Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy Nude Mods

7 hours ago, AlphaSixNine said:

for some reason I can't get it to work. do you need to repack?

I was able to get S_S_Majin's mod to work. I do not believe I did anything special but I modded and created simple mods for the first game so I may be used to the process.

Here are the changes I made to my game files so far...
1.) download gust tools with the recent link to them in the forums

2.) place all the gust tools & gust tools 1.28 files in the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data" folder

3.) copied the contents of "gust_tools-1.28" out of its folder into the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data" folder (may be unnecessary but done has a precaution)

4.) click-and drag "PACK00_02.PAK" onto "gust_pak.exe"

5.) move the data folder just created in the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data" folder back to the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2" folder so the Data folders merge

6.) rename "PACK00_02.PAK" to PACK00_02.PAK.bak to prevent the PC from reading it and forcing the PC to read the files you place in the "...Data/x64/character..." location. This also works as a way to create a back-up of the PACK00_02.PAK in case you need the clean files.

7.) download S_S_Majin's mod (the ux.getuploader account seems to have been removed entirely but post #99 in these forums has a link to download it)

8.) copy the "pc20g_model.elixir.gz" and "pc20g_model.g1t" files inside "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data\x64\character\pc20g" to a new folder within "pc20g" for a clean back-up (optional)

9.) take the "pc20g_model.elixir.gz" and "pc20g_model.g1t" from the variant you wish to use of the mod (out of the 4 possible included) and paste into "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data\x64\character\pc20g" and overwrite the files. (I do not save the entire mod within the game's folder)

10.) start game and change into Summer Adventure outfit (pc20g is not Ryza's default outfit)

I hope this is able to help you resolve the issue

1 hour ago, Joe Average said:

I was able to get S_S_Majin's mod to work. I do not believe I did anything special but I modded and created simple mods for the first game so I may be used to the process.

2.) place all the gust tools & gust tools 1.28 files in the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data" folder

3.) copied the contents of "gust_tools-1.28" out of its folder into the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data" folder (may be unnecessary but done has a precaution)

5.) move the data folder just created in the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data" folder back to the "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2" folder so the Data folders merge

6.) rename "PACK00_02.PAK" to PACK00_02.PAK.bak to prevent the PC from reading it and forcing the PC to read the files you place in the "...Data/x64/character..." location. This also works as a way to create a back-up of the PACK00_02.PAK in case you need the clean files.

7.) download S_S_Majin's mod (the ux.getuploader account seems to have been removed entirely but post #99 in these forums has a link to download it)

8.) copy the "pc20g_model.elixir.gz" and "pc20g_model.g1t" files inside "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data\x64\character\pc20g" to a new folder within "pc20g" for a clean back-up (optional)

9.) take the "pc20g_model.elixir.gz" and "pc20g_model.g1t" from the variant you wish to use of the mod (out of the 4 possible included) and paste into "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Atelier Ryza 2\Data\x64\character\pc20g" and overwrite the files. (I do not save the entire mod within the game's folder)

10.) start game and change into Summer Adventure outfit (pc20g is not Ryza's default outfit)

that's pretty much what I did though. anyone else got it working?

2 hours ago, Joe Average said:

So basically, install gust tools, unpack Pak 2, rename it, download the mod, backup the files, then replace the files with the mod files?

1 hour ago, nothingworksfuck said:

how important are mipmaps? cause i cant seem to export .dds files after i edit them and end up with the same number of mipmaps as the original. im using gimp. the game loads just fine but the things i changed dont seem to take effect

Mipmaps are used to lower GPU/CPU usage.
Mipmaps are used to lower/increase textures res based on view distance, otherwise the displayed texture would always be the highest resolution possible and that would significantly increase GPU/CPU work which can and will impact performance on a not so potent computer rig.
IE: When you have objects/characters really far away you can't properly see them so having them loaded at high res at that specific time will be useless and may hinder performance.So having them load at lower res and increase texture based on how close you are to them will be beneficial to performance.
So we use Mipmaps.
So if you are confident with your rig your can just discard Mipmaps, (Game Engine might limit your in some cases).

To have things work correctly and change texture follow these steps...

I'll use Photoshop since it's what I use, but you should follow the same thought process.

1. Open your texture with you desired Image editing tool.
  2. When opening a image make sure to only have alpha channel on a sapareted layer (if possible)
    image.png.ad323aa176a9d231fd46066e430b9711.png
  3. Don't mind mipmaps for now.
  4. When you're done with your edits. Save/export your project selecting the correct settings.
    (BC/DXT compression) and make sure to select "Automatic generate mipmaps".
  5. And that's it.

If you load your image with mimaps your will have to re-do your change on every mipmap layer.

You can also save without mipmaps however it will impact game performance.
So theorically having a high number of mipmaps are beneficial however the more number of mipmaps your file have the greater it's size and the lower the speed textures will be loaded (based on your PC and game engine) so ideally your want a sweetspot but finding it is time consuming.
Hence the difference on original mipmaps amount (which are the sweet spot according to devs) and auto mipmaps amount.

I had to rename the files to 20b and put them in the 20b file to get it to work, because I don't have any costumes apart from the default and summer, once I did that it worked fine. I'm looking forward to the mods based off her new model more though, since these seem to be using her old breast shape/thigh gap? I might be wrong.

21 minutes ago, The Butler said:

Hence the difference on original mipmaps amount (which are the sweet spot according to devs) and auto mipmaps amount.

now concerning that sweet spot, i want to keep the original 3 mipmaps, however when i add my own when exporting, its adds 10 more layers of mipmaps. im not running into any problems rly this way but idk how to choose how many layers it will add. Im not sure if gimp has that option to choose how many mipmaps it will generate

Testing my own mods here >.<

Spoiler

image.png.676688e229ad4e6e8f0ff489ad99ef2c.png

Creepy. Not exactly what I had in mind lol.

2 hours ago, nothingworksfuck said:

now concerning that sweet spot, i want to keep the original 3 mipmaps, however when i add my own when exporting, its adds 10 more layers of mipmaps. im not running into any problems rly this way but idk how to choose how many layers it will add. Im not sure if gimp has that option to choose how many mipmaps it will generate

The is a way to manually set amount of mip maps.
Some programs can do that when you export and if that's not the case. you can try the following.
When opening the files make sure you uncheck load mip map and check load alpha as transparency.
After you're done editing flatter the image and create 2 copies of it and redimension them to half of each.
So a 2048 image will have 2 mips.

512x512 = 2 mip

1024x1024 = 1 Mip

2048x2048 = Original

The layers should follow the pattern above.
Smaller image on top. with alignment of top left.
When exporting in gimp use  "Use existing mipmaps"
image.png.bc9b2c67ae7f08985636f632fa176026.png
You can also open your already edited file with excessive mipmaps and just delete them (just keep in mind the 512x512 and 1024x1024 mips)
And export again with the settings I mentioned above.

However this is quite the work, so if you don't mind having a small increase in file size it's better to use auto generate mip maps.
The plugin I'm using on PS don't let me use mipmaps from layers so I always have to generate them.

3 hours ago, The Butler said:

The layers should follow the pattern above.

Smaller image on top. with alignment of top left.
When exporting in gimp use  "Use existing mipmaps"
image.png.bc9b2c67ae7f08985636f632fa176026.png

im not sure if im missing a plugin but i dont have the option to use existing mipmaps. its there, but its not select-able(its just greyed out). I will just generate my own mipmaps till i learn how to use gimp better>.< you are a hero for helping me out  though thank you

1 hour ago, Denyal said:

Moderchan seems to have finished the Sophie's pantsu restoration costume, no download link yet, but his twitter is filled with it

i dont think its complete because it seems like the physics on the coat might be broken? which is why there are pictures of her with a cropped coat instead