 1, if this is a possible scenario, it might make sense for the user to be able to redefine the gender in the Toys MCM. In case 2, I'd not be trying to do anything.

56 minutes ago, rxgMavericks said:

Ok so definitely not the first option because racemenu says female as well as toys.
While I do admit to using this.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28702 The issue still happens with the default nord race. 

So ya, don't expect gags to work with that Khajiit race. 

It does not happen for anyone else, with the default nord race... Otherwise I'd have hundreds of reports of problems.

Your test with the nord race cannot have been done correctly. Did not completely remove the Khajiit race, or something along those lines.

Edited by VirginMarie
4 hours ago, rxgMavericks said:

I have some good news i found out what is causing the issue, the only problem is i dont know how to fix it and its not a race specific thing.

You did build all the Toys in Bodyslide with the "Build Morphs" option enabled? (Although I'm not certain that option pertains to the head, but it's what's required for clothing to adjust to modifying a bodymorph with the racemenu slider.)

5 hours ago, Talesien said:

You did build all the Toys in Bodyslide with the "Build Morphs" option enabled? (Although I'm not certain that option pertains to the head, but it's what's required for clothing to adjust to modifying a bodymorph with the racemenu slider.)

• No gags are built in Bodyslide
  • Bodyslide does not do the head. You wont see things for the head using bodyslide... they can't

Thus it can't have anything to do with building morphs in bodyslide. Bodyslide is not in play for the gag.

Gag toys are fixed... one model for female, and in some cases another for male. If no male model is available, Toys will tell you, and not let you equip it. Deviate from the standard head shape, then don't expect it to work. Toys is designed to support beast races, but there's no toys for it to use thus far.

13 hours ago, rxgMavericks said:

I have some good news i found out what is causing the issue, the only problem is i dont know how to fix it and its not a race specific thing.image.png.1411180a47b0348ea3caff387023d7dc.png

image.png.8805236799d8aa8e0f1fa53439166e3c.png<<-1.5

image.png.b61afbde3ad93290b718c10c44a33f2e.png<<0 
Only problem with this is now my character looks challenged. (cough..)

Try installing MFG Fix. Don't know about toys, but that is needed in SE/AE for devious devices gags to open the mouth.

25 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Do you have plans to update the gags to work with khajiit and argonians? I was just noticing this myself.

My hope is that someone with the ability and interest makes a Toy Box for it. In this case, one that behaves as a replacer. I can help, but don't plan to use my time to learn more about the world of making models and do it all myself.

Also, the people have spoken, on this poll (top of the SLaVE support thread)... there's twice the demand for futa related support. Maybe someone else comes along wanting to do a Toy Box for that.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:19 AM, Talesien said:

Slightly off topic, but anyone knows what happened to Bardal's Company? The mod and the support thread for it seem to have vanished from LL.

Its been a few months. wonder if the mod autjor is okay? I really enjoyed his mods. Wonder if anyone else know something?

Having a weird issue. I'm a longtime user of this mod and suddenly the MCM stopped showing up. I haven't made any significant changes, and the issue is persisting even after updating to the latest version and making some load order adjustments. The items still appear in the game and I can still wear the toys and everything, but the framework MCM isn't showing up even after doing the console command to reset skyui.

Also worth noting that it has been a while since I played. I haven't made any changes to my mod setup aside from a new armor and new weapon, neither of which should be able to break the MCM.

Edit: And just to be extra clear, the last time I played the toys MCM was working fine. It's like it just disappeared and I even tried removing the two new mods, clean save, etc. MCM is just gone. I tried all solutions and only have 53 total MCM mods, so SkyUI isn't anywhere near its 125 max.

Edited by Aki K
7 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Having a weird issue. I'm a longtime user of this mod and suddenly the MCM stopped showing up. I haven't made any significant changes, and the issue is persisting even after updating to the latest version and making some load order adjustments.

Making load order adjustments mid-playthrough corrupts your save. See golden rule.

This could be why the MCM is not showing up. Either the recent load order changes, or doing similar in the past.

The items still appear in the game and I can still wear the toys and everything, but the framework MCM isn't showing up even after doing the console command to reset skyui.

Also worth noting that it has been a while since I played. I haven't made any changes to my mod setup aside from a new armor and new weapon, neither of which should be able to break the MCM.

Same as above. If you have added mods, changing the load order mid-playthrough, many problems can be expected. This is not unique to Toys.

Edit: And just to be extra clear, the last time I played the toys MCM was working fine. It's like it just disappeared and I even tried removing the two new mods, clean save, etc. MCM is just gone.

What most people refer to as a "clean save", also breaks the golden rule.

To help...

1. What happens if, as a test, you start a new game?
    • If the MCM shows up, you will have proven the problem is a corrupt save
    • In that case, solution is a new game, or to use a save that you are certain was made before breaking the golden rule
  2. If a new game still has no MCM showing up, please attach your papyrus log. How to get the log is in the FAQs, if you need that.
12 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Making load order adjustments mid-playthrough corrupts your save. See golden rule.

This could be why the MCM is not showing up. Either the recent load order changes, or doing similar in the past.

Same as above. If you have added mods, changing the load order mid-playthrough, many problems can be expected. This is not unique to Toys.

What most people refer to as a "clean save", also breaks the golden rule.

To help...

1. What happens if, as a test, you start a new game?
    • If the MCM shows up, you will have proven the problem is a corrupt save
    • In that case, solution is a new game, or to use a save that you are certain was made before breaking the golden rule
  2. If a new game still has no MCM showing up, please attach your papyrus log. How to get the log is in the FAQs, if you need that.

Further clarification. The "clean save" is a wholly new game. That is what I understood the term to mean. My past experience with "cleaning saves" is that they don't actually clean and are a waste of time. So it is a new save, MCM still does not appear. Load order changes were not tried until after I noticed the MCM was missing. 

Tried to attach papyrus log but LL keeps timing out. I will attempt to copy/paste a part about toys at least:

Spoiler

Function toyslib..ToysStrip in stack frame 1 in stack 858886 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[01/01/2022 - 11:53:18PM] warning: Function toysmcm..OnVersionUpdate in stack frame 4 in stack 3512 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[01/01/2022 - 11:53:19PM] VM is thawing

(Most of the log appears to be this repeating, likely due to my frequent attempts to reset skyui with the console command after my own attempts to fix things)

[None].toysmcm.OnConfigManagerReady() - (requested call)
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]             [param 0]: "SKICP_configManagerReady"
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]             [param 1]: ""
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]             [param 2]: 0.000000
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]             [param 3]: [SKI_ConfigManager <SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1D000802)>]
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM] Dumping stack 304622:
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]     Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]     State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]     Type: Normal
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]     Return register: None
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]     Has stack callback: No
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]     Stack trace:
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]         [None].toysmcm.OnConfigManagerReady() - (requested call)
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]             [param 3]: [SKI_QF_ConfigManagerInstance <SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1D000802)>]
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM] Dumping stack 838185:
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]     State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]         [None].toysmcm.OnConfigManagerReady() - (requested call)
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]             [param 3]: [SKI_ConfigManager <SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1D000802)>]
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM] Dumping stack 227023:
[01/01/2022 - 11:54:20PM]             [param 0]: 

EDIT: Also, a weird thing. The MCM still works in "old" saves. The ones that one would expect to be broken. It's only in my new game that it does not work. In fact the old saves even have the update now and the skyUI reset seems to keep the MCM in old saves. It appears to be "new games" that are the broken ones.

Edited by Aki K
16 minutes ago, Aki K said:

Further clarification. The "clean save" is a wholly new game. That is what I understood the term to mean. My past experience with "cleaning saves" is that they don't actually clean and are a waste of time. So it is a new save, MCM still does not appear. Load order changes were not tried until after I noticed the MCM was missing. 

Tried to attach papyrus log but LL keeps timing out. I will attempt to copy/paste a part about toys at least:

Reveal hidden contents

1. If that log is generated by starting a new game, where you pressed the new button, not loading some early save... you have a pretty significant installation problem. If you are using Vortex, try the purge option, then redeploy. This has helped others.
  2. If that log is after loading the game with a save, you have a very corrupt save.

Either way, the log shows you can't function as things stand. Problems are far beyond MCM not showing up.

My bet is that you have trouble attaching the log because the log is massive, which is not normal, but happens when you are stack dumping like that.

To help further, I need a full log, attached, from a new game (no save involved) and do this after purging if using Vortex. You can try to get a much smaller log, by starting up the game from the desktop so we are making a new log file, then only let the game run for a few mins, then exit to desktop and grab that new, much smaller log.

Edit: This line from your log "differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save"  confirms your case is #2. That's a corrupt save being loaded.

Edited by VirginMarie
7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

My hope is that someone with the ability and interest makes a Toy Box for it. In this case, one that behaves as a replacer. I can help, but don't plan to use my time to learn more about the world of making models and do it all myself.

Also, the people have spoken, on this poll (top of the SLaVE support thread)... there's twice the demand for futa related support. Maybe someone else comes along wanting to do a Toy Box for that.

I'm looking to see how hard it would be. No promises...

BTW, you have armbinders and yokes not enabled for beast races, and there's no reason why they wouldn't work. Yoke clips at the neck a bit, but it probably does that for guys too.

6 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I'm looking to see how hard it would be. No promises...

:D 

After you look into it, we should talk if you plan to proceed. I mentioned doing it "as a Toy Box, but as a replacer". I've not thought through that fully. Toys has compatibility keywords for male/female, and that's how its able to stop you from equipping a toy that is not going to work and notify why. It would be a simple matter to add some keywords for beast, but we'd have to be on the same page and coordinate. Can think a little out of the box from how i's done in DD.

6 minutes ago, zarantha said:

BTW, you have armbinders and yokes not enabled for beast races, and there's no reason why they wouldn't work. Yoke clips at the neck a bit, but it probably does that for guys too.

Oh thanks that was not intentional, its likely how the armor addon was setup by the authors. I will put this on my list to look into for a future release.

24 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:
  1. If that log is generated by starting a new game, where you pressed the new button, not loading some early save... you have a pretty significant installation problem. If you are using Vortex, try the purge option, then redeploy. This has helped others.
  2. If that log is after loading the game with a save, you have a very corrupt save.

Either way, the log shows you can't function as things stand. Problems are far beyond MCM not showing up.

My bet is that you have trouble attaching the log because the log is massive, which is not normal, but happens when you are stack dumping like that.

To help further, I need a full log, attached, from a new game (no save involved) and do this after purging if using Vortex. You can try to get a much smaller log, by starting up the game from the desktop so we are making a new log file, then only let the game run for a few mins, then exit to desktop and grab that new, much smaller log.

(1.) While odd, that isn't wholly unexpected. Literally everyone has given me "the one way" to properly install a modded skyrim. So odds are somewhere in the initial setup I messed up some key things because I don't fully know which way is the right way to do things. The game, however, runs. And with very rare exception it usually runs well. I do have a lot of large mods (and mods that I know to have issues with them, but I like functions that only they do) and not all of them are up to date (but most are. 90% at least. Some were discontinued by the mod author and its possible the rest of skyrim modding has moved beyond those mods. IDK if that's a thing and some are self-made and probably frankenstein programs).

If you have a particular set of instructions that you can recommend for the future, I intend to redo my setup when it either fully collapses or when I finish law school and have the time to dedicate to setting up a modded skyrim again. It is usually a days work or more for me to do a ground up installation because I am not a technically skilled person. A detailed guide of how to do it would be helpful. I tend to run things close to vanilla as far as graphics and ENB stuff goes but a lot of the more technical phrasing goes over my head with other concepts.

That said, this MCM issue is pretty much the only visible issue I am experiencing right now. I can usually play the game with no issues.

(2.) I also have smaller logs from the same file. I chose the biggest because I assumed it had the most info. Some of them aren't even a 10th the file size. But I suspect I still have serious setup issues. This wouldn't be the first time I screwed up the overall setup of a modded skyrim (it would be the 9th actually. I kept track lol.) My smallest log file is10 kb. The one above is from a file of over 2000 kb. Both from the same save game (which i created yesterday and has been the only save I played since my semester break started).

Everything else is currently working and has worked for about a year and a half with me doing things the way I have been doing them. Again, I admit that there are probably serious things that I did wrong. I can assume as much due to my lack of skill and uncertainty as to what is considered the proper way to do things. But it is the most functionally wrong it has ever been, so I am hesitant to finally start that 10th fresh install. I can play for an entire day with zero crashes, freezes, CTDs, or any other major issues. Often the game only ends because I had to close it myself.

(3) Not using vortex, I use MO2. I initially started with the Nexus mod manager until someone told me (as people often do) that mod organizer was "the only right way to do things." I being new to modding, believed them. At this point I am comfortable with MO2 and haven't changed to vortex mostly due to the psychology of switching costs and not wanting to break a stable build and what little knowledge base I have to learn a whole new way of doing things.

(4) I appreciate all the help. I understand if you don't want to pursue this further. I'm just not ready to do a full overhaul of my setup. I simply don't have the time off. I don't get a lot of free time and would prefer that I spend more of it playing than fixing. If there is no way to force toys to work as things are, I'll have to play without it.

(5) Only as a point of curiosity (and only curiosity) any idea why my old saves (some of which are so old that they're probably laughably corrupted) can still use the MCM? (As for why i keep the saves, mostly just to screenshot those characters in different outfits. They aren't for proper playing).

EDIT: Just to clarify, numbered for easier thought tracking. Not trying to make a point or argue. Haven't been sleeping well due to stress and my thoughts are all over the place. I take the MPRE test this coming semester and that's on top of some busy classes and first time living away from home for a long stretch of time. So if any of the above sounds grumpy or hostile (and hopefully it doesn't), that is absolutely not intended. I am a big fan of your mods.

Edited by Aki K
33 minutes ago, Aki K said:

EDIT: Also, a weird thing. The MCM still works in "old" saves. The ones that one would expect to be broken. It's only in my new game that it does not work. In fact the old saves even have the update now and the skyUI reset seems to keep the MCM in old saves. It appears to be "new games" that are the broken ones.

No this is normal...  it ties right in to what I've been saying. You go back far enough in saves, you will find one that is not corrupt.

However its only safe to start back up with a save like that if you are certain the load order is used matches your current load order, EXACTLY. Very hard be to sure. Otherwise that save is incompatible with your current LO, and it will just lead to another corrupt save down the road.

9 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

No this is normal...  it ties right in to what I've been saying. You go back far enough in saves, you will find one that is not corrupt.

However its only safe to start back up with a save like that if you are certain the load order is used matches your current load order, EXACTLY. Very hard be to sure. Otherwise that save is incompatible with your current LO, and it will just lead to another corrupt save down the road.

Aside from one new armor and one new weapon (both of which are now deleted) my load order hasn't changed in 4 months while i was away at law school. Part of why the sudden MCM break for a new save is so baffling to me. lol For a new save with only two small additions to the overall mod list, (and no prior load order) I can't understand why it would be broken. Meanwhile ancient saves that are absolutely mangled are fully functional.

Edited by Aki K
53 minutes ago, Aki K said:

If you have a particular set of instructions that you can recommend

This is the only thing needed... follow the golden rule

That said, this MCM issue is pretty much the only visible issue I am experiencing right now.

I can almost guarantee you will find many things not working in your immediate future. MCM is just what you noticed first. You've triggered a point of hell breaking loose.

(2.) I also have smaller logs from the same file.

There is only one log that matters, if I'm to help further. One that is for a new game.

Not using vortex, I use MO2. 

I have no opinion on mod managers, and was not recommending one over the other. I will say this... people tend to trust their mod managers too much. Only you can keep that load order un-changing, mid-playthrough, and the mod managers both do little to help you do that. 

any idea why my old saves (some of which are so old that they're probably laughably corrupted)

Because they are not corrupt, or not AS corrupt. This is normal. However they will quickly become corrupt, if you use them with a new load order that does not match.

You've triggered corruption, with the most recent changes, which may seem innocent enough, but they were the trigger.

So if any of the above sounds grumpy or hostile (and hopefully it doesn't), that is absolutely not intended. I am a big fan of your mods.

It does not sound hostile.

Aside from one new armor and one new weapon (both of which are now deleted) my load order hasn't changed 

This broke the golden rule twice. When you added, then when you later deleted. The load order changed twice.

What we need if you want more help is...

1. Start new game, a real new game that did not involve a save
  2. Confirm if MCM shows up
  3. Run the Toys Installation Test on the first tab in the MCM. Does it pass or fail?  (this step only if you have the MCM showing)
  4. Exit to desktop, grab that log

Note: If 3 is a pass, we probably don't need your log, as we will have confirmed you have a a healthy new game.

Edited by VirginMarie