1 hour ago, stas2503 said:

Oh ... The DD is not so simple. Just merging them is not enough ... you need to change the DDI mod code so that it does not look for the installed DDX, otherwise it simply will not work. And this is the smallest problem. There are also mods with a soft requirements on DD, such as SL Survival or PAHHSH. They are looking for esm files from DDa, DDi, Ddx. And their codes also need to be rewritten so that they look for a new esm file. and in the case of SLS, you still need to modify the DeviceList.json file.

I should have guessed that... ???

I was wrong also because some dd plugins are masters of other dd plugins, so they can't be merged. ?

2 hours ago, DrVec said:

Whats with the mods who are in need of one of the three? Like curset loot for example?

Because, mods requiring other mods is the norm. Cursed Loot is a mod pack that relies on items and functionality within the Devious Devices Framework mods (DDa, DDi, and DDx), which in turn the Devious Devices Framework relies on other mods because of their functionality (Sex Lab Framework, Sex Lab Aroused), and those mods also rely on other mods such as the Unofficial Patch, SkyUI and SKSE.

It's not unlike how regular software works. Yes, normal software have dependencies. You normally don't see it because software usually comes prepacked with everything it needs to run if it's not already  included in Windows. Steam also installs software dependencies once you've launched a game you've purchased.

I'm having a problem with the catsuits and while I may have missed it, I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so I assume it's something on my end, but I need some help in figuring out what that could be.

The problem I am having is that, after I make a new game, save it an then load that save, catsuits lose their shine. They keep their basic texture. A blue catsuit is still blue and all that, but it's now just one dull colour instead of the shiny version it is supposed to be. But BEFORE I do that save and load, the catsuit is looks like it is supposed to.

As I am using Mod Organiser 2, it was fairly easy to create a second profile where I only enabled what was required in order to test this and the problem still occurs.

So to clarify, I create a new game and let it finish loading the mods.
Then I use the console to give me a catsuit (for example the Black Ebonite Catsuit).

When I equip it, it looks as it is supposed to like here:

Spoiler

147596728_catsuit_pre-saveload.thumb.jpg.25719cee599572323ce1381e4ecd3795.jpg

Then I save the game and then reload that save and suddenly it looks like this:

Spoiler

770891753_catsuit_post-saveload.thumb.jpg.50d32b5e03fab0379ce5b7ca7ec666f7.jpg

Another thing that might be of note is that any NPC added by a mod that wears a catsuit, like Laura from Laura's Bondage shop or 2 of the NPC's in the new Whip and Chain Inn in DCL 9.0, their catsuit will have the non-shiny look from the very beginning. If I go to them without saving and loading the game, their catsuit will look like the second image, even if the one I am wearing still looks like it should.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this?

53 minutes ago, Nathriel said:

I'm having a problem with the catsuits and while I may have missed it, I haven't seen anyone else with this problem, so I assume it's something on my end, but I need some help in figuring out what that could be.

The problem I am having is that, after I make a new game, save it an then load that save, catsuits lose their shine. They keep their basic texture. A blue catsuit is still blue and all that, but it's now just one dull colour instead of the shiny version it is supposed to be. But BEFORE I do that save and load, the catsuit is looks like it is supposed to.

As I am using Mod Organiser 2, it was fairly easy to create a second profile where I only enabled what was required in order to test this and the problem still occurs.

So to clarify, I create a new game and let it finish loading the mods.
Then I use the console to give me a catsuit (for example the Black Ebonite Catsuit).

When I equip it, it looks as it is supposed to like here:

Reveal hidden contents

147596728_catsuit_pre-saveload.thumb.jpg.25719cee599572323ce1381e4ecd3795.jpg

Then I save the game and then reload that save and suddenly it looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

770891753_catsuit_post-saveload.thumb.jpg.50d32b5e03fab0379ce5b7ca7ec666f7.jpg

Another thing that might be of note is that any NPC added by a mod that wears a catsuit, like Laura from Laura's Bondage shop or 2 of the NPC's in the new Whip and Chain Inn in DCL 9.0, their catsuit will have the non-shiny look from the very beginning. If I go to them without saving and loading the game, their catsuit will look like the second image, even if the one I am wearing still looks like it should.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this?

If you don't have any enb nor texture mods, than it may be .ini related.

Try deleting skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini from the documents folder and recreate them starting a new game.

Then try using a tool like BethINI to get the best settings for yourself.

2 hours ago, Racoonity said:

If you don't have any enb nor texture mods, than it may be .ini related.

Try deleting skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini from the documents folder and recreate them starting a new game.

Then try using a tool like BethINI to get the best settings for yourself.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I didn't actually expect it to work, but it seems something in my INI files was the culprit, although I have no idea what it was. At least it's solved now.

I am still curious kind of setting in my INI files could have caused this, but at least it's fixed now.

3 minutes ago, Nathriel said:

Thanks for the suggestions.
I didn't actually expect it to work, but it seems something in my INI files was the culprit, although I have no idea what it was. At least it's solved now.

I am still curious kind of setting in my INI files could have caused this, but at least it's fixed now.

I learned not to care about those too much, for my mental sanity's sake... ?

Strange question, but does this require UUNP and doesn't work with BHUNP? I cannot for the life of me get the items to fit properly on my character. Granted, all I know how to do in Bodyslide is build the body and then batch-build the outfits.

I'm having the same problem with the Amazing World of Bikini Armor, despite having the UUNP morphs. It's like the items are pulling a completely different body shape from somewhere and using that instead of the one I'm generating when equipped. Do I have to manually copy a .nif somewhere to overwrite a "clothing body" of sorts?

1 hour ago, LatexLuger said:

Strange question, but does this require UUNP and doesn't work with BHUNP? I cannot for the life of me get the items to fit properly on my character. Granted, all I know how to do in Bodyslide is build the body and then batch-build the outfits.

I'm having the same problem with the Amazing World of Bikini Armor, despite having the UUNP morphs. It's like the items are pulling a completely different body shape from somewhere and using that instead of the one I'm generating when equipped. Do I have to manually copy a .nif somewhere to overwrite a "clothing body" of sorts?

For me the strange thing is how you managed to get BHUNP to work. ? I could never make it.

One thing I noticed is that the 3bbb bodies looked different from uunp in game, even if in bodyslide they had the same shape.

I'm pretty sure that UUNP and BHUNP are incompatible anyway, at least for the HDT-SMP part...

On 11/18/2020 at 3:42 PM, Kimy said:

I forgot to mention, but yes, if you have a previous version of DD installed, or participated in the beta, you will need to remove the old version first. I would not recommend installing 5.0 over an existing version.

Is this a collection of all of your mods? Or only the main mod of the device textures and items? Will I need to download the integrations and other mods? Cursed loot? Or is this all of them?

18 minutes ago, Aurelia Eclipse said:

Is this a collection of all of your mods? Or only the main mod of the device textures and items? Will I need to download the integrations and other mods? Cursed loot? Or is this all of them?

In order: Almost, no, no, yes and no.

There is everything here but Cursed Loot, so you'll need to download that on its page. It's still in beta though, so it will be in the posts/support section.

43 minutes ago, Racoonity said:

For me the strange thing is how you managed to get BHUNP to work. ? I could never make it.

One thing I noticed is that the 3bbb bodies looked different from uunp in game, even if in bodyslide they had the same shape.

I'm pretty sure that UUNP and BHUNP are incompatible anyway, at least for the HDT-SMP part...

I ended up going with that since Bodyslide doesn't seem to have UUNP meshes in it anymore. At least, when I try to run it none of the UUNP presets appear.

18 minutes ago, LatexLuger said:

I ended up going with that since Bodyslide doesn't seem to have UUNP meshes in it anymore. At least, when I try to run it none of the UUNP presets appear.

Here and on nexus there are plenty of UUNP presets.

I played a very long playthough (about 300+ hours), using DD 4.X all along the way. At some point, some of the DD animations stopped working ( perhaps due to papyrus overload by Requiem's Lightning Speed spell and other spells with huge physical effects ). A few hours later, this problem was partially restored. Don't know why, and I could not fix it completely.

After I updated to DD 5.0, DD animations seems to stopped working completely, I think it perhaps need to re-register its animations, but how? Is there any debug function or console command to do that?

On 12/7/2020 at 12:23 AM, Seph64 said:

Because, mods requiring other mods is the norm. Cursed Loot is a mod pack that relies on items and functionality within the Devious Devices Framework mods (DDa, DDi, and DDx), which in turn the Devious Devices Framework relies on other mods because of their functionality (Sex Lab Framework, Sex Lab Aroused), and those mods also rely on other mods such as the Unofficial Patch, SkyUI and SKSE.

It's not unlike how regular software works. Yes, normal software have dependencies. You normally don't see it because software usually comes prepacked with everything it needs to run if it's not already  included in Windows. Steam also installs software dependencies once you've launched a game you've purchased.

So it's enough when I Install this and curset loot and not the other 3 because all DCL needs is in this one? 

Well, yes.

If you are going to install Devious Devices 5.0, you will want to install Cursed Loot 9 Beta.

Otherwise you might run in to stability issues with running 8.5 with DD 5.

If you want to run the older version of Cursed Loot that is currently available, you'll probably want to go with the older version of the Devious Devices mods (which are seperated from each other).

3 hours ago, Seph64 said:

If you are going to install Devious Devices 5.0, you will want to install Cursed Loot 9 Beta.

Otherwise you might run in to stability issues with running 8.5 with DD 5.

No, DCL 8.5 with DD5.0 works like a charm.

But I admit that I can't say anything about those quests with Chloe or Supply and Demand, because I only tried them once and touched that (insert swearword) never again.

8 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

No, DCL 8.5 with DD5.0 works like a charm.

But I admit that I can't say anything about those quests with Chloe or Supply and Demand, because I only tried them once and touched that (insert swearword) never again.

Eh, I've read that some people reported that their game crashes much with DCL  8.5 and DD 5, but results vary.

I like having the ability with the newest devious devices to create custom devices but it is a bit vague in the description about how you go about doing it.  I had a few questions about that.  Are you able to create the custom devious devices while in the game or is it done outside of it?  Are those custom devices added to the list of devices that can become equipped when the % chance of one being applied to your character triggers?  It would be nice if in a future update there was a seperate readme file that explains exactly how that new feature works.  Thank you for your work though.  Much appreciated.  You rock ?

2 hours ago, SkyTem said:

I like having the ability with the newest devious devices to create custom devices but it is a bit vague in the description about how you go about doing it.  I had a few questions about that.  Are you able to create the custom devious devices while in the game or is it done outside of it?  Are those custom devices added to the list of devices that can become equipped when the % chance of one being applied to your character triggers?  It would be nice if in a future update there was a seperate readme file that explains exactly how that new feature works.  Thank you for your work though.  Much appreciated.  You rock ?

It's been a feature of the framework from day one. You want a custom device, you create the records with the appropriate properties in a new plugin with the framework ESMs that you're using as masters. Adding it to the random drops would be a matter of adding it to the appropriate leveled lists, either by overriding them or via a script that you set up to run ingame.

New mod idea for one requiring DD: Kinky fashion show! There would be hoster(s) and audience. Player could get into this through Simple Slavery or other repeatable event. It's a way to make money so it works for repaying debt by being the "test dummy". Audience could throw random suggestions and it would play differently every time. It's a pretty good way to use DD Contraptions as well. Things like this happen IRL but ofc Skyrim can go further.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:53 AM, SmokeMage said:

I played a very long playthough (about 300+ hours), using DD 4.X all along the way. At some point, some of the DD animations stopped working ( perhaps due to papyrus overload by Requiem's Lightning Speed spell and other spells with huge physical effects ). A few hours later, this problem was partially restored. Don't know why, and I could not fix it completely.

After I updated to DD 5.0, DD animations seems to stopped working completely, I think it perhaps need to re-register its animations, but how? Is there any debug function or console command to do that?

Checked my logging file, it says "[Zad] ((WARNING)): Not playing third person animation: Actor is already in a blocking animation.", in other posts someone said it means the animations was stuck somewhere, but how to fix it?

Now I have found its cause, it was BaboDialogue Mod's vice captain events, a quite complex (and buggy) one. It was stuck during one scene and stopped working, after I fixed that DD animations were all returned.

Question for anyone who might know: I know that iEquip was previously incompatible w DD, however since then both iEquip and DD have been updated. Does anyone know if that compatibility was fixed in either / both? I currently have 4.3 of DD and a compatability patch for iEquip to make them play nice at the cost of certain iEquip functionality, so I've not yet updated them bc if it ain't broke, y'know. But if I update both of them will that work?