Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Creation Thread

• 2 weeks later...

So far the closes thing to a quest mod that kinky is cybermods Joytoy of Night City. It glitchy and a work in progress but it worth taking a look if your curious. 

Use this helpful instructional video to install. Then get past the main intro still you are past the main intro. IE im avoiding spoilers,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCptwoCh98SXfrTw_af6NmTQ

After you done that installed the database go to Rita and you should find a quest there in your journal of quest when your by her. Take the quest and see.

Just a FYI. Its not quite complete and prone to crashes.  Hope this help because there a big lack in info on this mod :)

Edited by mowaz
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 9:14 PM, Maxim J said:

From the latest leak it seems that after the expension CDPR will finish with Cyberpunk and most likely release a modding tool for the game.

Never gonna' happen.

Remember on how much we were promised and how little we got.

Don't trust anything they say. If it happens, it happens, if not, well, we kinda knew.

Edited by -Player1-
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 3:40 AM, Darkening Demise said:

CDPR be consumer friendly? Actually deliver on modding tools like they promised in TW3 akin to a Creation Kit?

I too wish to live in Lala Land of Hope.

I remember many years ago when some fanboy was so sure that TES modding was dead and a thing of the past, because of the Witcher series…

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, MintBerryCrunch! said:

CDPR just announced REDmod, a modding tool for Cyberpunk 2077. They even mentioned "custom animations"...

15 minutes ago, Maxim J said:

Costum animations are coming.

pulp-fiction-winston-wolfe.gif.ec4015e9ebc76f8afceba45a6ac86c03.gif

The patch notes are thin on details, and says nothing about custom animations.

image.png.169edef79f6a4c9b7ac4a5b308bb6a5a.png

As always, it will come down to how good these "tools" are. Based on CDPR's history of lies, more lies, and even bigger lies...I wouldn't start selling any tickets for the hype train.

They have a LONG way to go before they get any solid forgiveness. A long fucking way. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Dude... just click the link I posted and read the page.

"Below you will find REDmod – a free DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 which adds integrated support for installing and loading mods into the game & provides an official modding tool that will help you use, modify and create your own experiences in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, including custom sounds, animations, scripts, and more."

and also, you can download the blender plugin from that page right now.

14 minutes ago, MintBerryCrunch! said:

"Below you will find REDmod – a free DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 which adds integrated support for installing and loading mods into the game & provides an official modding tool that will help you use, modify and create your own experiences in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, including custom sounds, animations, scripts, and more."

Okay, welp. That sounds nice. However, until we have some confirmations...such as how much access is being given to the scripting engine, etc...I would seriously slow down.

CDPR is the master of marketing two step bullshit. I'm currently re-installing 2077 now, so...we'll see. Till then, I believe nothing until it's in the hands of the community, and we see actual stuff.

When we do, we can all sit around and Gordon Ramsay about how we finally have some good fucking food.

EDIT: Yes, I just used Gordon Ramsay as a verb. Come at me bro.

Edited by WandererZero

Also, redmod is integrated into wolvenkit. So you basically don't loose any progress that was already made in the past. You can already see GitHub commits on wolvenkit for redmod and wolvenkit is officially mentioned as the tool to create mods.

Redmod basically opens up a lot of previously closed doors to modders and integrates mods preperly into the game via a native mcm.

4 hours ago, Maxim J said:

Costum animations are coming. Open a dedicted forum section its going to be like skyrim

Hold your horses my man, Rimworld took +5 years for theirs and Starbound even longer, Mount and blade series still doesn't have anything like that.

I would suggest being careful with CDPR, they already fucked up a lot to just trust them out of the bag, as usual let's hope for the best though.

2 hours ago, Algene said:

Hold your horses my man, Rimworld took +5 years for theirs and Starbound even longer, Mount and blade series still doesn't have anything like that.

I would suggest being careful with CDPR, they already fucked up a lot to just trust them out of the bag, as usual let's hope for the best though.

I'm exited but you are right to be cautious as this is CDPR we are talking about....

Just had a look at the documentation.

There is nothing here that was not available last year.  Just a new wrapper.

Hopefully, everyone here at LL with some interest will jump over to their forum thread on the topic and tell them we need DOCUMENTATION!!!!.  These guys at CNET and the like have gone through the RED files and their documentation is basically "placeholder till we figure out what the fuck this does".  Now that these guys are part of the team, maybe they can get answers.