Demonic Creatures - Mod Version V1.7 - Patch Fix v1.74

21 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

don't worry. I'm all in for finding bugs. I wasn't sure myself either.

So far there is only the Ancient Tree Guardian, but it uses the vanilla lurker skeleton. Maybe it only is the custom lurker skeletons that leads to trouble. Maybe I should implement that Ice Golem just to check. It looks cool. I wish it had jaw movement though.... but it seems mihail skipped that for this one.

Testing Right now, will let you know very soon.

4 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

HDT SMP and Lurker Skeleton

That should have been fixed a while ago with the new updates to XP32 Acro did. Since anyone using HDT SMP needs the xp32 skeleton, it should never use the vanilla skeleton. But, I'm not in a position to actually run up to one and check.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988?tab=logs

- Added Lurker's new schlong, tongue, eggs bones with proper hkx.(CTD fixed version of course)

Edited by zarantha

Tested on a new save with only Demonic Creatures and Faster HDT-SMP along with their dependencies enabled.

So using the creature list that comes with the mod, the only added creature with the Lurker skeleton is the Ancient Tree Guardian. Looking in SSEedit there are two Ancient Tree Guardian editor ids, (DEMEncAncientTreeGuardian and DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach). Spawning in an Ancient Tree Guardian with the FORMid for DEMEncAncientTreeGuardian works perfectly fine. They go through all of their attacks without crashing. 

Now here's the interesting part, the issue that the person in the post about the Ice Golem was saying that the crash doesn't come from the basic attacks themselves, but only whenever the creature using the Lurker race comes out of the ground. DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach is the only way you can find them coming out of the ground. In order to see if these creatures can cause the crash, I needed to teleport to where they are in the world to trigger them. As referenced in SSEedit, there are 3 places where they are found, coordinates in Tamriel (-17, -15) (27,2) and (38, -19). Upon teleporting to these coordinates, nothing happened. There was nothing, I even used TCL to check under the ground. 

I then used the FORM id of DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach to spawn some ancient tree guardians and noticed something very strange. Using that form ID can spawn the following: 

Black Rat    

Ancient Tree Guardian (exact same as the DEMEncAncientTreeGuardian, no crash) 

Cragkin Skysplitter goblin Melee

Beaked Dinosaur Zebra

Treeduckbil Jungle 

I used player.placeatme around 60ish times to make sure that it wasn't a one off thing and only around half of those did the Ancient Tree Guardian spawn. The other creatures on the list spawned less frequently, but those specific creatures can spawn using the formid of DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach. My theory is that when I tried to see if the placed Ancient Tree Guardians can cause a crash, the game spawned one of the 4 other creatures there instead, causing them to die and fall into the void. So I can't say for certain that it can or cannot cause a crash coming out of the ground. 

TL;DR: Spawning for the creature that could cause a crash is messed up, so it could probably cause a crash but can't tell for sure unless it's fixed. 

1 hour ago, Gukahn said:

So checked it 2 Times.

The First Time it CTD´s the moment it attacked with it's claws but that seems to just be my skyrim being unstable. Was in a city

The second time i started a very early save in the Alternate Start Cell and here it attacked me without ctd just fine. Claw Attack, Stomp Attack and it's range Attack with tentacles.

Just to be sure i also spawned Lydia (my one and only Testing Slave for everything. Poor women..) And let her be it's punching ball since lydia actually has a 3bbb body and uses the meshes. Nothing wrong here.

The First CTD concerns me a bit but i think it's just my game.

It concerns me too. Are you using HDT SMP too? I haven't experienced anything myself with the tree guardian. I have encountered it with 8 skavens, 7 bandits, one dragon and bunch of other animals ?. Me and the Tree guardian won! No ctd.. but then again, I'm on LE without HDT SMP.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

That should have been fixed a while ago with the new updates to XP32 Acro did. Since anyone using HDT SMP needs the xp32 skeleton, it should never use the vanilla skeleton. But, I'm not in a position to actually run up to one and check.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988?tab=logs

- Added Lurker's new schlong, tongue, eggs bones with proper hkx.(CTD fixed version of course)

Yeah I hope this is "it". Thanks for this. Some posts in mihail thread after the release date, but you know, people don't update their skeletons right away.

42 minutes ago, Jack4123 said:

Tested on a new save with only Demonic Creatures and Faster HDT-SMP along with their dependencies enabled.

So using the creature list that comes with the mod, the only added creature with the Lurker skeleton is the Ancient Tree Guardian. Looking in SSEedit there are two Ancient Tree Guardian editor ids, (DEMEncAncientTreeGuardian and DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach). Spawning in an Ancient Tree Guardian with the FORMid for DEMEncAncientTreeGuardian works perfectly fine. They go through all of their attacks without crashing. 

Now here's the interesting part, the issue that the person in the post about the Ice Golem was saying that the crash doesn't come from the basic attacks themselves, but only whenever the creature using the Lurker race comes out of the ground. DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach is the only way you can find them coming out of the ground. In order to see if these creatures can cause the crash, I needed to teleport to where they are in the world to trigger them. As referenced in SSEedit, there are 3 places where they are found, coordinates in Tamriel (-17, -15) (27,2) and (38, -19). Upon teleporting to these coordinates, nothing happened. There was nothing, I even used TCL to check under the ground. 

I then used the FORM id of DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach to spawn some ancient tree guardians and noticed something very strange. Using that form ID can spawn the following: 

Black Rat    

Ancient Tree Guardian (exact same as the DEMEncAncientTreeGuardian, no crash) 

Cragkin Skysplitter goblin Melee

Beaked Dinosaur Zebra

Treeduckbil Jungle 

I used player.placeatme around 60ish times to make sure that it wasn't a one off thing and only around half of those did the Ancient Tree Guardian spawn. The other creatures on the list spawned less frequently, but those specific creatures can spawn using the formid of DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach. My theory is that when I tried to see if the placed Ancient Tree Guardians can cause a crash, the game spawned one of the 4 other creatures there instead, causing them to die and fall into the void. So I can't say for certain that it can or cannot cause a crash coming out of the ground. 

TL;DR: Spawning for the creature that could cause a crash is messed up, so it could probably cause a crash but can't tell for sure unless it's fixed. 

Thanks for testing Jack.

About that actor named "DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach". Every actor with this notation is not necessarily an "excact". The LvL actor picks up different type of traits or abilities from other actors kept in a separate list (leveled list).  The LvL actor holds this leveled list as a template. So when you spawn the LvL actor through console or encounter it in the Skyrim world, it will pick one actor from the leveled list. Reason to use this could either be difficulty leveling or variation. If I put a rat, a tree guardian and a Treeduckbill in this leveled list and set all three to be active at Player level 1, there is a 33% chance to spawn either of them when player is at level 1. So that's why you got those different spawn results. Good testing though. There is 7 outcomes of this leveled list and 3 of them is Ancient Tree Guardian. So roughly half :)

Edited by Thor2000
14 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

It concerns me too. Are you using HDT SMP too?

I am pretty sure my crash was just a coincidence. I just spawned him again in  Markaths Inn and everything was fine. Can't say anything about it'snatural spawn tho and Jack4123 did a more thoughtful test then me. Yes i am using it together with 3BA and CBPC. SMP Handles my physics, Cbpc my collision in anims so the former is more relevant  right now.   As Zarantha linked, if it got fixed then i would just add the Ice Golem and keep the older version without him up for people who still use the older Skeleton. That way everyone wins ? (and every new Mihail Monster with a Dick is a Win in my book ?)

23 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

Thanks for testing Jack.

About that actor named "DEMLvlEncAncientTreeGuardianFalkReach". Every actor with this notation is not necessarily an "excact". The LvL actor picks up different type of traits or abilities from other actors kept in a separate list (leveled list).  The LvL actor holds this leveled list as a template. So when you spawn the LvL actor through console or encounter it in the Skyrim world, it will pick one actor from the leveled list. Reason to use this could either be difficulty leveling or variation. If I put a rat, a tree guardian and a Treeduckbill in this leveled list and set all three to be active at Player level 1, there is a 33% chance to spawn either of them when player is at level 1. So that's why you got those different spawn results. Good testing though. There is 7 outcomes of this leveled list and 3 of them is Ancient Tree Guardian. So roughly half :)

Yeah no problem, I enjoy working through problems and debugging in my free time. That's a great explanation too, I completely forgot about leveled lists and how they're used in the creation kit. Do you know if the Ancient Tree Guardians spawn underground and go through the animation of the ambush or do they just spawn like any other entity? 

On 11/27/2021 at 8:55 PM, Jack4123 said:

Yeah no problem, I enjoy working through problems and debugging in my free time. That's a great explanation too, I completely forgot about leveled lists and how they're used in the creation kit. Do you know if the Ancient Tree Guardians spawn underground and go through the animation of the ambush or do they just spawn like any other entity? 

No there isn't any ground attack ambush on these guys. If I did it would mean they would spawn at the same place every time you walk by. Kind of boring?. Similar to the drowners in the mod. they always make that ground ambush where I placed them it gets very routine.

8 hours ago, littleman said:

ath made anew ogre mod, looks like an HD version of the current ogres we have

4thUnknown sadly still doesn't give permission to re-use.

I'm having issues with zombies under the Whiterun dungeons that I believe this mod is adding. They seem to instantly aggro the guards, who just go crazy because they can't get to them.

I'm running Prison Overhaul Patched and Devious Lore which I think both add NPCs to the dungeon, if that's relevant.

Edit: Tried disabling Devious Lore and that seemed to stop the guards from aggroing. The zombies still aggroed on me, however.

Edited by sockgolem

I think this mod is causing me to crash in  kilkreath temple. I crash on trying to enter the first part of the dungeon everytime with this mod installed, but disabling the mod and entering is fine. Reenabling the mod while inside the dungeon also causes a crash. Not sure if this mod is the root cause so I thought I'd let others investigate this as well. I'm using the latest SE version 1.51.

Edited by Jimbodan
17 hours ago, Jimbodan said:

I think this mod is causing me to crash in  kilkreath temple. I crash on trying to enter the first part of the dungeon everytime with this mod installed, but disabling the mod and entering is fine. Reenabling the mod while inside the dungeon also causes a crash. Not sure if this mod is the root cause so I thought I'd let others investigate this as well. I'm using the latest SE version 1.51.

You are not running with Demonic Creatures MCM SE also are you?

btw... the things placed in that dungeon by this mod is goblins and skavens. I'm going to remove those in next edition.

14 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

You are not running with Demonic Creatures MCM SE also are you?

btw... the things placed in that dungeon by this mod is goblins and skavens. I'm going to remove those in next edition.

I'm not currently using the MCM, no. Would you recommend using it?

8 hours ago, Jimbodan said:

I'm not currently using the MCM, no. Would you recommend using it?

Not until its updated. Using it leads to invisible goblins and mummies.

I'm not sure what is causing this CTD inside Kilkreath. If its related to this mod, I'm betting on a faulty mesh file. Could you try to spawn Skavens through console (specially skaven riders) to reproduce the ctd? There could be errors in SE versions that hasn't been revealed yet ?. The last patch I released fixed some nif errors on skaven riders. It works as it should on LE. Don't spawn any value starting with "FF".

Also: just verify you are up to date with ABC since earlier the skaven riders was not ABC supported. Now they are.

15 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Not until its updated. Using it leads to invisible goblins and mummies.

I'm not sure what is causing this CTD inside Kilkreath. If its related to this mod, I'm betting on a faulty mesh file. Could you try to spawn Skavens through console (specially skaven riders) to reproduce the ctd? There could be errors in SE versions that hasn't been revealed yet ?. The last patch I released fixed some nif errors on skaven riders. It works as it should on LE. Don't spawn any value starting with "FF".

Also: just verify you are up to date with ABC since earlier the skaven riders was not ABC supported. Now they are.

yep its the skaven for sure. The rider crashed me. I was able to spawn one of the peons and a different one crashed me. 

I'm using v2.41 of ABC.

Edited by Jimbodan
8 hours ago, Jimbodan said:

yep its the skaven for sure. The rider crashed me. I was able to spawn one of the peons and a different one crashed me. 

I'm using v2.41 of ABC.

Ok, but it's best you try to locate the ones that are troublesome. Either list their name, or preferably, their ID number you used to spawn them. That way other SE users can also try to spawn them to check if itd a general nif file issue. I'll recheck the skaven riders but it ain't much I can do if it looks nice in nifscope and works ingame.

Did you try download the v1.51 patch again and let it overwrite everything?

Other SE users: Can you try spawn the following:

DraugrRider    -> number -> XX0628FA

DraugrRider    -> number -> XX0628FB

Rad Rat    -> number -> XX062906

Skaven Rider    -> number -> XX0628FC

Would be nice to know if CTD occurs. Also in animations

Edited by Thor2000
2 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Ok, but it's best you try to locate the ones that are troublesome. Either list their name, or preferably, their ID number you used to spawn them. That way other SE users can also try to spawn them to check if itd a general nif file issue. I'll recheck the skaven riders but it ain't much I can do if it looks nice in nifscope and works ingame.

Did you try download the v1.51 patch again and let it overwrite everything?

Other SE users: Can you try spawn the following:

DraugrRider    -> number -> XX0628FA

DraugrRider    -> number -> XX0628FB

Rad Rat    -> number -> XX062906

Skaven Rider    -> number -> XX0628FC

Would be nice to know if CTD occurs. Also in animations

Testing it on my broken save atm

creatures works on my SE build, both spawning and sexing.

-DraugrRider FA/FB
-Skaven Rider

-RadRat

Current Loadorder: Shit ton of mods - 1.51 DC + SE SMP meshes (Although I may recheck the meshes again and make sure everything is working for all the creatures)

Spoiler

20211207012027_1.jpg.2ca6661a8b3b9cf794d4709cd437b57d.jpg

Draugr Rider

20211207012648_1.jpg.00e8f93acda9646bf93532cbb8542323.jpg

20211207013015_1.jpg.87c23f78df630cbda0e2b03fb7531a4b.jpg

Skaven Rider

20211207013505_1.jpg.ce040fe0375dc603bfd389355eac88c9.jpg

Edited by LoveNothing
8 hours ago, LoveNothing said:

Testing it on my broken save atm

thanks for checking!

Working on a new type of draugrs. Very good at maintaining in the tombs. Fast runners and strong, but have lousy combat skills. They're not particulary brave either, so most likely they'll run off and alert the rest of the tomb instead of figth. And they use either toches or maces with fire as 1H weapons. They carry backsacks with required resources and tools to maintain the tombs so the dragonborn can discovered it well tempered in cozy lightning ?.

Meet the caretakers! They will patrol really large areas of the tombs in serach for fireplaces or candles that needs to be either refilled or relit. Hopefully I can get them to avoid those traps cause that would be bad pay for the hours it takes to implement them.

Untitled.png

14 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

thanks for checking!

Working on a new type of draugrs. Very good at maintaining in the tombs. Fast runners and strong, but have lousy combat skills. They're not particulary brave either, so most likely they'll run off and alert the rest of the tomb instead of figth. And they use either toches or maces with fire as 1H weapons. They carry backsacks with required resources and tools to maintain the tombs so the dragonborn can discovered it well tempered in cozy lightning ?.

Meet the caretakers! They will patrol really large areas of the tombs in serach for fireplaces or candles that needs to be either refilled or relit. Hopefully I can get them to avoid those traps cause that would be bad pay for the hours it takes to implement them.

Untitled.png

Nice! And finally an answer for why the fuck the candles are lit ?

On 12/6/2021 at 3:36 PM, Jimbodan said:

I'm using v2.41 of ABC.

are you by chance using my partial SMP meshes for DC 1.50? I kind of broken Skaven meshes a bit, which i corrected later on

14 hours ago, LoveNothing said:

are you by chance using my partial SMP meshes for DC 1.50? I kind of broken Skaven meshes a bit, which i corrected later on

I don't think I'm using those meshes. The only meshes I have I believe are the ones coming from this mod. Which ones are you currently using? None of the skaven are working for me.

3 hours ago, Jimbodan said:

I don't think I'm using those meshes. The only meshes I have I believe are the ones coming from this mod. Which ones are you currently using? None of the skaven are working for me.

I'm afraid that your issue lies elsewhere then, all i can say is reinstall the mod, check your loadorder/install requirements, or try to debug what's wrong.

do you have mods affecting the skavens in this mod?

Edited by LoveNothing