Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy Nude Mods

8 minutes ago, Denyal said:

I would really love more info on this, my game on steam hasn't updated since i installed it exactly on release. Did they remove more stuff after release? how come no one is talking about this?

I'm in the game right now and there is a wet texture for ryza's default outfit when it's raining, but not for any of the other colors or outfits. I wonder if it was an oversight on their part to not include it for the jacket-less costume and color swaps, or if it was intentional. They didn't include the wet texture for the original outfit either. Haven't tested it with swimming yet but it works when it's raining..

Ryza wet tex.png

17 minutes ago, nothingworksfuck said:

so why do i need this special k injector. i remember with ryza 1 just extracting the pak files, and replacing the texture found in those files. (and renaming the original .pak files) the game was able to read all of it as long as you renamed the pak files. i havent messed with the new game but is there a reason we cant just use the gust tool pack to do all this?

they added new encryption to this game, we are unable to unpack because using Gust Tools or any other unPAKer gives a file error and stops the process, we are waiting for one of the tools to update, injection is the only way so far for modding this game

15 minutes ago, Hoffinator said:

I'm in the game right now and there is a wet texture for ryza's default outfit when it's raining, but not for any of the other colors or outfits. I wonder if it was an oversight on their part to not include it for the jacket-less costume and color swaps, or if it was intentional. They didn't include the wet texture for the original outfit either. Haven't tested it with swimming yet but it works when it's raining..

Yes, also talking with Steam users the feature is there, but due to lazyness from KT probably it only works with Ryza's default costume

10 minutes ago, Denyal said:

they added new encryption to this game, we are unable to unpack because using Gust Tools or any other unPAKer gives a file error and stops the process, we are waiting for one of the tools to update, injection is the only way so far for modding this game

ahh ok, i think ill just wait for the gust tool to be updated cause I'm not familiar with the special k thing. plus the old method is pretty straight forward.

14 hours ago, AlphaSixNine said:

left the settings as is so I don't think it's that. as for nigol's post unfortunately not the same for me. playing in fullscreen so I am sure I am playing the game while it is the focus.

I am just using Steam for the controller and I have no other apps like InputMapper currently running.

6 hours ago, Monty-R said:

As for Special-K, I've been using version 0.9.8 for every game I played. It's an old build but it's probably the best one that will not cause any problem.

Yeah version 0.9.8 doesn't have the zooming thing, I changed it in my first post in case.

Nevermind it happened again, but now I know that the culprit was x360ce, at least for me. Maybe the steam remapping is doing something similar.

Update: sadly unlike the previous Ryza game, the puni shirt preorders for console apparently aren't on the files, unless they are hidden and I just couldn't find them. If anyone else has luck let us know, otherwise well have to wait for mods from artist to come out

Fantastic, Its really nice that Gust tools got updated to add support so quickly.

Ryza 1, Which was not censored as Sony had not went fully Nazi, At the time, 

Took months, And arguably a year for any real sauce to be modded in,

I would like to add that i personally think uncensoring the game is not enough, And this garbage needs to be opposed with multiple steps forward.

Anyway, Any Time someone spends modding this game, and chooses to publicly release it, Are doing a massive service, against this narrative,

And i thank anyone that uses their precious time to "Fix" The game. 

In whatever what ever way they seem deem fit, DESERVE high praise.

Granted i think the title of this thread would be better changed, as there was plenty of fantastic mods for Ryza 1 that where not "Nude mods" In this particular case even uncensored Pantsu Mods, or clothing changes would all be fantastic, And i think generalising everything that could be posted under the category of nude mods isn't doing it justice, while that's personally something i would like, There are lots of fantastic things people will come up with outside of that interest.

27 minutes ago, hotNess16 said:

So gusttools.zip right and then I just extract the files into the game folder?

go to the game's folder, there is a folder called DATA with a lot of PAK files, the second PAK file the bigger one, you need to grab it and just drop it into the Gust_PAK.exe, it will create a new folder with all the raw files, then you can get to modding

39 minutes ago, hotNess16 said:

I'm assuming gust tools is used to make mods and install mods into the game right?

Its to Decrypt, The games files. As far as i am aware., Which is obviously needed for modders to work with the game outside of injection.

And yes, Subequently Needed.

Dont worry, You will figure it out.  

16 minutes ago, The Butler said:

Can't really test the alpha channel method as my .dds plugins stopped working for whatever reason...
And I don't know if the game will actually work with Intel .dds compression...
Try to updated my photoshop now to see if it helps....

I had problems even viewing DDS files, had to update plugins for every viewer on my pc

1 minute ago, The Butler said:

I use Irfan Viewer as my default Image viewing.

It can display pretty much everything (even .psd file).

me too, it was giving me errors displaying the files despite showing the preview, downloading the DLL pack from the official page fixed it

2 hours ago, 3423249 said:

Its to Decrypt, The games files. As far as i am aware., Which is obviously needed for modders to work with the game outside of injection.

And yes, Subequently Needed.

Dont worry, You will figure it out.  

If its required to install mods to the game, then I might need help. I did find a website with instructions on how to install the gust tools into Atelier Ryza, but some instructions are unclear for me. 

http://mod.silvervoxplay.com/how-to-use-atelier-ryza-mod/

After updating my photoshop, .dds plugin started working again....
But dxt .dds is no longer supported on newest plugin only intel(bc) compression...
I will download old plugin for dxt compression later...
I'll test with intel compression first.

EDIT: So Intel compression seems to work.

Spoiler

image.png.d27888961baa5c4f0a435a3b9e127ce0.png

As you can se the parts I added alpha channel are invisible.
So Texture modding is possible as well as making part of the clothing invisible and Model Swapping as well...

The issue is it's not exactly intuitive...
Here are guiding steps

1. Use gust_tools to decompress .pak file - (Characters are mostly in PACK00_02.pak)
  2. Go to your desired character folder and search for XXXX_model.g1t
  3. Extract that git file and you will get a folder with all textures.
  4. Make sure to rename the original .pak file to .pak.bak (backup)

For model swaping I haven't tested yet but I belive just a simples folder renaming should work?
I'll test it now...

EDIT2:
Yes model swap can be done indeed....

Spoiler

image.png.3551024068f6dc9193a0954c5ab715c3.pngimage.png.403d64015eb887dc265c062bc6a80d53.png

3 hours ago, Denyal said:

go to the game's folder, there is a folder called DATA with a lot of PAK files, the second PAK file the bigger one, you need to grab it and just drop it into the Gust_PAK.exe, it will create a new folder with all the raw files, then you can get to modding

Oh OK sorry I'm a newbie to this. I will do this then. The problem I had initially was that under the newest version, there were 3 separate downloads but I think I need to download the first one shown on top.